The neck is small and short. It says Atlas and underneath Atlas it says Special Mason. Find the Value of your Hazel Atlas Glass. I found an unusual Hazel-Atlas bottle on a construction site in California. In general, to answer your question. R in a triangle mark used by Reed. It has been reproduced. L.G.CO.export-style beer bottle, typical mark as seen on Lindell Glass Company, St. Louis product. The first Swanky Swigs were hand painted. What year was it produced? The best bet is to try searching for similar bottles on ebay and check actual completed auction prices, or list it yourself and see what it brings. H in a square mark as it appears on a Hemingray-manufactured emerald green soda, mineral water or beer bottle. This includes the popular Depression patterns mentioned above, as well as lesser-known patterns such as Aurora. I have a clear glass covered dish with the HA symbol. Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful. As we were cleaning the basement, we found a bottle with a label that is torn. Cherry Blossom by Jeanette Glass 5. I recently did a lot of reading about borosilicate glass (old PYREX) and soda lime glass (new pyrex). I am desperately looking for a new lid as my son dropped and broke it. This milk glass top hat was made using a Daisy Button pattern of . The lids were made in two parts. Anchor Hocking Glass - Guide to Value, Marks, History - WorthPoint We've only had the blue. You may even see mold numbers embossed on modern glass jars and bottles in your refrigerator or cupboard! 5 out of 5 stars (1,162) $ 9.00. I have looked on the web and can only find two images. Are these worth anything? Some collectors lump them together with the so-called Hoosier jars or Hoosier cabinet jars, although the jars made as accessories to the Hoosier Cabinets are not really quite the same. Also in the Moderntone pattern by Hazel Atlas Glass Co, this cup dates to 1934 to 1942. They DID mark much of their bottles, fruit jars, packer ware and other utilitarian containers. David, I found an 2 old shot glasses belonging to my grandfather after he passed away. I found a hazel atlas pint jar. Is this because it was made in 1914 or was it made at the 14th HA plant? Hazel Atlas Glass Company Moderntone Pattern Depression Uranium Hazel Atlas Glass Clover Leaf Pattern Lid It Glows Hazel Atlas Glass Company Hunt Scene Jump Pattern 6 1 2 Tumbler Horse Jockey Royal Lace Cobalt Blue 5 Oz Flat Tumbler By Hazel Atlas Replacements Ltd Hazel Atlas Glass Company Floine No 2 Poppy Pattern New Zealand David, I have a Hazel preserve jar that has the number 7944 on the bottom. to $80 range. Yes, the O likely stands for the Oakland glass plant. Hobnail patterns lay on the underside of the top layer down to the stand at the base. Hazel Atlas Pink Moderntone 5" Berry Cereal Bowl Minty $14.99 $7.96 shipping Set of 2 Hazel Atlas Colonial Block Optic Water Goblet Green Vaseline Uranium $4.00 1 bid $12.55 shipping 1d 17h 3 Hazel Atlas Eldorado MCM Optic Dot Flat Tumblers Green Vintage $18.00 $16.30 shipping Hazel atlas red circus animal children's bowl 5" $23.90 0 bids David. I found what I belive is an Atlas EZ seal lightning jar with the glass lid and wire, but seal is spelled Seae. 5 out of 5 stars (246) $ 210.60. Hazel-Atlas. Price Guide - WorthPoint - Antiques, Art, and Collectibles Also, many other types of jars (product jars or packer jars were made by Hazel-Atlas for many years, and those often have only the H-over-A trademark on the base along with mold numbers. She writes that the clear version jars date from circa 1935 to the 1960s. . (can be mistaken for a triangle) Hello, I found two gallon size jars at an old whiskey still site in the GA mountains. They are known to have been made by H-A simply by their pattern names. Other childrens mugs featured generic themes such as the alphabet, clown, cowboys and Indians, and prayers. Platonite ware was introduced in 1936. Hi Andrew, (Remove underscore within first part of address). RARE HAZEL ATLAS RUDOLPH RED NOSED REINDEER CHRISTMAS TUMBLERS DRINKING GLASSES. When researching old Atlas jars, all the Mason jars that seem to be made by them for use as actual re-usable Mason jars for home canning actually seem to have looked