Tap Settings > iTunes & App Store and then go to Settings > Apple ID > Family Sharing > tap your Name to . ask a new question. Click on the name of a member, then click. Lady Lamb - Ten Years of Ripely Pine 5xLP Box SetRecord/Vinyl + Digital Album. So, you can take a quick look and verify all the services you want to use. If you are using an Apple ID that is not listed or invited to the family, you wont get to access the Family Sharing services. You can try removing all the current members from Family Sharing. You should also ask your family members to check it on their Apple devices. Tap Family Sharing, then tap Set Up Your Family. An Apple user for almost 20 years, he spends his time learning the ins and outs of iOS and macOS, always finding ways of getting the most out of his iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac. Here, if you are the organizer, make sure all the family Apple IDs are correct. If you or a family member have trouble with Apple Music or iTunes on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, try signing out of your accounts on your devices, then signing back in, or turning off iCloud Music Library and turning it back on. However when I tap on family usage only one of them appears. Once opened, tap on Family under your name to open Apple Family Sharing settings. If youre still having problems with the Apple Music Family Sharing feature not working, the next step is to remove current members from your accounts Family Sharing feature. Tap Family Sharing, then select your name. If you don't see Family, tap your name, then tap Family Sharing. VidCap automatically creates subtitles for your videos (60+ languages supported), which you can customize to your leisure. Enter the Screen Time passcode if asked. It was around 3 years ago that she ventured into learning and writing about Tech. Make sure that you're using the same Apple ID. "Follow these steps to switch to the shared family plan on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: If you do not see the option listed as outlined there, the best next step will be to review support in your region. Fix Apple Family Sharing Not Working on iPhone and iPad, 1. New York, How to manage your Apple Music subscription, Tap Upgrade to Family Plan, tap Upgrade, confirm purchase, How to sign up for Apple Music's family plan, turn off Apple Music's automatic subscription, This new Apple TV Plus thriller just broke into the top ten of streaming last week, A new iPhone 14 color could be on the way, The iPhone 15 Pro might ditch the iconic mute switch in favor of something new, Here are five features to protect your hearing with iPhone, iPad and more, More iPhones could be built in India than ever before as $700 million Foxconn factory planned, Read everything from iPhone to Apple Watch, Mags delivered straight to your door or device. 5 Ways to Fix Apple Music Family Sharing Not Working. You should be connected to Wi-Fi or mobile data if you want access to the shared content. One of the workarounds that seem to have solved the problem for some users is removing everyone from the family and then adding them back again. Apple Family Sharing lets you share your Apple services including iCloud+, Apple Music, Arcade, and a lot more with your family or friends up to five members. For Mac users, the feature works with macOS Yosemite and later versions. Set Time & Date Automatically Method 9. Apple Family Sharing was launched along with the iOS 8 update, and any devices that run earlier versions of iOS do not support this feature. How To Fix Apple Family Sharing Music Not Working Use The Same Apple IDs Turn On Apple Music In Share Feature Solve Software Glitches. VidCap is the best companion for influencers, content creators and small business owners who want to create attention-grabbing videos. How does family sharing work on apple watch. Sign into a different iCloud Photo account for. Now follow the first two methods to ensure the Apple ID details of members and enable purchase sharing. Thanks!! One of the issues folks commonly encountered is when Apple Music Family Sharing stops working for one or more family members. Please refresh the page and try again. Click Family Sharing, then click Details next to your name. Outside work, I watch basketball, do amateur photography, and listen to questionable music. Heres how it works. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); You have entered an incorrect email address! Deal with mathematic equation. . Go to Settings, tap your name, then tap Family Sharing. So logging in/logging out of the App Store fixed the problem. Getting set up is simple. Make a note of the Apple ID that you're using. Choose to Stop Using Family Sharing. Go to System Preferences > Family Sharing. Now, i don't have an iOS device and had to borrow an iphone, set it up as mine and enable family sharing, made sure "tv channels>apple tv+" was turned on. Then ask your family members to check their settings too. You can'tbuy iTunes Match, iTunes Gifts, or Donations. Also, its worth noting that you may experience issues with the Family Sharing feature if your iOS version is not compatible. How to Fix Apple Music Family Plan Not Working 1. Needless to say, certain conditions apply here. Clear Usage Data Method 4. The main advantage of using professional file sharing apps instead of Apple Family Sharing is that you can share across platforms other than IOS. Heres how you can do it: Another solution you can try is to remove or leave the Family Sharing plan and then re-join it. See if Apple Music is listed among your subscriptions for your account ID. If a user replies to