/* ", Rebbie also spoke on the matter, saying firmly: "They were saying I was raising her daughter. } New Releases. While speaking to T.I. ", In 2001 she also told Entertainment Weekly: "To say, 'No, we're not,' when they would ask [if we're married]? For her part, Jackson also laughed, but put it more bluntly. Girls wanted to talk to me more because I was dating her, which was really weird. According to Jermaine, he lied to Janet and also learned from her that you can't play with rich women. How could I keep a child away from their father? 1,786. Stand Out. Dupri recently appeared on Atlantas Majic 107.9 with Ryan Cameron and explained why men have to step it up when dating a rich and famous woman. Sep 24, 2021. 25 years ago, Jermaine Dupri "The Party Continues" was released featuring Da Brat and Usher (February 17, 1998) #Cameo #sosodef30. #Janet S Rich (@Sorich_1) January 30, 2022 Dupri and Jackson reportedly dated from 2000 to 2008. He was constantly working. January 31, 2022. So So Def founder Jermaine Dupri and pop superstar Janet Jackson dated from roughly 2000 to 2008. Like all my records, this one, whether intentional or not, has autobiographical roots. page_type: 'article', So make sure you think about what you say before you say it, because I done heard it all, and I was like damn.Thats a crazy statement. But the fairytale ending she was hoping for, and one would assume he wanted since he asked her to marry him at one point, failed to come to fruition due to a number of things. (m(a,g,e(),c()),!0):!1}function m(a,d,c,e){function k(){setTimeout(function(){v(48,"run timeout "+e);g()},e)}function g(){setTimeout(function(){0< The Control singer has had her go at love play out in front of the world with her three failed marriages, but it is her relationship with Dupri that has most captivated fans. However, with one of musics biggest weekends this year, that all changed. The romantic pairing of singer Janet Jackson and rapper Jermaine Dupri in the early 2000s was one of the most curious couples of recent memory. I feel like I finally met my match, she tells Essence magazine. You cant do that. During an appearance on T.I.'s ExpidiTIously podcast, Jermaine Dupri spoke on speculation that he dated Kandi Burruss, one of the members of his '90s girl group Xscape. Jackson's first marriage was with musician James DeBarge, who she eloped with at the age of 18 in 1984. Janet was with a man whom she said (in a prior interview) made her truly feel beautiful from the inside out. As Dupri mentioned in the clip from the new documentary, the pair have remained friends following their break-up. f)k.push(f);else{d(8,a+" -> "+e[p]);return}}g(k,c)}):d(9,f)},requireModules:g,requireOne:m,define:function(a,b){var c=D();if(!0!==l)null===c?w(49,""):w(49,D().getAttribute("src"));else{if(null!==c&&(c=c.getAttribute("src"),c in e)){e[c].setDefine(a,b);return}c=s.getActialLoading();u(c)?c in e?e[c].setDefine(a,b):d(46,c):q.push({deps:a,define:b})}}}}(),s=null,z=[],I=(new Date).getTime();t(window,"require",r,!1,27);t(window,"define",F,!1,28);t(r,"runnerBox",function(a){function b(a){x in a||(a[x]=m()); The only one of Janet Jackson's exes who appeared for a new interview in her new Lifetime doc was Jermaine Dupri-- and he expressed some major regrets when it came to their breakup. Find Jermaine Dupri credit information on AllMusic. "readystatechange - "+document.readyState;"complete"===document.readyState||"loaded"===document.readyState? "I believe that my life is a definition of a journey and inside that journey there were supposed to be things that happen and me having a relationship with her [Janet] I definitely know it was part of my life that I was thought a lot for these 8yrs and I look at it like that. tude.refreshAdsViaDivMappings([ { Make A Statement. They were together for eight years before calling it quits. Dupri called his behavior during their relationship "reckless" which is certainly one way to put it. divId: 'div-gpt-ad-rightrail-2', Now, sure Janets revelation that she likes to get it in all day, errday may be a little TMI (too much information) for some. }); They do whatever they wanna do. Why I have to sneak around?, I was never sneaking when I was with her. Now, a source tells E! The two separated in 2017 after Eissa was born and are said to be happily co-parenting their kid, while moving on . Jackson and