Receive expert tips on using phones, computers, smart home gear and more. 14) Start a Knitting or crocheting group making some of our favorite projects, i.e., booties, hats, blankets, etc. If someone is in need of deeper, and more specific help, advise them to go to the bishop, or speak with the Relief Society President personally. Save the Children, a global children's aid charity, started a Coronavirus Response Fund because, while children are at a lower risk for contracting the virus, their Ride your bike While staying at home is what is called for right now, if you need to go somewhere during quarantine, do it by bike if you can. Many women enter the temple independent of these two events some are college students, some are single working women, some are new converts, some are coming back into activity. Tending to something green will give you a taste of nature while you're stuck inside, and the small acts of caring for your plant can even count as self care. Keeping the goal high keeps it special, making it a sacred and truly memorable moment. Stress, Loneliness, Overcommitment, and Lawyer Suicide Risk, 3 Tips to Improve Student Mental Health, New Study Shows Mindfulness Helps Prevent Depression, The Biggest Lie You've Been Told About Stress Relief, The Psychological Risks of Cancer Screening, You Need These 3 Ingredients to Build Stress Resilience, Catching Stress: Your Social World Can Be a Source of Stress. 1) FORM A COMMUNITY GROUP, in your Relief Society, that studies issues locally or globally. And for someone who has purposely chosen to make themselves worthy to enter (no matter what their past was) is absolutely what should be celebrated. A helpful tip on stocking the pantry wisely is. Your diet can wait until this craziness is over. 1) Invite sisters to share their Cultural Dress, Dance, Food, etc. 0000079132 00000 n providing minimal detail in response to questions. This content is imported from twitter. 12) In October, with the help of all the sisters, find, visit, evaluate, all who need help for Christmasfrom the active to the inactive (even non-members). 7) Sports Night Spend an evening where everyone can learn the playing rules of their husbands favorite sport. 3. trailer <<8653935A6ED44809BF25FAE6381116CB>]/Prev 221083/XRefStm 2194>> startxref 0 %%EOF 185 0 obj <>stream Are you tired of takeout? 13) Set up a bartering system; trade goods, skills, and labor. Try activities that are solitary like cooking, playing music, baking, taking a hot bath, learning an online class, taking an online museum tour, drawing, journaling, or reading. E9(. Even kids of the same age have different interests, needs, 0000046539 00000 n Researchers found that the longer the quarantine, the harder it is. 17) Brainstorm ways your ward can protect the family, then do something about it: FHE ideas, boycott any outside activity on Monday nights, create a neighborhood garden where everyone weeds and works together, fill your home with Mormon art made by yourself or others, etc. Provide meals, cleaning supplies, and visits. Physical exercise is really important, though this may be particularly hard in urban areas, but consider jump roping, a. It transforms the giver and the receiver., Fridays are for forgiveness. In the early days, when they had nothing, it was the sisters who rallied together to make it happen. Read more:5 sunrise alarm clocks that will wake you up gently. 10) Teach the YM how to sew on a button, fix a hem, plan and cook a meal, wash clothes, etc. 2) Organize and make FHE ideas, visuals, responsibility charts, etc. If you want to get creative, write a short story based on one ofthese prompts. 3) Communication Ask a coach/couple to teach healthy couple interaction. 9) Gather housekeeping tips and tricks. Put it all on the ward website, page, or create a booklet, for all the women in the ward, including the YW. The bad acts are almost more entertaining than the good ones. Make it so fun everyone will want to attend. Invite the children occasionally, to bring families together in the learning process. (Please think outside the box, the lessons are very dated.). Engineering prints start a $1.79 for a 18 x 24 black and white image. Meditation apps are an accessible way to institute a mindfulness regimen into your daily life. 8) Pick one or two projects from my list of 101 Family History ideas, and work together to complete it. 1) Store or Prepare Foods Together: Go shopping, can foods, freeze meals together. Social Distancing Activities That Are Legit Fun, 8 Things You Can Do Right Now to Feel Better. As an Amazon Associate we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases. Get the help you need from a therapist near youa FREE service from Psychology Today. 