Photo by Michael Abrams Interiors - via Houzz. Thank you for your wonderful site. Revere Pewter is essentially a neutral/warm based gray. Oh my gosh,. Heather. I just found your blog because i am considering using Amherst grey on our exterior trim (not using white). Shop Now. It's a great choice if you love the color of Anew Gray but want something a little lighter and brighter. Im back at it on Tuesday though! Although it's dark, when paired with light colours, it really shines - bringing a warmth and liveliness to all colors.". Hi Mary, sorry for the delayed reply I hope you arent still struggling! Check out Revere Pewter, its definitely one of my faves! Revere Pewter and Repose Gray are similar in that they share the same green undertone, but when compared side by side, Repose Gray has a much cooler, bluish/purple undertone. Thank you for your help. Hi Jamie! Ahhh!!! Now call me old-fashioned, but sometimes when Im dealing with a colour that is closer to off-white than a definite colour, I like to use what I call off-the-shelf white (which Ben Moore doesnt carry). As for the cabinet finish i would definitely do satin, which is in between eggshell and semi-gloss. Read more:All About Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter, Revere Pewter is also gorgeous on kitchen cabinets and interior doors. https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/8-most-popular-blue-green-paint-colours-mix-sherwin-williams-and-benjamin-moore/. From light to dark and cool to warm-undertones, every color has viable other options. Thanks, BM Revere Pewter + BM Hale Navy. Revere Pewter HC-172; Benjamin Moore Bold Blue and Denim Wash with orange and emerald; Fashion-Inspired Paint Palette: Hot Lips and Scandinavian Blue; Benjamin Moore Rockport Gray HC-105; Blog at WordPress.com. Am I going crazy? It looks to be somewhere along the lines of BM Pashmina (knowing that cabinets tend to look lighter once they are painted and done). Hi Ali, YES, grays can be super tricky depending on your exposure, wood tones, etc Because of the amount of questions/emails that i get in a day, when it comes to personal questions, particularly ones where my reader is having issues I just have to refer to my Online Consulting, so I can see photos of the space and you can fill out a questionnaire, that way I can give you the RIGHT options. Im two days into owning my first home and am officially overwhelmed. Classic Gray is a beautiful off-white gray with subtle warmth to it. Green might peep through over time. Hi Diane! ~Kylie. Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter Review - A Gray to Calm - KnockOffDecor Thank you for your help! If youre sensitive to green, you might not like it, but if youre okay with a touch, it could be right up your alley! Im redoing my entry way, which is basically a two story room with staircase. But on the greige scale, Revere Pewter has more beige than gray in it. Along that train of thought I love Pale Avocado as it has just a touch more oomph to it (super technical term . (I told the painter to give me until Monday LOL). Revere Pewter is in the greige color family. 3. Add to Cart. Create My Dollop [object Object] Matching Colors. I do have fun and affordable packages! I plan on adding colors of rich light to medium blues for carpet, cloths etc. The painting area would be 2 complete walls and part of the thrid wall. I have a quick question, looking for a lighter hue that complements stonington gray for a room that faces south/east. The 9 Best Benjamin Moore Paint Colors - Kylie M Interiors Gorgeous! I honestly could tell very little difference between Revere Pewter and Wheat Bread - the Revere Pewter may have looked just a hint greyer and the Wheat Bread just a hint warmer but it was very close to the same color. Hi, please help! Well if I were to go on my thoughts wed be here allll day! Sparrow. Cool grays in a space with very little natural light and a partial Northern exposure will easily look too icy and cold. I left a comment last night, wondering what you thoughtabout my train wreck of golden oak and paint choices so far, but I dont see it posted anymore.wondering if you got it!! Bookshelves painted in Chelsea Gray by Benjamin Moore. ~Kylie. Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter: a complete color review Los Angeles based architect Tim Barber also combines this shade of gray walls successfully with yellow. Thank you so very much for your insight! our home is mid century modern with beams that travel from inside to outside. I have a white cabinet with white countertop and white trim. That would leave just a small amount of stucco and trim to be painted a color. More Benjamin | Small comfort for those with paint decision paralysis The floors are previously painted wood. Darker gray-blue blends as well as gray-green blends. Thank you Bert! Hi Kylie! 12 Rooms Painted in Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter Benjamin Moore's Revere Pewter has been an insanely popular greige paint color for many years now. Revere Pewter is a slightly warmer gray. Can you help, my painter is getting ready to paint and Im freaking-out! Agreeable Gray vs. Revere Pewter (Why I Changed My Mind) 5 Steps to Picking the Best EXTERIOR Paint Colour. It has an LRV of 74, so its pretty darned light while offering a bit of contrast with, If you keep the samples on their white paper, you can move them around the room. Rockport Gray pairs well with: Chantilly Lace OC-65. My Favorite Benjamin Moore Paint Colors - Evolution of Style Was originally thinking of playing it safe with revere pewter but worried its too heavy or cement looking in my space. Now Im unsure because I have wood looking tile floors that are a medium brown with dark flecks I guess, Hiya! The painter will be spraying the ceilings and I will be doing the rest of the painting. Hi Ginny! It is a dark black/charcoal granite. I'm so glad you're here! You can get a Samplize sample of Agreeable Gray {here}. But just because it LOOKS gray, doesnt mean that it doesnt have a sneaky undertone hiding inside specifically, purple. I have a wall and half in a bathroom to paint. The Top 9 Gray & Charcoal Paint Colours: Benjamin Moore. Hi Kylie, balance out the heat of a south-facing room. It's a nice neutral gray that doesn't go too cool and has a fairly light look. Revere Pewter vs. Repose Gray. LRVs range from 0-100, with 100 being pure white and 0 . ~Kylie. Looking to stay on the lighter side of the grays as an adjacent room has BM Willow Creek and just get a more rich look from aBM gray as the SW Light French Gray leaves a lot to desire. In particular, Muslin. I think it looks best paired with deep, bold colors that provide a pop of contrast to the gray. Revere Pewter is slightly warmer than some other comparable grays and has an earth-toned look when up against fresh and cool grays. I am currently struggling and overwhelmed with picking a color to paint our house exterior. they look great with cherry-toned cabinets. Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter with Coordinating Paint Colors I love the details about grays. Now with personal questions (especially ones with more details to consider like yours) I refer to my E-design, so I can see photos and you can fill out a questionnaire. I havent done much with Shoreline, but yes, you might find it a bit less colourful than the other 2, but it does still have some cool undertones and a lovely softness to it, so its not a crisp/cold gray. Gray is undoubtedly one of the most popular paint colours. This is a fun color to play around with because of the width and . LRV. Thanks! Bottom line, Agreeable Gray is a great neutral, but definitely has some taupe undertones . I could send you the u tube video so you can see a picture of the exterior also interior pictures before the renovations began. In this kitchen makeover, below, we used SW Mindful Gray on the cabinets. Hi Brook, check out Grant Beige and Bennington Gray both are right in Greige land and might be just what you are looking for! Thats good to know, Im going to check it out more! It can pick up a tiny (wee tiny) touch of green, but dont expect it to it heavily favours blue. Other. How true to color does the edgecomb stay in different (lower) lighting areas? I have a manchester tan in my living room with a peacock blue accent wall. However, I love the warm neutral greys that are currently out there but having such a hard time to pick a right greige color for our open concept due to the the fact that I have too much dark wood going one (I wished I had white trim). Hi Kylie! Our kitchen is small so I dont want to go dark to make the room smaller. ~Kylie. My Favorite Benjamin Moore Gray Paint Colors - A Home Crafter Sheen affects how a paint colour looks, and with the satin sheen (vs the standard eggshell on walls), it wouldve looked too soft at regular strength. I do try to give as much complimentary info on my blog as I can, and if that doesnt work it might be time for me to check out your home via my E-design, this way I can