Ron DeSantis and his wife, Casey, a former newscaster, wed at Disney World in 2009. According to retired Yale baseball coach John Stuper, DeSantis maintains a good relationship with some of his Yale compatriots and has even returned to campus. Ron DeSantis' Wife Casey DeSantis - DailyEntertainmentNews.com Great job Jerry. He's originally from the Bronx, but spent the last decade in Florida writing about everything from politics to Disney and tracing the steps of cultural icons like Jack Kerouac. Yet she has trouble forming intelligible sentences?? Though he carved out an exception for religious services and some recreational activities, DeSantis didnt exempt in-person classroom instruction. "No it costs too much!" The billpassed the Senatebut stalled in the House because Republicans wanted Congress to focus first on border security. Yes you are right. Florida Gov. Very important those certain politicians are NOT on the list, the bride, Nicola Peltz, wrote in a group thread with her wedding planners on Feb. 26, 2022, according to court documents. We enjoyed the rides. Nelson Peltz has made headlines recently as an activist investor pushing to get on the Walt Disney Companys board of directors. Expertshave saidDeSantis comment that the American Revolution jump-started abolition is incorrect. Anne Maxwell, I-TEAM and general assignment reporter, Gov. We are on the way of re-integrating you into normal polite society. Access your favorite topics in a personalized feed while you're on the go. Ron DeSantis looks on after announcing a proposal for Digital Bill of Rights, Feb. 15, 2023, in West Palm Beach, Fla. (AP) [2] [3] We went out and we had a beer, she told SiriusXM Patriots. Parental Rights in Education Bill legislation, a.k.athe Dont Say Gay bill, revoking tax privileges for Disney the largest employer in the state . A priest would have to get special permission based on extraordinary circumstances to get married anywhere other than a Catholic church. Ron DeSantis admits his Disney World wedding is 'ironic' Ron DeSantis admits his Disney World wedding is 'ironic' after takeover Peltz had presented them with the opportunity of a lifetime to have their names associated with the wedding of two world-famous celebrities, which would undoubtedly propel PDE into wedding planning stardom, explained Nelson Peltzs lawsuit filed in December in Miami, as he fought for his $159,000 deposit back after the event planners were fired before the wedding. Throughout the 256-page book, he reiterates his disdain for the two Ivy League schools and how he viewed them as damaging to his political career when he ran for Congress in 2012. Thats the dumbest name Ive ever heard, Ronald. As a matter of fact, they celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary there, my parents did.. I mean, if people could see you in your white uniform, I mean, you were like Tom Cruise. The event is hosted by conservative nonprofit And to the Republic. According to the organizations website, Gov. Lets learn to say mean things to someones face, not on the internet. Phone: (727) 642-3162 Disney is Florida's largest private employer and the company has championed gay rightssince the 1990s. Learn how your comment data is processed. He never mentioned that he was married at the resort. The couple opened up about their nuptials for the first time in a Sirius XM Patriot radio interview. MEET RON DESANTIS - Governor Ron DeSantis - Ron DeSantis for Governor She goes by her middle name, Casey. Ron DeSantis' name brought up in celebrity wedding lawsuit In the second chapter of the book, titled For God, For Country, and For Yale, DeSantis, who attended Yale in the late '90s and early 2000s, wrote that he experienced strident leftism at Yale that represented a wholesale rejection of the basic principles that constitutes the foundation of the American experiment. His criticisms arent limited to his chapter on Yale. They were married in 2013 in St. Augustine, Florida. YouTube Video VVVtOFRTWkR5RFVraVl1LWRnZDBSMFlnLmZQYktjWWRlS3Q0. ORLANDO, Fla. - Gov. The good news, Jerry, is that you have reached out to your new bestest friend, Earl Pitts American, to extend the friendship hand and pull you out of your leftist indoctrinated state of shame and misery. Ron DeSantis speaks as he announces a proposal for Digital Bill of Rights, Feb. 15, 2023, at Palm Beach Atlantic University in West Palm Beach, Fla. DeSantis has emerged as a political star early in the 2024 presidential election season even as he ignores many conventions of modern politics. It also shies away from outright attacking Trump, though DeSantis refers to some disagreements with Trumps initial approach to COVID-19 and downplays the significance of Trumps primary endorsement in the 2018 governors race. I didn't want Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck in our wedding photos.". Daniel Figueroa IV/Hearst Connecticut Media. Yale grad Ron DeSantis says time in 'leftist' Ivy League was 'years of indoctrination' in new book, Police: Man found in CT with drugs, gun in car arrested, West Haven public housing waitlist highlights 'national crisis'. DeSantis office cited that move as evidence of his claim. After Disney executives said they would oppose the law following pushback from its staff, Mr DeSantis removed its self-governing status in June of last year. I agree, Disney stinks and I wont step foot there because its crowded, uninteresting, and expensive; not for any other reason. But one person left off the invite list to Brooklyn Beckham and Nicola Peltzs Palm Beach wedding last year? Some view it as blanket permission for undocumented immigrants to remain in the United States. Justice Amy Coney Barrett attended Notre Dame. