Using a game strategy to push a business forward is a different approach, but it has been proven successful for many. However, you can successfully apply most of the following tips to either strategy. Thanks a lot! If you reach the last decision round, comment down below and I will give you some hints on how to boost your net profits for the last year and gain some extra points. Here is a chart again tho show you the process: If your regular production capacity is not sufficient, use overtime. Fin. This would leave you with a bunch of shoes unsold. Theguide will show you how to make your company lean and agile to cope with the industrys marketplace. at least one of the two teams has an S/Q of 8* and low prices so far (yes, they are in first place for now) what do you think we should do?. Exactly. If you bid on multiple celebrities, it is good to set a ranking priority and a spending cap so that you do not spend more money than you want or have available. so idk what i may have done LOL, Hello, may I ask my is not that great at the moment and we are onto year 13 which is like 2nd year maybe of the game and i try my best to like follow your tips though not as fully cause I still dont understand much especially the calculation one a bit confusing cause I am bad at that, so far I have 7 s/q rating though I am unsure should I do lower models or not cause I am afraid it might not be enough for profit and all because most I see at average of rating and high models , I was wondering what can I do to make it better? Who Else Wants to Win Business Strategy Game? | BSGTips In the upper left box, you have available sources of additional cash. This decision page is mainly a waste of money and we will not spend a lot of time with this page. Beating the Business Strategy Game About the Guide. The importance of buying back stock early and how buying back stock gives you an edge in the game. So I run into problem again! Obviously, the other teams and their decisions will play the biggest role in how you play the game, but this is a good starting point for how the game works and . The strategy utilized is broad and will allow your company to decide in what direction you want to take your company after to win Business Strategy Game. On this decision page, you can bid on celebrities. Thank you! If it is 0%, that is fine as well, do not worry about it. Do not worry about me skipping the Internet Marketing, Wholesale Marketing, and Celebrity Endorsements pages. Is it too late to reduce that to 50 as you suggested in your recommendation? As already mentioned, it is important that you ship all your shoes for the North American warehouses and the Latin American warehouses from the North American plant. I include tons of free information to give you a leg up on your classmates on my blogroll. Almost done, the last decision page. One week they might increase, the other they might increase by just a little or even decrease. This will enable you to tap into the different unique abilities of each of the members thus strengthening your team. The fact that you are looking for help mean. With the high-quality shoes + low model strategy, the only thing you care about is your PROFIT. Before you even start plugging in any numbers, it is important that you decide for a strategy to pursue for the game. Do you know why is that? Players must make decisions to build brand loyalty by improving . Finished top 3 the first time and we are currently in 2nd place through 5 weeks for our current simulation. How To Win A Business Simulation Game? This is actually typical of almost every single Business Strategy Game Industry, as it takes only 1 greedy person to get the ball rolling. Celebrities will enhance your marketing efforts and help you sell more shoes. So regardless of what decision year youre in, how bankrupt you are, or if your company is dead last right now you can SUCCEED in the Business Strategy Game by following my SIMPLE tips, advice, and strategies. I cannot make any money there. If Im wrong, Ill post another comment. The worst thing that could happenis you follow one of these guides to save a few bucks, to implement the strategiesThe Whole World Seesand end up LOSING the Business Strategy Game which may result in a low grade and possibly re-taking the class! Purchasing capacity is 20% cheaper than building new capacity on your own. This means, without increasing your superior material or enhanced styling / features, you gain 1 star. You will also receive a copy of Currency Made Simple. In this article, you will explore some of the strategies and tips that should be employed to boost your winning chances. This is why building additional capacity is so important. More than often they drone on and on about BSG, to the point, its barely relevant toimpress you with abunch of words. What should I do in this case? The BSG Game went through a major revision in the beginning of 2019. Profit is the key to success in this game! Use of my strategy creates a landslide effect that, as you can see, is very devastating to all opponents. or A-P plant. Hello. However, to be able to do so, you need available capacity. On this page, you will optimize your entries and toggle each value until your reach the maximum profit possible for each entry. If numbers do not add up correctly and your total pairs shipped do not match your total pairs available, go back to the Branded Distribution page and adjust your numbers accordingly. Thank you so much! Now, I am worried about the future rounds. I highly recommend starting below with my free tips guide. We will now look at all the decisions you have to make to actually play the game and be successful with your strategy. Is your strategy also works for my situation? I like to