6) Organize a support group for parents of troubled youth OR guide parents to the CHURCH SUPPORT GROUPS: Drug Rehab, LDS Social Services, Employment, etc. If your friends and family are local, meet them for a coffee, walk, or run while practicing physical distancing guidelines. How Psychologically Conditioned Rats Are Defusing Landmines, The Innate Intelligence Observed in the Dying Process. IH:@L8%-1@XUI? For every letter of the alphabet we were to say three different statements using a word. 0000002365 00000 n QrAwJ%!Ys$]u]2E\ L E3&t9U `gu]30&Ig3s/jA;9*q-,8dDeG }6d|)/l`]qr!/ WebMD says that regular expression of gratitudecan help lower stress levels and even improve your immune system. Think of someone who has done something you appreciate, and take a few minutes to write them a thank you note. Honestly it didnt feel right. Linda, The Little Book of Laughter was a handout that was created by the laughter club representative. 1) Have a committee who prepares kits for sisters to complete at home make kits available every week baby blankets to crochet or sew around, dolls & toys, booklets, etc. For more information about the work of salvation and exaltation, study chapter 1. 0000086297 00000 n 0000030400 00000 n The typical answer is, Oh, not much. Facebook/LinkedIn image: Bogdan Sonjachny/Shutterstock. 5) Discuss Conference talks pull out from the talks what weve been asked to do. Challenge and report on what youve done to obey. Great tips and idea. 0000082977 00000 n I posted on my IG Stories about it, and asked for QuaranTHEME suggestions and OOTD picture. WebJul 29, 2020 - Explore Cd Kunz's board "Relief Society Quarantine Ideas" on Pinterest. If you have the outdoor space, try growing vegetables, too. The premise of laughter therapy is to start laughing for no reason, but fake laughter can turn into real laughter and ultimately it is to help let go of your inhibitions and be in the moment. These attitudes and states of mind rob us of laughter. There is much we can all do to help. 9) Create a Relief Society Prayer Roll. Urge sisters to pray for one another. hb``d`0``c` @1v710T-` 8ZMV&n}hKTZ'd4R>2~-)Sre+k(AGGT+\@ I H d1a"./'qc$C(c8C*|cEOhP+X.:C$NgqY10vr20Ocg8`A!0LeP@q&$ We are the female army of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We have a work to do, so make sure your Relief Societies are working toward the Glory of the Son of God. It's 2020, y'all -- crocheting isn't just for grandmas anymore. You may have misunderstood what I said or I may have said it wrong. I am probably to serious and have a hard time letting go. Having said that, I offer this idea free for others to use as they see fit. The foundation of lower abdominal and a pelvic strengthening program starts with deep breathing or learning diaphragmatic breathing. 0000037385 00000 n y.wjc756Q/%5c2f+[k- vh0KBIb},aIQVe-( I@nZ.R(GIPS4Z!k9@Ga[R?9la[SlEomoHicO^Z>FN&GQ8:(PY97T LOEWJ:TW8i~1Y$ZypuL:zM}a4aF'%?2k7' According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), sun exposure will help your brain release the hormone serotonin, which is a natural mood enhancer. Is there an activity that you normally do indoors that you can take outside? Sorry, I cant. When you forgive, you dont change the past, you change the future, Weekends are for chocolate If youve got melted chocolate all over your hands, youre eating it too slowly!. I was in charge of creating quotes about happiness which I had printed using Engineering prints from Staples. When Should I Get It? 0000088266 00000 n Turn on your favorite comedy, play a card game or board game with your family, or phone a friend. Ive always thought this would be a great way to keep young people connected with older people. This can be held once a week or once a month. Your body posture can definitely influence your emotions. The ward should be there to help one another with ideas, advice, motivation, no-cost activities; with no shame, only unconditional love. 3) Cooking Create an On-Line Recipe Book that all the sisters can tap into: Everyone contributes, tips on menu planning, notification on sale items, etc. This is made harder by the daily activities that are no longer accessible (e.g., going to the gym or yoga, seeing friends for dinner, shopping for food). Check on your elderly neighbors or those who might not have resources to get enough food, water, or supplies. 5) PRACTICE Emergency Situations climbing out of a burning house, turning off gas, setting up shelter, setting up and maintaining a porta potty, meeting at a specified location, organizing the church building as a shelter, etc. Read more:The best essential oil diffuser for 2020. This temple shower is an opportunity to place honor on this very special event, marking it as a beautiful achievement. In hard times, remember the old adage: laughter is the best medicine. Keep all discussions hopeful, helpful, and non-judgmental. Learn More, Relief Society Activity Idea: Finding Joy in Christ and in Life with Laughter Therapy, Baby Shower Gift Idea: DIY 12 Month Onesies, Printable Alphabet Handwriting Practice Sheets for Kids, Free Printable Alphabet Coloring Pages for Kids, Best Water Brush Pen for Watercolor Crafts, Artists Loft Watercolor Dual Tip Marker [Review & Guide], 5 Best Papers For Brush Pens [Buying Guide], Mondays are for compliments.