Updates about the closure will continue to be sent to stakeholders, residents, business owners and local media via text and email (please see below for information on how to sign up for both). The Caldor Fire on Saturday jumped Highway 50, the main route from the Sacramento area to South Lake Tahoe . Full weekday road closures will be in place on this stretch of road from 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM, from 1:30 PM to 5:30 PM, and from 7:30 PM to 6:30 AM. MONTROSE & GUNNISON COUNTIES Construction on the US 50 Little Blue Creek Canyon 4-mile critical safety improvement project will begin mobilization on Monday, April 5, with roadway closures and detours starting on Monday, April 19. Live Reports by @ColoradoDOT. The most impactful construction, roadway and traffic operations are anticipated to take place during the first year. Snow Park locations are identified with purple markers. Interstate 10 (I-10) is a transcontinental Interstate Highway in the United States, stretching from Santa Monica, California to Jacksonville, Florida.The segment of I-10 in California runs east from Santa Monica through Los Angeles, San Bernardino, and Palm Springs before crossing into the state of Arizona.In the Greater Los Angeles area, it is known as the Santa Monica Freeway and the San . 2021 by US 50 Little Blue Creek Improvements |U.S. Department of Transportation | Colorado Department of Transportation, All other trucks and recreation vehicles over 70feet in length. No hazardous materials will be permitted on the detour. Email notifications are only sent once a day, and only if there are new matching items. Little Blue Canyon Project Website. Colorado Highway 119: Boulder Canyon. Wildfire mitigation work for San Miguel Power Association will require the roadway to be closed starting Aug. 9. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, TRAFFIC IMPACTS THROUGH JULY 2023. A heavy overnight snowstorm has closed many Colorado highways and several mountain highways after over eight inches of snow fell in some areas and more snow continued to fall Wednesday morning. Colorado traffic: Several highways closed in, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Get to know all 17 Denver mayor candidates , Colorado traffic: Several highways closed in east due to snowstorm, Denver weather: Friday starts warm, then turns snowy at night, Denver weather: Sunny Thursday brings warmer temperatures than expected, Colorado weather: Snow likely Wednesday evening, but dont expect too much in Denver, I-70 eastbound reopens after second closure in Vail after widespread blowing snow affects area, Colorado property owners to face astronomical tax increases next year, After School Satan Club launching first Colorado chapter, but organizer promises "we are not devil worshippers", PHOTOS: Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band play Ball Arena in Denver, Colorado landlords say eviction-protection proposal could make dropping problem renters too hard, 5 can't-miss menus for Denver Restaurant Week, No more greasy pizza boxes, paper towels or takeout containers in Front Range compost bins come April 1, After teen's death, Denver East High students walk out to advocate for gun legislation, Boulder house where JonBenet Ramsey was found dead listed for sale for almost $7M, Metro Denver housing market crosses firmly into negative territory in February, Kiszla: With Brendan Rodgers down and out, Kris Bryant could become $182 million face of worst team in Rockies history, As Adderall shortage continues, DEA plans to limit some telemedicine prescriptions, House where JonBenet Ramsey was found dead listed for sale for almost $7M, Columbia University permanently drops SAT, ACT admissions requirement, The Waterbed Doctor: California retailer lays claim to retro bed with nearly 40 years of service, sales, Felonious Florida podcast: Missing teenage girl leads to several cases of child sex trafficking, Do Not Sell/Share My Personal Information. Obey the posted speed limits. Funding for the $40 million project is provided by. The same road conditions are projected for US 160 and US 350. The opening of U.S. 50 also allows travelers to access the West Slope during a time in which a 2 1/2-mile section ofRedMountain Pass will be closed, limiting access to Ouray County fromthe south. A few bands of heavy snow are possible across far southern Colorado today, with a general 1 to 4 inches possible from Trinidad through Kim in Las Animas County, and a dusting to two inches in . Register for alerts by texting. Submit. Highway 50 through Pueblo extending east already has snowy, icy, and snow-packed spots with high winds. View up-to-date travel alerts. Delivered right as the newspaper goes to print on Tuesday, Wednesdays, Thursday, Friday, and Saturdays. Work also includes guardrail replacement, additional rockfall catchment area, new signage, and striping. Places to See in New Mexico. This work is essential to improve safety for motorists traveling