look at your exposure/flooring/decor, etc, otherwise Im just guessing! I would like some feedback for the color grays. Our furniture is mostly cream/white/neutral colors and our floors are white oak. Repose Gray vs. Benjamin Moore's Revere Pewter . Revere Pewter and Chelsea Gray - Favorite Paint Colors Blog Thank you so much! BM Edgecomb has an LRV of 63 compared to Revere's 55 so it will reflect more light in a room. So, Ive decided to paint it in my foyer and hallways. Is it north facing? The floors are a dark urban brown finish. counter top is pietra color, Hi Pina, thank you for your note! Any ideas? If it was a poor quality paint I could understand why as it would be more difficult. You can see the striking difference between it and Stonington Gray. My other thought was stonington gray. I even downloaded an app that helps me determine which direction the rooms in my house are facing (by the way, my Kitchen faces West). Interestingly, I see one of your favourite colours is Revere Pewter with Cloud White and those were the colors I chose for the renovations. Help! Benjamin Moore defines the color as "a light gray with warm undertones, this classic shade creates a unifying look that calms and restores. Right now I am at point of going back to beige. Consistency of a paint color, especially when you are trying to use a common paint color in your public spaces, is really . Its a great colour for the exterior body of your home if youre looking for some drama and depth. I am undecided between balboa mist and collingwood for my south facing front foyer/hallway. Trim is cloud white and kitchen cabinets are light cream. Revere Pewter. I could offer more suggestions, but I want to make sure Im on the right undertone track. Unfortunately due to the amount of emails/questions I get in a day Im unable to answer personal questions. I am just beginning to get an understanding of how north facing vs south facing etc. Help ! To save money, you should be able to take BM colour chips to Home Depot and have them colour matched into their sample pots (including the pigment reduction). I learned to look for undertones. My ceiling lights (pendant in the front, track in the back) are silver as well and ceiling fans are also silver. Thank you for your help! I looove Chelsea Gray its just the right visual weight for a bedroom (I have it in mine and love it!!! In my living room I have formal dark brown leather furniture and my family room consists of a khaki/brown colored pottery barn sectional and espresso furniture. Hi Rachel, its funny I actually had 2 people request a post about paint colours to compliment oak so Im working on it asap! Kitty Gray 1589. COLOR SPOTLIGHT - Benjamin Moore Rockport Gray - ROWE SPURLING PAINT Thanks so much for this great post, it is so helpful! Being an earth-toned paint colour, Rockport Gray is inclined towards colours that are that bit more muted and grounded, such as. Hi Tenley, thank you for your note! Like Revere Pewter, Collingwood sits in the middle range on the LRV scale with a value of 62. Make sure that they have a computer that does computer matching which is far more accurate. Im moving into a new build with an open concept kitchen/living dining room. Would love your opinion on my quest for color! 6 Shades of Grey! (Paint Colors, That Is!) Benjamin Moore Favorites One such great option is Skyline Steel. Laura, Hi Laura! I was planning on using Amherst gray on the walls in the staircase (although quite enclosed, the upstairs came room and the front windows provide sufficient light to hold the weight of a medium-dark gray) and Stonington Gray in the actual entry way, After reading your blog, Im not as certain the two will work quite as well together as Id originally hoped so its back to the drawing board. edgecomb gray complementary colors know color light aand others - News Nit I was thinking reverse pewter but am afraid that it might read too brown or make the space seem too dark. HC-168. A warm gray would be something like Cumulus Cloud or Collingwood. I can send you some pictures of the Ikea furniture along with the lights, fans, office space; whatever you would like to see! The colors in natural light that are closest match to my Oat cabinets are 1) Sherwin Williams 'Shitake', 2) Benjamin Moore Affinity 'Pashmina', 3) Benjamin Moore 'Stone Hearth', and 4) HG Sherwin Williams 'Loggia'. North, East, South, West: Which Paint Colour is the Best? 2023 Kylie M. Interiors / All Rights Reserved / Website Design by. There's nothing quite like ending