This blog is for preview purposes only and all music downloaded should be deleted within 24 hours. His wife of nine years, Amber Kyzer, was being unfaithful, Jones said, and had moved out of the house, leaving him with the children. Shawn Jones (born 1976 [1] in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma ), is an American singer-songwriter and the founding member of the indie rock group The Lovely Sparrows . A religious liberty newsletter that is a must-read for people of faith. Watch how God can take one spark and turn it into a wildfire that impacts your ministry, your community and even future generations. "He was truly a man of God. He took some water and he drank some more water (for a second time), sat down and was speaking and he passed out," Woodson said. Rest Easy Shawn! 1. To enjoy our website, you'll need to enable JavaScript in your web browser. What happens when we center whiteness in Black sacred spaces? In the wake of his death, many are left grappling with wonder of how such a young man who appeared physically healthy could die so suddenly? Brad Johansen Leaving NBC4 Columbus: Where Is the Anchor Going? [He] had a massive heart attack while performing with the group wrote one of the concertgoers on YouTube. You will truly be missed!" A day before his death, R&B singer Charlene Keys, popularly known as Tweet,was so moved by a video of the preacher singing, "I've Come Too Far to Turn Around," she shared it with her audience. In the last 20 years, Shawn has served as a Youth Pastor, a full-time Evangelist, a State Youth Director and as a Lead Campus Pastor. I stayed there three nights in the hospital but nobody knows about it because I keep it private," she said. "There were several medical people in the building and they tried to revive him. "They contained themselves well and they were praying for him in their own little spirit. Jones leaves behind his wife Dominica, as well as three children, according to his church's website. "There were several medical people in the building and they tried to revive him. It had a little jazzy feel to it and this was my first time hearing him but I was very impressed. Our sincerest. I looked down, picked up the mic, I start singing again. Jones was 32. On Saturday, Jones collapsed fatally at The Event Centerin Pensacola shortly after he began singing "Worthy Is He." Sometimes today, I still can't believe it. The latest breaking Christian news you need to know about as soon as it happens. You can watch both events LIVE here. And while the risk of suffering a stroke increases with age, strokes can occur at any age. You are only allowed to leave one flower per day for any given memorial. So here we are. We can't be "one nation, under God" when we're not all seen as God's own. He. Jones' memorial service will be held Tuesday, Nov. 28 at 10:30 a.m. "One of the members of the Believers is my cousin, you are right, massive heart attack, due to blood clot," he said of why Jones died. 108 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from 'pastorshawnjones' hashtag #pastorshawnjones | 816.6K people have watched this. https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/185420921/shawn-michael-jones. ", There has been no official word on Jones' cause of death from his immediate family but extended family have publicly saidthe beloved minister suffered a fatal stroke. National Institute of Christian Leadership (NICL). Other signs of a stroke also include trouble speaking or understanding; sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body; sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes; sudden trouble walking; dizziness, loss of balance or coordination, according to the Stroke Association. The church and Jones' supporters held The Shawn Jones Legacy Concert on Monday, November 27, at 6:00 pm, as well as a memorial service on Tuesday morning atPilgrim Rest Baptist Church. You had such a loving spirit that people enjoyed being in the presence of and a beautiful talent that touched many hearts. It was a shock because he is a young man," he continued. It had a little jazzy feel to it and this was my first time hearing him but I was very impressed. I was just joking and talking to you Tues telling you "You need to sit down somewhere" and your response with a big grin was "I promise I'm going to slow down lil cuz" and we both laughed and I said, "No you won't. To enjoy our website, you'll need to enable JavaScript in your web browser. "He captivated many hearts and minds and