Ive made it a few times now. I just made this to have on hand in lieu of dinner after we hit the cheese market on our block later today (flatbreads + French triple cream + honey + walnuts = cant even fathom how good it will be). Hoping to make them this weekend!! In the mean time, I cant wait to try out this recipe! Thank you for the inspiration. Very fun! He is currently one of my daily reads. I have old friends visiting tomorrow and I hope to whip up some yummy flatbreads before they arrive. Ive made it twice since then.. Oh yeahlove the blog! P.S. Very easy and very good. I think these crackers would be the perfect contribution. I strongly disagree with one of the comments that it makes the crackers unappetizing on the contrary: I took them to work today and Everybody loved them and I already fwded the link to the recipe. What else should I use? I followed the directions exactly! I might use a little bit less olive oil next time. Hi Deb, What are the chances the recipe could be used for soft, light and fluffy cooked up in skillet? and it was DELISH! I discovered your website this morning, tackled the homemade marshmallows earlier today, started the dough for graham crackers, and was hungry/bored at about 11:00 tonight, so decided to see what other yummy recipes were on your site, and found the flatbread recipe by clicking Surprise Me a couple times Im eating it now lol! Repeat with remaining pieces of dough. Thanks! What an absolutely wonderful and simple recipe. I also thought they could have used a little more salt or something as they were kind of floury and bland. Ill say that I have made this recipe also a couple of times with some bulk cheese powder and it is delicious that way, too. Ooh! Just wanted to say thanks so much for this recipe. My brothers and sister and I would all crowd into the kitchen and hang out, waiting for the freshly baked salt crackers shed make with the trimmings of the pie crust. Theyre next on my list to try. I have been enjoying it all -even the burnt and saltless pieces- with home-made hummus and will definately make this agian. Thanks, Deb for being so inspiring! A half sandwich served with your choice of a cup of soup, fresh fruit or Mac & Cheese. Heat oven to 450F. I imagine you can roll this out larger and cut it into rectangles or any shape..right? LOVED IT! Cant wait to make them. But shes cute! Its delicious. Im following the recipe but I get into a bit of trouble when I roll them out. Time to get the second one out of the oven! The texture was grainy and unappetizing. My son asked for these for D week at preschool. (http://www.saveur.com/article/Kitchen/Olive-Oil-Tortas). Thanks! YUM! "Convenient and reasonable price overnight stay on drive to Spain. Served up with cilantro and jalapeno hummus. Ive been reading a lot of recipes (not a hardship) and will be trying a lot of new things (shakshuka is scheduled for the week after next). next, also maybe onion. Wow I cant believe I have made a recipe BEFORE you! The first one was a little too think because I didnt realized how thin you had to roll it (still ate it, still delicious). Nothing makes him leave the lab early. They just werent quite crispy enough for me a bit bendy in the centers. Are two trays being used here.? This recipe makes even better flatbread! The filling is really what counts, and the frozen dough is so convenient! I like everyone else posted here really enjoy this blog, but can I suggest something. They just elastic themselves into a much smaller shrunken version of what I set on my cookie sheet. Have become addicted to these, which are delicious and incredibly easy to make. Some of my less-than-sane friends organize a food challenge dinner where they pick one ingredient and assign courses to each couple (and me, solo sigh) and you have to incorporate said ingredient, with some very fascinating combos you try putting pork in a dessert. I made this tonight it was heavenly! You inspired her (Justopia) to make it and now Im going to try the recipe tomorrow. It is GREAT with champagne. A little late to the party; Ive made this several times and its great. But they tasted fantastic and were taken home by my GF friends who also requested the recipe. I wonder if you could make this on a pizza stone? I just keep my eye on them and poke the bubbles with a knife so they deflate, but wondering if anyone knows a better way to prevent the bubbles from occurring at all? I was looking for something to make for tonight for the bf and myself. My go to rosemary flatbread recipe is from a pre-Internet issue of Fine Cooking and its