Derrick Lewis poses for photos during the UFC 271 press conference at George R. Brown Convention Center on February 10, 2022 in Houston. Its just a matter of me getting in there. The 31-year-old Morono has been fighting in the UFC since 2016 and is 10-4 since then. Houston pitmaster goes viral after hilarious TV interview, Houston is ugly, and I've never felt more at home, Astros GM Dana Brown has more praise team's top prospect, holds the UFC record for most career knockouts, Turner: TEA is giving Houston ISD two optionsclose school or be taken over, Two ocelots were photographed crossing a road in rare South Texas sighting, Willie Nelson's new album is a lovely tribute to a fellow country legend, Houston Rockets poised to reap benefits from Eric Gordon trade. Which UFC fighters do you love? Northcutt went 6-2 in the UFC and currently is fighting for ONE Championship. After a stellar 8-1 amateur career, Romero turned pro in 2017. He trained in Thailand and the famous Tiger Muay Thai alongside current UFC bantamweight champion Petr Yan. 7-1-0 (W-L-D) Last Fight: Israel Adesanya vs Alex Pereira. In his own words: Im kind of Orthodox. Pineda, who grew up in Waller and trains in Houston, has had two separate stints in the UFC. Your login session has expired. Texas is synonymous with toughness, so its no surprise there are so many great fighters coming from this state. 6. def. Shawn Jordan This list of current UFC fighters records current Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) fighters' information, country origins, recent fighter signings and departures, fight schedules and results and the champion of each division. Matt Schnell punches Rogerio Bontorin of Brazil in their bantamweight bout during the UFC 262 event at Toyota Center on May 15, 2021 in Houston. Here's a look at all the Houston fighters who have been in the UFC Lewis, who holds the UFC record for most career knockouts, was born in Louisiana, but moved to Houston when he was 13 and still lives and trains here. Heath "The Texas Crazy Horse" Herring. Other notable wins included David Loiseau, Marcus Davis, Joe Riggs, and Josh Burkman. Jessica Eye at UFC 238 on Jun 8, 2019 And so on up the line. Weight class:Flyweight [48][49] This list of champions is updated as of February 12, 2023 after UFC 284. They get in there and they forget there is a fight. EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) - It was an opportunity of a lifetime for El Paso native Fernie Garcia. Weight class:Bantamweight Houston has produced the fifth-most UFC fighters of any city in the world - behind just Rio De Janeiro, Brazil; Dagestan, Russia; Los Angeles, California and Sao Paulo, Brazil - according to a recent study by BetUS. The Skinny: Mota is a small, compact ball of energy and power. Ricky Turcios reacts after his victory over Brady Hiestand in a bantamweight fight during the UFC Fight Night event at UFC APEX on August 28, 2021 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Garcia was selected to participate in 'Dana White's Contender Series' Tuesday night at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, [] So without further ado, lets highlight the best MMA fighters from Texas. He's been retired for many years now, but his contribution to the sport cannot be forgotten. Please logout and login again. At age 18, he met his coach Francisco Bueno and the rest is history. The only female MMA fighter on this list, Angela Lee has earned her spot with a few impressive wins including Cynthia Calvillo and Antonina Schevchenko. In recent years, hes erased any doubt about his consistency, winning eight of nine fights entering Fury FC 48. When he came back home, a friend and fellow wrestler, Kenny Porter, needed a training partner for an upcoming fight. Before long, Johnson was training for a fight of his own. Since Day 1, hes fought the whos who of Lone Star State talent. When I say that Im different, I really believe have everything that it takes to win when I hit the UFC on three flights away from a title. Ontiveros also lost a 2021 bout to Steve Garcia. One thing is for sure, Texas has brought us some great athletes and amazing fights. It is hard to compare fighters of different weight classes and divisions, but some talents just stand out above the rest. His overall record is 19-3-1 and in the UFC hes amassed a record of 8-3-1. 1. After he turned pro, Onyenegecha kept winning and has still yet to lose as it stands. Below is the list of all the well-known fighters of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, along with their nicknames and country of origin. 7. def. I just need that platform for me to showcase how I can talk and how I can fight. 4. def. Im going to be the difference in the flyweight division in the UFC. Mowles is exciting and a threat no matter where the fight ends up. Weight class:Flyweight Brian Ortega at UFC 266 on Sep 25, 2021 He needed to learn how to fight in order to stay safe. The toughest UFC fighters can fight standing up or grapple, until they find themselves with the opportunity for a ground-and-pound. Hes been retired for many years now, but his contribution to the sport cannot be forgotten. Katy's Sage Northcutt celebrates defeating Zak Ottow by TKO in their welterweight fight during the UFC Fight Night event inside CenturyLink Arena on July 14, 2018 in Boise, Idaho. All fighters' MMA records are listed are retrieved from Sherdog's website. DALLAS, Texas (105.3 THE FAN) - No one has been more hyped by UFC president Dana White during their time on "The Ultimate Fighter" than UFC middleweight Uriah Hall. Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors. Hes competed against the likes of Miles Johns, Raufeon Stots, Damon Jackson, and Tony Kelley. Hes gone 1-1 in his return with his last fight against Andre Fili ending in a no-contest due to an accidental eye poke in 2021. https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/lists/ufc-bellator-on-the-doorstep-july-2021-mma-prospects. Max Holloway at UFC 276 on Jul 2, 2022, 1. def. He most recently was knocked out by Tai Tuivasa at UFC 271 on Feb. 12, 2022. When researching this list, Chas Kelly kind of surprised me. Nolan King. The 28-year-old hasnt fought since beating Brady Hiestand for that crown in August 2021. Norma Dumont enfrenta Karol Rosa em abril - Ag. $4,200 fine and $489 in prosecution fees. Born in Dallas Jared Cannonier has an incredible story. Riding a nice win-streak, I look forward to seeing whats next for Morono. Jones weighed in at 248 pounds in Las Vegas on Friday ahead . Age:27 Fighters; Events; Organizations; Shop; #UFC 285 #Jon Jones #UFC 284 #Ciryl Gane #UFC Fight Night 220 #Valentina Shevchenko #UFC Fight Night 219 #Bo Nickal #Alexa Grasso #Daniel Cormier #UFC 283 #UFC Fight Night 221 #EFC 101 #Conor McGregor . Fight - Agncia de notcias", "UFC: Women's Featherweight fight lined up for Chelsea Chandler and Danyelle Wolf on April 29", "Irene Aldana vs Raquel Pennington 2 to Headline UFC San Antonio", "Holly Holm vs. Yana Kunitskaya booked for UFC on ESPN 43", "UFC Vegas 67: Razor-Close Fight Sees Raquel Pennington Come Out Ahead of Ketlen Vieira", "Lucie Pudilov m potvrzenou dal UFC bitvu! Background: It was a natural progression thatLevi Mowles went down the MMA path considering the battles he engaged in with his younger brother while growing up. Next Fight: July 2 vs. Yuma Horiuchi (8-3) at LFA 110 in Shawnee, Okla. for interim flyweight title (UFC Fight Pass). Felicia Spencer at UFC 250 on June 6, 2020 This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Heath "The Texas Crazy Horse" Herring. What is also surprising is his agility. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Houston's Adrian Yanez punches Davey Grant of England in a bantamweight fight during the UFC Fight Night event at UFC APEX on November 20, 2021 in Las Vegas, Nevada. The Skinny: Onyenegecha has lengthy, speed, and athleticism. Schnell currently is 5-4 in the UFC with his most recent fight resulting in a loss to Rogerio Bontorin at UFC 262 in 2021. The UFC currently uses nine different weight classes. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously. As an honorary Texan, hes had an amazing career, fighting for the Heavyweight and Interim Heavyweight UFC championships. The flags listed in these tables are in accordance with the UFC's official telecasts and may not fully or accurately represent the full citizenship of the peoples listed. Ontiveros - who grew up in Cleveland, about 50 miles northwest of downtown Houston - stepped up to fight contender Kevin Holland on short notice and got stopped in the first round of his UFC debut. She's been in the promotion since 2017 and quickly made a name for herself. Juan Adams (right) punches Chris De La Rocha in their heavyweight bout during the UFC Fight Night event at Fiserv Forum on December 15, 2018 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 4. Pretty Ricky jumped into the UFC by winning The Ultimate Fighter in 2021. Megan Anderson at UFC 259 on Mar 6, 2021. I know that. 1. def. The Top 7 Best UFC Fighters From Louisiana, The Top 10 Best UFC Fighters From Florida. Height:511 If I was to sign with the UFC today, I think Im knocking on the door, the top 15. Hes had notable wins over Donald Cerrone, Max Griffin, Mickey Gall, and Josh Burkman. [citation needed] Notes/key[edit] Im very Diaz-esque. Weigh-In 166.0 lbs (75.3 kgs), Fights on Tap: Makhachev vs Volkanovski among 7 UFC bouts announced, Morning Report: Robert Whittaker jokes that he hopes Israel Adesanya and Alex Pereira never come back the same after UFC 281, Comprehensive list of current UFC fighters. Alex Morono has fought for quite some time in the UFC enough to be considered a veteran at this point. But what some may have forgotten, is that he has wins over Derrick Lewis, Jared Cannonier, and Pat Barry. Like if someone is giving them recognition, I knew by going into that fight already it wasnt going to be something that was just a cakewalk at all. Before long, he was a high school standout. UFC Fight Night: Yan vs. Dvalishvili: The Theater at Virgin Hotels, Las Vegas, NV. 2. def. The MMA world has already said goodbye to many retiring fighters in 2023, from former UFC champions to icons of the sport. Seven years later, Tizil.. I feel like a lot of people put it down. After being passed over on DWCS, a rising Canadian lightweight is still hungry for a finish and his UFC contract. UFC Rankings, Division Rankings, P4P rankings, UFC Champions | UFC.com Athlete Rankings Women's Featherweight Amanda Nunes Champion How are rankings determined? $2,400 fine and $448.25 in prosecution fees. Edwards, who once was regarded as one of the top lightweights in the world, went 10-10 in his UFC career, fighting the likes of Tony Ferguson, Matt Serra, Jorge Masvidal, Josh Thomson and K.J.