quite different. Do you have any idea what this is? It looks like this: My husband works for an excavating company and brings home vintage bottles all the time but this one has me stumped. NOTE: PLEASE be aware that sometimes my replies via direct email are accidentally diverted into recipients' Junk or Spam folders. How can I know when it was made? I dont know anything about the Berry company. B inside a diamond ~ mark on the base of a blue-aqua horseradish or pickle bottle made by Binghamton Glass Company. (Photo courtesy Frances Riley, Prince Rupert, BC). Boyd glass chick salt covered dish in lilac glass. Silver - Flatware. . Milk Glass Candy Box by Hazel Atlas in Pinwheel Pattern , Vintage Triangle Candy Dish with Lid ad vertisement by gazaboo Ad vertisement from shop gazaboo gazaboo From shop gazaboo. It also has rounded edges and they kinda have a pattern like candy canes do on the rounded edges. I have a bank like this, too. Please double-check those folders in your email app/program after a few days if you haven't heard from me!! Hope this helps! Front of the jar is clearly stamped Hazel-Atlas Mason but the bottom doesnt fit. Im not sure on the interpretation of all the markings on many of their containers, so all I can pass along is that your jar dates from sometime between about 1923 (when Hazel-Atlas is supposed to have started actual use of their H over A trademark) and 1964. David. today! (Hazel Atlas had called their medium blue glass Ritz . Research Chemist We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our website. 1934-1942 Moderntone Depression Glass Pattern - Jay B. Siegel This plain banded pattern was also made in Platonite (bright or dark fired-on colors with a white glass base) from the late '40s to early '50s in full size and children's dish sets. I have a pint size canning jar with a Hazel-Atlas mark I am trying to date; standard lid, clear, square base, it has a raised grid pattern on all 4 sides except an oval of plain glass on one side (I am guessing for a label) I ran across this site in my search. Although as time wore on, it seems that some of their later ware (such as that made in the 1950s mugs, soup bowls, cups, sugar bowls, etc) are more likely to be marked on the base. mark on base of amber beer bottle. Hi Gail, When I looked them up online, I see many of the pieces selling as Hazel Atlas glass. Hazel-Atlas Glass Company. Shop hazel atlas Home's Kitchen at up to 70% off! Win A FREE Membership when you Like us on Facebook! eBay item . I see many lids on jars which may not be the original lids for those brands, such as many such jars posted on ebay. Do you know of any jars with possible typos or could it be something else? marks on antique bottles & fruit jars (Mississippi, Missouri, Modes), Milk Glass~ Vintage Cold Cream, Salve & Ointment Containers, N in a square mark Obear-Nester Glass Company, East St. Louis, IL, New Albany Glass Works, New Albany, Indiana (1867-1872), Newark Star Glass Works, Newark, Ohio (1873-1904), Ohio Valley Glass Company, Pleasant City, Ohio (1902-1905), Owens Bottle Company (O in a square mark), Reed & Company, Massillon, Ohio (1881-1904), Rawleighs W. T. Rawleighs / Freeport, Illinois, Robin in Tree childrens mug Bryce Brothers & Mosser Glass Company, S G mark on glass containers Saint-Gobain / Verallia, Southern Glass Works, Louisville, Kentucky (1877-c.1885), Surname-oriented Antique Bottle Collecting, Target Balls (Antique Glass Target Balls), Thatcher Glass Manufacturing Company (c.1904-1985), Vaseline Jars / Chesebrough Manufg Company, Wax Sealer Fruit Jars List of Primary Markings, Whitall Tatum Company, Millville, New Jersey, Whittemore Boston U.S.A. / Antique Shoe Polish Bottles, WEB LINKS to some other sites / other interests (Not glass-related). It works well mixed with other patterns. "No chips or cracks, but there are a couple scuffs to the green, see last photos for close up.". GLASS FACTORY INFORMATION ~ Antique Glassware ~ Manufacturers' Marks, Logos & Emblems used by Glassmaking Companies in the USA ~ Antique Bottles ~ Fruit Jars ~ Glass Electrical Insulators ~ Tableware ~ Dating Information ~ Articles about different types of Glass, Vintage & Antique ~ Summary Articles on Selected