very VERY thin and requires chilling before rolling out. I love rosemary and I am addicted to Gourmet mag but have been away a lot and not cooking for various reasons. Make a well in center, then add water and oil and gradually stir into flour with a wooden spoon until a dough forms. Heat oven to 450F. Roll it out again! This is a great recipe. So sorry about the awful hold music Ive dealt with that as well, on the phone ;0). Delicious stuff and super satisfying to make. And the rosemary and salt really made them so good. still came out fantastic. i think well be making this very often. Yes yes.the issue made me swoon and I went outside and raided the basil to make a basil parmesan version that was delightful and like that god awful movie.gone in 60 seconds. I figured out after to roll the dough ON the stone. Actually I make these regularly enough that I remember the recipe, perfect when I forgot to buy bread. this is getting made, tonight, to go along with that end of summer bounty thats been piling up in my vegetable crisper- diced cucumber, radish, carrot, cherry tomtoes and feta, all tossed with plenty of scallions, parsley, olive oil and lemon juice. Thank you so much in advance. Thank you. OMG Im 9 years late to the party, but a friend just shared this page on Twitter last night. Hi there, We loved it with our beef stew. Oh! Dont undercook them! I sprayed each side of the rolled out dough with some olive oil spray. Jason's Deli 3 Seed & Sea Salt Flatbread Cracker. I made this with thyme, baked it for about 8 minutes while I sauteed thinly sliced radishes and yellow squash in olive oil and salt.I also mixed some ricotta and with a dab of soy sauce and nutmeg in a bowl. On the first flatbread, I found that I had not rolled it thin enough and it took about 15 minutes to bake. How do you make them crispy and brittle? Avocado Toast. This took about two seconds to do, which is important when Im already exhausted from the amount of baking and dishes Ive done before breakfast, and came out deliciously. This is fantastic!!! Served with chips or baked chips (150/100 cal) and a pickle (5 cal). plus, it gives ya neat pieces!!! It turned out fabulous. Will try again with all purpose flour! I made these this weekend with tarragon and chopped, rosted, sweet onion. I was impressed with how easy it was to make these and that they came out so delicious! Friday Night Lights is hands down the best show on television. It was great! Very good, and just as easy as you said! I just made these, with 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour. Beefeater (Manager's Special) A half sandwich served with your choice of a cup of soup, fresh fruit or Mac & Cheese. These are great. Im trying to stay away from gluten. Cela contribue grandement la fire allure dont la ville affiche. i had been trying Crisp Rosemary Flatbread when i read this post few days back and its amazing and my another favorite after soup. Such a fantastic recipe. Thank you Deb for taking the time to respond. Thanks for posting this. Could I make these with non-gluten flour mixes like: rice flour + quinoa flour + sorghum flour + tapioca flour + xanthin gum? Privacy Policy. Fun fact my husband and I used these flatbreads twice to induce labor. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Thank you. I just made a batchsent the picture to my bf who (loves all things bread-like and with rosemary on them). One in the oven and one with bread on it? I was blown away by how good this was relative to how easy the recipe was. Or what else can I do? Stir together flour, chopped rosemary, baking powder, and salt in a large, wide bowl. I love your site! I recommend making Paula Wolferts hummus recipe to dip the flatbreads. TASTY! I made this fabulous flatbread first for myself and then two days later for a party (yep, its that good!) Just oiled cold tray is fine. If youre in a rush and dont have time to preheat an oven, you can also throw this dough out on a dry, medium heat cast iron skillet. :). I loved the rosemary flavor! Kept really well in a sealed container throughout the week. Ill add this to my collection of take to work or share with friends recipes. I just finished baking the first one and I just had to come rush back to say thank you for sharing this! $11.69+. It turned out great. I love this recipe. I even tried using 1 for 1 gluten-free flour and sesame seeds for a batch. Hot roast beef, provolone, mayo, toasted on New Orleans French bread. The dough, though, makes it a bit difficult: it was kind of shrinking and tearing apart when rolled probably because the