through Little Blue Creek Canyon, which currently has narrow lanes and sharp turns. I-80 Traffic Guide I-80 traffic in each state I-80 city traffic Traffic info from DOT I-80 Weather I-80 chat I-80 traffic in each state. Scenic Byways. He came from the Tulsa World, where he covered breaking news, public safety, Indigenous affairs and local issues such as the 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre. To do this, the contractor, will have to complete rock fall mitigation work and blasting through the construction zone which requires closures of US 50. Get up to date road conditions, construction, and closures throughout Colorado. https://t.co/g8gNxzYIlG, #I25 northbound: Lane(s) reopened to traffic between Exit 125 - Ray Nixon Road and US 85. https://t.co/UovPlGV7w8, #I25 northbound: Right lane closed due to a stalled vehicle between Exit 125 - Ray Nixon Road and US 85. https://t.co/UovPlGV7w8, #Snowstang is operating with service to Copper, Loveland, Breckenridge & more! These commitments include: Improvements will focus on safety along US 50 in the project area, including realignment and widening US 50 to two 12-foot travel lanes with two 4-foot-wide paved shoulders. Fatality Trends: Roadway construction worker fatalities reached a high point in 2005 with 165 fatalities. An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup. U.S. 385 in both directions from Julesburg to Nebraska. Traffic flow lines: Red lines = Heavy traffic flow, Yellow/Orange lines = Medium flow and Green = normal traffic or no traffic*. While access from Gunnison to Lake City will . U.S. 550 North of Durango Closed 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, May 29, I-25 Frontage Road (Elizabeth Street), Eagle Ridge to Ridge Road Resurfacing Begins in June, Project: US 50 Little Blue Creek Canyon Safety Improvements. VEHICLES CARRYING HAZARDOUS MATERIALS OR OVER 70 FEET IN LENGTH ARE NOT ALLOWED ON HWY 92 DETOUR. Montrose & Gunnison Counties -On Monday, May 24, 2021, the Little Blue Creek Canyon project team announced 24-hour full roadway closure on US Highway 50 between Gunnison and Montrose. All other trucks and recreation vehicles over 70feet in length will need to use I-70 to the north, US 160 to the south, or wait for one of the planned openings. 50. Funding for the $40 million project is provided by. Summit County Road and Bridge Department does not have information on road conditions and closures outside of Summit County's jurisdiction. [citation needed] The most disastrous pileups have involved more than a hundred . 12N34 Forebay Road. Highway 50 Roadwork Between Gunnison and Montrose 2021-22. The following highways are closed due to adverse conditions: Interstate 70 in both directions from Airpark Road to Kansas. 50 Colorado Traffic. Improved communications services along US 50 in Little Blue Creek Canyon, both short term and long term. Montrose, CO traffic updates reporting highway and road conditions with live interactive map including flow, delays, accidents, construction, closures,traffic jams and congestion, driving conditions, text alerts, gridlock, and driving conditions for the Montrose area and Montrose county. If you forget it, you'll be able to recover it using your email address. document.write(year) PUBLISHED: August 21, 2021 at 12:11 p.m. | UPDATED: August 23, 2021 at 2:28 a.m. Get real-time Monarch Pass road conditions and status on US-50 between Poncha Springs and Parlin including Monarch Ski Resort. TRAFFIC IMPACTS THROUGH JULY 2023. #I25 northbound: Lane(s) reopened to traffic at Exit 223 - CO 128; 120th Avenue. The 24-hour closure is necessary for the safe removal of a large, loose section of rock which is in danger of . Invalid password or account does not exist. Rest Areas. American Civil Constructors West Coast (ACC) continues to work in partnership with the Federal Highway Administration, Central Federal Lands Highway Division (FHWA-CFLHD), and the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) to minimize impacts on local communities as much as possible. var today = new Date() Miscellaneous N Raynolds Ave Road is closed from E US Highway 50 to McCoy Ln. On the afternoon of Monday, May 24, during regularly scheduled activities associated with rockwork, crews discovered a large rock formation to be compromised. Between 2005 and 2008 the numbers declined . Ridgway CO 81432. . The Federal Highway Administration, Central Federal Lands Highway Division (FHWA-CFLHD) will continue to work closely with contractor American Civil Constructors Mountain West (ACC) and the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) to lessen impacts from closures whenever possible. Regular, lengthy closures on the highway are in place during weekdays, to allow for rock blasting activities. Vehicles carrying hazardous materials will need to use I-70 to the north, US 160 to the south, or wait for one of the planned openings. If there is an emergency closure of Interstate 70, full closures on this project will be reduced. Colo. 52 in both directions from Colo. 14 to Fort Morgan. 