They believe that every child deserves the opportunity to experience the benefits of camp. I would have been happy to stay home playing wiffle ball and drawing comics with friends I already had. Our arts program is one of our most popular.. Deluxe Cabins are perfect for new and experienced campers. Getting to know Kweebec Schwenksville, PA 19473 Camp sessions are broken into halfs and wholes. Petkov says its no different at Saginaw. Likewise, Kweebec sets up pen-pal relationships between new campers and those whove been through the process, are about the same age, and live in a similar area. The Camp Kweebec family mourns the loss of Richie Kane. Since Kweebec's inception in 1935 we have been meeting the highest standards in the camping industry. How much does a Nurse make at Camp Kweebec in Pennsylvania? I witnessed many of these activities last August, when Ia full-grown manspent most of a week embedded at Camp Kweebec, a camp for boys and girls ages six to 16 in the far suburbs of Philadelphia. Creekside (7-10), Pinesite (11-12), and Cliffside (13-16) do some activities together during the day and eat meals at the same time. Uncover why Camp Kweebec is the best company for you. - Amplified music OK indoors and outdoors, - Alcohol must be served by licensed bartender/caterer, Price this venue to get your customized estimate, no strings attached. Some couldnt get enough; they became counselors after they couldnt be campers anymore, then had children so they could send them. A free inside look at company reviews and salaries posted anonymously by employees. If this continues to be an issue, please let us know how you landed on this page and we will look into it. In the morning, campers have Bible and elective classes. It is our pleasure to invite you and your family to join us for a Rookie Day or Rookie Tour this summer. All rights reserved. Fairview Lake offers more than an incredible summer camp program - we're open all year! Summer Camps in MICHIGAN. My greatest advice towards anyone considering becoming an overnight camp counselor is to go into the job with purpose and a goal to make a difference. Camp Kweebec can host groups of all sizes. Sports leagues, bunk activities, choice periods, swimming, instruction or over 50 possible activities means theres absolutely no time to waste. I saw a big change in maturity and growth just in the first three weeks they were away, she says. But they dont always address those feelings. At the end of the summer, a lot of the parents say theyre amazed that their children came home more responsiblebecause we insist that they help take care of their bunk and work as a team, says Petkov. There are plenty of reasons to choose a KOA Deluxe Cabin vacation rental for your next getaway. Their spacious cabins and wonderful facilities allow for overnight stays and our large number of fields, courts, and indoor spaces provide plenty of space for any type of wedding style. Kweebec implemented its electronics-free program last year. I both attended and worked at Camp Kweebec in the 1970s and 1980s, spanning ages nine to 19. The bunk is where campers learn to live together as a group and understand the importance of acceptance, patience, and collaboration skills that will stay with them for the rest of their lives. For over 100 years,Camp Towandahas continued to define what camp should really be. 610.287.8117 . ! Camp Towandais accredited by the American Camp Association and a member of the Camp-Alert-Network, Wayne County Camp Association, Camp Owners and Directors Association, and the Pennsylvania Camp Association. . It reminds you how to be a kid again and that's what I loved most about my experience. That feeling when you wake up and realize that you, ATTENTION ALL CAMPERS! Only guest who have prepaid to camp overnight and made contact with staff prior to 5:00pm Sun-Th and 10:00pm Fri and Sat on their day of arrival will be given a code to enter the camping area during these hours. I think camp is more important today than it was when I went. Sports ranging from tennis to soccer to basketball are an almost daily experience for Kweebec campers. Camp Kweebec is a coed sleepaway camp for children six to 16 years of age with one session of 51 days. However, cabins are assigned by village and some activities & Bible lessons are done bya village so as to provide age-appropriate instruction. Camp Kweebec, located in Pennsylvania's Perkiomen Valley, is one of the longest-standing overnight camps in the United States and has been fully accredited by the American Camping Association for over 40 years! << March 2023 >> View All Events Upcoming Events 19 Mar Lake in the Woods Open House 19 Mar While Shechtman is a fan of the limited-technology rule, her daughters have a slightly different opinion. Bathrooms have multiple shower stalls, toilet stalls, and sinks. Overnight camp is open for kids ages 7-16 and is divided into three villages. Kweebec's long history is rich with tradition that we are proud to be able to pass on to our campers today. Get Camp Kweebec can be contacted at (610) 667-2123. Learn More, Plan the perfect trip from home or on the road with the official KOA app. Located in Pennsburg, PA, the camp provides a safe, fun, and nurturing environment for campers. They have a special camp, filled with tons of energy and spirit, deep friendships, nonstop fun, and plenty of diverse activities. By using this site, you consent to the use of all the cookies. Maybe hes dead. Bushcraft Camping Survival Shelter #shorts#bushcraft #camping #survival #shelter #primitive 610.287.8117 Find out what works well at Camp Kweebec from the people who know best. Camping comes in many forms, from the die-hard off-the-grid tent campers to the high-end luxury RVers. When Shechtman parted with her daughters for their first summer camp at a nearby pickup location, she was amazed by the ease with which they went. These camps offer a variety of activities and programs that will keep your child entertained and engaged all summer long. Check out the most recent video posts from Kweebec! Since 1927, Camp Saginaw has been known as a premier summer camp for children. You have chosen to report this program for inaccurate content.If you would like to receive a reply, please include your email address in the comment box below. # A pound symbol in the table above indicates that the session doesnt include weekends. Boys camp evening activities tend to be competitive and athletic in nature. Leave your RV at home for a change of pace. The Kweebec Way The "Kweebec Way" consists of a set of common sense guidelines