flour is really whole grain, so I added some water after the first rounds and it was better, but in the end, the shape didnt matter. My toddler found it irresistible. It was too salty for me so I ate them with yak cheese and honey. I used white whole wheat flourit was *so* delicious! each). Amazing first time trying it and its wonderful I also did a sweet one as well. [because I hate waiting for dough to rise, and this was as quick as a blink] It tastes wonderful with lashings of cream cheese and roasted capsicum and cashew pesto. (Whole wheat pastry flour is usually a great substitute for all-purpose flour in almost any recipe. Ooo, this reminds me of the homemade herb crackers I made awhile back. I have hummus but my daughter asked what we had to eat with it. I love homemade crackers! People think its way more impressive than it actually is, too. True story with our first two births, this is what we had for dinner the night before, mere hours before labor began. Caaaarbs MMMMMMM looks delicious! In a pinch, frozen puff pastry works as a knish dough. Any ideas on how to amend recipe to become what I am looking for? I just made these DELICIOUS! Just found this site and recipe. Love, love, love this recipe! Havent tasted the other two yet, but what an easy dinner! Oh, Deb, you sweetheart youve taken care of this for me, now! Aug 31, 2018 - We're not saying they're right. Ive made this at least 10 times in the past 6 weeks since I discovered it. Ill give it another try soon! Id bake it again but I managed to set off our WAAAY too sensitive fire alarm so I am a little nervous about that they werent even burning and only mildly browned! I agree with previous commenters who liked them crispier. Was it browned when you took it out? I havent but several commenters here have and say it worked just fine. I still used parchment ..well wax paper as I didnt know how to get the rolled dough from the surface to the stone otherwise. Ill be checking here daily! Oh boy! Great for lunch or as a starter. Thank you for sharing a great recipe! I was interested to read that someone makes them with white whole wheat flour and next time I will try that. Your email address will not be published. My turn to bring the letter snack to preschool this week. Made 3 batches. Not having parchment paper OR a heavy-duty baking sheet, I instead cooked these in cast iron skillets. fantastic flaky crackers. I will be making the flatbread soon! I used a blend of fresh rosemary, oregano, thyme and chives. I made this yesterday and thought it was really good, and just as easy as promised. Mine came out more like biscuits :-( Any tips? Whipped these up in less than 10 minutes with fresh herbs from our garden and they were amazing as usual. Half of them I sprinkled parm cheese and the other half I made exactly as written. This was a great recipe! Thanks for the recipe my family gobbled it up in seconds! Just made the flatbread about an hour agoso deliciouswe gobbled it up with a chicken liver pate. :). My housemates loved it. Great way to use up all of this weeks CSA rosemary! Ive made this recipe it was one of my best received homemade crackers and my sister proclaimed it her favorite cracker ever, just under goldfish, which I consider an achievement. I just did a quick Google and the first recipe was just water, flour, and salt, and the second (Alton Brown) had an egg in it. Im one of those people. Im making some tomorrow! Convection oven turned out better than coventional, for me. Ovens vary so much, its my first thought. Im quite intimidated by baking bread, but you make it look so flawless and easy!! I served it as a starter with the goat cheese & olives from the same article and it was a real hit! For what its worth, I scooped and scraped the flour, which I think is the method youve said you use in previous posts. I love your version! I made the flatbread today and it is so easy and so delicious! Thanks! I used thyme as thats all I had on hand. Sorry still confused. Still good and worth trying again though. $13.79+. Thank you for posting this Im allergic to yeast and fermented products (breads, wines, cheeses, beer, etc.) (as I was told not to do by all the family bakers ready with their advice!) Glad to have found this quick and versatile recipe. And so easy! Very quick to prepare and bake. I have tested various recipes in my quest for a tender, moist and fluffy flat/pita/naan bread. I made these and hummus (with the skins off of the beans, like Deb taught me). I was trying out my bread machine. Perhaps my oven runs hot and I probably had uneven rolling, so