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Its weird when a guy goes on a name-calling spree against someone who has almost the same name, said Fallon. Browse 4,395 ron desantis stock photos and images available, or start a new search to explore more stock photos and images. Somebody groomed you to be a bigot. They are introducing transexual subjects and characters to your kids right now. When a soccer legends son marries a billionaires daughter, the guest list will undoubtedly feature celebrities and famous people. She said that her parents thought they should get married at Disney World as they were always excited about visiting the park during her upbringing in Ohio. The bill mandated fines, background checks and waiting periods, and it was tougher than its 1986 predecessor signed by President Ronald Reagan. While at Harvard, he earned a commission in . God Bless you all.. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. This platform and all of its content are owned by Extensive Enterprises Media. When DeSantis was running for reelection in November 2022, he would frequently boast about his retaliation against Disney for opposing his Parental Rights in Education Act, the law opponents such as LGBTQ rights organizations have called "Don't Say Gay." Ron DeSantis was married at Walt Disney World The governor continues to score points against the supposedly woke megacorp, but he held his. "When she raised this issue with me, I was just thinking, 'I mean are we going to have like Mickey Mouse showing up?'". Lets all take the pledge. Happy anniversary @RonDeSantisFL, thankful for every day with you, Floridas First Ladytweeted, adding, youre an amazing dad, best friend, and the greatest Governor in America! Her parents had the idea that they get married at Disney World because they always looked forward to visiting the theme park when she was growing up in Ohio, she said. The Governor's name on the guest list is brought up in court documents over litigation over a celebrity wedding. She was part of the team that launched PolitiFact Florida in 2010 and, All Rights Reserved Poynter Institute 2023, The Poynter Institute for Media Studies, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)3. Apparently, DeSantis was not at all offended by the companys LGBTQ-friendly policies at the time although the governor did expressly forbid any Disney characters from attending the festivities, according to Business Insiders transcript of DeSantis interview with conservative SiriusXM Patriot radio. Great scott man you were so far over the leftist edge that you likely would have ended up spending the rest of your life in prison had you not cried out for help. An anecdote about playing Little League baseball is tied to his support of Taiwan. Ron DeSantis calls it ironic that he got married at Disney World. 2023 BuzzFeed, Inc. All rights reserved. At the FOP, the governor said that his political success came from hard work. And some social users are calling it the biggest GOP gaffe since Rudy Giulianis post-election press conference at the Four Seasons (a location that turned out to be a landscaping company, and definitely NOT the luxury hotel chain). 2023 Hearst Media Services Connecticut, LLC, Hamden school board member Walter L. Morton IV to run for mayor, New Haven's 'Tent City' residents get a reprieve, for now, New Haven St. Patrick's Parade led entirely by women this year, SCSU president steps down, accepts presidency at NJ university, State grants charter for all-boys school proposal in New Haven, Three arrested in connection with Woodbridge burglaries, cops say, Study: Tweed expansion would bring environmental improvements, CT board pressures West Haven on financial oversight fixes, The Courage to be Free: Floridas Blueprint for Americas Revival, progressive-leaning Gulf Coast town of Dunedin, notable conservative figures are also Yale grads, 'Tent City' residents get reprieve, for now, after New Haven, state order them to clean up, A reversal of fortune: Derby retail center continues rebound with new tenant American Freight, Warrant: Ex-New Fairfield 'lunch lady' sent nude images to student on Snapchat for months before sex assault, Three arrested in connection with string of January burglaries in Woodbridge, police say, Embattled Hartford inspector general resigns amid New Haven mayoral campaign, The