Dupri spent many years in a happy relationship but never got engaged or tied the knot. (Photo: Alberto E . ILOSM fam,' when Janet Jackson and Jermaine Dupri went public with their relationship years ago, some of you were probably asking yourself, 'Hold upJanet is dating HIM?! : Greys Anatomy Alum Isaiah Washington Announces Hes Retiring From Acting: The Useful Idiots Have Won: RHOP Alum Katie Rost Slams Ashley Darbys Estranged Husband For Suing Candiace Dillard Bassett For $2 Million Over Oral Sex Allegations: It Better Be A Joke: Tory Lanez Demands Love & Hip Hop Star Prince Sit For Deposition In Assault Battle: Shanquella Robinsons Family Feels Abandoned By US Officials As Investigation Into Her Mysterious Death Reaches 4 Months: We Beg For Answers: Kanye West Says He Never Made Any Money From Donda Stem Player, Despite Claiming $2.2M Revenue, Amid Lawsuit For Unauthorized Song Sample Featured On Music Device: EXCLUSIVE: Headkracks Exit From The Morning Hustle Radio Show Was A Mutual Decision, Media Personality Working On New Projects, [EXCLUSIVE First Look] WE tvs GROWN & GOSPEL Docuseries, Birdman Says Hes Paying Mays Rent For New Orleans Residents Who Are In Need, Beyonces Hair Stylist Says Her Hair Is Realness After Being Questioned If Shes WearingA Wig Or Sew-In Weave, Cassie Chills with Joseline Hernandez, Jada Pinkett Smith Surfs + More Celeb Stalking, Stop & Stare: Jada Pinkett Smith & Smith Family Show Skin on Hawaii Vacay. (h.push(a),b()):d(21)},isExec:function(){return m}}}function D(){return document.currentScript&& "@type": "ItemList", Janet Jackson is opening up about why she and Jermaine Dupri split. "I started seeing so many other things that I wanted to do, and so many other places that I felt like I wanted to go. dlApi = Object.assign(dlApi, { (v(48,a+" - exec"),k()):v(48,a+" - noexec")})}function h(a){function b(a){var c=/^[\s\uFEFF\xA0]+|[\s\uFEFF\xA0]+$/g;return"function"===typeof a.trim?a.trim():null===a? Whats going on? var pulse2EmbedConfig = { pulsevideo: { player: "flowplayer", params: { autoplayNext: !0, enableAds: !1 }, plugins: [{ script: "https://imasdk.googleapis.com/js/sdkloader/ima3.js" }, { script: "https://embed.videos.ringpublishing.com/flowplayer/plugins/ads.min.js", config: { ima: { ads: [{ adTag: "https://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/live/ads?iu=/53159133/PulseNG_video_640x360&description_url=[placeholder]&tfcd=0&npa=0&sz=640x360&gdfp_req=1&output=vast&unviewed_position_start=1&env=vp&impl=s&correlator=", time: 0 }] } } }] }, OnettvVideo: { 'MAIN_ELEMENT': { preset: "mainVideoRADPGh", enableGoogleAnalytics: 2, volume: 0, enableEndScreen: 1, autoplayRelated: 1, enableAds: 1, adserverUrl: "https://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/live/ads?iu=/53159133/PulseNG_video_640x360&description_url=[placeholder]&tfcd=0&npa=0&sz=640x360&gdfp_req=1&output=vast&unviewed_position_start=1&env=vp&impl=s&correlator=", floatingControls: 1, embedType: 'inTextVideo', showAdvertComment: 1 }, 'INTEXT': { preset: "mainVideoRADPGh", enableGoogleAnalytics: 2, volume: 0, enableEndScreen: 1, autoplayRelated: 1, enableAds: 1, adserverUrl: "https://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/live/ads?iu=/53159133/PulseNG_video_640x360&description_url=[placeholder]&tfcd=0&npa=0&sz=640x360&gdfp_req=1&output=vast&unviewed_position_start=1&env=vp&impl=s&correlator=", floatingControls: 1, embedType: 'inTextVideo', showAdvertComment: 1 } }} In his recently released interview on Power 105.1 FM's 'The Breakfast Club,' the iconic music producer told hosts DJ Envy, Angela Lee and Charlamagne Tha God, that he probably caused the split because "he's not perfect". Jackson split from Wissam in December 2020. window.tude = window.tude || { cmd: [] }; In April of the same year, the "Together Again" singer and Al Mana separated quietly, and a source told People magazine that they were keen to raise their son together despite their split. She gonna have fun her birthday, The Lightskin Keith Sweat (@CRulez) May 16, 2022, A third wrote, Not Janet and Jermaine with the linkup after 13 years., not janet and jermaine with the linkup after 13 years. } Heres what was reported via PopSugar: Janet Jackson confesses she enjoyed sex more than her lovers did until she met Jermaine Dupri. Just as their musical chemistry proved to be not so hot, the couple called it quits three years later. I was getting tired of people calling me Jermain Dupri, Janet's boyfriend. They ultimately proved the. Shortly after the singer and Qatari businessmanwelcomed their sonEissa, now 5, Janet revealed that they had separated. Jermaine Dupri is an American songwriter, rapper, and record producer who has a net worth of $2 million. We will now be sending you a daily newsletter on news, entertainment and more. Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Find the perfect janet jackson jermaine dupris 36th stock photo, image, vector, illustration or 360 image. The producer and rapper established himself in the 90s and early 00s with tracks like Mariah Careys Sweetheart, Jagged Edges Where The Party At, putting together Kandi Burruss group Xscape, and beyond nabbing him one GRAMMY win and 12 nominations. Yeah, of course it was. kw: 'mandc,janet-jackson,jermaine-dupri', The energy of lovers and friends was in full effect as Janet Jackson was all smiles while celebrating her birthday alongside Jermaine Dupri.. I dont know if it was supposed to stay, but it was supposed to come into my life and teach me what I have learned.". I don't know where that ridiculous idea came from.". Come on [Verse 1: Janet Jackson] It ain't that often but I do get lonely And I need someone who can pull through Not anybody when I, I need a solid My first and only call is to you Time after . g}}}function r(a,b){null===s?d(3):A(a,b,24.1)&&(0c.length?d(5,a):(c.pop(),b(c.join("/")))}function b(a,b){var c=a.split("/"),n=b.split("/");if(0 10s");g()},1E4)});"complete"===document.readyState&&(v(48,"isComplete"),g());"loaded"===document.readyState&&(v(48,"isLoaded"),k());l(document,"DOMContentLoaded",function(){v(48,"DOMContentLoaded");k();l(document.getElementsByTagName("body")[0],"pageshow",function(){v(48,"body pageshow");g()})});l(document,"readystatechange",function(){var a= There HAS to still be some love left there. I didn't like it. 169 Likes, 4 Comments - Recovering Lost Files (@nostalgicfiles_) on Instagram: "Jermaine Dupri and Janet Jackson Captured by Jamie McCarthy/ Johnny Nunez while attending the" Your Money, Your Life, LATEST LISTS ]); If you watched the Janet Jackson documentary on Lifetime this past weekend, there was plenty to learn about the pop culture icon (you can check out a recap of the biggest moments from night one and night two here on ESSENCE.com). }); Copyright 2015 . But if it's something you really want and the love is there, you will put in the work in time.". I just want to be known as the guy who continued putting out a lot of good music.". Jermaine Dupri has had an encounter with Sarai Jones (Other) (2009). We were equal in our relationship. iloveoldschoolmusic.com. It was like, carve out just a little bit of time for me. You hang up on the phone with a rich woman and call her all kinds of names and she calls you all kinds of names. .then(function (registration) { Atlanta Black Star is a narrative company. url: 'jermaine,dupri,reveals,the,warning,janet,jackson,gave,him,during,their,relationship', Hell, he might as well, especially after making a lifetime commitment to Janet by putting that big tattoo of her face on his ribs, And besides, Janets and Jermaine Dupris relationship was a win-win for both of them. Unblock notifications in browser settings. baseDivId: 'pb-slot-right-1', In relationships it was always the guy telling me, OK, hold on, wait a minute. Id ask my girlfriends, Arent we supposed to be the ones who say, Wait, not tonight, I have a headache? "I feel like that's a part where you really determine if you're strong," he stated. Held at the Park MGM in Las Vegas, the fun-filled event saw Ms. Jackson showered with love from the likes of ex Jermaine Dupri, Usher, longtime collaborator Jimmy Jam, Nelly, Bryan-Michael Cox . In the wake of Michael Jackson's death, the couple are calling it quits, reports Us Weekly. And that person be at your house, he shared. ]); Oct 6, 2020. The duo dated for nearly a decade before throwing in the towel in 2009. Entrepreneurs Summit If that doesn't make you . #JanetJackson #JermaineDupri #JamesDeBargeAdamandEve.com Code: REAL50 for 50% off 1 Item + Free Shipping in the US & Canada. Too late Dupri, we will remember that you once broke Janet Jackson's heart, for sure! Feel like getting on touch or staying upto date with out latest news and updates?