I feel in my heart that many will come to the Lord because he had that spirit inside of him that would draw you to Christ. He was just 32. Learn about how to make the most of a memorial. He was just 32. You will truly be missed!" And you laughed and said 'you 'bout right.' For many, our path towards healing begins and ends with prayer and supplication. You have chosen this person to be their own family member. Thats why we view every news story through the lens of faith. You may not upload any more photos to this memorial, This photo was not uploaded because this memorial already has 20 photos, This photo was not uploaded because you have already uploaded 5 photos to this memorial, This photo was not uploaded because this memorial already has 30 photos, This photo was not uploaded because you have already uploaded 15 photos to this memorial. He's just phenomenal. If you have questions, please contact [emailprotected]. "And one would wonder why you praising God and doctor said you had a light stroke. Trump: If you put me back in the White House, 'America will be a free nation once again', The Gospel Coalition takes down 'Sex Won't Save You' article; Rick Warren calls for apology, Wife of pastor killed by reckless driver breaks down in testimony, CPAC: Vivek Ramaswamy warns of 3 secular religions, proposes 'national revival' not separation, From a progressive Christian antagonist to an orthodox Christian advocate, In Haiti, big money for orphanages can endanger children, 7 signs of failed Christian leadership in business, My agonizing question after Nigeria's presidential election, Ukraine war exposes weaknesses in Russia and the West, Gospel Singer, Preacher Shawn Jones Said to Have Struggled With Heart Health Prior to Death, 32-Y-O Pastor, Gospel Singer Shawn Jones, Dies While Singing 'Worthy Is He', Church Attacked After Alabama Pastor Says He Would Back Roy Moore Even If Sexual Assault Allegations Are True, 'Touched by an Angel' Star Della Reese Dies at 86, Actors Praise Exemplary Life, Wife of pastor killed in crash caused by intoxicated red light runner breaks down in testimony, ELCA's first trans bishop sues after being removed from office, Eastview Christian Church pastor resigns after son is fired from Central Christian Church for adultery, A historic first: Vietnam allows Franklin Graham to hold evangelism event with 300 churches, Third generation pastor, convicted felon, allegedly sold church for $600K to support drug habit. !..FOUND HIM @theshawnjones85. It was a shock because he is a young man," he continued. More than a third of people who have a TIA and don't get treatment have a major stroke within one year, the CDC says. Be on the look out for brand. On Saturday (November 18), Jones was performing with the quartet at Pensacola, Florida. The thought of knowing I will never hear you sing "Stay", "Undertaker Man", "Worthy" and "Depending" again; Or you hollering Little O when u see me approaching you for a hug; or even hear that laugh you do in the middle of your songs while you tapping your foot on the floor and grooving to the beat is devastating. Losing It: I Left the Church & Never Looked Back. The late founding pastor of New Thing Empowerment Church was slated to be the headline act at her concert at Northview High School in Dothan, Alabama, on Sunday. A religious liberty newsletter that is a must-read for people of faith. Rest in Peace. That post sent fans into a frenzy demanding to know what happened to Jones. Reynolds' concert became an impromptu memorial. Pastor Shawn Jones) 4:41. "I guess the young man got hot. And I was singing but I didn't know what I was singing myself. We have set your language to No animated GIFs, photos with additional graphics (borders, embellishments. Shawn Jones was part of the gospel singing group known as the Alabama Spirituals before forming his own southern gospel quartet, Shawn Jones & The Believers. Jennifer Jones 22 November 2017 | 5:01 PM The 32-year-old gospel singer and founding pastor of New Thing Empowerment Church, Shawn Jones, has collapsed and died while singing "Worthy He Is" on stage in an incident on Saturday night that has left his congregants shocked and saddened. "It's hard to wrap my head around the thought that I will never see your smile again. Drag images here or select from your computer for Rev Shawn Michael Jones Sr. memorial. You are nearing the transfer limit for memorials managed by Find a Grave. To contact us or to submit an article, click here. Is Ant Clemons Related