the day in a cozy relaxing space - especially on those rainy winter evenings. Revere Pewter + Cloud White beautiful combo. If youd like to move things faster youre welcome to check out my Online Consulting on my site to see what I offer. I did Stonington gray in the sunroom which is off the dining room and I did a edgewood gray in a spare room. We also have a reddish brick that we need to keep in mind. http . The cabinets are Revere Pewter, and the island is Iron Mountain both by Benjamin Moore. It was extremely informative. Revere Pewter is a light (closer to light-medium) warm gray. Just keep in mind that in the evening or on any sides that are heavily shaded it will look more black than anything My tiles are gray with some light blue. Rockport Gray. May 8, 2012 by Kristin Williams 2 Comments. Remember, Mindful Gray is on the gray end of the greige scale. I have samples of Wickham grey, stonginton grey and grey owl around the room right now. Revere Pewter has an LRV of 55.51. Change Color. 2. Its just that my site has gone gangbusters on questions lately and I have to give my priority to a) my clients in town here and b) my online consulting clients. Revere Pewter has an LRV of 55, making it one of the darkest greige colors before you might start calling them "taupe". ~Kylie. Is there an easy way to translate north/south to east/west when considering color choices? I give as much info as I can for free on my site, but if that doesnt work I recommend the e-design so I can get up close and personal with photos/questionnaire. Revere Pewter has an LRV of 55. I dont know if I ever got a response to my question about whether you can select other finishes as well as paint color. I have stonington gray walls throughout my house (favorite color of all . Thanks! Peel & Stick Sample. Best beige paint colors - Curbed Help please Kylie. Hi Kylie, Using revere pewter with Edgecomb gray improves the gorgeous creamy gray tone of Edgecomb gray. MICHELLE. How does one see the undertones in a gray paint (or any neutral for that matter) without A. being told by an expert like you or B. painting the entire room and seeing in all types of lighting? I also used SW Mindful Gray on the cabinets on this fireplace wall. Hi. Hi Kiley, We are redoing out 1950s ranch house and just redid our backsplash with a light gray subway tile. . Here are the two colors side by side, Revere Pewter is on the left and Agreeable Gray is on the right. BM Revere Pewter + BM Chelsea Gray. https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/online-decorating-design-services/ Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter: A Popular Gray - Dori Turner Interiors Because of this post, I tried Chelsea Gray in our kitchen and Revere Pewter in our dining room. Your posts on Gray, LRV, and which direction the room is facing have been so helpful!! I forgot to mention our theme is industrial farmhouse and it will be loaded with medium wood tones in the trim, doorways, baseboards and flooring. Thanks, Chelsea Gray is an AWESOME medium-toned gray. https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/online-decorating-design-services/ Ok thanks for the reply! If you want to check out my E-design, its right here https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/online-decorating-design-services/ Im also not familiar with Urban Stone at all, so I cant touch on that. The Most Popular Gray Paint Color | Benjamin Moore Revere PewterRevere Pewter by Benjamin Moore is a popular gray paint color for a reason. It looks like thats in the special Williamsburg Collection, so its not as well known Ive never used it! We have one room in our house that is not Benjamin Moore, but are looking to convert it over. Castleton nix is quite a green/yellow colour, but it IS very pretty. The color is very very and I mean VERY powder blue! Now I want to get on your Consult ASAP, and Ive sent off your Questionnaire/photo info but havent heard back. Rockport Gray - Photos & Ideas | Houzz See more ideas about revere pewter, paint colors for home, house colors. Gray is a neutral, this means that it is just as versatile as beige and given the current trends its actually quite easy to find furnishings to accommodate it. Revere Pewter has similar undertones with a touch more green in the . Its this white that really offers the cleanest and freshest contrast to a soft gray colour. Asphalt would certainly be dramatic its a gorgeous dark charcoal paint colour. I just want you to know how much I enjoyed reading this. Edgecomb