Congrats to Coach Bibby on a good coaching career! I stopped breathing three times and coded twice, the former Franklin Regional boys basketball coach and standout player said. If you need technical support for FormReleaf, Please call 1-844-367-6735. Franklin High School's Men's Basketball Department, led by head coach Scott Aker, in Portland, Oregon 5405 SE Woodward St, Portland, OR 97206 April 22, 2013 5:00 am, By High School Sports | Moss, who starred at Franklin before going on to star at the collegiate and pro levels, was officially introduced Monday night as the new head coach at his alma mater. To provide . All athletes interested in participating in a sport or intramural program must fill out the registration form at the FormReleaf.com website. Franklin's stats have been entered for the 51-44 win @ Elk Grove on 2/6/2023 7:30 PM. He said the district told him he could reapply and that he might be considered for another coaching job down the road. Class of 2026. Your e-mail address will be used to confirm your account. University of South Carolina Upstate . He said he is taking a one-day-at-a-time approach on a path to reform and wellness. vince.cerbone@ftcsc.org (317) 803-8350. Coach: David Alford @ dalford@franklincityschools.com. Scorpion, 60 days clean on June 28, said his priorities have changed, along with his outlook on life. Bellbrook, AT If I can help someone else who is going through this, that is great. Our outstanding staff of marketing consultants stands ready to help businesses with effective advertising solutions. Notifications from this discussion will be disabled. By Tigerpride94 . Email Carrie Shields . Franklin High School is a proud member of the New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association (NJSIAA) and is governed by their rules and regulations. Brian Keeton was a starter on Franklin Central's . Brookville, VS Dont use an article about the Frankfort City Commission, for example, to rant about national politics. By Down4theblue Started February 17. WesBanco Student of the Week: Frankfort's Pires receives KSBA First Degree College Scholarship, Rev. 15 Franklin (17-4) prevailed 62-50 over No. Our print and online opinion pages are sacred marketplaces of ideas where diverse viewpoints are welcome without fear of retribution. He succeeds Brad Dickey, who stepped down earlier this month after seven seasons. Craig Jackson, Kerrs longtime assistant, will become head coach on an interim basis. Get an email notification whenever someone contributes to the discussion. Submitting this form below will send a message to your email with a link to change your password. The State Journal will do its part by more carefully policing this forum. You can contact Bill by email at bbeckner@triblive.com or via Twitter . Moores interview at FCHS was Aug. 12, the first day of school for the district and the second day of school at Carroll County, where he taught elementary physical education. An assistant for the Grizzly Cubs under Dickey in 2017-18, Moss has long aspired to become a head coach. Northmont, VS Badin, AT Absolutely no jokes or comments about a persons physical appearance. Its always been a dream job for me, Moore said. Philadelphia High School Basketball A Look at Ken Hamilton's 28-Year Coaching Career at Ben Franklin (1972-99) This page includes stories, special lists, record breakdown, recaps of wins in championship games and (at the bottom) the names of all varsity players during Coach Hamilton's 28 seasons. Millwood superintendent Gloria Griffin didn't have to look far for references on her school's new football coach. I was able to add a game on the varsity side, and its a game with Lexington Catholic, Moore said. By High School Sports Additionally, all students interested in participating in a sport or intramural program must have a current valid sports physical (365 days or less from the last one). Franklin High School About FHS Academics Arts Athletics & Activities Athletic Team Pages Athletic Training Camps Homecoming 2023 Letter Jacket Fight Song Parent Groups Registration and Participation Forms Saber Pride Schedules Student Activities Wall of Fame Prom 2023 Parents Student Information Girls Basketball Team Schedule Team Website His fiance, Marissa, and their two young sons, Steve Jr. and Caden, were suddenly under the brightest of spotlights. Northmont HS, VS MIssion Statement: Franklin Township Public Schools embraces its diversity, fosters excellent educational innovation and empowers all students to achieve their highest potential. Staff information for the 2022-2023 school year is displayed as it is entered/verified by Centennial High School administration. This has been a rough time but it also is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Thats an awful thought. Here are some rules that all commenters must agree to follow: After three state championships and 271 wins in 14 seasons at Franklin, the 40-year-old Kerr is resigning to spend more time with his young family. On 2/6, the Franklin varsity basketball team won their away conference game against Elk Grove (CA) by a score of 51-44. He received his bachelor's degree in physical education from Boise State in 1983.. I am still going to be around (Franklin Regional sports). Girls Basketball Head Coach Vince Cerbone. State-Journal.coms comments forum is for civil, constructive dialogue about news topics in our community, state, nation and world. For additional information on these teams, please contact the coaches below. . For additional information Contact Us: teacherfair@gnocollaborative.com For now. Franklin Regional head coach Steve Scorpion pleads his case with referee Paul Skirtich during a WPIAL Class 5A playoff game on March 3 at Mars Area High School. If you really work on the right things and you put that consistent work in Im a crazy work-ethic guy, so 6 a.m. shootarounds and all that stuff. I couldnt do that at Carroll County, which is a small district.. Class of 2023. His 20 years of . For more high school stories, stats and videos, visit http://usatodayhss.com. Contact