to Clarence Clemons? That song plays over and over in my head," she said. "They contained themselves well and they were praying for him in their own little spirit. Yashica LaRease Williams, who identified herself as the preacher's cousin, told mourners on Instagram that he suffered a stroke and lamented her final moments with him. Play. DeSantis appointed board members on Monday after he signed a bill into law dismantling Disney's self-governing abilities. Rest well, my friend and brother. Jones also sang with his father-in-law's group, The Alabama Spirituals, for several years. Last Friday night I was in Baltimore, Maryland, running a revival. Please click here to learn how. [They said] you need to go to the emergency room. So this was really a wake-up call for me. Translation on Find a Grave is an ongoing project. #pastorshawnjones Hashtag Videos on TikTok. Search above to list available cemeteries. It is a common refrain of those who die in church. cemeteries found in Rockford, Coosa County, Alabama, USA will be saved to your photo volunteer list. 'Lord I'm Depending on You.' For memorials with more than one photo, additional photos will appear here or on the photos tab. They performed with gospel greats like Lee Williams & The Spiritual QCs, Rev. Explore. He had a heart attack after performing in Florida Saturday night. We will always love you @theshawnjones85," the group said in an Instagram post. Gospel Singer Shawn Jones Dies On Stage While Singing Worthy Is He, Donnie McClurkin Repairing Broken Relationship With 12-Year-Old Son Matthew, Top 10 Civil Rights Protest Songs Of All Time, One of Gospel Music's Giant Has Passed -- Ms. Lecresia Campbell, The Clergy Respond To Letter From a Birmingham Jail. Nice to meet you and here's a virtual handshake from me to you. Please reset your password. I said 'wow, this is gonna be nice. Please enter your email address and we will send you an email with a reset password code. It wasn't until three days later, the following Monday, that Jones saw a doctor. They were tight," Woodson told CP. Previously sponsored memorials or famous memorials will not have this option. "I know he has been to the doctor since that happened. Leading his musical group, Shawn Jones & the Believers, he led the congregation in a rousing adulation of the faithfulness of Jesus in their signature number "Worthy is He." Close this window, and upload the photo(s) again. Memories- Pastor Shawn Jones made 12-01-17 Gospel Singer Collapse Alabama Performance News Gospel Singer & Pastor Shawn Jones Collapses, Dies During Performance | CBN News Ladies Night Nichole Worthy Night Out Playlist Singing Believe Feature YouTube Praise Music Gospel Music I Love Music New Music Tamela Mann Give Me Strength Christian Music Kate Forbes: Would a Christian be permitted to lead Scotland. Rest well my friend and brother. The most common indicators of a stroke that requires dialing 911 are face drooping, arm weakness, and speech difficulty. Pastor Shawn Jones (R.I.P.) 1 song 4 minutes, 41 seconds. To add a flower, click the Leave a Flower button. Really. While the informal cause is a heart attack, the official cause of death has not been released 1. "Everyone went into shock. Done! The group started out as a regional group, however in recent years they had broken out nationally with the release of their 2016 project entitled "Victory". You can always change this later in your Account settings. "Let me tell you how I know that He's good all the time. Even when they arent religiously opposed to medical treatment (such as Jehovahs Witnesses and blood transfusions), they still choose faith over medicine. Bolton eulogist.Funeral arrangements by Wright's Funeral Home. I have also had to do an intervention on a family member with a brain tumor (not malignant) about to lose her sight because she didnt want to have it removed and God would heal her without surgery. The service will also be streamed on the website. I said 'Lord, have mercy on me.' The cause of Jones' death was not announced. He was called into the Ministry at age 16. After that nobody slept," she told The Christian Post in an interview Monday. He took some water and he drank some more water (for a second time), sat down and was speaking and he passed out," Woodson told the Post. 2021-12-20T02:38:31Z Comment by Brenda watts. How can we believe these things yet simply accept deaths like Jones? A gifted singer, he also formed his quartet group, Shawn Jones & The Believers around the same period. Jones