Gray vs Revere Pewter. Btw, i was looking up BM Asphalt when i came across your blog and i immediately signed up. HC-105. Hello! Entryway before and after (beige to GREIGE with Behr paint!) Give SW Silverplate a try it could work! Now I do refer most home specific questions to my Online Consulting, I will say that I would lean much more toward Revere Pewter with your green couch If your room is a dark north facing room, you may want to lighten it by 25% just to take a wink of depth out. These are great tips, thank you very much, Kyle. Bathroom paint color scheme in Chelsea Gray. Benjamin Moore Rockport Gray I wanted to make sure I include a deeper, more dramatic grey, and BM Rockport Gray is a great pick. Compared to Revere Pewter, it will look like a more clean, cool gray, but can slide slightly blue-green at times. So, so was my take on this color but it does picks up the carpet color. Anytime I mention Cloud White below, keep in mind that Simply White is also a viable option Cloud White is just a wee smidge heavier. https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/classic-build-new-home-nanaimo/ Notice how the Cloud White acts like white without being as stark. I have been reading some posts of your that I found on Pinterest. I have Restoration Hardware furniture (crib and dresser in the Antiqued Taupe colour). Hi C.C.! Benjamin Moore Rockport Gray has an LRV of 35.65, meaning it's a medium-toned paint color. These two are almost similar, but Agreeable Gray is slightly cooler because of its green-gray undertones, and with more prominent grayish notes than its warmer counterpart. The funny thing is that once in a while it reflects a funny green undertone, which means that it could actually work really well in your case as the undertones will be coordinated! Save Photo. Im NOT a pink/purple fan at all and have this in my home and LOVE it. Which gray would you suggest for a big south facing living room/dinning room with large windows? Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter HC-172 - Still a Favorite Gray? Thinking about a lighter gray with some brown, green undertones. Wondering if you can help me out with some color choices. I have also had problems with griege paint going too purple. Its currently a light tan and I want something darker and more interesting yet neutral in the gray/charcoal family. ~Kylie. I looked it up on line and compared it a few other grays to give myself a comparison. Generally other peoples opinions are based on personal preference rather than decorative know-how. Okay, so Im referring back to my site to view your original question here..Okay, so were up in Canada here and I cant find Gray Tint. Since the Jet Mist can sometimes look gray, just wondered your thoughts on that pairing. Silver Satin isnt quite as warm as Revere Pewter, but it isnt even remotely cool so that makes it a viable option. Perfect griege was perfectly violet! Edgecomb Grey vs Revere pewter. Room doesnt get a tone of light (faces east). One of Benjamin Moore's top colors is Revere Pewter. It acts like white, without being as stark but isnt even close to being an off-white. LRV, or Light Reflectance Value, is a measurement commonly used by design professionalssuch as architects and interior designersthat expresses the percentage of light reflected from a surface. Right now Im torn between two colours: Classic Gray and Gray Owl. Thanks so very much! For a big south facing room I love Stonington Gray or Gray Owl both are lovely light grays. Rockport Gray (BM HC-105) . Our open concept is facing the north with lots of open windows (floor to ceiling windows in the living room). Normally Id send you there, but maybe I can give you a few quick ideas to put you in the right direction! . For that reason Im going to lean you towards warm neutrals. Revere Pewter was darkened by approx 25-50% for the above kitchen cabinets and doors. ), Hi Kylie, A rich medium gray with the barest trace of violet undertone. This question would just be a 1hr charge if you are at all interested. Its warmer (its a greige) but its a NATURAL with Revere PEwter! Our cabnets are a warm wood color and our tile is a beige browinsh color with some grey in it. Im looking for a modern and more on the warm side grey for a basement apartment that gets moderate light (it has a few northern and southern facing windows). Write by: I also plan to paint my kitchen and bathroom cabinets in a darker gray, but again, dont want the cabinets too dark so as not to darken the entire house.