there were not just brown spots, but more like burn spots. Easy and surprisingly addictive. Served with a cup of au jus. A half sandwich served with your choice of a cup of soup, fresh fruit or Mac & Cheese. See more ideas about jasons deli, recipes, copycat recipes. Next post: marinated eggplant with capers andmint. You can bake on aluminum foil or right on a baking sheet with the same results, parchment just makes it easier to remove from the pan and prevents any sticking. I used black salt to top mine. Stir together flour, chopped rosemary, baking powder, and salt in a large, wide bowl. I think its fate that I came across this today! I didnt have rosemary, so I used some dry tuscan herbs, added some thyme and infused a touch of garlic into oil. Youre more than welcome to come up to my country house if you bring this along with that eggplant dealie and some cheese! It was so easy and so FAST, and so tasty too. Today was raining cats and dogs here in Puerto Rico,It was cold outside (Yes we think 70 degrees is cold) When I got home from work all I could think about was my frozen cream of tomato soup, The one I learned from you and I paired it up with this flatbread, I didnt make mine too thin I like em thick and they were perfect, Just the kind of comfort food I needed, Your blog never disappoints me, My next conquest is the challah wish me luck! Everyone begged for the recipe! Thanks for commenting! This is really easy recipe. Served with a cup of au jus. Keep up the great work! I used this recipe today (minus rosemary) and made yummy ham & mozzarella hot pockets by splitting dough into 6 pieces. Or chopped black olives, fresh oregano and some of those oven roasted tomatoes. More cracker than bread, this stuff is dreamy. You can get it via drive-thru. fairly recent to your blog, shared by my colleague and your fan. Funny how life works: I just stumbled upon this recipe via Surprise Me, and as I read through it, it occurred to me that they resembled the Spanish olive oil tortas that I bought on Tuesday. Goes great with the bratwurst for our German themed dinner. I will definitely make it again, maybe with other spices like zaatar. I did one batch with no brushed olive oil on top and they were indistinguishable from the ones with the brushed tops. I just made these yesterday with fresh rosemary from our tiny garden, and they were so easy and delicious! I want to make more to play around with not only the spices but also flours I wonder if a GF version would be good? Thanks for this recipe! hi i made this today using whole wheat flour (100%) and thyme (thats what i had in the herb garden) and everyone loves them. I cant wait to try more toppings, maybe flax/sesame seeds? Grilled, 100% antibiotic-free chicken breast, sliced avocado, lemon crema, chipotle aioli, jalapeno pepper jack, pickled red onions on a traditional Mexican-style roll. It seemed horrible they cracked when I tried to roll them, I couldnt get them thin enough, and they took 17-20 minutes to begin to color. Thank you for a great recipe! For these last three batches, I baked it at 425 degrees, and was able to avoid the burnt spots, and did not pre-bake the pan, crackers still came out golden, and had many people raving about it and wanting the recipe. Neither seem exactly right. I know theres one in Austin so there should be one in Houston. $11.81 +. scrumdiddles!!! Served with chips or baked chips (150/100 cal) and a pickle (5 cal). Holy yum. Love them (Like I said, it was a long hold time.). I didnt have any problem rolling the smaller pieces on parchment. The bread looks delicious but I want that blue bowl. Fifty recipes is my goal, and this is one of the first I tried (wrote about it: http://foodanddo.lindsaybeeson.com/2011/10/08/day-18-of-101-chipping-away-at-my-fifty-recipes/). As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Ill have to try this one. 1. The key to these being nice and crispy is making sure the baking sheet is HOT before putting the dough on it. Ive made garlic flatbread, black pepper flatbread, and curry flatbread. My pizza stone worked really well too, since I found myself without any parchment paper. I let the whole thingbake a few more minutes. Thanks in advance. I am newly on Keto, so gonna give these a go with fear and trepidation, for our small group tomorrow night. Thank you for checking. I would have cooked them longer but the edges were already quite brown. Ooh I so want to make this! To Deb: It was brown around the edges. I oiled both sides as well as oiled the grill grates and made 6 crackers for easier transfer to the