Best Private High Schools near New Haven, Guide to Legal Cannabis Dispensaries in CT, The Best Private Preschools Near New Haven. Luckily, DeSantis said, everything changed after a June 28, 2018, debate with Putnam, and the race was over.. The DeSantis wedding was held at Disneys Grand Floridians wedding pavilion, a location that features spectacular views of Disneys iconic brand symbol, Cinderellas Castle, as well as Disney Worlds Seven Seas Lagoon. Email: [emailprotected] Ive triple check(ed) even with Toni, unless he has artistic name he goes by he is NOT there! the wedding planner wrote back, using a laughing and crying emoji. Many ancient pipes in CT aren't up to the task of draining storm water, yet officials just seem to shrug. All of you who have given thoughts and prayers to my family and my wife, thank you. The ceremony took place at the Grand Floridians wedding pavilion, a chapel with a view of Cinderellas Castle and the reception was hosted at Epcots Italy Isola. Ron and Casey DeSantis got married at the Walt Disney World Resort in 2009. They welcomed a baby girl into the world . The Florida governor doesn't appear to have mentioned this publicly. Florida governor Ron DeSantis and wife Casey at Seminole Golf Club in 2021 in Juno Beach, Florida We pay for your stories! The United States was founded in 1776 and did not abolish slavery until 1865. By entering your email and clicking Sign Up, you're agreeing to let us send you customized marketing messages about us and our advertising partners. Governor DeSantis, wife welcome 3rd child to family - WJXT Many, such as Kay and yourself, are experiencing violent leftist withdrawal symptoms due to the exposure of my truthfull but somewhat graphic explanation of what Disney has become in the last 15 years. Ron DeSantis was in Northeast Florida on Thursday, promoting his new book, The Courage to be Free: Floridas Blueprint for Americas Revival.. A number of schools in the state have revealed that theyre not sure how to follow the new law, with critics arguing that LGBT+ teachers are now afraid to speak their minds and be themselves. Earl Pitts American And Kays New Conservative Friend. Disney is the number one private employer in the state and they have been advocating for gay rights since the 1990s, as detailed by Mic. So how does a prominent Catholic explain not getting married in a Catholic church which is standard requirement for Catholics? Florida Republican Governor Ron DeSantis has admitted that his wedding taking place at Disney World is kind of ironic as hes now engaged in a battle with the company. Stay up to date with what you want to know. And it was really a lot of fun.. "In looking forward to what we ended up doing as governor and some of the face-offs that we had with some major institutions in Florida, it's kind of ironic," DeSantis said, according to a transcript and recording of the interview shared with Insider, which aired Monday on conservative SiriusXM Patriot radio. Florida Gov. DeSantis is expected to sign another bill into law within days or weeks that would give him the power to appoint a state-run board to oversee the resort and theme park. Love you so much!, Happy Anniversary to my beautiful wife, @CaseyDeSantis! A native Floridian with blue-collar roots, Ron attended Dunedin High School and worked his way through Yale University, where he graduated with honors and was the captain of the varsity baseball team. Casey DeSantis is 42 years old as of 2022. It also means DeSantis now controls the government services of the Disney hotel where he was wed fourteen years ago. Welcome. She married Ron DeSantis in 2010 and they have three young children together. [I was] married right on campus, Stuper told Hearst Media in 2022. The interview included Ms DeSantis, who added that the news of the wedding, the details of which were revealed in November of last year, created a lot of news.. Ron DeSantis name brought up in celebrity wedding lawsuit, First wave of amendments slated for affordable housing-boosting, rent control-banning Live Local Act, Sunburn The morning read of whats hot in Florida politics 2.22.23, Senate bill bans mandatory vaccinations in public health emergencies, Mike Waltz waffles when asked to choose between Donald Trump, Ron DeSantis, Anti-trans bathroom bill filed in Florida Senate, Jared Moskowitz, Jamie Raskin blast Lauren Boebert over COVID-19 amnesia, Florida bills classify hemp extract as food. SiriusXMs Patriot Presents Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has the First Family of the Free State of Florida talking about what the Republican Governor calls a kind of ironic setting for nuptials, especially given the news cycles of the last year. "My only condition was that no Disney characters could be part of our wedding," DeSantis wrote. Ron Desantis Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images If you wouldnt say it to their face then lets all stop. You would think, I mean and I would have gotten help with you know my speech patterns. ", The comments