Penn State professor Matthew Kelly said during the funding trial, which wrapped last March, that Pennsylvania needed to invest $4.6 billion to adequately fund schools, though lawyers for the Republican defense disagreed with the figure. Check to see. . Over 300. Learn more about leaving WHYY in your will and download our free personal estate planning kit. If you are 70 or older you may be able to transfer funds from your IRA to WHYY without paying any federal income tax. Enjoy discounted and exclusive access to many WHYY events. How can I support my local PBS member station? Support WHYY and receive a gift that provides income. If adopted, the money would be the largest investment in public education in the Commonwealths history, he said. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Its how we live. You have the maximum of 100 videos in My List. If you need to speak to us immediately, please call us at 215-351-2000. Join a select group of dedicated individuals who strongly believe in the mission of public media and who wish to support at a level beyond Membership. Shop.PBS.org Shop PBS - Purchase DVDs, Gifts & More to Support PBS Discover two types of trusts and how they benefit you. Charitable Gift Annuity. Contact NPR's Development team at giving@npr.org or (202) 513-2082 to learn more about supporting NPR and its Member stations. or in the PBS app. Together, NPR and Member stations are reaching an audience of millions each week but not without your generous support. I love PBS and NPR so a year or so ago I donated to WHYY which means I'll now receive their donation solicitation mail for the rest of my life. benefit. Recently Broadcast. Already a WHYY member? It presents a diverse programming portfolio of classical music, opera, popular song, musical theater, dance, drama, and performance documentaries. Find and support your local Member station. General support provides invaluable assistance where it is needed most. Copyright 2023 Public Broadcasting Service (PBS), all rights reserved. WHYY connects you to your community and the world by delivering reliable information and worthwhile entertainment. How to Give to NPRNPR gratefully accepts contributions of both general and designated support. Support WHYYs education department in their work with students in the Greater Philadelphia Region through your business Educational Improvement Tax Credit. WHYY Member Hub WHYY Email Preferences Hello and welcome to WHYY's new email preferences portal! Pennsylvanias Independent Fiscal Office expects to end the 2022-23 fiscal year with a surplus of nearly $6.7 billion and the states rainy day fund has $5 billion, according to Hughes. Because our donor itemizes their tax deductions, they earn a federal income tax charitable deduction of $12,090* (the amount of the $25,000 donation attributable to the gift portion). Box 900, Greencastle, PA 17225-0900. The annual rate of your payment is based on your age at the time of the gift. You have potential to receive increased disposableincome. Because memberships are retained at a local level, you must email or call WHYY in order to modify or cancel your Passport membership benefit. Pennsylvania lawmakers are questioning electricity reliability after a winter storm around Christmas left more than 100,000 people without power. Learn more about Social Responsibility at WHYY. Thank you for ensuring that WHYY can impact our community well into the future. Ways to GiveWith a Credit CardYou can make a gift to NPR with your credit card by using this secure form. Best of all, when you purchase a ticket to a WHYY event you support our mission. Please let us know whom to thank by including your name and address with your gift. Please provide the following information to view the guide, Charitable Gift Annuities: Gifts That Give Back. Employer Gift MatchingMany employers offer matching gift programs that can double or even triple a donation's value. A portion of the annual income from the investment is used to address immediate needs at WHYY. Contribute a tax-deductible* gift of $5 per month or an annual gift of $60 or more. The IFO projects a cliff starting next fiscal year thats expected to grow through the 2027-28 budget cycle. Use one of the services below to sign in to PBS: You've just tried to add this video to My List. The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. This gift can provide you with regular payments and provide WHYY with the resources to support the future of public media. In addition to the shows and films featured on this page, the WHYY Passport library is full of public televisions acclaimed arts, science, history, and lifestyle programs, with more being added all the time. Oklahoma residents: A charitable gift annuity is not regulated by the Oklahoma Insurance Department and is not protected by a guaranty association affiliated with the Oklahoma Insurance Department. You can also notify us of your incoming IRA gifts directly by calling WHYY at 215-351-2000 or emailing Adrienne Webb Schulman in Major Gifts at awebbschulman@whyy.org. See what shows and films are currently being featured here. If you're currently a donor, you can try using the Passport Lookup Tool to see if you have a benefit waiting to be activated. Together we can reach 100% of WHYYs fiscal year goal. Learn more about Social Responsibility at WHYY. Get extended access to 1600+ episodes, binge watch your favorite shows, and stream anytime - online But first, we need you to sign in to PBS using one of the services below. I am a member of my local station, making an annual contribution for many years. I'm a WHYY Sustaining Member and want to increase my automated monthly donation: Payment Frequency Monthly Donation Amount $20/month $10/month Other/month To make informed decisions, the public must receive unbiased truth. We want to work with you to create a gift that best fits your circumstances and our needs. Funding for Country Music was provided by Bank of America, the Annenberg Foundation, the Arthur Vining Davis Foundations, Belmont University, Tennessee Department of Tourist Development, the Metropolitan Government of Nashville . We can remove the first show in the list to add this one. Retired? WHYY | Passport Gifts of any size from our growing audience on-air and online help both NPR