choice of faith over medicine has cost a wife her husband and three children their father. Join thousands of others to get the FREEDOM POST newsletter for free, sent twice a week from The Christian Post. He appreciates how the JBC family hungers for the Word of God and serves Christ aggressively. The email does not appear to be a valid email address. There is a problem with your email/password. To use this feature, use a newer browser. Why is same-sex marriage an issue in the election of the new Scottish First Minister? If I was the devil I'd hate me too!! And, he did. FACT CHECK: Dave Ramsey Made a Statement About America Online, FACT CHECK: CIA Director Gina Haspel Found Dead, FACT CHECK: Kwik Trip Launches Kwik Strip Gentlemens Clubs, Della Reese Wiki: Cause of Death, Net Worth, Husband, Kids, & Facts to Know, What Happened to Gia Banks Face? But the pastors wife had hospital deliveries with epidurals and pain pills at home when all 4 of her children was born. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Shawn Jones family and The Believers. I walked over and handed him the mic and sat down. It is not known who he is survived by. He was only 32 years old. "It was a wake-up call to several people because there are a lot of people just walking around with things going on. | (Photo: Facebook) Gospel singer and founding pastor of New Thing Empowerment Church, Shawn Jones, began singing with his band of believers shortly after 8 p.m. at The Event Center in Pensacola, Florida, on Saturday. He had a heart attack after performing in Florida Saturday night. Please enter your email and password to sign in. she added. Thank you for subscribing! He took a few gulps of water before deciding to sit down and continue the performance. Muere en el pulpito cantando tena solo 32 aos el verdadero motivo de su muerte, When Blackface Enters the Pulpit: Vicki Yohe, Paula White, & the Problem with the Black Pass. They had 3 children. Include gps location with grave photos where possible. An Open Letter response to Tina Campbell & her support of Donald Trump. "They were doing a fantastic job. Famous for performing with his quartet, The Believers, his death comes as a shock for scores of gospel music fans. Hope youll give us another try and check out some other articles. When asked about how Jones had been managing his medical issues since testifying about his stroke last summer, Reynolds said she knows he had been to the doctor since the episode but didn't know much else. Writing on The Old Black Church blog, Von Brownsaid he is related to a member of the Believers band and that Jones was warned by doctors about eight months ago to slow down after he suffered a blood clot. Your Scrapbook is currently empty. And I was singing but I didn't know what I was singing myself. "It was just devastating. "It's just heartbreaking, to go there then and not see him, it just really put everything on pause. I would argue that his stroke was not an attack of the enemy, but a cry from his body for care. One of his songs that keeps ringing in my heart, ringing in my head and I hear him sing it. There kids also took plenty of Tussin when they had colds while I was expected to endure extreme menstrual cramps (suspected by a gyno I later went to on my own to be a result of endometriosis) with tongues and heating pads only. Many are wondering what happened to Shawn Jones. Pastor Shawn Jones an artist, preacher and friend to all, gone but to forever live in the lives he touched. Kenneth Woodson, manager of The Event . They took him to the back and were trying to revive him but then, of course, the sorrow was in the building," the manager said. November 26, 2017 Entertainment. This weekend the Southern Gospel Quartet world lost a rising star--Pastor Shawn Jones died on stage during a performance Saturday night in Pensacola, FL. The two were seen hiking together February 21 in Los Angeles, but again, neither has commented on the nature of their. The audience joined in standing, clapping and singing along. A special legacy concert was held at the Pilgrim Rest Baptist Church in Montgomery, Alabama on Monday, Nov. 27. The concert will be streamed live athttp://www.shawnjoneslegacy.com. Leading his musical group, Shawn Jones & the Believers, he led the congregation in a rousing adulation of the faithfulness of Jesus in their signature number Worthy is He.. We know that we should go on to perform the same and greater works than He did in His time in flesh. His funeral service will take place on