confirm Insider's reporting, after interviewing a wedding guest, that Casey DeSantis "wanted something all-inclusive and put together.". Vance and convicted insurrectionist, Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes. Love you!, Happy Anniversary to my beautiful wife, @CaseyDeSantis! Governor DeSantis, . "We met at the. The governor married. DeSantis disagreed. I MEAN.., YA KNOW.., LIKE.. IS THAT OFFICIAL *OHIO SPEAK ? Email us at exclusive@the-sun.com or call 212 416 4552. Who is Ron DeSantis' wife Casey? DeSantis, regarded as apotential Republican challengerto former President Donald Trump, promoted his book as a blueprint for Americas revival. Over 256 pages, The Courage to Be Free positions DeSantis as a battle-tested leader who defeated the woke elites on political issues around COVID-19, election management and U.S. history. The Florida governor admitted the choice wound up being "kind of ironic. Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg and his wife, Priscilla Chan, gave about $400 million in an effort to close the gap. Has she ever listened to er you know herself?? I mean, you were a nice guy. But before he was engaged in a battle with the worlds most famous mouse, DeSantis married his wife, Casey, at the happiest place on earth, Disneys Magic Kingdom albeit, reluctantly, he said. During his reelection campaign last year, Mr DeSantis pointed to his Disney bashing after they opposed the Parental Rights in Education Act, which opponents called the Dont Say Gay law. What could be more ironic than for the closest thing the Walt Disney corporation has to an arch-enemy to have gotten married in one of Disney Worlds most popular chapels? Phone: (727) 642-3162 Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis was married at Walt Disney World The governor married his wife Casey DeSantis at the Walt Disney World Resort in 2009, according to Insider. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) and his wife Casey giving heartfelt messages to one another. DeSantis neglected to mention that Trump tweeted out a second full endorsement ahead of that debate onJune 22, 2018, calling DeSantis, strong on Borders, tough on Crime & big on Cutting Taxes Loves our Military & our Vets. In a recent interview with Florida Politics, the couple further discussed the Disney World wedding, admitting. Yacob Reyes is a staff writer covering Florida politicians and legislative issues for PolitiFact. She covered the business of theme parks for the Orlando Sentinel. Some people choose to have weddings in ironic settings like Las Vegas. PLEASE CONFIRM! In recent years, DeSantis has rallied against woke ideology and diversity programs in Floridas higher education system. "I was like, we can do it where you want but She said, 'No, no. DeSantis has made a name for himself as a polarizing figure in conservative politics and is reported to be eyeing a run at the White House. As Ron DeSantis attacks a private corporation for denouncing his bigotry, I feel its important to note that he LITERALLY got married at Disney World. Thank you Earl Groomer American for demonstrating yet again that for todays Republicans, every accusation is a confession. And some avoided politics altogether. After the 2020 election, Florida joinedabout half of U.S. statesin banning private money for elections. I know this comment is not germane to the story, and probably wont be published. Ron DeSantis Got Married at Disney World Its lifted her spirits and made a tremendous difference., Ilhan Omar Resorts To Baseless Attacks As McCarthy Considers Committee Removal: Its Racist, Xenophobic She Claims, FBI Crashes Drive-Thru To Seize Mike Lindells Phone, Shockingly Nave: TV Host RIPS Bidens Policies In Front Of His Advisor, As Ohio Derailment Released Vinyl Chloride and Poisons Local Water Supply, Animals Getting Sick, Dying, WATCH: Democrat Eric Swalwell Gives Ominous Warning to Kevin McCarthy After Being Ousted From Intel Committee. "If I could withstand seven years of indoctrination in the Ivy League, then I will be able to survive Washington, D.C. without going native.". A number of schools in the state have revealed that theyre not sure how to follow the new law, with critics arguing that LGBT+ teachers are now afraid to speak their minds and be themselves. Ron DeSantis., And in a June 2022 New Yorker profile of the governor, DeSantis father said his sons acceptance to Yale was still the thing Im most proud of.. A wedding guest told Insider that Ms DeSantis wanted something all-inclusive and put together. Davit about that birds and the bees talk you havent yet got around to Disney has already beat you to it. You can and will be cured my new bestest friend. Florida Governor Ron DeSantis' new book sits on a shelf at Barnes and Noble in North Haven on Thursday, March 2, 2023. You can view The Poynter Institutes most-recent public financial disclosure form 990, Poynter ACES Introductory Certificate in Editing. His book often glosses over the snags he faced along the way. DeSantis and Disney have