and Member stations fulfill our shared mission to create a more informed public. Explore the history of country music from its roots in ballads, hymns and the blues to its mainstream popularity and meet the unforgettable characters and storytellers who made it Americas Music. Directed by Ken Burns. Receive a certificate to share right away! Payments under such agreements, however, are not protected or otherwise guaranteed by any government agency or the California Life and Health Insurance Guarantee Association. Its up to Pennsylvanias Legislature to fix the way it funds schools after a Commonwealth Court judge ruled last month that the current system is unconstitutional. The question will be over the next several months, will it be in our political will and moral capabilities to get this done.. Call us today at 1-888-345-9499 to make a donation. WHYY is a vital link in the Greater Philadelphia region's cultural landscape and a pillar of the community for more than 60 years. You can also download our optional PDF form to include with your donation. For more information about planned giving, please contact NPR's. WHYY thanks our sponsors become a WHYY sponsor. Im considering a gift to WHYY in my estate plan. Are you a business or organization interested in becoming a WHYY MemberCard Partner? I made a donation but did not receive an email with an activation code. Pa. Democrats propose $3 billion 'down payment' for public schools Remove First Video Edit My List Cancel You have the maximum of 100 shows in My List. Full Schedule. Check to see. For more information, please see our Our donor, age 75, plans to donate a maturing $25,000 certificate of deposit to WHYY. Your support is important! Start shopping now. We accept cars, trucks, RVs, motorcycles, boats and planes. Adjust the colors to reduce glare and give your eyes a break. Thank you. Kate Phillips stars in a six-part mystery as the headstrong, first-ever female detective in Victorian London. Your tax-deductible donation strengthens our community through the power of public media on television, radio and online. Member . WHYY offers a voice to those not heard, a platform to share everyones stories, a foundation to empower early and lifelong learners and a trusted space for unbiased news. T-Shirts & Sweatshirts . Delaware has the reserves to weather the cost of Supreme Court ruling on unclaimed property, state leaders say. Thank you! You can also provide payments for another individualtypically your spouse, but it could also be a parent, adult child, family member or friend. Become a Member. Privacy Policy Privacy Policy. Mail check donations to:NPR P.O. 14 Best Membership Gifts 2021 | HGTV The largest portion of recurring funds, $750 million, would be distributed through the states fair funding formula, which allocates more money to low-wealth districts. The company you work for, or are retired from, may match your gift dollar for dollar or more. You can give up to $100,000 from your IRA directly to a qualified charity without having to pay income taxes on the money. But first, we need you to sign in to PBS using one of the services below. Charitable gift annuities (CGA) are gifts that give back and pay you income forlife. Usually I throw this out but now I'm being offered a "WHYY MemberCard" if I make a gift of any amount. And you no longer have to deal with that property's maintenance costs, property taxes or insurance. WHYY provides trustworthy, fact-based, local news and information and world-class entertainment to everyone in our community. Philadelphia, Pa 19106. Support - WHYY The latest news and information from the world's most respected news source. Endowment donations are invested. WHYY connects you to your community and the world by delivering reliable information and worthwhile entertainment. You can also qualify for a variety of tax benefits, including a federal income tax charitable . Want a digest of WHYYs programs, events & stories? Country Music | WHYY Give online and indicate in the comment section that this gift is in honor or memory of someone. Support trusted journalism and captivating entertainment with a contribution from your DAF. We can remove the first show in the list to add this one. Sponsor WHYY and your message will be delivered to a large, highly desirable audience an audience that is more likely to support you because you support us. How It WorksWhen you give a CGA, you make a contribution of cash, marketable securities or other appreciated property owned longer than one year to WHYY. [Its] unconscionable and now we know its unconstitutional too, he said. If you need to speak to us immediately, please call us at 215-351-2000. You may have an unactivated WHYY Passport member benefit. Feel confident that you have dependable income in your retirement years with a charitable gift annuity. NPR and NPR Member stations are thankful for the support they receive from the many people across the country who count on and care about the news and programming we provide. *Based on a 5.2% charitable midterm federal rate. You pay for the membership (at any level), and the other person receives the benefits, including access to Passport (available with donations of $60/year or more). Usually I throw this out but now I'm being offered a "WHYY MemberCard" if I make a gift of any amount. Enter to win a pair of tickets to see Billy Joel and Stevie Nicks perform at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia on Friday, June 16, 2023. 