that every member of the Kweebec community follows. If its going to be raining for several days in a row or really hot for a few days, well take them bowling or roller-skating or to the movies to get them out for a little bit, says Weiser. Join our Team Even so, both found something else to do. info@kweebec.com, 157 Game Farm Rd There's plenty of space, so we'll make sure friends are together and families have their own space. Kweebec Philosophy We believe overnight camp provides a wonderful experience for kids, and thousands of children have been associated with Kweebec. Founded in 1935, its been owned by the Weisers for 47 years. Beyond the broad scope of recreation that each camp offers, trips are also part of the summerwhether its to a minor league baseball game or Hersheypark and Dorney Park. Report this profile . Milk Squad is a long-running tradition at camp where everyone comes together in the Grove for an afternoon snack. For more than 45 years, Camp Kweebec has been hosting a wide variety of private groups, corporate picnics, and weddings. Forms, News, and other Important Camp Information. Plus, you can stay connected with the modern world, since our Camping Cabins are equipped with electricity. To make sure your camping adventure is even better, check these tasks off your to-do list before heading out: Planning your meals ahead of time lets you prepare all the gear and ingredients you need. Campers coming alongside with Angel Tree only have a $25 deposit to worry about! Its a perfect opportunity to recharge for the rest of your day! 6:30 pm DINNER Inside, you'll find two sets of bunk beds in one room and a full bed in the other room. Camp Saginaw, located in Chester County, Pennsylvania, is another family-owned and operated sleepaway camp, accredited by the American Camping Association (ACA). Contact us, 26 Rock Hill Road 157 Game Farm Rd Schwenksville, PA 19473 610.287.8117 info@kweebec.com . Finding a perfect KOA location for your trip makes all the difference in your experience. The camp features gorgeous hiking trails, a rock-climbing wall, and a super cool ropes course. Kweebecs wide range of camp activities encourage campers to pursue new interests, cultivate friendships and develop their individual strengths. Camp Sequoia is a supportive overnight camp for exceptional young men ages 7-17 and exceptional young women ages 10-16, focusing on the unique needs of boys with ADHD and those working on social or life development skills. She walked off the bus and said, I dont want to be home, Shechtman says. He has adjusted to the camp program and seems to enjoy it., One famous letter I wrote home begins: Dear Everybody, Camp is ok but getting worse.. Camp Kweebec - Camp Kweebec- Coed Overnight Summer Camp. I recently dug through some old papers and found a progress report that my first camp counselor, straining to be upbeat, wrote to my parents when I was eight: Donny has gotten over the smallest kid in the cabin syndrome and has been getting along with the other boys fairly well. Camp Kweebec is nationally recognized as one of the finest and longest standing summer camps in the United States and have been fully accredited by the American Camping Association for more than 50 years. Check out these reasons for choosing cabin camping over other ways to stay: Our campgrounds keep you close to the things you want to do, while keeping you close to the fresh air of nature. CURFEW/LIGHTS OUT Varies by age. We're down for a bit but the team is working hard to fix this! Roughly 400 campersboys and girls ages 6-16attend Saginaw each year. And maybe smell around a little. No matter the generation, traditional overnight summer camps continue to forge lasting friendships the old-fashioned way. . Shechtman remembers Drew being reluctant to return home after her first summer away. Make memories with friends and family around your campfire, then head inside to enjoy the comforts of home. When you start reviewing camping options, your history will display here to help compare sites and find the best stay. 5:30 pm RECALL I wanted them to experience a place where they could grow, feel safe, have friendships and fun. Let us know about them in a quick and easy way! Since 1961, Camp Lohikan has provided a safe, fun, and nurturing environment for children ages seven to sixteen. Special deals for KOA campers on the finest and most competitive RV financing. Shechtman noticed the difference in her daughters. Get the 411 on the evenings activities and participate in the daily, traditional flag lowering ceremony in Boys Camp and the traditional hats off ceremony in Girls Camp. You will be able to share your stay information with friends or family and save it for a later time if you have a KOA Account. In the afternoon, campers have rest time, free time, and activity time with their own cabin. 1:00 pm LUNCH Color Wars includes arts, adventure, and aquatic competitions along with all the fun traditional events like Sing, Rope Burn, and Bucket Carry. Unlike camps that specialize in multiple shortened sessions, or "explorer" style programs that only give new campers a 1 or 2 day look at overnight camp, our Young Pilot Program allows first-time campers the chance to truly experience the magic of sleepaway camp. To maintain her connection with Saginaw, Drew texts her bunkmates and reminisces with her sister. JCC Chicago is a non-profit organization inspired by Jewish values, bridging traditions and generations to create a more vibrant, connected community. With skilled and understanding adults in the background to protect his or her sense of security, our campers develop their abilities to build self-confidence and independence. In this world today, theres so much you have to be aware of and keep them safe [from], Shechtman says. info@kweebec.com, Camp Kweebec 2023. The whole camp meets twice a day (after breakfast and after lunch) and campers choose from 8-10 different options for each of the 7 activity periods. Reserve a cabin to experience top-notch amenities, such as: Additional amenities you'll find with some cabins include: Since 1962, Kampgrounds of America has welcomed campers with unforgettable experiences in the great outdoors. Find a venue 806 followers 500+ connections. By the end of the summer, everyone is sad to leave.. Josh Weiser and his sister Rachel Weiser-Weisman are the directors, having succeeded their parents several years ago. It has a warm, family atmosphere, Weiser says. Each cabin is equipped with a bathroom. Camp Kweebec is a private, coed sleepaway camp for children 6 to 16 years of age.