In the paint chip above you can see that Hale Navy has more of a charcoal color and is much more gray than SW Naval. Van Deusen Blook looks great on exteriors, cabinets, walls or front doors, and can be used in living rooms, bedrooms, entryways, bathrooms really anywhere! However, if you are seeing what Im explaining and are worried about that cool edge, consider a blue leans into green/gray, so that its a bit softer looking. It is almost a very dark, blue-teal shade. There are 3 ways to paint your trim when youre using blue. I have swatches of them all (except for Polo Blue), including Hale Navy, and the two I mentioned earlier, currently on my door and a wall across from it. Are you an avid reader? Make sure that youre taking the time to assess if the color works well with your flooring, cupboards, and furniture. Van Deusen Blue: A colour review What are your favorite exterior paint colors? Van Deusen Blue is a gorgeous blue paint color for any home. WebThe thing with blue (and many paint colours) is that how they look is subjective based on whos looking at them AS WELL AS the products and OTHER blues theyre partnered with. It is dark, but not so dark that it falls into the navy category. Great info and insight! We dont want something too bold or gray that looks gloomy. Its absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for the post! And the colors are lovely and coordinated, so it was an easy 1-2-3 DONE . I love this dark blue and white home in Newport, RI. Specifically, its the whole house palette thing thats tricky. It is labelled a historical color and has slightly muted, gray undertones. If youre looking to find the perfect shade of blue that doesnt look navy when applied to surfaces, then keep reading, to find out if Benjamin Moores Van Deusen Blue is right for you. So, now that weve covered the basics of blue, its time to pick you FAVE, so head on over to this blog post to see some of my faves! I think blue is a favourite for a majority of people which is why it gets used everywhereI have a preference towards warm so seeing all these rooms gives me an impression of being cold. Not the best picture but it was such a beautiful blue on our old front doorand it made me so happy every time I walked up to it. They go with everything/anything. All of these things effect how a paint color looks in your room! Blue with purple undertones These are blues that lean slightly more toward purple, without committing all the way. Installing A Pallet Wall: Quick & Easy Steps. Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are as essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. You can pair Van Deusen Blue with pine, oak, cherry, and a whole bunch of other wood types. I am in Australia and embarking on colour for a new home. It was Sherwin Williams paint color of the year for 2020. Here are some of the very best classic navy paint colors! In some light, this color can read as a very dark navy, while in others it is more of a medium toned blue. Choosing a Navy Blue Paint Color I love this dark blue and white home in Newport, RI. Hoping for a nice peaceful, blue/gray that looks relaxing! Sometimes undertones in paint colors bring out negative colors in floors, counter tops or trim work and you want to make sure everything will flow nicely. March 18, 2022 [9:46] Watch the Condensed Game from Villanova Wildcats vs. Delaware Blue Hens, 03/18/2022. You are so talented!! Best Classic Navy Paint Colors For some reason, I really dislike oak trim when it is paired with white. Click here to get a 12x12 peel and stick sample of Van Deusen Blue. Van Deusen Blue is also a great color for kitchen or bathroom cabinets because it will show up as a pop of color without being bright. If you want to opt for a shade of paint thats slightly darker than Van Deusen Blue to use in a room with very little light, we recommend using NewburyPort Blue. Paint is cheap to change, but your furnishings arent. This shade works well in traditional or nautical home styles. Green comes in very strong when room in shaded from the trees outside. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. THANK YOU ORLANDO! I might choose Newportbury Blue if I wanted a navy paint color that was more classic in its appearance. I also find that Van Deusen Blue works really well on home exteriors. 9Y; Eli Saslow; NBA News. Lets learn more about this classic dark blue paint! This is a very dark navy blue. A post shared by Tanya Walas (@the_yinzer_home). It is only when this color is placed in areas that generate a lot of light that it takes on a slightly navy appearance. I chose three navy blue colors from Benjamin Moore all from the same paint chip, which means theyre in the same color family: Hale Navy, Newburyport Blue, and Van Deusen Blue. The Best Navy Blue Paint Colors I cant have the color to close to the hallway color, its too much. NBA: Vander Blue played on 8 teams in one year. Technically, these are blues with a touch of yellow in them. Best Classic Navy Paint Colors It is dark, but not so dark that it falls into the navy category. Newburyport Blue by Benjamin Moore: It has a very similar hue to Stiffkey blue but feels a little bit more saturated and bright. This is such a good list. My 9 year old has her heart set on a bright aqua blue room. Stonington is a greige. Yes! Whites are not all the same! I ask this because I am always hesitant to use warm colors as well and Im wondering about the longevity of the cool color trend. It is very muted tons of gray undertones which makes it read very neutral. 