This post may contain affiliate links. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again. ), 40 Party Dips and Spreads for Any Occasion, The 7 Best Ranch Dressings You Can Buy at the Store, Crock Pot Ro-Tel Dip With Ground Beef and Cheese, Fontina, Spinach, and Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms, Budget-Friendly Vegetarian Ramen With Curry. It really is so yummy! Add the onion and jalapeo and salute until tender. Can make the dip in the microwave or in the slow cooker. This recipe uses baby spinach instead. With only 3 ingredients, it is a snap to make. A little on the hot side. Creamy Roasted Red Bell Pepper Dip is a delicious way to enjoy fresh vegetables blended into a festive dip with a slightly spicy kick. Stir the mixture for 1 to 2 minutes until thick and bubbly then add in the spinach and stir. Mix in 1-quart microwaveable bowl. Submit Your Recipe Today! Just a question. Yall, this dip is SO good! In a large pot over medium-low heat add cheeses, tomatoes, milk and garlic powder. Hot dips should be discarded after sitting at room temperature for 2 hours or longer. You can have this Mexican Spinach Dip recipe ready to bake in just minutes then it goes to hands off cooking for the final prep. Place some Velveeta cheese and some diced tomatoes and green chiles in a microwave-safe bowl. So easy & tastes great. Store any leftover dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and reheat in microwave as needed. I have not made it up ahead and stored in the fridge to heat later but I think that would totally work just fine! Set spinach aside. (-) Information is not currently available for this nutrient. If you can't use the onion soup mix because of gluten issues, feel free to use a 1/2 teaspoon of both onion and garlic powders instead. More details are in the recipe card below. Do you know how many places there are to eat in San Antonio? Use a combination of fresh kale and spinach. Recipes, Troy: See 171 unbiased reviews of Recipes, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #12 of 273 restaurants in Troy. I believe theres no one size fits all approach to meal planning. It's creamy, it's zippy, it's lick-the-bowl good. Set spinach aside. With that being said, I have made it with pre-shredded cheese and it turns out just fine with some extra stirring. Current Best Recipe: (if you have any thoughts or info on actual ingrediants or ratios email me at denis dot hainsworth at gmail dot com) 1.5 tbsp mayo 1.5 tbsp guldons mustard 1 tsp kraft french dressing 12 squirts of tobasco sauce Notes: Thanks! Peel back a corner of the frozen dip and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes. Your email address will not be published. You can also make this dip in a slow cooker (affiliate link) on low for about 6 hours or on high for about 2 hours. If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. Serve hot with crackers or assorted bread cubes. Makes 12 servings, 2 tablespoons each. Roma tomato for topping the finished queso with fresh, juicy flavor and color. Privacy Policy. Chop House Spaghetti James Beard Foundation butter, chopped parsley, salt, olive oil, freshly ground black pepper and 6 more Chop House Seasoning Recipe DIY Creating and Baking Outside The Box Thank You! Cream Cheese and Sour Cream We prefer the light version of both of these ingredients. I need to update that in the recipe card as an option. Add the cheese and half and half and continue stirring until melted. WebTo halve recipe, cut ingredients in half. Place some Velveeta cheese and some diced tomatoes and green chiles in a microwave-safe bowl. Add the canned tomatoes, spinach and cilantro and stir well. Microwave on HIGH 3 to 4 minutes or until Velveeta is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 2 minutes. Mix in 1-quart microwaveable bowl. Garlic, minced 5 Tbsp. Add the spinach and cook until just wilted, then remove from the pan. 1 pkg (10 oz each) Birds Eye Chopped Spinach (do not thaw), 1 lb (16 oz) Velveeta, cut into 1/2-inch cubes, 1 pkg (8 oz each) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, cut up, 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained. Great for parties, tailgating, or as a side to all your favorite Mexican dishes! Serve as directed. Served with corn chips. Then Doug English sold the place and although the signs are still witty, the restaurant has never been the same. Cover and cook on Low until cheese has melted, stirring occasionally, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Chop the onions and jalapenos ahead of time and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a day. Roma tomato for topping the finished queso with fresh, juicy flavor and color. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown on top. Roux 2/3 Cup Pepper Jack Cheese, grated Directions: Roughly chop poblano peppers, onions and Diced Canned Tomatoes with Green Chilies I prefer the store brand version to save a little bit of money but if you prefer the Rotel name brand, go for it! Recipes.net uses cookies to improve your experience and to show you personalized ads. I have made this in the crockpot before and it works well! I think Ive just found my new dip for the season! Win! Meal Planning Magic is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking toAmazon.com. Serve as directed. 2 cups fresh spinach chopped 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped Instructions In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Stir together well. I modified the original recipe to make it a little bit healthier while still delivering tons of flavor. One of us had a delicious broccoli and spinach frittata that was well prepared (the vegetables were not overcooked because they were still tender-crunchy and the egg was tender) and the meal was The chips in the ingredients are for serving, right? Stir red bell pepper and jalapeno pepper into onion mixture; cook until softened, about 5 minutes. WebTry our shareable appetizers, crispy flatbreads and hearty burgers or enjoy our handcrafted martinis, cocktails & local beers at a Bar Louie near you. Add the cheese and half and half and continue stirring until melted. Continue to cook and stir over low heat until warmed through, at least 5 minutes more. I'm not afraid to get messy or fire up a power tool and I have yet to meet a dessert I don't like. By clicking Accept All Cookies, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. Heat olive oil and butter together in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir onion until translucent, about 10 minutes. Im a busy mom, foodie and self-taught meal planner sharing tips, ideas, products and recipes that help you save time, save money and eat well. I like a nice. Add the butter to the pan, then the flour, stir and cook for 20 seconds before adding in the milk slowly. It was a hit! Roux 2/3 Cup Pepper Jack Cheese, grated Directions: Roughly chop poblano peppers, onions and We serve the dip with tortilla chips and Fritos. Cal. Current Best Recipe: (if you have any thoughts or info on actual ingrediants or ratios email me at denis dot hainsworth at gmail dot com) 1.5 tbsp mayo 1.5 tbsp guldons mustard 1 tsp kraft french dressing 12 squirts of tobasco sauce Notes: Join thousands of others and receive I was wondering what to make this weekend, and this post came right in time! Microwave on HIGH 3 to 4 minutes or until Velveeta is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 2 minutes. Serve immediately or pour into slow cooker to keep warm. Add the dip and heat until everything is melted and hot. In a cast iron skillet add the canola oil on medium high heat. If youre a fan of chips and salsa, well you better try our version of Chilis White Spinach Queso recipe, made with two kinds of cheeses and pico de gallo. Time will depend on how much you have thawed. Add the dip and heat until everything is melted and hot. It has a little kick, but not enough to make your eyes water. Green Monster Banana Spinach Avocado Smoothie Recipe, Beef Sticky Buns with Jalapeno Jelly and Cream Cheese Frosting, Chocolate Mint Snow Top Cookies {Crinkle Cookies}. Yep, I haven't been back in years, but that place was crazy busy back in its heyday. It just may turn your queso a bit green overall and give it a more "spinach-y" flavor. Chicken,, Feta Cheese Dip recipe spot on copycat of Boshamps True Alabama Feta Cheese Dip appetizer in Destin, FL. Stir in heavy cream and cook 30 minutes. Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with non-stick spray. Then add to a oven or microwave safe container and heat through. Heat olive oil and butter together in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir onion until translucent, about 10 minutes. I like to garnish this dip with a little extra spinach, just to let everyone know what's in it. Stir the mixture for 1 to 2 minutes until thick and bubbly then add in the spinach and stir. Garlic, minced 5 Tbsp. The gringo dip is AMAZING and so addictive. WebTo halve recipe, cut ingredients in half. Great for tailgating and parties!! . Stir really well. WebSo it has become somewhat of a obsession to replicate as closely as I can the Pizza House recipe. Jalapeno and Yellow Onion I LOVE my handheld food chopper (affiliate link) to chop vegetables. Frozen spinach Thaw and squeeze out the water with paper towels. Styled after a similar spinach queso dip at The Blue Moose in East Grand Forks, Minnesota, this is a very tasty, creamy appetizer that goes well with tortilla chips. A