been intertwined in the news for some time now due to the conflicts between the governors anti-LGBTQ stances and the corporations stance on Floridas now-infamous Parental Rights in Education Bill legislation, a.k.athe Dont Say Gay bill, which forbids teaching or discussion regarding sexual orientation and gender identity to students in kindergarten through third grade, and only allows post-third-grade discussion of said matters if they are age-appropriate or developmentally appropriate in accordance with state standards a nebulous definition at best, and one easily used by the state to forbid any conversation at all.When Disney came out against the bill last Spring, DeSantis struck back by revoking tax privileges for Disney the largest employer in the state and followed up with a threat he fulfilled this Monday, when he signed a bill that gives himcontrol of Walt Disney Worlds formerly self-governing district a major victory for the Republican governor and rumored presidential hopeful. Yeah thats the Disney of today. That was the first time that I had ever met a fella and just followed them in their car to a place to go get a beer. "And one of the other great things was the fact that they did a lot of the planning for you," she said of Disney's wedding offerings. DeSantis' book, titled "The Courage to be Free," is set to be released Tuesday. Florida Gov. DeSantis was behind her and thought she was looking at him. Talk about being Dirty? (DeSantis) must be OFF THE GUEST LIST. Hes set to sign another law giving him the power to appoint a board managing the resort and theme park. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Florida Politics is a statewide, new media platform covering campaigns, elections, government, policy, and lobbying in Florida. I am so thankful for our marriage every day, you are an amazing wife, mother and friend. Nicola Peltz, an actress who appeared in Transformers: Age of Extension and The Last Airbender, was discussing her nuptials to the son of David and Victoria Beckham. And it was really a lot of fun.. And your boy Earl is bringing you a little something to put the hanky back into your sweet sweet panky!!!! But he largely omits the closures of schools and businesses that happened under his watch. And actually, it was one of the best conversations I ever had, and we had a lot of fun. Nicola Peltz followed up a few days later, clarifying which politicians she was apparently referring to. In looking forward to what we ended up doing as governor and some of the face-offs that we had with some major institutions in Florida, its kind of ironic, Mr DeSantis told SiriusXM Patriot radio in an interview set to be broadcast on Monday, a transcript obtained by Insider revealed. Ron DeSantis opened up publicly for the first time about how he and his wife, Casey DeSantis, ended up exchanging their vows during a fairy tale wedding at Walt Disney World Resort only to engage in a brutal battle with the family-favorite company 13 years later. The reception was held at Epcot's Italy Isola, in a nod to the couple's Italian heritage. DeSantis spokesperson Bryan Griffin told PolitiFact that intake stations are monitored 24/7. Copyright 2023 News4JAX.com is managed by Graham Digital and published by Graham Media Group, a division of Graham Holdings. "We went out and we had a beer," at family sports restaurant Beef o' Brady's, Casey DeSantis said in the forthcoming interview. Florida Gov. Franceabolished slaveryin its colonies in 1794 and gave enslaved people citizenship in1848. Why CT waits for $95 million from OxyContin maker Purdue Pharma. However, if it does it would explain to a certain degree the gist of your comment. Many have criticized DeSantis stance, and even some moderate conservatives have voiced concerns over actions that could compromise the immense economic advantages Disney brings to the state. Plus, whether stronger penalties slow retail theft, the deal with all the near-misses on airport runways, and more. Inside Ron DeSantis and Wife Casey's Relationship You are disgusting! The governor married . The only similarity between Desantos and Tom Cruise is that theyre both short. Address: 204 37th Avenue North #182 In an interview with Florida first lady Casey DeSantis, the Republican governor confirmed Insider's November 2022 reporting about the wedding, which had never been previously reported and wasn't widely known among the Florida political class. I know its very difficult, but my wife is proof positive, and this is the exact type of news we had hoped for. In spite of all the bluster and hot air DeSantis has directed at the company and its parks over his tenure, the governor was married in Walt Disney World. Born on June 26, 1980, Casey DeSantis was born Jill Casey Black in Troy, Ohio. In reality, however, it later became clear that PDE viewed this is as an opportunity to take advantage of Peltz by making material misrepresentations on both their website and in person regarding their experience, expertise, and capability of planning the wedding..