He is such a doggyknobber!". Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Vulgar Latin *pettia, of Gaulish origin; akin to Welsh peth thing, 13th century, in the meaning defined at sense 1, 15th century, in the meaning defined at sense 1. Let's smoke. Note that this thesaurus is not in any way affiliated with Urban Dictionary. Definitions include: to inform the authorities (e.g. Urban Dictionary: Fularious Street Slang Defined Part of: Urban Dictionary (4 books) | by urbandictionary.com and Aaron Peckham | May 24, 2022 4.3 (128) Kindle $1199 $17.99 Available instantly Hardcover $1287 FREE delivery Wed, Mar 8 on $25 of items shipped by Amazon Only 1 left in stock - order soon. Definitions include: a very attractive person; "a perfect ten". Also known as a dime. Get your fix of tech, true crime, pop culture, or comedy with these audio adventures. We have to stan. 2 : an object or individual regarded as a unit of a kind or class a piece of fruit 3 : a usually unspecified distance down the road a piece 4 : a standard quantity (as of length, weight, or size) in which something is made or sold 5 : a literary, journalistic, artistic, dramatic, or musical composition 6 : firearm 7 : coin also : token 8 Before Urban Dictionary, I'd never seen words like hella or jawn defined anywhere other than in conversation. He tried to save his wife through the video game they lovedand nearly lost himself. Definitions include: a person or thing that's amazing or sneaky. Submitted by Reginald G. from Fort Bragg, NC, USA his eyeliner could literally kill a man"); even my name, Jason, has an insane 337 definitions (my favorite one, which I can attest is 1,000 percent true: "the absolute greatest person alive"). THE ONE PIEEEEECE!!!!! Urban Thesaurus finds slang words that are related to your search query. In her new book, Because Internet: Understanding the New Rules of Language, McCulloch puts forward a question: "But what kind of net can you use to capture living language?" 45 Funny Urban Dictionary Definitions That Aren't A Disgusting Sex Act. ", Situation Two:"Then I said, 'by the way, everything you said and stand for is wrong, and I can't even believe people as ignorant as you exist'." Finally, you might like to check out the growing collection of curated slang words for different topics over at Slangpedia. However, has become a mindless forum of jokes, view-points, sex, and basically anything but the real definition of a word. portion implies an assigned or allotted part. 37 Disgusting Urban Dictionary Definitions You Definitely Shouldn't Try At Home Some ideas are so repulsive and stupid that no normal human would ever write them down, let alone immortalize them on the Internet. ", "Even worse: Now she knows I was with her boyfriend last night. Netflixs New Chris Rock Special Revives an Old Idea: Live TV, On Saturday, the streamer will air the comedians. If you need me, I'll be outside scraping off my shoes.". Adding a new definition. Definitions include: To try to take advantage of or take for granted. piece noun [C] (THING) A2 a single object of a particular type: a piece of furniture / clothing / equipment a piece of paper (= a whole sheet) a piece of china (= an object made of china) a piece of information / advice an item of clothing, especially one that is expensive, fashionable, or individually made : ", Situation Two: "That car hit the fire hydrant and then quickly went away. Dude, nice piece! Collins is a major publisher of Educational, Language and Geographic content, and has been publishing innovative, inspiring and informative books for over 200 years. Don't blame the messenger for telling you that these words exist. However, beyond the entries of obscure slang and not-so-wholesome acts of love-making, some surprisingly clever concepts materialize; as evidenced by these forty-five . Like some of the more bizarreweb expressions and acronyms, these ridiculous but very funny words are sure to make you laughand weep for today's youth. now stop bitching and get back to the kitchen." If the English language was meant to evolve, then Urban Dictionary is the Charles Darwin of society. 2. Urban Dictionary [1] is a dictionary site composed of user-submitted definitions for slang terms used either online or in real life that are not defined in an actual dictionary. Use it in a sentence: "What a loser. A Gun, knife, or other weapon. For LeBron James, it reads: "To bail out on your team when times get tough.". Definitions include: slang for "a piece of crap" used when describing something worthy of being called a big hunk of crap. Use it in a sentence: "I told my mom she looked like she'd lost weight, but she had her woman ears on and yelled at me for calling her fat. Generic - anything. Learn more. Nglish: Translation of piece for Spanish Speakers, Britannica English: Translation of piece for Arabic Speakers. Other terms relating to 'attractive female': Average of 38 votes: Definitions include: rural US slang for a kiss. She's being such a douchebaggette.". Short for virgin, this word is the perfect insult for high school kids who pretend like they have the life experience to use it. The word in the example sentence does not match the entry word. Note that this thesaurus is not in any way affiliated with Urban Dictionary. + Add a definition for this slang term Related words 4 in G, Movement I (Allegro), BWV 1049 by Kevin MacLeodhttp://www.incompetech.comVIDEOFilm Footage courtesy of Shutterstock, Inc.Used with PermissionGET MORE BUZZFEED:www.buzzfeed.comwww.buzzfeed.com/videowww.youtube.com/buzzfeedwww.youtube.com/buzzfeedvideowww.youtube.com/buzzfeedyellowwww.youtube.com/buzzfeedbluewww.youtube.com/buzzfeedpopwww.youtube.com/cnnbuzzfeedBUZZFEED VIDEOBuzzFeed is the world's first true social news organization. Free online dictionary, thesaurus and reference materials. That's what this phrase refers to. French linguist Jules Gilliron later innovated on Wenker's method: He sent a trained worker into the field to oversee the surveys. Beverly Jenkins is a humor and pop culture writer. A piece of an object is one of the individual parts or sections which it is made of, especially a part that can be removed. The second refers to the process of supporting an insult against someone who has lost an argument. Idioms with the word back, Cambridge University Press & Assessment 2023. Send us feedback. 