Glass Companies. I found a quart size Atlas e-z seal that is spelled SEAE as well! David. Patterns made with Platonite glass could be fired in any number of colors, although they are often found as white pieces with concentric or single rings that have been fired onto the white surface in red or blue. Hazel Atlas Glass began production of dinnerware in 1923, what was their trade name for this first pattern? I thoroughly enjoyed your article! Colonial Butter Dish 4. Thanks for sharing your knowledge! best regards, 2 Vintage Hazel Atlas Florentine No 1 Pink Depression Glass Cream Soup I assume you have already searched google. Price: $115.99Release Date: 1950. I tried to date it as well but the markings on the bottom kinda throw me off. Hazel-Atlas Glass: Identification & Value Guide, Second Edition For a long period of time all glass bottle manufacturers in the US were required to mark their liquor/whiskey bottles with a Liquor bottle permit number, followed by a date code. The cup alone has held a value between $5 and $7 for a number of years. ), Original boxes always tell the David, Hi David. Set Includes: Cup. access to all our pages, resources and information PLUS free Shop Royal Lace Cobalt Blue Crystal & Glasses by Hazel-Atlas at Replacements, Ltd. The graphics on the repros are generally of somewhat poorer quality. Please check out my webpage about Numbers on the base of containers. OVG monogram on the base of a Daisy & Button shoe toothpick holder in amber glass. 1929-1933, look for green tumblers and mixing bowls sets. . Also on, I guess the front of the bottle it has what looks like maybe a chess piece and says 4 IN 1.. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Platonite is an opaque white glass that Hazel Atlas had been using in their kitchenware since the early 1930's. The earliest pieces made in this color show opalescence under a strong light, while later pieces are fully opaque. It is fairly common, and is of interest to me because it is identical in many respects to the jar found on the island of Nikumororo by the International Group for Historic Aircraft Recovery. //-->. Join more than 2,000 Hazel Atlas collectors worldwide We have two ways to join , you can be an Annual Member or a Lifetime Member. 2023 - WorthPoint Corporation | 5 Concourse Parkway NE, Suite 2900. The Gmail software has evidently been flagging some legitimate emails as "Spam" in recent months. Hazel Atlas History Mold numbers and other numbers appear on the bases or heels of countless glass containers of all types. Thank you so very much! Susan C, Hi Susan ~ RARE! All Hazel-Atlas prior to 1929 was made in the crystal color. Most of the HA glass plants were sold to Brockway Glass Company in 1964, and I dont know what brand names/types of fruit jars were made by Brockway, if any, after that year. It made me wonder if they Classico jars might be soda lime glass, and perhaps thats why the didnt recommend them for canning. Does all Hazel Atlas have that mark? A partial history of the Dr. C. H. Berry company is given in the report. Hi Greg, The jars have markings on the bottom with the letter H and a capital letter A inside the lower half of the H which I determined to be Hazel Atlas. Thank you. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 10" DINNER PLATE! I have a Hazel Atlas ribbed jar, with 5328 under the H A then a 3 below that. See inside the. Fruit jars were manufactured and marketed under the Atlas brand. I know we must tread carefully and never make assumptions but I have no problem believing the jar was indeed used by Amelia Earhart. story! Thatcher Glass MTC mark on emerald green beach glass shard from a juice bottle. This question will be open for continued debate until proof is found to clinch the ID one way or another! Hazel-Atlas' headquarters were housed in several buildings in downtown Wheeling, including the West Virginia Customs House, the Pythian Building, and the Central Union Building. Popular patterns include Cloverleaf, Criss Cross, Dots, Florentine #1, Florentine #2, Hobnails, Moderntone and Royal Lace. It has an GC symbol on the bottom. Hazel Atlas Glass Co. - ca. The signs seem to be a bit conflicting on this because the machine would indicate a later date, but bubbles indicate an earlier date. Upon careful reading of the article by Lockhart, you may notice there is some disagreement on the most likely user of the S G CO in a monogram mark, as seen on the Masons Patent Nov 30TH 1858 style jars. According to a survey conducted in 2011, the most popular pattern was Florentine. 