little on the hot side. Only 6 ingredients! This creamy spinach dip recipe gets its kick from Ro*Tel tomatoes and its smooth, creamy texture from Velveeta and cream cheese. Is that just a brand name? Using heavy creaminstead of milk makes it less lumpy. a shower of chopped fresh spinach. This dip is super easy to make in the microwave. WebLooking for a spinach queso dip similar to the one served at the Chop House chain of restaurants. Stir together well. Stir red bell pepper and jalapeno pepper into onion mixture; cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the onion and jalapeo and salute until tender. Whats thetrick to making a queso dip in the slow cooker without velveeta you ask? Set aside. Directions. Heat it until it starts to melt. Microwave for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Be sure to salt and pepper the dip, to taste, as those flavor packets can sometimes have salt in them. In the pot of a slow cooker, add green chiles, shredded cheese, cream cheese and salsa. Serve with chips and veggies Stir until the mixture is well blended. Stir together well. To serve, let the dip thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Im looking for the spinach dip not the one now with chili or tomato it was a 3 easy step I ate it there in 2010 might you still have the original recipe I can get please thank you. Add milk if necessary to thin out the dip. I prefer the baby spinach because I can purchase it already washed and ready to go and a bit more tender than a head of regular spinach. Im getting hungry just thinking about that combination! Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. In a large pot over medium-low heat add cheeses, tomatoes, milk and garlic powder. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, chopped yellow onion, cumin and chili powder and mix well until smooth and blended. If you've known me for any length of time at all, you probably know that queso is one of my favorite foods on earth. Its especially handy when I have jalapenos to dice because it make it easier to chop with less handling. Season with garlic salt and pepper, to taste, and mix in the chopped spinach. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Place spinach in large microwaveable bowl. If wanting to freeze after baking, it may become watery after defrosting but stirring it before and after reheating should help. Required fields are marked *. Can make the dip in the microwave or in the slow cooker. Vegetable Oil 2 tsp. I love spinach dip and also mexican dip, so this combo is perfect for my crew! Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Yes, that is correct! This slow cooker spinach queso dip is not the same, but its pretty dang close! Perfect anytime! In a large pot over medium-low heat add cheeses, tomatoes, milk and garlic powder. KITCHEN GIDGET | Wisteria on Trellis Framework by Mediavine. Velveeta and Philadelphia are registered trademarks of Kraft Foods, Inc. Be sure to check out my Amazon Shop to discover the many items I use in my own kitchen. Copycat Recipe Requests at Recipelink.com, German Apple Cake, Slab Apple Cake, Norwegian Apple Cake and Old Fashioned Apple Cake, Pennsylvania Dutch Style Green Beans (Del Monte, 1967), Toasted Coconut Prawns with Sun-Dried Cherry Chutney, Snicker Bar Cake with Icing (Great American Recipes) (repost), Ship Ahoy Resturant Thousand Island Dressing (copycat recipe), Harry's Bar and Grill Tuna Casserole with Sherry Mushroom Sauce (quantity recipe), Pork and Beans with Spanish Rice (one-pan, using pork tenderloin), Bee Berry Sorbet (using frozen raspberries, honey and lime), Fork-Tender Pot Roast, My Squash Casserole & Nana's Peach Cobbler (cobbler correction 06-30-08), Homemade Nescafe Iced Java Coffee Syrup - I can't thank you enough and variation, Wedding Reception Picnic - Here are a few ideas, This Week's Mix-and-Match Daily Menu Planner is Online - February 26 - March 4, Hough Bakery Daffodil Cake & ISO: Butter Loaf with almonds, Village Inn Pancakes - tips (re: Village Inn pancakes comment by Liz in NC), ISO: Tomato Egg Scramble from Reminisce magazine, Cas Walkers rotisserie chicken barbecue sauce, Recipe: Featured Recipe Collections: March 1-17, ISO: ISO: Tomato Egg Scramble from Reminisce magazine, Recipe: This Week's Mix-and-Match Daily Menu Planner is Online - February 26 - March 4, Quick Spaghetti Sauce (using ground beef and marjoram), Chez Goo Goo Brooklyn Baked Beans (using fruit juice and coffee), Lamb Cake with Butter Frosting (Slovak-American Cookbook), "Unfortunately we can't serve this juice in true Thai style (plastic bags, roadside), but if you close your eyes and sip, you're practically there." All rights reserved. Tortilla Chips I like to buy the tortilla rounds as they