have around $8-10 million ending cash available after all my decisions are made. Hi. I am on my second year and I have negative income right now, any tips on how to get in the positive? Be cautious though: Do not only look at the percentage change in net profits, but also at the total value as the total value might change sometimes but the percentage change remains the same. 16 Business Simulation Games for Entrepreneurs With this, they raised the global capacity to 30,000 when the potential global demand (including private label) is only 24,218. Nine Game-Changing Business Tips That Helped These - Forbes What Poker Strategists Say Poker is an incredibly strategic game and as such, there's a lot to learn from its big players. Again, this can be trial and error for a couple of decisions but you should get a feeling for what multiplier is best for your company. I did not stock issues or issue purchase in the those years. I usually go ahead and plug in whole dollar amounts for the wholesale price and see how net profit changes. It makes sense; the more ads you run, the more your celebrity endorsement will be seen and the more effective it is. Dont be fooled by Cheap imitation Business Strategy Game guides you might see online. Also, I am concerned about the prices strategy; the group who is in the first place has the plan of highest S/Q rating (7) with 200 models and lowest prices. After you read the free Business Strategy Game Tips Guide, I recommend checking our Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube channels. Business Strategy Game Help - reddit If you have beginning inventory from last year (you did not sell all your shoes), try and use the Inventory Clearance option in the lower half of the page. You cannot afford to followsimple techniques and fail! I am the longest known active Business Strategy Game player with a career stretching back to 2006 and throughmultiple versions of BSG. So, should I decrease pay dividends here to $0.15? However, my net profit is still negative even after i have adjusted the private-label. Learn a little more about the theoretical concepts behind the game in our Free MBA course. If it increases your profits, leave it at Yes, otherwise set it to No. You can decide to sell or purchase available capacity, upgrade your plants, build new plants in other regions, or add capacity to already existing plants. This like a trial and error process and does not necessarily have to make sense. Other teams in your industry wont stand a chance when you unleash the tactics we teach. Again, try out each percentage for each region and set it to the percentage that yields the highest profits. You can do this by paying off your loans at the earliest possible time. However, you can successfully apply most of the following tips to either strategy. Its a lot of trial and error until you find the best possible value and it takes a lot of time at the beginning. Make all the decisions tactfully and base them all on research and not emotion. Especially with our high quality and low models strategy, this will be very beneficial and will safe you some money. In this video we go over these five Business Strategy Game Tips: Price elasticity and why most athletic footwear companies don't understand how it is really computed. My group and I are also playing the new version of the game and were little bit lost. What is this Currency Made Easy! BSGTips.com is a proven guide (written by a Business Strategy Game Grand Champion) on how to win, not just how to play. Hi Fin, Thanks for the detail post and the screen shots. Again, it is important that you keep in mind to optimize your profits. Thats a relief. Oh, how I wish I had known all this before I began playing. My team and I are going to the second round of decisions, so I think were still on time to switch towards another area in the market. Same for your superior material. Use the remaining 30% capacity to sell shows in private-label! Also do you know the cost of building additional capacity. Like I said before, you should be building capacity, yes. It can be very beneficial for you. Sounds good, congrats! However, with a reasonable price. You are now all set to dominate your industry and win the BSG! But my profit is still a little bit low for a second place, guess my price is too low and I need to cut some of my expenses, right? The Business Strategy Game or BSG is a simulation game used by, different colleges for their Business capstone. You might think that using green footwear materials or using recycled boxing / packaging is a good decision, especially with the currently ongoing environmental debates. of what decision year youre in, how bankrupt you are, or if your company is dead last right now . It is not. How can I increase my game score? However, if done right, it is worth the time as it will yield the maximum profit possible and success in your industry. Weve solved EVERYTHING for you. I have placed this manual and an easy-to-use currency spreadsheet on this site for you. havr the highest stock price, image rating at 90, A+ still, and double digit EPS. When starting the BSG, you have two long-term loans; one for 5 years, the other one for 10 years. Its not too bad, no worries. My stupidness did not know that I should not pay dividends when I am in 5-year-loan, so I did not adjust any part in Finance Cash Flow except for borrowing. Business Strategy Game | Play Free Online - MBA Crystal Ball Promise I wont have tons of question haha. Is this guide guaranteed to make me win? Hi, Im glad to hear that it helped! The market share, which can be increased by: increased advertising, extensive market research, checking out the competition, and most importantly understanding the needs of your customers. But the plant page did say not recommend to build the plant so I was hesitating. From the desk of: a Business Strategy Game Grand Champion. You can get BSG Game Help from experts who will guide you on how to win or top you game with the best Strategies.Visit BSG Game Help today and get professional guidance from BSG Experts. In Y12, I paid early payment 12,000k at 8.5% and continued borrowing 70,000k at 4.5% for 5-year). 