Bang for the buck. Please visit your Housing Portal to fill out your Housing questionnaire and find your match, message fellow students, and send requests for them to be your roommate. "I am here to let you all know that those speculations could not be further from the truth.". With the Colleges of Arts and Sciences, Professional Studies, Education and the Graduate School, MVSU provides its students with a variety of educational and future career opportunities. The need for engaging alumni with Mississippi Valley State University is greater now than ever before. Mississippi Valley State University is a higher education institution located in Leflore County, MS. MVSU Scholars, click here to share your thoughts. Like, how cute and decorative! According to its website,Alcorn State University andthe Department of Residence Life has advice for students on the university website: "The University is continually encouraging students who desire to retrieve their personal belongings and return to their respective homes or permanent residence to do so," it said. We recognize the important role that parents and families play in the stories of our students. In all, honesty when it comes to the events and activities, MVSU do know how to keep their students entertained and in which they do try to be creative with their events. According to our research, 98.0% of freshman live on campus at Mississippi State University (MSU)? "Itis paramount that we strongly adhere to social distancing as a means to limit the transmission and combat any spread of the coronavirus," Hudsonwrote. Founded in 1950 and established in the historical Delta of Mississippi, Mississippi Valley State University is the youngest of all Historical Black Colleges and Universities in the United States. I love it. Alexa enjoys reading, writing, and, above all, science. The staff there is helpful and very dependent on. U.S. News & World Report named MVSU as one of America's best in the southern region. The staff were unprofessional and irresponsible. Its a great place to go to school. Overall, the college isn't that bad. | Admin | Privacy Policy | Employee Login, Office of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs, Office of Student Leadership & Engagement, Campus Violence Prevention & Intervention Program, Connect D.E.E.P. The curtains and the headboards really liven this dorm room up, plus it makes it look more homey and spacious. Office of Residential Life/Student Housing Decor. According to Delta State University's President William LaForge, students are strongly urged to stay home. Here, your residence is more than just a dorm. Bath. More about our data sources and methodologies. We recognize the important role that parents and families play in the stories of our students. All Diploma Frames 20% Off With Code GRAD20 All Diploma Frames 20% Off With Code GRAD20. Those few hours that I was there was enough for me to decide that I wanted nothing to do with it. Phone: (662) 254-3347 Data not found. Shop the best selection of dorm room decor, art & more. The paw print pillows on the futon just drew me in! Your investment began a long time ago and we intend to make sure it pays off. All of the inspiration you need is right here and I have pictures to prove it. MVSU has great school spirit, pride, and tradition. mvsu.edu 14000 HIGHWAY 82 WEST ITTA BENA, MS 38941 Work Here? Storage. Explore. MVSU Scholars, click here to share your thoughts. Educational, cultural, social, wellness, service, support -- its all here. Do you need inspiration for decorating your dorm room at Mississippi State? But it seems as though our sports department and our teams in general don't play well which may come off disappointing for those who look to support the sports teams. Pick-up options will be made at a later date. MVSU prepares you for a successful life after college. Founded in 1950 and established in the historical Delta of Mississippi, Mississippi Valley State University is the youngest of all Historical Black Colleges and Universities in the United States. 0. Located conveniently on campus, MVSU housing offers studentsseven (8) residence halls. I love that they brought their school spirit into their dorm room! I was there as a high school student for a program. And to ask permission to enter class because they was aware I worked from12A until 8A.M at a prison. Provides auto-suggestions when entering text, Niche requires Javascript to work correctly. Schedule your visit today! Our rich heritage affords the discerning student opportunities to grow and prepare for their future. About MVSU | Academics | Admissions | Future Students | Current Students | Parents | Alumni & Friends | Faculty & Staff | Emergency Site Please check your user ID. The university, however, is urging students who can to go home for their own safety. 226 0 obj <>stream Gifts and Care Packages. Living on campus is not just about the amenities, its about the community! MVSU 7238 Tucker is one of my really good friends and he was actually one of the first people I met when I came here to Mississippi State. Bath. It was a great experience at this college. Decor. Its for you. 2. If you really want to do important work, this is a GREAT place to do it. Mississippi Valley State University offers undergraduate and graduate degrees through the following entities: College of Art & Sciences College of Professional Studies College of Education Graduate School MVSU offers an honors program to better cater to high-achieving undergraduate students on campus. With the Colleges of Arts and Sciences, Professional Studies, Education and the Graduate School, MVSU provides its students with a variety of educational and future career opportunities. Cost of Attendance is used to determine financial aid eligibility. Please try again later. Students can apply for housing once they have been admitted to the university. Abbie LeAnne Pruett put together this totally cute, pink, gold, and white theme! The bond that you grow with the teachers are amazing. It is where you can Dream. Living expenses for students living on campus at Mississippi Valley State University are $14,192, close to the national average of $15,282. endstream endobj startxref Our rich heritage affords the discerning student opportunities to grow and prepare for their future. I wouldnt change anything about Valley, the campus itself is perfect just the way it is. When I first became a delta devil, I was shy, didnt know anyone, didnt even really know my way around campus but everyone on campus