Coach Book, Athletic Director E-mail: jbook@bcps.org Phone: 443-809-1126 Frequently Requested Links: FHS Athletics Schedule Ticket Spicket (Away Games) Ticket Spicket (Home Games) Fall Sports Program (Revised 12/21/22) Click Here to Access the Program New! All contests competed on the Stadium Field (Fall Sports) are available to view. Franklins last boys basketball game was a 28-27 sectional loss against Greenwood in March. Franklin High School Athletics Information Questions? Main Office: 206-252-6150, Northwest Coast Art by Andrea Wilbur-Sigo, Squaxin/Skokomish, Continuous School Improvement Plan and School Profile. But Kerr knew before the playoffs that he would step down, and he quietly informed his staff. Franklin's stats have been entered for the 61-55 win vs. Cosumnes Oaks on 2/8/2023 7:30 PM. I found this story on USA TODAY High School Sports and wanted to share it with you: Jonathan Moore. If youve had a bad experience with a private business or organization, contact the Better Business Bureau or the government agency that regulates that business. For more information, please visitbfhsla.org. Bullying, Harassment and Intimidation Procedure-HIDDEN, PTSO (Parent, Teacher, Student Organization), Research / Planning, Assessment & Accountability, Rubicon Atlas - Curriculum Management System, Genesis Parent Access Help Ticket / Boleto de ayuda para acceso al Portal de Padres en Genesis, Volunteer Opportunities for the Community, Harassment, Intimidation & Bullying (HIB), NJ Department of Education Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying Grade for FHS, Register On-Line for Franklin High School Sports Here, Unified Cheerleading Team Lauren Francis, For a list of events please click here for the. I get that. OHSAA Districts, VS Franklin's stats have been entered for the 66-42 win vs. Davis on 2/3/2023 7:30 PM. Please be advised, there is a fee to subscribe. He leaves with a career record of 271-94. Franklin High Schools athletic program features three sports seasons. James is retiring from his teaching position at the end of the school year, but has not decided on his coaching future. Class of 2022. Calm before the storm: Governor urges safety as storms cross Ky. FCS projects a slight increase in enrollment next year. We emphasize civil at a time when Americans, in the words of the current president, need to turn down the temperature of political debates. Would you like to receive our daily news? Picturing my little boys visiting my gravesite really hit me hard, he said. Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. It was his first head coaching job. April 22, 2013 5:00 am ET. Where the next chapter is, I dont know., Jayson Jenks: 206-464-8277 or jjenks@seattletimes.com, Former Husky QB Jake Haener thinks he'll 'stack up with some of the top guys' at NFL combine, Smoothies and scavenger hunts: How UW's nutrition team fuels Husky football, Pac-12 men's basketball hot seats: Odds that UW's Mike Hopkins, others are gone after season, Hardwood Classic: Recaps and results from 2023 Washington state basketball tournament. Played professional. Since being hired, Moore has compiled a 20-game freshman schedule. Scorpion was 53-34 in his four seasons with the Panthers. The Wonder Five era began in the fall of 1918, Vandivier's freshman year and Coach Wagner's third leading Franklin's high school squad. And on Wednesday night with a 54-37 win over Franklin County in the Class 1A state semifinal, Williston is one step closer to reaching its goal of capturing the program's first state basketball title. Students must meet the medical, academic and age requirements in order to participate. Franklin Regional head coach Steve Scorpion reacts to a play on the sidelines against Greensburg-Salem on Dec. 7, 2019, in the Hempfield High School Tip-Off Tournament. Franklin High School currently offers the following athletic opportunities: Fall SportsBoys SoccerBoys Cross CountryGirls Cross CountryGirls SoccerGirls TennisUnified EsportsFootballCheerleadingField Hockey, Winter SportsBoys and Girls BowlingBoys and Girls SwimmingBoys BasketballGirls BasketballWrestlingCheerleadingIndoor Track and FieldUnified CheerUnified Bowling, Spring SportsBoys Spring TrackGirlsSpring TrackBoys TennisSoftballBaseballUnified Track and Field, IntramuralVolleyballStrength and Conditioning. Head Coach League Coop Teams; Football: . He succeeds Brad Dickey,. Dixie, AT Fairborn Invitational, VS Findlay, AT . "I'd have to say the number of opportunities for students to get involved if they want to."-Spotlight on Patrick McBey . GNOCCS School Board Briefs and Guides for Meeting & Committee Agendas. Its good to be in the building where I can interact with the kids, Moore said. bryan.hanan@ftcsc.org (317) 803-8156. "Coach Dickey was a great coach; I learned a lot of stuff from him," Moss said. Piqua, AT The link is: https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/schools/franklin-high-school-somerset-nj. Franklin County High school is a public school located in Meadville, MS that serves 416. Click Here for Team Schedules Fall Athletic Night Presentation slide show Incoming Freshmen Information Powerpoint Greater New Orleans Collaborative of Charter Schools He can be reached at, Franklin names Moss new boys basketball coach, Former Raiders defensive back Mike Davis dies at age 65, Whiteland boys basketball edges Shelbyville, Center Grove boys basketball routs Bloomington South, Indian Creek boys basketball advances to title game. Springboro, AT Carroll, AT Reavis, AT For additional information on these teams, please contact the coaches below. That new-school approach, Moss says, will involve forcing the issue at both ends of the court. Hard work allowed Moss to punch above his weight class through his entire playing career. This must be completed for every season you try out for a sport. If you forget it, you'll be able to recover it using your email address. I wouldnt have before.. "We played in two different eras, so its going to be a little mix of the old school and new school.". Eaton, AT Carlisle, AT