Its rare that youll find a Top Seller who doesnt do this and its something I wish I had known when I was starting out. 1. Beyond that, be clear, concise and accurate. Messaging your buyer to confirm shipping, sending proof of postage and letting them know when they can expect the item are all great ways to build relationships on the app. More and more people are realising that you can invest in amazing quality, one-of-a-kind clothing that lasts a lot longer than clothes from fast fashion retailers. If you havent got a name yet, try out our Business Name Generator for a bit of fun inspiration. This way, buyers wont be distracted by what is behind your item. Ill have to send a more direct email today and see if I can put that back up. The first tip is simple: list items often! Sellers can set up their own shops on the platform and quickly and. I reached out to depop, and they told me shop policy posts are okay. The fee is deducted from your PayPal or Depop Payments account 21 days after the sale. Make sure items are wrapped securely and have the necessary protection to arrive looking their best. Aside from the Depop selling fee, there are other fees to consider, such as transaction fees, shipping labels, packaging, and shipping fees. They had clear pictures and clear and concise shop policies listed on the header of their profiles. So really I have an all in 1 post. Since I started selling in 2018, the Depop app has changed and now there is a specific location for a sellers shop policies of which we will discuss next. color organizing your items. Depop should know. Together, these actions open up the chances of repeat business and great reviews. Misleading buyers or failing to mention a defect might lead to a quicker sale, but it could result in damaging negative feedback or requests for refunds. Its also a great way to stay up-to-date with what other sellers are doing another important step in how to become successful on Depop. You can choose whether you just want to ship within the UK or internationally. Start your Independent Premium subscription today. They show you exactly how some of our best sellers rose to the top of the platform and should help guide your own personal journey of success. The way to continue building that feed I have stated is so important is by going onto the shops of people you already enjoy following and taking a peek at their saved section. Plus, provide a good and honest experience for your customers so they want to keep shopping with you in the future. It feels a lot like a social media app as you build a community of followers who want to engage with your products. Depops seller handbook recommends sending your buyer a private message thanking them for their business and letting them know when you plan to ship, as well as more personal touches like adding a thank you card or small freebie with their package. The OneShop Money Mastercard Debit Card is issued by Piermont Bank, Member FDIC. Not only does it lessen repetitive question, but it also a good sign of professionalism and make yourself appear more trustworthy by your potential buyers. Depop is like Instagram or Twitter, in the form of a shopping app. Now youve set up your Depop shop, its time to start thinking about your brand. Your buyers will certainly give their purchases a sniff upon receipt, so ensuring they look and smell their best is essential for great reviews. Before I created my Depop shop I was so nervous and thought no one would purchase my items. There is, I think, sort of a reputation surrounding thrifting and vintage shopping that there's a distinct alternative style or aesthetic associated with it, but I don't think this is true! Step 1: Face your fears and download the app! Those extra touches can help cement your Depop shop in a customers mind. Ensure that you have all the information needed in a handy note, such as the measurements, garment labels, and other information buyers may ask. Certain things tend to do [better] than others at certain times.. The app is available in the Apple Store and the Google Play Store and you can open an account for free (there is a web. Depop also sells convenient shipping labels in-app. I calculate the price point needed to make a reasonable profit factoring in original cost, labour, shipping etc. Also, using original photographs makes your shop more trustworthy. Transparency is key to helping you earn a good rating. Always use your own photos. FAQs will be removed. You may be wondering I dont have to worry about this elsewhere so why is it so important here? As such, in short dont overstress about the shop policies make them clear, concise, and to the point and BE TRANSPARENT! Honesty is always the best policy! Our Service allows you to buy and sell items in an easy and fun way. As a seller, it is essential to be as detailed as possible in your product description. Having a model wear the clothes youre trying to sell is your best option, but if you cant, do a flat lay, not a hanger shot. Make sure youre aware of different regulations and customs rules in the country youre shipping to. Sharing your shop in an Instagram Story with the hashtag #Depop can boost searches for your profile by 11%, according to Depops seller handbook. Depop charges a 10 per cent fee based on the final sale price and shipping cost. I guess this is what Ive basically been saying the whole time, but once youve got your feed going, youll really be on your way to finding lots of cool items. Sign in to create job . Then, add in measurements so its clear how the item will fit. Also, I recently added it to my bio to please refer to my shop policies so I dont have to update my listings individually with this information. Even if Depop is more of a side business for you, youll still have tax responsibilities if your income is more than 1,000 in any tax year. Getty Images and Chris Zuppa/The Penny Hoarder, If You Have More Than $1,000 in Your Checking Account, Make These 6 Moves, This 7-Day Savings Challenge Is Going Viral By Making People Richer, The 7 Biggest Money Secrets Most Rich People Wont Tell You, Vintage Thrifting Tips From a Pro: How to Find Deals and Valuable Items, Want to Work From Home? "To some degree, we have a closer relationship with Gen Z . If it fairly reflects the quality of the product, customers are more likely to have a positive experience and then return to buy from you again. Streetwear. For each item that I sell, I try to express this by styling