grill. SO good with goats cheese. (They weigh approx. I made this today. I have amazing flatbread on my counter to prove it! It could be dangerous to have in the house. Ive challenged myself this season to *finally* start making some of these recipes I see and get inspired by. Yum. I accidentally spread sugar over it instead of salt Heavenly! (Fresh bread for everyone else, so the gf friend needs something lovely too). I cant believe how easy it was, and SO delicious! Does it have to be parchment paper? Can you make this with whole wheat or white whole wheat flour? He suggests ways you can use schmaltz instead of oil in the dough (or, I bet, cut in butter). All of it. These look delicious and shockingly easy! And thanks! Show Prices. My son asked for hot pockets which I refused to buy. Youre just charming. It would be the perfect base for fresh Lettuce Salads with vegies and a vinegar/oil dressing !! I loved them on day one, and loved them even more on days two and three, when I popped them in the toaster to freshen them up. Used as a pizza shell (rolled the edges before baking, then melted some stuff on top after crispifying in the oven). A made another batch of the feta salsa (kept it pure this time) and followed the link to the flatbread. Its the perfect thing to scoop any summer salad or vegetable dish, including the one Ill tell you about tomorrow (tease!). Could this dough be made ahead and refrigerated overnight or even frozen? Love it. Its WONDERFUL!!! I would give this 6 out of 5 stars. Woke up this morning wondering why I stupidly didnt save myself even a small piece and just got finished making a batch all for myself. EEK!!! 1/2 pound of hot corned beef, Swiss, sauerkraut, 1000 Island dressing, grilled on marbled rye. They are so easy and the result so wonderful, even many days later, that you cant not make them. I just made this recipe, in just half an hour from an empty counter to awesome bread, and it is so unbelievably GOOD!! I should have increased the salt a bit too. As I rolled out the 2nd piece of the dough, preparing it for the oven, So easy to make! Thank YOU for the meal!! Notify me of follow-up comments by email. By the third flatbread they were PERFECT!! I had to use just a little more water, but other than that All Fine! This looks yumm! Ive made it a teeny bit thicker so I could slice down the middle and insert a slab of butter Is that bad???!!! I have been reading your blog for a few months and you have been very inspiring. I made these the day before yesterday. Those among us that have actually tried the recipes share their experiences. Are you serious!? oh LORD this is amazing. Any ideas on dip or ac compliments to the bread? with cracked black pepper. Okay, Im making fish chowder tonight (its currently 7pm and its not yet started) and thought Rosemary flatbread! How does one make the dough not stick to the rolling pin? And I cut it in squares, right before putting it in the oven! Avocado Toast. Maybe I should have increased the temperature?) It took no time at all and was the perfect accompaniment to my dinner. & baked it as it was!! it is perfect and sooooooo easy. Overall I found the flatbread to be yummy, so much so that before the second flatbread had finished baking, Id nibbled my way through half of the first cooling flatbread. I brought it to a family gathering and it disappeared in literally 15 minutes the whole batch! Tons of tarragon and thyme. A great pre-Christmas snack! That issue of Gourmet was one of the best EVERand I, too, have made most everything in the section on herbs, including this flatbread! Husband and I have renamed it from flatbread to crackbread. Love this recipe (my sister also says it is her favorite cracker) and I love making it. Very good, but I overbaked the edges. Thats what I need to go with it! Man oh man, came here and yes, of course, thats where I read it. I love, love, love this recipe (and so does anybody who tries it). Shes eating it now! Thank you so much for this recipe! I cut them into cracker size with a pizza cutter before baking. Thank you for this recipe. Must just be me. We got back from a weekend away and the last thing I felt like doing was cooking, but after seeing your beautiful pictures and reading your blog, I just had to make this! Thanks all!! Made these with 1cp ap flour and 3/4cp bobs low carb whole grain flour ( thats what was at my bodega in this time of insanity). Just made these for a potluck luncheon where most people were bringing salads. I made these a couple of weeks ago and they were fantastic! Too bad Im not at home, where we have