you with an answer that works, please reply/comment -solved. The same applies to Apple Music Family Sharing not working. If those steps don't work The above process eventually worked for me, but it took a few tries. This one fixed it for me as well! Heres how to do it: You can now go back to your Apple profile and log in again using the correct Apple ID. As mentioned above, nope. make sure that you're on a supported device, Learn how to use your own Apple ID for Family Sharing, iOS 8 or later on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Solved! You don't need to sign out of any other services that use your Apple ID, such asiCloudoriMessage. I hope at least one of these solutions helped you resolve Family Sharing problems on your iPhone. Please remember we only allow Software Issues here at r/iOS. This may not only resolve the issue but also give you a chance to remove incompatible devices that may be causing issues. Tap Family Sharing. Try and check each item below to further understand why this error is occurring. How to Use AirDroid Discount Coupon Codes? Get the best of iMore in your inbox, every day! Why is Apple Family Sharing not working? Still have a question about Apple Music and family sharing? Lets check it out. Restart it and try again. Make sure your devices are all set to the same country 3. ChooseApple menu > System Preferences, then clickFamily Sharing. When you try to make a purchase on an unsupported device, you'll still be asked to request permission. Info. If you want to check the shared content, like purchased songs and playlists with your family on Apple Music, heres what youll need to do: If youd like to have a bit of privacy, you can hide or unhide apps from the Purchase list. This article explains more about this: Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. For instance, you can share content across all devices and platforms. theirname@icloud.com), not yours. iMore is part of Future US Inc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. Whats the weather currently like at your location today? If you just learned something new about your phone, and want more of that, subscribe to our newsletter. When I look her up in "Family Sharing" on my device, she is listed to have access to "iCloud Storage" (similar as my wife and son). We made sure to revamp it for freshness and accuracy. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. Solve mathematic questions. Can I share an app with a family member? Select Store. https://amzn.to/30l59d6VISIT https://www.mrhack.io for more. If you are trying to set up Family Sharing and it does not work or if the invite which was sent or received by a family member does not open or if you are unable to see or share the purchases, do not worry. Add a new. You can try these popular fixes and see which works out. Click your name at the top of the page. If youre using different Apple IDs, then Apple Music Family Sharing will not work and your family members wont be able to access Apple Music services. I have family sharing on (Apple one premier) and both my (adult) daughters appear on it. If absolutely nothing else has worked, this is a last-ditch effort that has helped several people onlinebut one that comes at some risk. Apple's lack of support for a true family solution is forcing families to consider options that are not as privacy-focused iCloud Photos. I was an athlete (fencing) competing on the highest level (former #5 of the junior world ranking), and I am an IT professional with 15+ years of experience with a main focus on cybersecurity working as a Senior Cyber Technologist at Darktrace. Here's how to do it. Do math. So, its a good idea to check whether or not youre using the correct Apple ID. 11:50a 'U.S. housing . This will change the flair of your post and alert other users that your issue has been resolved. It is obvious at this point that you and your family should have an Apple device with their Apple ID signed in to use this feature. Sometimes the organizer might not have selected 'Apple Music' in the Family Sharing setup. Of course, you'll also want to make sure that Family Sharing is set up. Hopefully, well help you resolve the problem with this article. Check the Features You. Learn how to hide or unhide purchases from the App Store. Apple has been known to extend the trial period for new subscribers up to 6 months. Prior to that all notifications worked fine. You should also consider if you were on the trial period of Apple Music. However, you won't get a notification when the family organizerapproves or declines the request. Using Apple's Family Sharing plan, you can share iTunes and App Store purchases, Apple subscriptions, and even iCloud storage space. I only see the option to upgrade plan, not use family storage. Android platform Open the Play Store app. Disbanding a family group will automatically remove all members from the group at the same time. If you don't run into any strange bugs, here's how you should be able to sign up for Apple Music. I hope this glimpse into my life, my family, my work, and my own self development encourages you in yo Suppose you have multiple Apple IDs. Go to Settings, tap your name, then tap Family Sharing. Solving math equations can be challenging, but it's also a great way to improve your problem-solving skills. Apps, purchases etc are shared and looking at both of their subscriptions, they both have iCloud + showing. Continue with Recommended Cookies. If you want your Apple Music shared with your family, the Family Sharing feature on iOS devices can be very convenient. For instance, you can access a broken iPhone or stolen iPhone from a Windows PC using AirDroid. How to troubleshoot iCloud Music Library, Apple Music, and iTunes Match problems. Family Sharing is one of the advanced features offered by apple. Tap on Apple Music > See All Plans. 