are perfect for dipping in my opinion! Conagra Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Add in the garlic powder and whisk well before adding in the cheeses. Yes, this spinach queso dip is made in the slow cooker and yes there is NO Velveeta in it. However, they will also still retain a slight "bite," which I think is what gives this White Queso recipe such a nice texture. ******Using blocks of cheese and shredding yourself works better in this recipe, however I have used pre-shredded cheese with no issues. Combine the cream cheese and salsa verde in a small pot set over medium heat. Transfer to a serving dish and serve with tortilla chips. Sausage, pepperoni, cream cheese, garlic, Italian seasoning, and diced tomatoes. WebOlgas original recipe combines a creamy blend of feta and fresh leaf spinach baked in delicate layers of flaky phyllo. I love this stuff! Set aside. Find the ingredients for this easy spinach queso dip easily at the grocery store. Frozen spinach Thaw and squeeze out the water with paper towels. Shredded pepper jack cheese Use a block of cheese, freshly shredded. Conagra Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Chop House Spaghetti James Beard Foundation butter, chopped parsley, salt, olive oil, freshly ground black pepper and 6 more Chop House Seasoning Recipe DIY Creating and Baking Outside The Box Love this! Bake, uncovered, at 350F for about 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Or is there some kind of specialty blend that is needed? Long lines, Great Food and a fun atmosphere. Easy Shrimp and Spinach Queso Dip Print Save Rate Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 25 minutes Author: Lyuba Brooke Ingredients 1-2 Tbsp vegetable oil 9 oz frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed 3 garlic cloves 1/2 cup minced red onion 6 oz small raw shrimp cut in half Salt Pepper 12 oz Valveeta cheese Let me know what you thinkI hope you like it as much as we do! I will update the post to clarify as you may not be the only one with that question. We made it in the crockpot, and it was amazing! Microwave on HIGH 3 to 4 minutes or until Velveeta is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir really well. This cheese dip is also great on top of nachos, poured over a baked potato, or on top of our Queso Smothered Chicken. So many times we would see a place that sounded good and would say next time we should try that place. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Jolinda Hackett has written five books about plant-based cooking and has developed hundreds of vegan and vegetarian recipes. Add in the garlic powder and whisk well before adding in the cheeses. Here are a few of our favorite recipes from the blog that go great with this cheese dip: Taco Ranch Bites seriously delicious!! Just a couple of hours on low is all it needs. You can make this recipe vegan by using a vegan sour cream and a vegan mayonnaise instead. Cook until melted, stirring occasionally so the cheese does not burn. Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram. I could make a meal out of this yummy dip! Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings. Looks like it has some type of cheese, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and either minced onion or finely chopped water chestnuts. Served with corn chips. Add the spinach and cook until just wilted, then remove from the pan. Yet we stuck to 4. We have found that the store brand chips are just as good as the name brand and can save us a little bit of money when buying them instead. Stir really well. Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with non-stick spray. Its in the cheese. That is some good tailgaitin' food there! The creamy spinach and artichoke dip really mellows out the spicy Rotel in this dip. This post may contain affiliate links. It's football seasonI'll be using so many of your great recipes. This is a must make dip that you wont be able to get enough of! Add the spinach and cook until just wilted, then remove from the pan. Add the spinach and cook until just wilted, then remove from the pan. Microwave on HIGH 5 minutes or until Velveeta is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 3 minutes. Easy Shrimp and Spinach Queso Dip Print Save Rate Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 25 minutes Author: Lyuba Brooke Ingredients 1-2 Tbsp vegetable oil 9 oz frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed 3 garlic cloves 1/2 cup minced red onion 6 oz small raw shrimp cut in half Salt Pepper 12 oz Valveeta cheese One of us had a delicious broccoli and spinach frittata that was well prepared (the vegetables were not overcooked because they were still tender-crunchy and the egg was tender) and the meal was