2023 Kylie M. Interiors / All Rights Reserved / Website Design by. Men's Basketball. When well supported by natural and/or artificial light, you can see that Van Deusen Blue is actually a medium dark shade of blue. Blue These cookies do not store any personal information. Its not overwhelming and compliments a ton of furniture styles and colors. Top Reasons To Add Revere Pewter To Your Interior Design, How To Build Your Own Farmhouse Table With Benches, DIY Playhouse Ideas For Kids That Wont Break The Bank, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkEXAjh4dKg, Van Deusen Blue Benjamin Moore (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkEXAjh4dKg), How To DIY An Aztec Garden Dining Table [The Easy Way]. Learn more here, 2023 Home like you mean it About | Contact | Terms and Conditions | Disclaimer | Privacy Policy. Wolf Gray by Benjamin Moore: We painted theSilver Lake Hills Kitchenproject cabinets this color after finding the cement tiles that we used in there and it has now become another one of my favorite blues. So without further ado here are some of our recent favorites in no particular order. The gray undertones help to keep it from feeling too colorful or saturated. Ive actually had really good results with Behr from Home Depot, but I will keep this in mind. Choosing a Navy Blue Paint Color. Easy to pick. Here are two color palettes that Benjamin Moore suggests as coordinating shades for Van Deusen Blue. Click here to get a 12x12 peel and stick sample of Mysterious. HELP with BM shades of Navy Blue paint Its very moody and I think it would make a great color for a kitchen island cabinet! I was so excited when I saw the title of this post, but truly disappointed at the end. The problem is you gotta REAAALLLY mix it well, otherwise its watery. Compared to Newburyport Blue, Van Deusen Blue has just a slight blue-green tint to it, which works to lighten up the color slightly. Shop Now Best-Selling Colours LRV 11.97 Collection Historical Colours Get your own digital colour dollop of Van Deusen Blue HC-156 Create My Dollop [object Object] Matching Colours Castleton Mist HC-1 Add to Cart Shopping List Change Colour If youre looking for some color combinations that might work well with Van Deusen Blue, then weve got a few suggestions for you right here. although neutrals, 2 other colors I constantly recommendagreeable gray and repose grayboth SW. Benjamin Moore Old Navy Probably the most traditional navy blue of all the Benjamin Moore options. Benjamin Moore Newburyport Blue This shade of navy blue has slight green undertones that help differentiate it a bit from the other color selections! This paint shade is a timeless and popular choice from Benjamin Moores Historical Collections line, and it lacks any undesirable undertones that can often turn people away. I totally agree with you! LOVE IT! I like the nitty gritty design posts as opposed to the more purely decorative styling ones, AND LEARN ABOUT OUR COMMUNITY - WE PROMISE ITS SUPER COOL. SW Moody Blue looks great in north Facing bedrooms! I love the color, but the paint got bad reviews. Any suggestions or words of wisdom? WebA colour like Newburyport Blue is more likely to give a true-blue vibe without going right into the primary range. Van Deusen Blue Oh I loved it. I recently painted my bathroom Sheer Romance by Benjamin Moore. It is a great choice if you cannot decide between painting something dark gray and navy! to Choose the Best Blue Paint Colour Villanova Wildcats vs. Delaware Blue Hens - Condensed Game. It is not included in the Benjamin Moore Favorites book, which likely indicates that it isnt as popular as Van Deusen Blue. ~Kylie, Hi Kylie: Id very much like a consultation but just wanted to first check which paint companies you use. See the entire home palette here. Van Deusen Blue is a great color to pair with Simply White. Blue with purple undertones These are blues that lean slightly more toward purple, without committing all the way. I chose three navy blue colors from Benjamin Moore all from the same paint chip, which means theyre in the same color family: Hale Navy, Newburyport Blue, and Van Deusen Blue. It is labelled a historical color and has slightly muted, gray undertones. Hale Navy is a deeply saturated navy blue. Below are some inspiration interiors and exteriors featuring the best dark blue paint colors. Blue If youre deciding between these two navy blue hues, heres some specifics to help you make your decision: Looking at light reflective values, we can see that Van Deusen Blue is a lighter color than Newburyport Blue. You can either pick up some sample paint pots directly from the Benjamin Moore website, or you can opt for some peel and stick paint samples, which are super easy to use. When it comes to personal questions I do refer to my E-design, which is my main business. I love that wallpaper against the blue wall paneling at the top! It is a really soothing blue and really plays well with some warmer toned wood, or accessories like the coral blanket we used on the bed. We have paired it with herringbone slate on our front porch and its perfect. 6 Van Deusen Blue by Benjamin Moore 7 Evening Hush by Behr 8 Newburyport Blue by Benjamin Moore 9 Hale Navy by Benjamin Moore Youve probably experienced the overwhelm that comes with staring at hundreds of Men's Basketball. It looks especially beautiful on walls with detailed moldings paint the walls, molding and all for the best results. Above rooms: BM Mount Saint Anne and BM Beach Glass see how it changes! Blue is a popular paint pick for MANY reasons. I do think Van Deusen Blue will work well with bright whites and with slightly more creamy whites, but you need to test the color with the trim color to make sure. When you do that post, please please please push people to buy their furniture before they paint their walls. Van Deusen Blue: A colour review Against the white wainscoting it really popped and worked well inSylvias Dining Room. It changes with the light through the day and all of it makes me happy. Newburyport Blue is a dark blue, with an LRV of 8. Yep pretty sure that color is Newburyport Blue by Benjamin Moore. Needless to say, that white went away within a month of us living there. Van Deusen Blue If you are looking for a deep blue color that is highly pigmented, this is a great option for you. A darker navy blue color with slight gray/purple undertones, Van Deusen Blue is a striking hue. One bedroom faces east and the other faces west, and the paint just has life to it, even three years on. What undertones do you want? That does look like a great color. I feel like it reads more gray and muted than Van Deusen . My Favorite Non-Neutral Paint Colors - Emily Henderson But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. But, if you enter your email, youll get $5 off your first order which basically means that you will get free, overnight shipping! There were tons of options for blue, but only one pink, one red, one green. Would it tend to go more green or blue with northwest light?