16. Most cobalt blue Depression glass pieces aren't found for a dime a dozen anymore. Best regards, David. Hazel-Atlas H over A trademark on the front of clear Atlas Mason jar. Hope this helps, Thin-blown glassware was produced in their two Zanesville, OH factories. In this case the 39 is a liquor bottle permit number assigned to Hazel-Atlas, and the 55 is a year date code for 1955. Familiarize yourself with popular depression glass patterns so you can more easily identify depression glassware when you see it. There are not a lot of pieces available, just a cup and saucer, two bowls, small plate and the tumbler shown. A Collector's Guide to Depression Glass - Invaluable The bottom of the jar has an 8, an emblem that resembles a upper case T and F in one. google_ad_width = 728; The one on the page is actually a jar and it states that it was filed on Sept 5, 1933. Most of the ones Ive seen are not marked, so consider yourself lucky that you can identify the maker! However, on some earlier containers, such as some of their fruit jars, the mark on the bottom may be faint or poorly embossed, and almost unrecognizable even to collectors who are familiar with Hazel-Atlas. The ATLAS STRONG SHOULDER MASON jars were made by Hazel-Atlas, mostly in the 1920s and probably into the 1930s, according to information in Alice Creswicks Fruit Jar Works, Volume 2 (pages 9-10). Maker: Hazel Atlas Date Produced: Late 1930s Colors: Cobalt blue, some pink, green and clear. The O might be a plant code for the Oakland, California location, but Im not positive about the 33. Any ideas? The original jars had the word Atlas, rather than Hazel-Atlas, embossed across the front. You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off in settings. Unfortunately it's not that easy to find. Platonite was patented by the Hazel Atlas Glass Company in 1936 but was used for making glassware and dinnerware sets as early as the 1920s. All blue or aqua-colored fruit jars are collectible. David. The question how much is it worth cannot be answered in a definite way. I am thinking it is some sort of cosmetic bottle? Depression Glass On Parade - Pattern Photos They look really awesome! The glasses were manufactured by the Hazel Atlas Company, which partnered with Kraft through much of their decades-long campaign. (Photo courtesy of Michael Aden). Type: Dessert Bowl. To be honest with you, I cant claim to be an expert on Hazel Atlas tableware, but here is my take. The base is marked with the H over smaller a logo. In the 1930s, the company had fifteen plants with locations in Alabama, California, Illinois, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, and West Virginia. It doesnt have any identifying marks on the bottom of the jar, but does have plenty of bubbles in the glass, seams on the side and the D in the word shoulder is backwards. Berry Co. Chicago. Aurora is stunning in blue. Im trying to date it and also wonder why the D is backwards. In accordance with this tradition this paper starts with Adamand Hope this helps, http://vasonabranch.com/packing_houses/index.php?title=California_Conserving_Company, The O-9052 is likely a code number for that particular jar design/style (used in inventory records or catalogs, and communications with buyers). You can find a list of some of those permit numbers by doing a keyword search online. What is the Value of your Hazel Atlas Glass? As time went on, however, they did start marking more of their pattern tableware made in the 1940s and 1950s. There is a similar cookie jar here but clearhttps://www.etsy.com/listing/204373945/hazel-atlas-cookie-jar-raised-cookie?utm_source=Pinterest&utm_medium=PageTools&utm_campaign=Share Perhaps someone can shed more light on this question. Its clear its a genuine Atlas, e-z seal, theres a seam, but Im assuming its an older one because the jar just has atlas Instead of hazel atlas.