a huge rosemary bush. If youre itching to make them, I think you should start with him. Thanks for making this look so easy I will certainly have to make my own next time. I have everything at home, and Im making these babies tonight. But in a word: dont! It seems very fancy but is so easy to make. Perfect use for my rosemary friends! I am confused. I made this a month or so ago after it first was published. For on-the-go families, Jason's Deli created an even quicker option in the form of Jason's Express. as directed. When I realized just how fast I would run out of fresh ingredients it had the potential to be pretty dispiriting, so I decided that rather than lament what I couldnt have, Id challenge myself to use up the contents of my fridge, freezer and pantry as creatively as possible so I could delay going shopping again as long as possible. I found this recipe after trying some delicious commercial (small bakery) rosemary flatbread. Second batch was *perfect*. Quick, easy clean up and great flavor. I put a lot more rosemary on it and next time I think I will try to knead it with other spices and then put it into the oven. I am having a small dinner party tonight and I have been to the grocery too many times already. They are almost buttery in texture. It was really easy to get them crispy in preheated cast iron! Served with blue corn chips and salsa. This is going to be one of those recipes that you can adapt to whatever you need. Yum!!!!!! Made this tonight and it turned out great. Thank you so much! I made this and didnt love it, sorry :-(. I am visiting at least three bakeries every weekend trying to find rosemary bread, as it is simply my favorite! I have a bunch of pizza and dough recipes here, if youre looking for inspiration. My Blog jasons deli flatbread crackers recipe They were amazing!!! Tip: The dough is very moist with oil, (it keeps it from being sticky) I covered my rolling pin with several revolutions of plastic wrap and it rolled out beautifully. And super easy to make, too! The unintended benefit was that even though they cooked unevenly (my oven being what it is) I was able to pull out the pieces that were brown and leave the pale ones for a few extra minutes. Are you ever bowled over by how many people continue to find your recipes years after you posted them? I skimmed it mostly; I havent had time to go through and see if theres even anything I could add to the conversation, as he covered the topic so well. thanks! 6. Sorry, it is confusing the way I wrote it. Also its great idea to add some tomatoe sauce, fresh basil and mozzarella on the top and bake for 2-3 minutes more. I made this last night- it was supposed to be a snack, but like Rachel, ended up being dinner! I am thrilled to have just tried this exquisite recipe!!! I rolled them a little thick so they were like tiny 1/8 inch thick biscuits and my oh my they are delectable! Maybe I didnt roll it thin enough. I dont have parchment. Tonights menu was based on the need to use up a head of lovely fresh lettuce: I had a salad and Turkish spiced carrot fritters as well as the hummus and flatbread. And yes, I did this on my pizza stone too. Im going to attempt to make it tonight for a potluck. :) Thank you! I love fresh rosemary! Also, maybe my oven runs low, but these took a good 15 minutes to get golden in color. I bet you could use King Arthurs White Whole Wheat flour in these entirely. i love this recipe and so surprisingly simple! Ive made these twice now and they are AMAZING! I cant wait to get reviews from the family. I was out of parchment paper so I just rolled it out on a Silpat and it turned out perfectly. :). I had to restrain myself from eating it all in one go. Help? Served with chips or baked chips (150/100 cal) and a pickle (5 cal). I made this recipe the other night and tried a variation that comes from my home country (India), salt and anise seeds. I want you to know that Bee @ deux dilettantes really did serve this to me and it was wonderful. Love the little sprigs of rosemary that are still clinging to the flatbread! It was perfect! This is my first time making any type of flatbread, so Im pretty happy with the result (and somewhat impressed with myself). Hes now on his way home from the lab. Haha!! I will be making this again and again! It will most certainly be The Recipe of the Century!!! 1/2 pound of hot roast beef, provolone, mayo, toasted on New Orleans French bread. Holy yum! I ground up a bunch of different grains and made this as you said, and it turned out fantastic!!! People always love to help themselves, dont we?