18. Your donation will help WHYY serve your community through media that educates, inspires, and entertains. Stream your favorite PBS shows, create your perfect watchlist, connect with WHYY, and more anywhere you watch on the free PBS App. Join the Laurence LePage Society. In addition, we may share information about donors with Member stations that are associated with the donor on the NPR Services or that are local to the donor, unless the donor has requested anonymity. Learn more about Social Responsibility at WHYY. Visit Our Help Site. Feel confident that you have dependable income in your retirement years with a charitable gift annuity. Its how we live. Support WHYY Where do I activate my WHYY Passport benefit? Membership begins at $60 a year, and enables you to be part of this community. Donate to WHYY here. How to Give to Your Member StationThe work of local NPR Member stations is central to the far-reaching impact of public radio. Support WHYY Our planned giving team would be happy to speak with you in confidence, with no obligation. or in the PBS app. You can learn more here. The annual rate of your payment is based . Please press the button below once. When you give WHYY appreciated property you have held longer than one year, you qualify for a federal income tax charitable deduction. Visit this page to find more shows available for online streaming. Deadline is Saturday at Liked. For a $60 (or more!) Learn more about setting up an annuity and how it can benefit you. We can remove the first video in the list to add this one. Box 791490Baltimore, MD 21279-1490. Not gifting a membership? When you give a CGA, you make a contribution of cash, marketable securities or other appreciated property owned longer than one year to WHYY. Want a digest of WHYYs programs, events & stories? We can remove the first show in the list to add this one. [emailprotected] I believe help, substantial funding, and joy is on the way.. For more information about the activation process, please see this article. Donating. *The amount of a donation that is tax-deductible will depend on whether any goods or services are received in exchange for the gift. Learn more about TV, radio and online sponsorship opportunities for your company. WHATS ON TONIGHT Jordan said decades of disinvestment have led to conditions that put students and staff at risk. 13 comments. Fill out our online application! They didnt respond to Hughes plan Thursday, but have previously said any solution must consider the interests of taxpayers. The proposal comes ahead of Gov. For more information about planned giving, please contact NPR's Office of Planned Giving at giftplanning@npr.org or (202) 513-2097. Help WHYY share important stories and news for generations to come by including WHYY in your estate. You may receive an income tax charitable deduction (if you itemize) in the year you set up the giftannuity. benefit. Pennsylvania is sending roughly $9.6 billion to school districts this year to cover operations, instruction, and special education. Talk with us or your financial advisor about creative options for funding a giftannuity. This can be a great way to make a gift to WHYY and receive important tax benefits and even income. Because they need continuing income, they decide to give the cash in exchange for a one-life charitable gift annuity that we will issue at the suggested rate of 6.6%, or $1,650 peryear. But the fiscal picture further out is less positive. In this special collection, now chefs of all ages and abilities can share Julia Childs love of authentic French food and learn to cook some of her most loved dishes from her original series on Public Television. But first, we need you to sign in to PBS using one of the services below. Cookie Notice At the end of the trust term, the balance in the trust goes to WHYY. Whether you choose to give a set amount or a percentage of your estate, your support ensures we are able to continue our work for years to come. Do I need to make an additional contribution in order to receive the PBS . Signed Books. After your lifetime, WHYY uses the remaining balance for ourwork. With a marginal income tax bracket of 32%, the tax savings of $3,869 reduces the net cost of the gift to$21,131. If you reside in New York, please contact us directly as your rates may varyslightly. Become a WYCC member for 2-for-1 access to Chicago restaurants, museums, and more! WHYY - We've got gifts! Become a member of WHYY today | Facebook Learn More Take Action! You can adjust your sustaining membership at any time by calling our member services department at 215-351-0511. Penn State appears to be dropping most intervention and oversight of Greek life, an internal memo states. WHYY Membership : r/philadelphia - reddit When a young boy is murdered, this small town of Broadchurch in Dorset suddenly becomes the focus of a major event in the full glare of the media spotlight. You may have an unactivated WHYY Passport member benefit. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. I already contribute to my local station. Can I view PBS Passport This comprehensive estate planning kit will help you protect loved ones, organize everything in one place and save on taxes. If you are 70 years old or older, you can take advantage of a simple way to give to WHYY and receive tax benefits in return. Learn what goes into a will and who should be involved. Or you can establish a two-life gift annuity that pays you and another person if youchoose. For a $60 (or more!) Figures cited in any examples are for illustrative purposes only. A MemberCard gives me some local discounts. Find out more about volunteer opportunities and sign up today. With a Gift of StockIf you'd like to make a gift by transferring stock or other securities, please ask your stock broker to follow the steps below. When you include WHYY in your estate plan, your generosity helps engage audiences, expand perspectives and empower communities. Include donor name, phone number, name of stock and number of shares. Reginald Streater, Philadelphias school board president, said while the city has long been educationally malnourished, in light of the ruling hes hopeful. Have More Questions About Passport? Create a safe and secure estate plan. Country Music: Behind the Scenes. Phone: 215.351.1200 Use one of the services below to sign in to PBS: You've just tried to add this video to My List. Direct a distribution to WHYY, 150 North 6th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106. Individual Giving : NPR Most stations send a Passport activation email within a few minutes of submitting your donation, but if your donation takes longer to process you may not receive this email right away. Want a digest of WHYYs programs, events & stories? Not because we expect something in return. Your payment rate does not fluctuate with the stock market, interest rates or inflation. Please include an '@' in the email address, Please include an '@' in the email address. Email news@wesa.fm. Your tax-deductible donation strengthens our community through the power of public media on television, radio and online.