full looks that I would wear in the real world. Remember to always include any signs of wear and tear on your photography to give your buyers an idea of what to expect once they bought the item. Not to mention, the more you use Depop, the more familiar youll become with the way it works and youll start to develop your own techniques for shopping on it. Pay attention to trends. Eventually youll browse aimlessly and that itemll come to you, but at first you gotta head in with a goal in mind. Needless to say, I am a huge fan of this secondhand platform. You can highlight your shop policy on your listings or bio for your buyers and potential buyers to see. But if you want a side hustle instead of a time suck, youll need to pay attention to how much time, effort and money youre spending. Whether youre a thrift curator, upcycler, or craft-maker, youll want to keep a few fundamentals in mind when you set up your Depop shop. The more personalised to your own taste, the more you should stand out and have a shop and aesthetic that is distinctively yours. Please read rules before posting. When Calloway was starting out, she found a clever way to get customers. The US teenager resells vintage fashion items she finds in thrift stores. Additionally, Depop shop policies can highlight some of the frequently asked questions sellers will encounter so that a seller doesnt get as many unnecessary messages. Requests for feedback on your shop, requests for item authentication, and posting milestones/achievements MUST BE POSTED IN THE DESIGNATED WEEKLY THREAD. FAQs will be removed. Provide good service. This is also a great trick to keep any comments or queries about your items on top for potential buyers to see. Just make sure you track your time and money along the way. If someone states that they only ship on certain days, or within a certain amount of time, give them the relevant grace period and only chase when youve been kept waiting or not heard back. I know it may be scary doing something new, but I promise things get easier once you get comfortable and get started! Shop policies are an essential part when selling on Depop. If you plan on selling something expensive, be sure to upload proof of postage and other photos for authenticity. I have a whole jewelry room now and its been amazing, says Calloway. Remember to always shoot in a square format, so your photos are sized for the grid format on Depop. The names List Perfectly, Vendoo, Crosslist, Poshmark, Tradesy, Mercari, Depop, Grailed, Facebook Marketplace, eBay, Kidizen, and Etsy, as well as related names, marks, emblems and images are registered trademarks of their respective owners. At least this way your buyers will see them for sure. Listing regularly doesnt mean upload them all at once- you can list items once or twice a day to keep your account active and push fresh content in peoples feeds. For top sellers who make a full-time income from Depop, its a dream come true. The phone did not arrive after 2 days even though the seller said they'd send it next day . Once your shop is up and running, potential buyers may get in touch with questions before they make a purchase. Tailored insurance for online retailers includes things like product liability insurance and stock cover. Quite simply, the faster you reply, the happier your customers will be and therefore, the more positive reviews you'll get. But keep in mind to avoid cluttering it with unrelated hashtags or spam hashtags. As much as possible, always make it a win-win situation. The company also charges a transaction fee for facilitating payments. But these top tips from some of our most successful Depop sellers are a great source of inspiration. Anyone can sell or buy items, which are usually clothing, but sometimes also include accessories or even homeware. Depop even penalises users who use irrelevant hashtags. If Id had the money to drop on one from a local slow fashion brand I totally would have, but I didntso I decided to take a little gander on Depop and see what I could find. You'll be able to see what they're buying, selling, and liking and inspire yourself in the . 1. Here are some of the basic questions you should break down in your shop policy: Most of the items sold in Depop are Final Sale, meaning that customers cannot return or exchange the items once they purchase them from your shop even if they change their mind. Read on and get ready to take your own shop to the next level. Before making a deal, always consider the time and effort in modeling, washing, and other running costs. Sellers post items, customers scroll through them, and when something catches their fancy voila, a sale! It takes time to build up a following. Sad because I worked really hard on making them cute and they kept my shop organized. Designer. Sellers are generally quite responsive (depending on how committed they are to running their shop) and friendly. Here are other ways to see someones shop policies on Depop. Depop sellers can earn a pretty penny selling limited edition designer goods, hand-crafted accessories, or even just cleaning out their closets. If y'all remember I posted how I got banned for hashtags that were FINE. More than an online shopping marketplace to buy and sell clothing, shoes and preloved stock, Depop is the place to find your. Sorry I dont sell on Depop nor do I go on third too often as a buyer? While it might be tempting to tag an item with the name of the insanely popular collaboration everyone is searching for in order to improve traffic to your shop, its also a sure-fire way to irritate people.Tagging your item with the brand its a dupe of without mentioning that in the caption could also mislead buyers. Depop store with great images attract more customers and is proven to increase sales by 10%. As sales are made peer-to-peer, it brings the app's users together, as there is a messaging functionality. im studying abroad and want to shop on depop while im here, but if i change my location im afraid itll effect who sees my listings (which are all shipped within the US), is there a way to do this without my shop getting messed up? By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. If you haven't got a name yet, try out our Business Name Generator for a bit of fun inspiration. This also helps keep your store in front of potential buyers who may not be following you. However, there are some shop owners who . Spread the word. Use hashtags to show up in