1. Apple music not working on Family Sharing is a common issue for users. Its a great way for saving a few bucks by splitting the bill for various subscriptions and purchases, which can add up quite a bit. It says request sent to parents to purchase but I don't get the request. We guarantee 100% privacy. Apple may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information Delete the Old iPhone Method 7. Then, you should add them back by sending new invites. Open Family settings: Just click on Manage Family. Removing everyone from Family Sharing and adding them back again is one of the methods that has worked for several people online. Family Setup on Apple Watch: Features, how it works, more. Essentially, Family Sharing expects other family members' devices to be logged in to their own iCloud ID. I was able to approve requests as the organizer.. The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. Shocked Apple cant fix this bug or at least let people know how to fix it. We understand Screen Time limitations are only working properly for one of your child's devices. From any other screen, swipe down from the center of the top of your screen. Check your settings, and ask your family members to check their settings. Transfer Files from PC To iPhoneWithout iTunes in 8 Ways, How to Download Photos from iPhone to Chromebook, Contact Our Support Team to Get a Quick Solution, Best Offline Music Sharing App- AirDroid Personal, Send files to Nearby family member's devices. I was having this issue on my iPhone 12 mini running iOS 16; I am the organiser of our family and was not getting the Ask to Buy notifications. ChooseApple menu > System Settings, then click Family. Method 1. The discussion and share your voice here. The problem is that my daughter does use the shared iCloud storage. Your email address will not be published. Much like the shared Family calendar, Family Sharing also automatically sets up a Reminders list that everyone in the group can view and Get Started. This stylish hard case and holster combo for iPhone 5/5S is now just $9.95 today! Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad. Sometimes this will do the trick where no amount of logging in and out will work, though I haven't personally tested thissuccess stories are solely from internet troubleshooting forums and folks on Twitter. the bleeding obvious). Changed the name of my phone in Settings->General->About, then restarted the phone, and that fixed it! However, the best solution to Apple Music Family Sharing not working is to use an alternative app to share music with your family. Hello, looks like your post is about Support. You can then check the details on which Apple ID youre using. It is also recommended to check for any software updates available for your devices. When setting up the Apple Music Family Sharing feature, some members of your family may encounter problems because they are still under an Apple Music trial period. Besides letting you share media files, AirDroid Personal can be a handy tool in various digital emergencies. She do have access to a shared AppleTV+ subscription so parts of the family sharing does work. I discovered today that I now have this problem with not getting my son's request to buy app notifications on my phone. What is Apple's Family Sharing feature and what is shared? You'll find steps to switch under "If you already had an iCloud storage plan" in the article above. http://bit.ly/mrhackioJoin Amazon Prime Video 30 day free trial! 2. The bug displays a prompt on. Press the option "Family sharing". Verify that you are using the same Apple ID in the iTunes Store and Family Sharing. You or any member can access this at any time by going to iTunes's purchased screen. I had the same - I had to to a software update on my sons phone then all good. This issue was driving me crazy for months. When you can't access Apple Music Family Sharing, you might first try restarting your phone. How to Mirror and Control iPad on PC [Updated 2023]. This still causes confusion for some users, so make sure to check everyones logged in with the correct Apple ID. If not, tap Share using secondary Apple ID and enter the Apple ID and password for that Apple ID. The same goes for your subscription services, like Music or Apple Arcade. If you're using an older device, you wont see your familys shared content. Ans. 5xLP box set in thick cardboard outer case. You will receive a verification email shortly. If you're the family organizer, click Purchase Sharing and make sure that Share My Purchases is turned on. Go to Settings > Apple ID > Sign Out and then Sign Back in. 1-800-MY-APPLE, or, Share an iCloud storage plan with your family, Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, Sales and Remote iPhone file access and management from AirDroid Web, Fast Transfer of files (200 mb/s across all networks). Wow!! Choose Apple menu > System Preferences. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the. Besides that, she also writes about other platforms she enjoys, like Windows, Netflix and other productivity software. If not, then Apple Music won't work on Family Sharing. He hasn't requested to buy anything from the app store for some time until now which is when I discovered the problem. Family Sharing lets you and up to five other family members share access to amazing Apple services like Apple Music, Apple TV+, and Apple Arcade. It is very important that you make sure the invite that you have sent is to the right email account that is linked to Apple ID. Restart your iPhone. The most common error with Apple Family Sharing is not being able to find Apples shared content, like Media & Purchases, Apple TV, and such. With this app you can: - Find inspiration, interpretation and imagination - Access commentaries for Revised Common Lectionary (RCL) in English and Spanish - Read commentaries for . Here is how to do that. . ChooseApple menu > System Preferences. Let us know down in the comments. So if you're the head of the household (ex. If you still can't find the app or other content, learn what to do. Here's what you need to know about setting up and troubleshooting your Apple Music Family plan. Then I logged back into the App Store on his phone with his Apple ID and logged back into the App Store on my phone with my Apple ID then viola notifications are magically working again. Should You Enable or Disable It, Cookie Clicker Garden Guide to Unlocking Every Seed, Computer Turns On But Monitor Says No Signal (9 Ways To Fix). For instance, you may notice some of the Apple services not working, Invite not opening, or not being able to see purchases. I used iPhone 5 with IOS 8. How to set up and use Family Sharing on iPhone and iPad. You can also use this chance to remove incompatible devices- often the source of problems. I discovered today that I now have this problem with not getting my son's request to buy app notifications on my phone. Confirm Apple ID and make sure to Turn On Family Sharing Select Purchase Sharing and turn it on (confirm that you agree to pay for purchases initiated by the family members you invite and that you have a valid credit card on file) Now it's time to send out invites for other family members to join. If you're having trouble joining Apple Music Family, or if you're simply looking for a more flexible way to share your music with friends and family. Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed. You can share playlists by clicking the Share button on a playlist and sending your family member the link, but otherwise, your music is separate. If it is not working let us now fix Apple Family Sharing not working issue on your iPhone and iPad. Most importantly, to enable Apple Music Family Sharing, you must subscribe to. This fixed it for me. Similarly, if someone in your network has turned off the visibility or kept the file 'hidden' on their device, others won't be able to find it. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Method 3: Sign Out Your Account and Re-Login It Sometimes, people may thinking why is my apple music not working on family sharing. You'll need to use this Apple ID to sign in later. On your iPhone and iPad open the Settings app from the App Library. The best solution to your Apple Family Sharing not working is to use a third-party system like AirDroid Personal to share your music. 4 Fixes to Family Sharing iCloud Storage not Working on. Click Family Sharingand click Details next to a family member's name to see if Ask to Buy is turned on for that person. Tap your name. How do I get her "switched" to used the shared plan? Math Practice. Any ideas?? By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question, By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion & Contests. Sign in with your Apple ID. Copyright 2023 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. keep in mind that this might delete some data from your phone, so youll want to carefully read the instructions on this page. Learn how to use your own Apple ID for Family Sharing. But what if Apple Family Sharing stops working? However, chances are that you have already tried it, as it is the first thing most users do when they face an issue with their device. How is it safe to buy a refurbished iPhone like from Amazon since the data from the previous owner? So, weve collected many possible solutions to fix Apple Family Sharing not working in our article below. NSFW: Net neutrality, the FCC, and the future of the Internet, Apple's Metal API was used to make upcoming mobile version of Disney Infinity 2.0. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. We rounded up some of the most popular ones. Sign Out of and Back into Your Account If you're the family organizer, make sure that Purchase Sharing is turned on. With spring bringing the world back to vivid colour, and a swathe of cultural experiences available to us again, this is a time to be savoured. Hardware issues should be posted to r/applehelp or r/iphonehelp. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Type above and press Enter to search. This is a pretty straightforward tip that you should try any time you encounter issues with system related apps or functions requiring an Apple ID. Shes also a coffee lover, a croissant connoisseur, and a singer - a self-proclaimed one of course. Tap Not [your name]?, then sign in with the Apple ID that you use for Family Sharing. Contains gatefold 2xLP release of the newly remastered version of Ripely Pine (on milky white vinyl), and a 3xLP gatefold jacket of 23 brand new studio recordings of songs from the Ripely Universe including pre-Ripely Pine . How Do I Mirror Phone Screen to My Browser? In privado and privado, access control ( AC) is the selective restriction of access to a place or other resource, while access management describes the process. Solved! If you add a member to Family Sharing during this time, they will be able to enjoy the shared content. 