- A kind word often goes unspoken, but never goes unheard., Tuesdays are for flexibility- A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour., Wednesdays are for gratitude As you go through life, let this always be your goal: Keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole!, Thursdays are for kindness Kindness is like magic. We continued to do this for a word with every letter of the alphabet. x+:Uo1oVc]Y ;j8. 7) Organize a Writing YourPersonal History Class. I'm Eligible for a Second COVID Vaccine Booster. Thanks for sharing. Third, the phrase Young Women who safeguarded their virtue implies that that those who have made mistakes dont or wont go to the temple. QuaranTHEME of the Day is just a bit of fun, a chance to be silly, and maybe even something to look forward to. 3. For maximum effect, put on some warm socks and a TV show you've already watched playing in the background. I found out about the project because I follow the creator on Twitter, .css-tjvzc4{-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;text-decoration-thickness:0.0625rem;text-decoration-color:inherit;text-underline-offset:0.25rem;color:inherit;-webkit-transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out;transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out;border-bottom:thin solid #6F6F6F;}.css-tjvzc4:hover{color:#595959;text-decoration-color:border-link-body-hover;}@thecultureofme. You may know crocheting as the lesser-esteemed sibling of knitting, but that's why I chose it. The first laughter club started with 5 people in a park in 1995. Feel free to get loose with the format -- stream of consciousness poetry, idea mapping and simply word vomiting are all fantastic options. 0000075345 00000 n When I offer some of the ideas Ive come up with for this site, to those friends who seem to have no vision, some of the comments I get back are, Oh, that wouldnt work, Not enough sisters come, We like to keep things simple. It breaks my heart to hear the RS President wont go for anything like that, or worse, the bishop just wants us to socialize and befriend some of the new sisters. There is a vision in Relief Society that must take hold for sisters to realize we dont have to go it alone in our own homes; we have Relief Society to help us, train us, and inspire us to do better. 0000063687 00000 n TikTok watching on all weekend. With the COVID-19 quarantine recommendations being 14 days, we can expect and plan for more psychological stress after the 10-day turning point. I, myself, have taken in many different situations, similar to what youve mentioned, keeping the sacredness and specialness intact. PostedMarch 31, 2020 So my friends and I decided to start a virtual book club to (a) feel like were being social and (b) actually get excited about reading. 3) Invite the Gospel Doctrine Teacher (or any scholar) to TEACH A RELIGION CLASS a continuation of the Sunday lesson, or other. Well judge based on presentation and creativity, not taste (duh). Sam Feher, 22, Cosmopolitan editorial assistant, I signed up for a pen pal project called Friend of a Friend, where youre matched with a stranger who you then start trading emails with. Want CNET to notify you of price drops and the latest stories? 0000037469 00000 n I have subscribed to your rss feed which need to do the trick! 0000048652 00000 n The best fun of all is to go shopping together! Freaking! 1) Marriage Panel Ask long-marrieds to be on a panel where any question can be asked with an honest answer. You might have to come up with your own questions at first, but if you have this activity repeated at various times in the year, maybe focusing on various topics, with various couples on your panel, people may loosen up enough to ask really good questions. 2023 CNET, a Red Ventures company. 11) Designate a day to do humanitarian projects; Certain hours in the daytime, certain hours in the evening to include everyone. 2) Teach DI or Garage Sale shopping basics. These are typically held at the church and are a wonderful opportunity to visit, learn, share and 6) Discuss and practice the principles in A Heart Like His. Feel free to follow along or join in with me on IG, @Hkohen12. Harrison Kohen, 25, creative strategist. I spoke to Tara Martello, a meditation and mindfulness coach, who told me about how trying to be uber-productive adds unnecessary pressure to an already tense situation, and how we can institute basic meditative practices into our quarantined lives instead. One example is the Cell Phone Laugh, where you are encouraged to laugh while holding an imaginary phone and waving hi to others in the group. Being able to enter the temple is the reward. 