searches. Depop charges a 10% flat fee on each item. Ill list a few of mine below to give an idea, No trades, only looking to sell Currently only shipping within the US Happy to consider reasonable offers No holds longer than 24 hours. Find this article useful? You really, really just have to know where and how to look in order to find what it is that you desire. Press J to jump to the feed. I love it so much that its honestly becoming a bit of an addiction. For items that arent selling, you can re-shoot it or let your buyers make negotiations and only deal with the price you are comfortable with. Depop is a cross between Instagram and eBay. Trends are moving away from fast-fashion and people are looking for authentic, quality items that are going to last. Depop gives users four photo slots for each item. Do you need a business licence to sell on Depop. You can always direct them on your shop policy for questions such as "do you ship internationally?" By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Fore more information, check out our top tips for selling on Depop. Courtesy of Depop Etsy is buying Gen Z social shopping app Depop for $1.6 billion. Make sure only to use photos of the items you own and not from stock photos as this violates Depop policy and be removed. So some of the general things that you wanna break down in more detail for your shop policies are: Keep your Depop shop policies clear and concise and you will be fine. I recently purchased an iPhone through Depop for 300, made sure to check with the seller that they would send next day signed for/tracked delivery and paid safely through depop/paypal with buyer protection. Don't use stock images as your item will be removed. Just make sure you've checked beforehand whether the answers are in their images or the listing write-up. Thats crazy because on Twitter they replied and told me no posts that arent actually selling anything are allowed! 72. r/Depop. So you have to be thorough in explaining your return policy. Allow me to demonstrate with a real-life ETHIGIRL success story! How to Master the Art of Buying Clothes on Depop, and Yes, It's an Art May 6, 2021 by Navi Ahluwalia View On One Page Start Slideshow Use Arrow Keys People always seem surprised when I tell. Take good photos in natural lighting I suggest taking good pictures for the most part. Start by writing a headline that sums up everything a buyer should know about your listing. So whether you have a bricks-and-mortar shop, tailoring service, or an online brand, read on for a step-by-step guide to setting up your Depop shop. Use social media. Most of its userbase are Generation Z, with 90 per cent of its users aged under 25, while a third of 18-25 year olds in the UK registered on the platform, according to Vogue Business. Yeah Ive had my policy post up for a little under a year- I had dividers in my shop for a few years though, like 2-3. Dont try to cheat the system and tag popular brands on a random item. I sincerely recommend that you try out Depop and, as always, if you have any questions or want to talk more about these tips, feel free to comment below. You can also use hashtags to boost your reach. This will keep your shop looking authentic and exciting as your unique style will become recognisable. Like Poshmark, it's also a social platform. But trends change, so its best to pay attention and adjust inventory accordingly. Depop, like other online communities, has its own language. Its important on Depop to follow people, seriously. To ensure that packages arrive safely and on time, a sales and shipping label for the . According to these three sellers, it's all about lighting, lighting, lighting. The science of this is that Depop is run by its users, which means not everyone looks at a piece and calls it the same thing. They cost between $5 to $15, though youre free to use other shipping services. All Rights Reserved. Here, youll see all of the items they have their eye on and, thus, be able to look at those peoples shops if you like them too. Heres a selected glossary. REMINDER: ALL DEPOP USERNAMES MUST BE HIDDEN. Here are nine tips and tricks that can help make your Depop shop more popular and get you more sales. Its also possible to connect your Instagram account and use Stories to drive sales. Does the seller state that they dont offer returns? Step 2: Tap on the 'Setting icon' from the top right side of the screen. Thatll make it so much easier and better in the future to find things that are your style. Shop policies are important because they give your shop an instant boost of professionalism that helps to engender trust with your potential buyer. Please search the subreddit before posting to see if the topic has already been discussed. If you are a new Depop seller, keep in mind that they charge a flat rate of 10% for every item sold. Make sure to describe and include images of any faults. Selling on Depop is simple: all you'll need is a phone and a Paypal account. ago. As a seller, we want to make the most money on our items. Make sure you offer your customers a memorable and smooth experience, and you might find that they keep coming back for more. Enter your phone number, name, and email address. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Etsy is buying Depop, a UK-based second-hand fashion app, in a bid to target younger Gen-Z shoppers. From how to make a successful Depop shop and promote it, to unique personal success stories we chat tosome of our top sellers who explain how they got there with their own hard-earned tips. When you make a sale, send a handwritten note with the package to make the buyer feel appreciated. Not everyone can be a top seller, though. This is an easy tip but, before you get a strong feed (and even when you do) youll have a hard time finding the item you want to find unless you go looking for it. The secondhand fashion app is the perfect place to sell vintage finds and handmade goods at a profit. You can also carry this through to your packaging to make your brand stay in your customers mind. Check out our post comparing Depop vs. Poshmark. This is different than an app like Poshmark, wherein the company-Poshmark-sets the terms that it is a "final sale" platform. Once youve got your shop set up, its time to spread the word. For many its a case of managing different alternatives and being proactive with it. If youre starting out or do not want to be lazy like me decide up front how you should handle.