2023-03-02 Roadnow. Starting April 2021 (currently estimated as the week of April 12-16), an extensive roadwork project will begin on US Highway 50 between Gunnison and Montrose in what is known as Little Blue Canyon. Motorists should prepare for long delays during the opening roadway windows and plan to take detour routes. In his spare time, Spencer loves to hike, rock climb, and trail run. Full roadway closures will occur through the night Monday Thursday 7:30 PM 6:30 AM. https://t.co/JuwNqnoMIB, #I25 northbound: Roadway reduced to three lanes due to a crash at Exit 223 - CO 128; 120th Avenue. The recommended detour around the I-70 closure has been the northern route through Steamboat Springs. Work also includes guardrail replacement, additional rockfall catchment area, new signage, and striping. *Billed annually at $39.99/year. Traffic Jam/Road closed/Detour helper Do not speed in work zones. Black lines or No traffic flow lines could indicate a closed road, but in most cases it means that either there is not enough vehicle flow to register or . Due to blasting in rockfall areas of the project, closures are necessary for completing the project while still ensuring the safety of the traveling public. Estimated delay times during roadway opening windows are between 30 minutes to one hour. The project is also in cooperation with the U.S. Forest Service (USFS), Grand Mesa Uncompahgre and Gunnison National Forests, U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM), and the National Park Service (NPS). In a breaking news report released at 8:24 AM on Friday, an avalanche has closed Highway 50 near Monarch Pass in Colorado. Mountain and southwestern Colorado Closures: U.S. 550 Purgatory to Ouray (Red Mountain, Molas and Coal Bank passes). Estimated Construction Timeline and Traffic Impacts: April 2021-November 2022. Latest Road Conditions. Frank Konsella. Travel impacts for motorists illustrated in the table below will be consistent throughout the first year of the project. For statewide road . The project, a priority for improving safety along the US 50 corridor, is estimated to be complete by Nov. 4, 2022. Colo. 59 in both directions from Interstate 76 to Yuma. Monsoonal rains have brought precipitation to the area, which triggered the mudslides covering the highway with rocks and mud. N Raynolds Ave - Canon City, CO Road Closed Starts at Feb 27, 2023 10:22pm Until: Mar 01, 2023 10:50am Severity: Serious This schedule is weather dependent and will stay the same throughout the upcoming construction season. There was a problem saving your notification. Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Cookies, Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read our. . In July of 1986, Life magazine dubbed Nevada's Highway 50 the "Loneliest Road in America.". Work will continue in the Spring of 2023 through the Summer of 2023. The Little Blue Creek Canyon project team on Monday announced that full roadway closures between mile posts 123 MP 127 through Little Blue Creek Canyon will now take place on Thursday, April 29; the first closure will begin at 8:30 a.m. This is a windy, narrow part of the highway near the turn to the Arrowhead subdivision. Funding for the $40 million project is provided by a $20 million grant from the Colorado Federal Lands Access Program (FLAP), with CDOT providing the matching $20 million. The US 50 Little Blue Creek Canyon improvement project is the result of a partnership with the FHWA-CFLHD and CDOT. Request a Map. Your purchase was successful, and you are now logged in. a $20 million grant from the Colorado Federal Lands Access Program (FLAP), with CDOT providing the matching $20 million. An independently owned and operated franchisee of BHH Affiliates, LLC. var year = today.getFullYear() Hop on the #Craig#Denver route to h https://t.co/odd0HaPs44, #I25 southbound: Right lane closed due to a crash at Exit 203 - Evans Avenue. Significant US 50 road detours and closures start next week, https://www.codot.gov/news/2021/april-2021/us50-little-blue-creek-detours, https://www.codot.gov/@@site-logo/siteLogo.png. American Civil Constructors West Coast (ACC) continues to work in partnership with the Federal Highway Administration, Central Federal Lands Highway Division (FHWA-CFLHD), and the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) to minimize impacts on local communities as much as possible. Know what to expect when purchasing a home in Crested Butte- download the free guide: BHH Affiliates, LLC. Don't knowingly lie about anyone Requirement One (R1): Chains or snow tread tires required. Share with Us. Traffic and Road Conditions. Follow CDOT on Facebook or Twitter. The project location is between Montrose and Gunnison (Mile Points 123 -127), and is approximately 30 miles from each community. US 50 will OPEN to two-way traffic with no delays from Friday at 5:30 PM Monday at 8:30 AM. If there is an emergency closure of Interstate 