4. Your Delivery Time should be set to 3 weeks. Looking at the North America column, you now have to plug in your values for Wholesale Price, S/Q Rating, Models Available, etc. Here, you will determine the Percentage of Superior Materials, Number of Models, Enhanced Styling / Features, TQM / Six Sigma Quality Program, Change in Annual Base Wages, Incentive Pay, and Best Practices Training. Best strategy guides for bsg online how to win bsg (business strategy game) have spent years of ten dedicated men practicing the bsg online games with over DismissTry Ask an Expert Ask an Expert Sign inRegister Sign inRegister Home Ask an ExpertNew My Library Discovery Institutions University of Law University of Greenwich University College London On this screen, you can handle your financial decisions for your company. Do the same for your E-A and A-P volumes and plug them into the A-P manufacturing slot. Same with all the other values, like I described in my blog post And then use all your remaining shoes for the private label market. In the instance where a plant is available for purchase, buying one would be the ideal option because you will be able to save time and up to 20% of the money that would have otherwise been used to build one. Be objective in your approaches from the beginning of the simulation right to the end. You are now done with all your decisions for the Corporate Citizenship decision page and should hit the Save Decisions button on the upper right-hand corner. Thank you, Fin! Your interest rates depend on your credit rating and the duration of your loan. Stick in your e-mail address, and the tips guide will be in your inbox instantly. $50.66 but $50.67 gives you higher profits, go for the higher prices. Do this for all four regions. Thanks! Learn tips & tricks, from a BSG Grand Master! A free section gives the casual reader some tips and tricks in class and a paid guide for people who are behind and need to catch up or students who want to save themselves the headache and win. The C.I.R on the other hand will give you a deeper look into market share, S/Q ratings as well as price. Learn the single most powerful strategic financial decision you can make that WILL, Discover why one business level strategy is FAR SUPERIOR to all the others and why you will surely lose if youre not implementing it, Learn in plain English what each decision screen does and the data thats important to manipulate to win, Learn how to pull yourself out of debt instantly even if youre bankrupt or dead-last, Learn which industry reports you MUST pay attention to and how to interpret them, Discover the single-most common mistake that students make and why you MUST avoid it at ALL COSTS, Learn which regions you should build factories in and which regions you should steer clear of. It is a show to the investors whether their investment is performing well. I have encountered two successful strategies so far: medium-quality shoes (S/Q rating of 5-6 stars) paired with high number of models (250-350 models) and high-quality shoes (S/Q rating of 8-10 stars) paired with low number of models (50 models). At the lower half of the page, you also determine how many branded pairs you want to manufacture in each region you have a plant. No worries, this is logical and you did nothing wrong. Then, just like you did before, plug in different values for your internet price and see, which price yields the highest net profit. Private label will help you dominate your competition. And Im so thankful for your post!!!!!!!! You will also receive a copy of Currency Made Simple. Two decision rounds later, I was ranking 3rd in the world. You want to setEthics Training / Enforcement to All Employees and Workforce Diversity Program to Yes. Created Oct 30, 2013 Restricted 753 Members 5 Online Moderators Moderator list hidden. . The information is these . The Business Strategy Game (BSG) is online games in which students form teams that are assigned tasks and compete in running the business of an athlete footwear company. Copyright 2018 BGSTips.com | All rights reserved. The higher your celebrity endorsement value for a specific region, the more your advantage in attracting buyers to purchase your branded footwear. To be a Business Strategy Game Grand Champion, you have to firmly understand every nitty-gritty little detail within the Business Strategy Game Manual. Business Strategy Game Tips - . This is my personal procedure that has led me to become Grand Champion and nothing on the web can compare to my precision perspective of BSG. The demand depends on your retails, price and quality. If you have any questions, suggestions, or comments feel free to comment and I will do my best to help you out. Market share is not crucial for your success in the BSG, but profit is. if you have left over inventory, you should either work on your numbers as I described in my post or put the left-over shoes into private-label. Instantly Jump Your Business Strategy Game Score 10 Points for FREE! How and when to buy celebrity endorsements at the BSG-Online. The rule of the game is to compete with the other students' teams to stay ahead to gain a competitive advantage over other teams. The best business tip I have received so far is to have a backup plan for all your moves. Should I decrease the pay dividends