2) Invite YW and Activity Day Girls, as often as you can, to teach them how to make these items, visit with them, and set a standard of excellence in charity work. If you try any ideas please come back and share how it went. Exercise can help you live a happier life. Keep your mind sharp during quarantine by learning something new. friendships. avoiding making eye contact. 0000028592 00000 n 0000075764 00000 n For at-home workouts, follow the HITT Facebook page. She studies English at Cal Poly, and loves philosophy, Karl the Fog and a strong cup of black coffee. Try to keep your routine as close to going to work as possible, including wearing work clothes and changing at the end of the day to provide firm boundaries to the workday. There is nothing listed that is expensive, hard, or one dimensional. Variety and fun are the staff of life. 15) Remember Pursuit of Excellence? Get a group together, or work on your own, to achieve this goal and create a great award when completed. Or a bread baking day. You will have an instant visual of how much work has, or hasnt, been done. If this sounds familiar to you, I have good news -- there are plenty of activities you can do to help you feel grounded and less anxious. Laughter Therapy Sounds a little silly right? All you need is paper and a pen (or your computer) and some ideas. Do not underestimate the benefits of simply relaxing. Be generous. Type your name only with your nose. ) Most Relief Society organizations hold monthly or quarterly activities. 4) Encourage volunteering for online indexing. Youve probably already participated in a virtual happy hourand if you havent, grab a glass of wine and FaceTime your friends ASAPbut thats not the only online activity you can do with your crew. Share with us what you're up to while staying at home and what has been helpful for you! Outdated Browser, Thrift Shop Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society (NMCRS), Marine Corps Reunion Toolkit and Resources, Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month: Inclusive Play Spaces Across Marine Corps Installations, Learning Sportsmanship and Team Spirit Through Sports. Organize Americas Got Talent having your ward perform. 0000124529 00000 n 3) Invite yourselves to a YMs activity and participate with them even if theyre just playing basketball. Create a daily routine to add structure to your day so that you keep track of your stay at home on a calendar. 13) Look at your pedigree in a Fan Chart on FamilySearch.org. their loved ones, and say goodbye. If you feel overwhelmed by the state of the world and need to relax, do these activities. Clothing brand Paradised made and donated hundreds of non I love this RS activity idea. This is challenging because so many areas are low on food supplies or food delivery might be slowed (as it is currently in New York City). I am going to make another parallel here to Physical Therapy (because that is what I know). People who are quarantined due to exposure to someone who tested positive report a wide range of negative psychological effects including fear, confusion, nervousness, anger, grief, numbness, sadness, guilt, and difficulty sleeping due to anxiety. Because of it, my girls and I arent missing out on our weekly movie nights. Making food sometimes feels like a chore, but it can be a way to experiment and feel a small sense of accomplishment, all while doing something fun. 0000064104 00000 n 1) One is a playgroup for the stay-at-home moms. And you should def be taking advantage of them because talking to a friend can help you feel less alone and, TBH, its sooo nice to hear a voice besides your own or your roommates or the TV. Great list but I was REALLY turned off by your temple showers definition. just read the ideas and was really impressed and am excited to use the ideas. 13) Volunteer at a church, or community, venuetour guide, docent, host, etc. 0000036904 00000 n Supporting Quarantine Shelters: To the extent our resources allow, and only when our government partners dont have the capability, weve fulfilled more than 200 The grounding practice can be helpful during Members Also, researchers concluded that public health officials should stress the altruistic choice of self-isolating to help reduce stress. As you exercise and work to strengthen your body and improve your posture this helps improve overall body alignment and relieve pain which can help with your overall attitude. 0000059016 00000 n You can alsouse journalingas a way to identify unhelpful behaviors and process youranxietyin a healthier way. With this same idea: do all you can to help them with their calling, remember them with announcements and activities, include them as much as you can in what the RS is doing. 