2. How to Fix Apple Music Family Sharing Not Working. New purchases appear in the Purchased tab in Apple Books, the App Store, or iTunes for each family member. . In the menu bar, choose Store > Sign Out. With Family Sharing, you and up to five other family members can share access to amazing Apple services like iCloud+, Apple Music, Apple TV+ How to Set Up Apple Family Sharing for Purchases. If youre on a Mac, its macOS version needs to be 10 Yosemite or higher. 5 Ways to Fix Apple Music Family Sharing Not Working. When you set up purchase sharing, everyone in the group gets immediate access to the songs, albums, movies, TV shows, books, and apps purchased by family members who choose to share them. The good news is that there are several fixes to solve this Apple Music Family Sharing not working issue. Disabled Cellular Data Oftentimes, you won't be able to connect to WiFi. What do families share? Visit our corporate site (opens in new tab). If you are a member, make sure that you have been added to a family group or ask your organizer to send you an invite. . Go to Settings > Users & Accounts > [your name]. And the Apple Music Family Sharing not working issue is pretty common. To do that, follow the below-mentioned steps: 3. There are a couple of different ways: sharing purchased content on iTunes, sharing playlists, and Home Sharing. Find the app. How does family sharing work on apple watch. Step 2. Heres what youll need to do: If youre on a Mac, you can follow these steps: If youre on a Mac, you can refer to these steps: As a veteran Apple user, Grishma Ghale is a fan of its products and loves to write about anything iOS/macOS. 3. When I go to iCloud+, I see the other four members of my family, but I do not see an option to add a family member. Just worked for me, wow what a silly thing lol. But, this feature is also vulnerable to many common errors. Yep, though I'd recommend against it. From here you can manage everything you want to share with your family members, including Apple Subscriptions, App Store Subscriptions, iCloud+, Purchase Sharing, etc. Change the name of your device and it will magically start receiving the Ask to Buy requests again. Now that youre signed out, head back to Settings, and go Sign in to your iPhone. AirDroid grants you more independence than Apple Family Sharing. I changed the name of my phone, and then the next request actually produced a notification on my phone when the Ask button was pressed on my kids iPad. But there are some features that need to be enabled for sharing first. Family sharing not working for all members I recently created Apple accounts for my two children and set up family sharing with a 200gb storage plan at the same time. Family Sharing is a feature introduced with Apple's latest operating systems. Change the name of the affected device? Follow the steps below to remove a member from Family Sharing on your iPhone or iPad: To add a member to Family Sharing, simply click Add Member > Invite People and follow the instructions to proceed. While some people may share iTunes IDs for Match and purchased content, to get the Apple Music signup to work, it's important that every account on the family member's device be linked to that family member's account. New subscribers get one month of trial period for Apple Music. From the Lock Screen, swipe up from the middle of the screen. Thanks! Follow these steps-, Restarting your phone is one of the typical methods to solve software glitches. Looks like no ones replied in a while. 6. If the aforementioned steps did not work for you, its time to load in the big guns. Now, open Family Sharing and then go to the Share Feature. Make sure that youre using the same AppleID. You can contact her at grishma@technewstoday.com. Family Sharing. When I look at her up in "Family Sharing" on her device, "iCloud Storage" is not listed. [3 Effective Ways] How to Mirror Android to Roku? Then ask your family members to check their settings too. Enable Purchase Sharing. However, as soon as the trial period ends, they will face the 'Family Sharing Apple Music not working issue. Press Esc to cancel. When you set up purchase sharing, everyone in the group gets immediate access to the songs, albums, movies, TV shows, books, and apps purchased by family members who choose to share them. Tap Apple ID for Purchases and make sure that you're signed in withwith the same Apple ID that you use for Family Sharing. To set up an Apple Music family plan, you first have to create a Family Sharing group A Family Sharing group can contain up to six people, each with their own. 5 Ways to Fix Apple Music Family Sharing Not Working. If youre using several Apple IDs to access Apples various services, make sure that youre using the same ID for signing in to your Apple devices and Apple Music Family Subscription. To turn off or disband the current group, you must be the Family Organizer of that group. Launch Settings on the organizer's phone. On Apple TV Go to Settings > Users & Accounts > [your name]. Notifications show up at the top of Notification Center. Family Sharing is a great Apple Music feature that allows up to six family members unlimited access to the same subscription on any of their devices. I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. All that said, here's the deal: You can disband your family by either deleting the family group or removing everyone from your family and then re-adding them. There are multiple reasons for apple Family Sharing not working problem. Will contact Apple to hopefully resolve the issue. Hi, Family account with 2 kids and wife as parent. Step 2: Select the family member who has the problem of Apple Music Family membership not working and tap "Remove" icon.