70, full closures on this project will be reduced. But last week's slides left some travelers stranded in the Hanging Lake tunnels overnight, and transportation officials announced the most recent damage to the roadway is too great to reopen the route at this time. Answer 1 of 6: In a 2 week vacation in Colorado, we planned on traveling from Leadville to Black River Gunnison South Rim State Campground on Sept 10 by way of St Rt 50. Construction on the US 50 Little Blue Creek Canyon 4-mile critical safety improvement project will begin mobilization today, Monday, April 5, with roadway closures and detours starting next Monday, April 12. During the remaining five hours of the day, single-lane, alternating traffic will be allowed with heavy delays expected. Significant delays are anticipated. A text message notifications system is available for this project. Longer closure in place for US 50 between Montrose & Gunnison U.S. 550 North of Durango Closed 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, May 29 I-25 Frontage Road (Elizabeth Street), Eagle Ridge to Ridge Road Resurfacing Begins in June June 2021 July 2021 August 2021 September 2021 October 2021 November 2021 December 2021 The project location is between Montrose and Gunnison (Mile Points 123 -127), and is approximately 30 miles from each community. Both shoulders closed due to road construct. Chat Report Accident. May 25, 2021 - Closure is due to rock blasting results and will extend into the evening of Tuesday, May 25. GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KJCT) - At the intersection of Highway 6 & 50 and 14 Road, a semi truck filled with sawdust has tipped on the highway leaving . All other trucks and recreation vehicles over 70 feet in length will need to use I-70 to the north, US 160 to the south, or wait for one of the planned openings. Detour Options During Nighttime Closures: When US 50 is closed, local passenger vehicles and small trucks can use Colorado Highway 92 as a local alternate route. Please allow additional time due to the restricted open times and single-lane operations.Vehicles carrying hazardous materials will need to use I-70 to the north, US 160 to the south, or wait for one of the planned openings. Alternating . Rock blasting is necessary to complete the safety-critical US 50 Little Blue Creek Canyon project, which began in April. 38 Brian Riepe | MTB Racing and Mountain Flyer Magazine, Frequently Asked Questions: Crested Butte Real Estate, Crested Butte Real Estate Client Testimonials. Please allow additional time due to the restricted open times and single-lane operations. CDOT Website for closures/road conditions. CO 92 detour for local traffic only and trucks less than 70 in length. Closest City Road or Highway Your Report. US 50 road closures between Mile 124 and 127 will begin the week of April 12-16 . This work includes coordinating with nearby communities, ranchers and other stakeholders. Starting April 2021 (currently estimated as the week of April 12-16), an extensive roadwork project will begin on US Highway 50 between Gunnison and Montrose in what is known as Little Blue Canyon. News, travel inspiration, podcasts, & more. When US Hwy 50 is closed, local passenger vehicles and small trucks can use Colorado Hwy 92 as a local detour route. CO 92 detour for local traffic only and trucks less than 70 in length. https://t.co/BJBpsSTxBI, #I25 northbound: Left lane closed due to a crash at Exit 223 - CO 128; 120th Avenue. U.S. Highway 50 had been closed much of the work week since spring, for the Little Blue Canyon Improvement Project. 2 to 4 Days. Copyright Beginning, Monday, March 6,2023 traffic impacts and roadway closures will be in place throughout the Spring and Summer. US Route 50 Live Traffic, Construction and Accident Report, #I25 southbound: Left lane closed due to a crash between US 50 and Exit 99B - 13th Street. Published: Aug. 31, 2022 at 10:46 AM PDT. Motorists should prepare for long delays during the opening roadway windows and plan to take detour routes. Detour options during nighttime closures:When US 50 is closed, local passenger vehicles and small trucks can use Colorado Highway 92 as a local alternate route. Department of Transportation. All trucks and recreation vehicles OVER 70 feet in length must use I-70 to the north, US 160 to the south; or wait for one of the planned openings as shown on the chart. Photo courtesy CDOT. FREMONT COUNTY The Colorado Department of Transportation closed Highway 50 early Monday morning between Texas Creek and Buckskin Joe due to the dangers . The project is the result of a partnership with the FHWA-CFLHD and CDOT. Route Distance. This work is essential to improve safety for motorists traveling through Little Blue Creek Canyon, which currently has narrow lanes and sharp turns. Click the icons on the map to see info. The project is the result of a partnership with the FHWA-CFLHD and CDOT. Signup today for free and be the first to get notified on new updates. CO 325 Cameras I-76 Cameras US 34 Cameras I-270 Cameras CO 62 Cameras CO 391 Cameras CO 94 Cameras CO 82 Cameras US 50 Cameras US 40 Cameras CO 67 Cameras CO 10 Cameras CO 109 Cameras Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut . 12N34M East Slab. Marshall was great, he helped us find exactly what we were looking for. Read More, More results in our US 50 Colorado Archives, Tap here to reveal US 50 CO traffic and accident MAP, Highway 109 bridge project over Highway 50 begins Monday in Otero County, I-70 reopens in Glenwood Canyon after semi crash, Bed Bath and Beyond to close Grand Junction store, Wolf Creek Pass, Other Pass Closures, Wednesday, Feb. 15, Pueblo coalition wants to honor MLK by renaming Pueblo Boulevard in his honor, US tells owners to park old Hondas until air bags are fixed. Montrose & Gunnison Counties- On Monday, May 24, 2021, the Little Blue Creek Canyon project team announced 24-hour full roadw ay closure on US Highway 50 between Gunnison and Montrose. All other trucks and recreation vehicles over 70 feet in length will need to use I-70 to the north, US 160 to the south, or wait for one of the planned openings. Usually any closures are short. The project, a priority for improving safety along the US 50 corridor, is estimated to be complete by Nov. 4, 2022. In the summer, Kebler Pass is a good option, especially for Crested Butte residents (Gunnison residents can also take Ohio Pass to Kebler). Polis makes recommendation to change name of Colorado 14er. Success! Route 50 Colorado in the News (31) Route 50 Colorado Accident Reports (16) Route 50 Colorado Weather Conditions (1) Being prepared and planning your Colorado road trip is your best path to success. Project: US 50 Little Blue Creek Canyon Safety Improvements. According to CDOT, the year-long CO 109 Bridge over US 50, BNSF Railroad . This is a free notification system that allows officials to immediately contact you with emergency alerts, including road closures, by cell phone, smart phone, pager, or email. View the Colorado Department of Transportation's interactive map showing road conditions in the state. US 50 MP 123 -127 is OPEN to two lanes of traffic with no delays until the Spring of 2023. Your account has been registered, and you are now logged in. For updates about the closure and additional project information, contact the project team. Fatalities: There were 106 workplace fatalities at road construction sites in 2010. Regularly scheduled roadway closures will go into effect as posted on www.us50info.com at this time. Feb 27, 2023 11:25am. US 50 will be open to two-way traffic with no delays from Friday at 5:30 p.m. - Monday at 8:30 a.m. Full roadway closures will be Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. Full roadway closures will occur through the . Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more. Be Truthful. 0 Interstate 80 California Traffic and Road Conditions. Turn on headlights so that workers and other drivers can see you. Sign up for text alerts: Text us50 to 21000 | Email US50 Little Blue | Phone: 970-340-4333. The US 50 Little Blue Creek Canyon improvement project is the result of a partnership with the FHWA-CFLHD and CDOT. These commitments include: A dedicated coordinator for trucks with livestock or other agricultural products will be available by phone and on the ground to help minimize delays. The article claimed there were "no points of interest" along the route and "warned" readers not to risk traveling it unless they were confident of their "survival skills.". According to CDOT, the year-long CO 109 Bridge over US 50, BNSF Railroad Read More, westbound motorists from the Denver metro area can travel on US 285 to US 50, and continue west to Grand Junction. in cooperation with the U.S. Forest Service (USFS), Grand Mesa Uncompahgre and Gunnison National Forests, U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM), and the National Park Service (NPS). CDOT has since reopened the route, closed near the turnoff for Arrowhead about halfway between Montrose and Gunnison, to allow that route to be used as an alternative to I-70 at this time. NABUR is a FREE online forum you can trust to connect with your community, focus on facts & make a difference. Submitting this form below will send a message to your email with a link to change your password. Travelers are urged to "know before you go." A text message notifications system is available for this project. CDOT and Central Federal Lands Highway Division are working together to fundsignificant highway improvements to Little Blue Canyon on US 50 between Montrose and Gunnison. var year = today.getFullYear() The Federal Highway Administration, Central Federal Lands Highway Division (FHWA-CFLHD) will continue to work closely with contractor American Civil Constructors Mountain West (ACC) and the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) to lessen impacts from closures whenever possible. The trail has a couple of challenges that require 4x4 and high clearance.