and do stock repurchase in Y13? Those are LEARNING REFERENCES written bycommonplace Industry Champions, which teach you how toplay. Paying off these loans in advance has the advantage that you will pay less interest over the coming years. Hello, Please post any information pertaining to: strategies, tips, final presentations, case studies, quizzes, etc. The best Business Strategy Game Guide| BSG Help | BSG Guide Thank you in advance! If you have any questions, feel free to come back and ask them. Sure, you can ask anytime This will lead to greater visibility for your company and thus a boost in the image rating. Currently, were selling 150 models. After you have done this, you repeat the same procedure for Europe-Africa and Asia-Pacific with the A-P plant because it is cheapest to ship shoes from A-P to E-A. After you have plugged in your numbers for both plants and your Branded Pairs Available for Shipment matches your Total Branded Pairs Shipped from each Plant, go ahead, click the Save Decisions button, and move to the Private-Label Operations page. But again, thanks! It almost worked TOO WELL. To be an Industry Champion, you just have to beat your classmates but to be a Business Strategy Game Grand Champion you have to BEAT every single Industry Champion that's won the Business Strategy Game. Worst case, all the demand is already satisfied in your region before your shoes at a certain price is being considered. The Business Strategy Game 2023 Edition Competing in a Global Marketplace New Students (click here) New Instructors (click here) Login for Returning Users Forgot Password ? Business Strategy Game (BSG). Do you have any tip/tricks on - reddit If not, see what positive percentage yields the highest profit for you. Business simulation games allow you to experience certain aspects of running a business in a completely virtual, consequence-free environment. Increase models? However, if you happen to use overtime at either of the two plants, plan on increasing the plants capacity in this decision round. We are reaching the last decision round and would like some hints on how to boost net profits for the last year and gain some extra points. WINBSG.COM: Win the BSG Business Strategy Game - Discussing effective Try out each and every value and note down the highest net profit values. The celebrity should also be compatible with the product, for instance, a football player would be ideal for a sports shoe endorsement. The Business Strategy Game is a PC-based exercise, modeled to reflect the real-world character of the globally competitive athletic footwear industry and structured so that you run a company in head-to-head competition against companies run by other class members. Even more important is, to stick to it! Good communication skills. However, it is not necessary and Option C is definitely more effective. I would then adjust the Percentage of Superior Materials to whatever is needed to match my S/Q Rating with the value plugged in on the Sales Forecast page. Make year 11 EASY on yourself and learn how the game is played. This game can be overwhelming, so anything to help other players! What will I get for my $48? Any advice? However, some values, such as the Wholesale Price have decreased instead of increased. I would still go for the 50 models and make sure to buy or build capacity so you have enough for your private label. Dont believe us, just try below. As much as expansion is important to the lifeblood of a company, if you are faced with a situation of people rapidly building a lot of capacity. As I keep reading online about different strategies to win, there are some postings that are aligned with the strategy of low quantity of models offered at a high quality and keep increasing capacity. You basically determine and run the market. Since youre only in the second year, I would honestly decrease your models to 50. Hey!! Sometimes thats cutting expenses, sometimes thats increasing expenses (even though it might not make sense at first). This also means that players have a limited number of options which creates a glass ceiling and sets the tone for the rest of the game.The first years of a Business Strategy Game is fairly fragile and any major mistakes will leave permanent scars. After you have successfully plugged in your branded pairs that need to be manufactured for both plants, click the Save Decisions button and move on to the Branded Distribution page. Im playing the new version of the game, and your guide has worked perfectly for the first two years! Two of the most important things to do here are analyzing your competition and optimizing your values. Here are a few things to give you confidence in us: Our guide & coaching took every customer to 1st or 2nd place utilizing the guide. Our final score was 99 and the closest team to us scored a 74!Out of a total of 11 teams, 7 of them scored below 40! . The BSG tends to underestimate those values by about 20% and hence, you need to correct them for a more precise estimate. So where to look at this thing, as soon as you start the BSG Online Game. It covers in detail all of the strategies, concepts, software features and tricks necessary to win the McGraw-Hill Business Strategy Game. If you're like most students though, you just want to win the Business Strategy Game, be crowned Industry Champion, get the grade, and move . They have all changed by +2%, just as you plugged it in. Beat the Business Strategy Game. You now need the forecasted Regional Sales Volume for both the Internet Segments and Wholesale Segments in all four regions that you wrote down earlier. This enhances the marketing efforts for the brand. I will just adjust it first and see what happens, thanks a lot:). congrats on your