0000030212 00000 n The examples those early sisters have been to us has been forgotten. The Chrome extension adds a chat room to the screen, so we can talk shit and yell at the characters together, you know, like normal people do. Alexis Bennett, 31, Cosmopolitan shopping editor, Jackbox.tv is quite fun. xrx$4Bl5DF_ iqAV|Z)F~R[9Za=j Cute! Or, you can journal. Older sisters know how to recycle, reuse and redo.Younger sisters know how to shortcut, juggle, and think outside the box. Staff Report. Ask them about their lives. Thank you for your time and effort in offering these inspiring ideas! Know that you are not alone. 10) Ask your stake or ward leaders what service may be rendered to members: Form Service Groups, classes, consultations, support, etc.. Confinement leads to a loss of the usual routine, changes in social and physical contact with others, and an increased sense of isolation. In an attempt to keep each other motivated (and hold each other accountable! Related News COVID-19 Anxiety The health, financial and psychological impact of COVID-19 is unprecedented and at this point, includes a lot of Try this exercise: "If I didn't have to be perfect, I would try ____" and list 20 things without judging yourself. Take the time to relax while social distancing. 9) Meet together to discuss a specific topic and allow open discussion Parenting skills; Support in Caring for the Elderly; Judging Popular Music, Video Games, and Media; Community issues What can we do to protect our families? 8) Invite a Panel Of Youth to answer your questions about how they think, what their needs are, what they wish their parents would know. 0000038622 00000 n Take a break from the news and schedule some time for laughter. I respectfully disagree with you. 6) How To Produce A Romantic Dinner Teach a classfrom cooking the meal (something modest, but special), to setting the table, to suggested music, to conversation. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site. Each quarter for my church we have a meeting where we get together as a the women of the church (aka the Relief Society) and do an activity. Love it. >p0~$R\BmZ Po@+tPq ?j4V(8:IjH*'wher-@k}Z5$~B:*|Mr(t#uf#(q Qc$t@/u.dgfLizQai6*TFL; 2OI7XG2;Z5eCB&2:atmtV~EnW WebRelief Society leaders plan Sunday meetings, activities, ministering, service, and other interactions to help women participate in the work of salvation and exaltation. Surely, if these ideas dont interest you, they may trigger better-suited ideas that are usable for your situation. If you're interested in starting a puzzle (and you can do them alone, too) check out Walmart's selection to be delivered to your home. Or hold an additional study class just for them. Mental Health Month Quarantine Edition. Social distancing, on top of all the other ramifications of this global pandemic, feels really daunting but its important to stay connected and hopefully the best parts of social media will shine through and help connect us. Think conference calls, morning coffee, reading, etc. Press the pause button and let your mind and your body relax and/or meditate. It has different kinds of trivia games that you play with friends. Many services offer free trials, and the app Simple Habit is currently free through the end of April 2020 for support during the coronavirus pandemic. All of the laughter exercises ended with a HO-HO-HA-HA-HA which was combined with a rhythmic clapping, eye contact and smiles. 10) If your ward has a good mix of younger and older sisters, spend some time comparing then and nows, or try canning jam together, or create a grandma connection with the little ones. Here's a helpful guide to start growing fresh herbs at home -- you can even order all necessary components online. 6) If someone in the neighborhood needs help with their home, organize teams to clean, fix up, organize, reconstruct, etc. Great information. 12) Invite yourself to sit in Nursery to help with the little ones. Thank you. 0000029842 00000 n Researchers found that women who are pregnant or those with young children need more support during this time as they may experience higher levels of fear and concern. I know I am guilty of this especially in new situations where I sit with my arms closed and slumped posture which signals a closed off position where you are not inviting or welcoming to your surrounding. The 2 Most Psychologically Incisive Films of 2022, The Surprising Role of Empathy in Traumatic Bonding. 0000063991 00000 n Avoid checking the news or going online at night before sleep. It is important to get some fresh air, even during quarantine. Prepare for quarantine. Create a dinner group where you plan a weeks or months worth of dinners together. We also laid starbursts around the table. I have connected with new and old friends and witnessed the kindness of strangers and even corporations who rapidly are trying to donate food and supplies. 0000124030 00000 n 7) HOST THE YW in lessons on cooking, housecleaning, sewing, and organizing. Everyone has value. Even though you cant physically hang out with your friends rn, there are still fun things you can do together of the remote variety.