Nov. 28 at the same venue starting at 11 a.m. CST. Jones was well known for his dynamic stage presence and heartfelt message. To enjoy our website, you'll need to enable JavaScript in your web browser. Rapper Snoop Dogg also shared the video. We was really looking forward to it because that was like traditional. The first thing the devil said to me, 'you having a stroke,'" he recalled. Speaker. Follow God on the most fulfilling journey of your life with Encounter the Holy Spirit! Some medical people at the event immediately attempted to revive the gospel singer until emergency responders arrived, and many among the attendees prayed for the pastor as medics tried to bring him back. Watch short videos about # . I start having all kind of thoughts 'God I'm out in Baltimore all by myself.' Learn more about managing a memorial . Another of Jones' cousins,Yashica LaRease Williams, who said he suffered a stroke, recalled how she asked him to take life a little slower last week and he promised to slow down. Edit a memorial you manage or suggest changes to the memorial manager. Among racial groups, blacks also have the highest rate of death due to stroke. Shawn Jones, gospel singer and the founding pastor of the New Thing Empowerment Church in Auburn, Alabama, collapsed and died during a performance with his band recently in Pensacola, Florida. A fear that is quite literally killing us. [They said] you need to go to the emergency room. Copyright 2023 Interactive One, LLC. Pinterest. Error: There was an internal error submitting your form. Rest Easy Shawn! Jones' memorial service will be held Tuesday, Nov. 28 at 10:30 a.m. I honestly could end this post by the headline alone, but that would leave too much room for you to deny that youre once again projecting your bullshit onto Cardi B. Jones' memorial service will be held Tuesday, Nov. 28 at 10:30 a.m. "I looked at the pastor and he said 'you alright?' Are you sure that you want to delete this memorial? Famous for performing with his quartet, The Believers, his death comes as a shock for scores of gospel music fans. They tried to do what they could for him before the EMT got there.". You'll be in another state by the weekend.' I was just joking and talking to you Tuesday telling you, 'You need to sit down somewhere' and your response with a big grin was 'I promise I'm going to slow down lil cuz' and we both laughed and I said, 'No you won't. he asked the worshipers. Share this memorial using social media sites or email. The official cause of death and further details havent yet been revealed, but it is believed he suffered a heart attack. He replied to Dr. if I got to die, I want to die singing and preaching. and the Believers "Live in Gulfport" (Full show) PraiseGodTV 769K views 5 years ago Rejoice & Shout YouTube Movies Independent 2011 Free with ads PG Mix -. Shawn Jones was, undoubtedly, a man of strong religious convictions. "Your passing has not only devastated the ones that know you, not even just the people of Alabama, but hundreds and thousands around the country. Then it appeared that Jones was having trouble. Quickly see who the memorial is for and when they lived and died and where they are buried. Break away from past hurts and press into the One who wants a personal encounter with you. Help us continue to be a voice for truth in the media by supporting CBN News for as little as $1. Its not known what will happen to their future performances following Jones death. Research shows a majority of Americans don't seek emergency help after experiencing a TIA. Pastor Jones and his gospel band were performing as a closing act for the anniversary celebration of another band 'The Gospel Singingaires' on Saturday. She said she was aware of Jones' ongoing health struggle and like him, she had been working hard to please her fans with her music despite her recent diagnosis. Please click here to learn how. "It's hard to wrap my head around the thought that I will never see your smile again. This browser does not support getting your location. I was in Baltimore, Maryland, running a revival. You can watch the LIVE homegoing service below on Tuesday morning and afternoon: According to The Christian Post, shortly after Jones began singing "Worthy Is He," he passed out on stage to the shock of the audience. | (Photo: Facebook) Shawn Jones, a 32-year-old Alabama gospel singer and pastor who died during a spirited Christian event in Pensacola, Florida, on Saturday, said he relied on his faith in God instead of