success! Always keep that in mind when formulating your strategies and leave room for adjustment where necessary. A McGraw-Hill Business Strategy Game Online Expert, Copyright 2023 Win The Business Strategy Game Online Powered by Wordpress, W3 Total Cache & Cloudflare, Business Strategy Game Quiz 1 Study Guide, Business Strategy Game Quiz 2 Equation Cheats, New Glo-Bus Simulation Game Quiz 1 Answers, New Glo-Bus Simulation Game Quiz 2 Answers, Buy The Business Strategy Game Guide for $29.99, Tips and equations to make the quizzes easier, An easy to understand tutorial on exchange rates, tariffs, interest rates, and how to utilize them to your advantage, YouTube Videos on how to play the game and learn the software as quickly as possible, An distilled version of the players guide to save you a lot of time. Login Scroll Down Your browser does not support the video tag. Like I explained in my blog post, do everything that is necessary to increase and maximize your net profits. gorilla on your side. I daily (thank you, Hootsuite, for making it so easy!) Sorry for the late reply.. Been starting my new job and working a lot lately. Those that havent played the BSG Online yet and are researching online for every advantage they can find. If this is still not enough, add the missing shoes to the other plants Branded Pairs to be Manufactured in Year XX number. Members of the team should have skills and strengths that serve to complement each other for a perfect working synergy. A celebrity endorsing your product offers a big boost to product awareness, helps a brand penetrate new regions thus acquiring new market shares, and can drive up sales. Hi. Hi there! According to the change, you can estimate the next years average industry internet price and plug it in. Business Strategy Game (BSG) Helpful Tips!!! - YouTube Try and set it to Yes. After you have calculated the manufacturing volume for each region, add up your N.A. Business Strategy Game Tips | BSG Game Tips | BSG Business Strategy By employing the best cost strategy. Those that are already playing the BSG Online and are going bankrupt and/or are dead last. we are having a horrible time of having left over inventory .. we are in year 13 and our numbers are ok we were 1st place last on year 11 and second place on year 12 but i having a feeling we have been focusing so much on our current numbers we arent going to end well any advise on what we should do on inventory and other sections of the game. In my opinion, I believe the other teams are thinking on exploit the private label. You might have the highest profits with 0 advertising budget. Ive played the Business Strategy Game many times through and have completely dominated my opponents every single round of every single game. You always want to make sure that you produce your sales volume for N.A. Hence, make sure to plug in every possible value to reach the highest net profit possible. and L.A. in North America to reduce costs because ofNAFTA. Were at the middle of the pack and wanted the best strategy to move up the ranks. Tips on How to Win the Business Strategy Game (BSG) BSG Game Help - Business Strategy Game Online Tutoring And should I do stock repurchase this year? Weve heard countless horror stories of students not taking the BSG seriously and failing the course as a result. The information is these guides is laid out, and displayed, in such a way . In the first few years, this will be pretty difficult to determine. Virtonomics. Anyhow, recalling that I could find no helpful information about the game when I looked, I decided to put together a manual that would be helpful to future students of the game. For this blog post, I will concentrate on the high-quality + low model strategy. The FREE BLOGcovers topics like. Taking up stock offering is a cheaper alternative to loans in case of an expansion, but caution should be practised as this move might lead to a drop in the cost of the EPS. Again, trying out different combinations and optimizing net profits is key for these values. . These two products combine with empower you to win the BSG with very little effort.These two guides are PACKED with tons of Business Strategy Game tips, hints, strategies, advice, and guidance.There is no other substitute on the internet today that comes close to competing with these two products. After you have done this for both the N.A. Contact the Grand Championand Learn more about the BSG. Waiting to buy them later will lead to an increase in their prices. and A-P plant, focus on your Total Branded Production Needed to Achieve Year XX Sales Forecast section on the lower half of the page. This will save you money in the long run and at the same time boost your credit rating positively. With the high-quality shoes + low model strategy, the only thing you care about is your PROFIT. I personally would not bid higher than $5,000 $6,000. Business Strategy Game Cheats I Best BSG Game Cheats 2022 You can either take out a 1-year, 5-year, or 10-year bank loan. In addition, you have the option to repurchase your stock. Okay! I would always encourage you to bid on available celebrities. I worried that another team would have stumbled onto your blog, but few people Google tips it seems! In the first years, the estimate of the industry average might be a little off the +2%. Switch between different advertising budgets to see which strategy will be the most cost-effective to capture the target market at the best price. I am a Business Strategy Game Grand Champion. Those that are already playing the BSG Online and perhaps want an edge over the competition. Hi Yvonne. No worries, it will be easier after the first few years. Complement each other. Repurchasing stock will boost both your EPS and ROE.