was so nice and helpful that the shy me forgot that I was even shy in the first place. May 13, 2023 Roommate Search & Selection is now open for all prospective students for the Fall 23/Spring 24 academic year. 14000 Hwy 82 West Your investment began a long time ago and we intend to make sure it pays off. "It's really disappointing," she said. 0. All Rights Reserved. Its for you. My friend Makayla is a Resident Advisor for Nunnelee Hall and she is giving us a tour of what her room looks like. Our rich heritage affords the discerning student opportunities to grow and prepare for their future. As soon as I touch the campus I felt at home. Need dorm decor ideas? More than 1,000 students call the MVSU campus home. Graduation. The lettersaid given the importance of social distancing there was no rush for students to claim their belongings from their residences. Storage. I rated this 4 stars because the school doesn't have many programs. So in my free time I like to just hang out with my friends and goof off! The contract will remain open to sign after April 30th, but students will be placed in the 2nd round of Online Room Selection after that point. Employment | Library | Ethics Line | Maps & Directions | Administration | Information Technology | Mission | Accreditation | Emergencies | Athletics | Spending Transparency | Academic Calendar | Quick Links| Internal Auditor, Copyright 2021 Mississippi Valley State University. MVSU Scholars, click here to share your thoughts. If you'll be attending MSU as a first-time freshman for Fall 23/Spring 24, complete your Housing Application by 11:59pm on April 1st to maintain your priority status for Online Room Selection in May. Sale. The 17 Residence Halls at MSU provide a home away from home that just so happens to include a community of new potential best friends, access to study rooms and computer labs, a comfortable place to call your own, and common areas with all the comforts of . Each residence hall is staffed with a Residence Hall Director (RHD), Hall Monitors and Resident Assistants to help each resident adjust to campus life, provide security, and lend a helping hand. | Admin | Privacy Policy, Valedictorian/Salutatorian Academic Scholarship - Green And White, Master of Science in Sport Admininstration, Master of Science in Environmental Health, Master of Arts in Rural Public Policy and Planning. We say MISSISSIPPI VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY, but we know you and your parents need information to make that important decision. He was in my "family group" at the Baptist Student Union and had bible study together. Once again, we would like to welcome you, and thank you for choosing Mississippi Valley State University to continue your educational endeavors. MVSU is closely monitoring info about the coronavirus disease (COVID-19). They tried their best to do everything they could in which turned out to be great. This information is usually contained in one of the dorm room tours of Mississippi State University (MSU) on CampusReel. At Jackson State University, students are strongly urged to return home in a March 18 letter posted on the school's website from acting president Thomas Hudson. A Dormis simply a place for students to sleep and store their belongings. Also, the food is extremely good such as the students on campus as well. comes to storing your belongings. Please read the following information carefully. Apartments. This hall is suit style, so everyone gets their own bathroom, unlike the community style dorms. We clicked the time we met and have been super good friends ever since. Welcome to State Your Home | Department of Housing and Residence Life . Alyssa Myers went retro with the record player on the cubbies and chic with the white beachy theme. By their last year a student would spend roughly $14,376 for an associate degree, and $14,655 for a bachelor's degree. He said students' possessions would remain secured. The aura of this Mississippi Statedorm room is so homey and comfortable! This would have been okay to get past if I was allowed to go to my dorm, which I was not and was forced to just stand there foolishly for a long time. The school has softball, basketball, bowling, and game room. Two students at the school have tested positive for coronavirus. Students are also packing up their belongs at Jones County Junior College. MVSU believes in educating the whole student. Make sure to take advantage of all the resources. All Rights Reserved. Educational, cultural, social, wellness, service, support -- its all here. "This has been a tough decision, but we got to the point where we thought it was best to limit housing for the safety of our staff and students," said Dee Dee Anderson, vice president of student affairs. Follow @educellen on Twitter. Most on-campus residence halls include singles, double, and suites. To accommodate its giant campus, Michigan State divides its MSU dorms and residence halls into five different neighborhoods: South, Brody, North, East, and River Trail. Makayla is taking us through the hall to show us where the residents can do their laundry and the kitchen for the hall. Academics Academics Academic Regulations Academic Advisement Refresh your bedding & save up to 75% off. Mississippi Valley State University is a public institution that was founded in 1950. Students must receive an official approval email from Housing and Residence Life in order to maintain access to campus housing after Friday morning. Basically, you have to go out of your way and probably hop on a bus or two if you ever want to visit friends in different neighborhoods. Help with course work or even personal problems are always payed attention to when you need it. The campus is spacious and there is plenty of activities to keep you busy. Freshman Maddie Vasquez was upset to see dorms closing. Most on-campus residence halls include singles, double, and suites. Im loving this rustic theme for this Mississippi Statedorm room! The need for engaging alumni with Mississippi Valley State University is greater now than ever before. The Mississippi State University (MSU) dorms dimension depend on the residence hall. All Diploma Frames 20% Off With Code GRAD20 All Diploma Frames . Bedding. Full time enrollment is 1,334 and part time is 698. Cases rise to 377:Coronavirus: 2nd Mississippi death confirmed by Health Department, Map:Shows coronavirus cases in Mississippi, across the United States. I loved the band!!! Wow, this is so chic! There is never a dull moment when you a delta devil.