immediately seeking medical attention after suffering a "light stroke" at a revival service last summer. Failed to report flower. I looked down, picked up the mic, I start singing again. So I think it was his drive that kept him going," Jones' cousin, Brandy Lee-Harris, told The Christian Post. Jones' fatal collapse while performing at The Event Center in Pensacola, Florida, on Saturday night (Nov. 18), however, interrupted everything. Jones dismissed the crisis as an attack of the enemy and did not request medical assistance. As I finished preaching, sat down in the seat, pastor got the mic, gave it back to me and say gimme just a little bit more," the late preacher is recordedsaying. Rest Easy Shawn! In His Presence takes you to a deeper understanding of who God is and how he communicates with us. Charisma Leader Serving and empowering church leaders, Pastor, Gospel Singer Drops Dead During Performance, Click here to subscribe to our newsletter. 2023 The Christian Broadcasting Network, Inc., A nonprofit 501 (c)(3) Charitable Organization. Jones' fatal collapse while performing at The Event Centerin Pensacola, Florida, on Saturday night (Nov. 18), however, interrupted everything. "It was really shocking because he was such a young man. Michelle Muscatello Leaving WPRI: Where Is the Rhode Island Meteorologist Going? "I guess the young man got hot. From the Tuskegee Experiments to Henrietta Lacks and all of the atrocities before and since, Black bodies have repeatedly been unwilling experiments at the hands of doctors. AfghanistanWhere Faith Is a Matter of Life and Death. Prophetic messages from respected leaders & news of how God is moving throughout the world. "I went to the doctor and I was in hospitalization. I didnt know who he was before November 21, but I do know, Dear White Jesus: Im Breaking Up With You. And you laughed and said "you bout right." pastor shawn jones last performance. As friends, family and well-wishers continued grieving the death of Alabama pastor and gospel singer Shawn Jones on Wednesday, some claim the beloved preacher had been struggling with his heart in recent months but refused to curtail his intense ministry schedule. It has been evident to me in many interactions with the oil and tary set that much their faith is really fear and superstition about doctors more than true belief in God. I grew up in a church where medical attention was shunned and even Tylenol and cold medicine were preached against as tools to lower your ability to tary until healing came. Yes, the woman at the well touched the hem of Jesus garment and became healed, but Jesus is no longer physically walking this earth. My son woke me up probably about 10:15 that night. Also available on most smart TVs and streaming services. He took a step back after the song and collapse on stage due to heart attack [sic] wrote another. Resend Activation Email, Please check the I'm not a robot checkbox, If you want to be a Photo Volunteer you must enter a ZIP Code or select your location on the map. One of his nominees was former pastor Ron Peri, who is also the CEO of The . The sponsor of a memorial may add an additional. "It was always what he wanted to do. We sing with deep conviction that God is a lawyer in the courtroom and a doctor in the sick room. We invoke the power of Christ by pleading the blood of Jesus over our lives. The first thing the devil said to me, you having a stroke,' he recalled. But something in the back of my head said, 'I don't believe he brought me this far to leave me now,'" he told the congregation. The microphone slipped from his hand several times despite repeated attempts to maintain his grasp. Shawn Jones, gospel singer and the founding pastor of the New Thing Empowerment Church in Auburn, Alabama, collapsed and died during a performance with his band recently in Pensacola, Florida. Shawn Jones & The Believers. I said wow this is gonna be nice. . B George Edwards Full Show Gulfport Quartet Chores Praise Ripped Fans stood their in shock as band members went to help him. yall real good . Flowers added to the memorial appear on the bottom of the memorial or here on the Flowers tab. FREE NICL MINI-COURSE - Enroll for 3-hours of training from Dr. Rutland's full leadership course. 2,145 were here. Jones made the revelation at the Miracle Missionary Baptist Churchin Alexander City, Alabama, in what was meant to be an encouraging testimonyduring the anniversary celebration of female gospel group Ruth Black Burns & The Harmonetteson Aug. 27, 2016.