'Hiemal,' 'brumation,' & other rare wintry words. by Fizzbytch August 31, 2010 Get the Ten Piece mug. Accessed 4 Mar. WIRED is where tomorrow is realized. There are 1198 other synonyms or words related to 10 piece listed above. Rather than spoiling a girl with anything fancy, Drake instead takes her to the drive thru and buys her a cheap ten-piece McNugget. Definitions include: an item of poor quality. and Photobombed. ", Situation Two:"This is the best movie of all time, and that's on periodt. See more words with the same meaning: attractive female. In total, there are 582 definitions for Donald Trumpsome hilarious, others so packed with bias you wonder if the president himself actually wrote them, yet none of them are entirely accurate. What to Do When Netflix Wont Let You Share Your Password. Urban Dictionary, now in its 20th year, is a digital repository that contains more than 8 million definitions and famously houses all manner of slang and cultural expressions. Definitions include: Pot and anything needed to smoke it. Definitions include: to impoverish someone through small expenses. Once submitted, each definition entry is ranked by the user base and showcased in the order of popularity. If anything, Peckham said, Urban Dictionary tapped into the pulse of our thinking. member suggests one of the functional units composing a body. Definitions include: an attractive older woman or an attractive mother. The higher the terms are in the list, the more likely that they're relevant to . Urban Dictionary is the online dictionary with definitions written by everyone. The higher the terms are in the list, the more likely that they're relevant to the word or phrase that you searched for. According to the algorithm behind Urban Thesaurus, the top 5 slang words for "10 piece" are: man dime, pos, 21, dime, and ten piece. Check out our other posts on funny signs and pie charts that explain your life! ", "You sat there for five minutes trying to tell me how to live my life, meanwhile I have yet to see you get yours together. Hopefully the related words and synonyms for "term" are a little tamer than average. ", "All you do is cap, there's nothing real about you. ", "I lowkey can't wait for summer to be over. Last edited on Jun 20 2018. Short for virgin, this word is the perfect insult for high school kids who pretend like they have the life experience to use it. You can imagine almost every girl within Drake's air space feeling somewhat entitled. Word of the Day. ", Situation Three:"And then I said, I can't support or be with someone who doesn't love and support me." ", Situation Two: "You're not going to come to the party tonight. Sharing your streaming service is about to get a lot harder, but youre not out of options. As you've probably noticed, the slang synonyms for "term" are listed above. Feb 27. buff.ly/3IAgSc6. The first refers to when someone is wearing something that is very fashionable, or has a look that looks really good. If the English language was meant to evolve, then Urban Dictionary is the Charles Darwin of society. "In the early years of Urban Dictionary we tried to keep certain words out," Peckham once said. "Girl, you slay. Luckily, like language, the internet is stubbornly resistant to stasis. Drake has showed a general disdain for some relationships, probably because he doesn't have much time for them. "Bet. Founded by Aaron Peckham in 1999then a computer science major at Cal Polythe site became notorious for allowing what sanctioned linguistic gatekeepers, such as the Oxford English Dictionary and Merriam-Webster, would not: a plurality of voice. Use it in a sentence: "I drove two hours out of my way just to avoid having to talk to my deadsh*t ex. Yo man, I'm picking up a ten piece after school Today, other digital portalsTwitter, Instagram, gossip blogs like Bossip and The Shade Room, even group texts on our smartphonesfunction as better incubators of language than Urban Dictionary. ", Situation One: "Hey, I got your text message. The site, it then seemed, was an oasis for all varieties of slang, text speak, and cultural idioms. The hope was to identify the rich, varied characteristics of a given language: be it speech patterns, specific terminology, or the lifespan of shared vocabulary. 2. It went YEET.". You never come to these types of events." She's so extra. Learn a new word every day. 0 && stateHdr.searchDesk ? Use it in a sentence: "What a loser. These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'piece.' Their name then becomes "Felicia", a random bitch that nobody is sad to see go. How Black Celebrity-Gossip Sites Smashed Headline Norms, The Mystery Vehicle at the Heart of Teslas New Master Plan, All the Settings You Should Change on Your New Samsung Phone, This Hacker Tool Can Pinpoint a DJI Drone Operator's Location, Amazons HQ2 Aimed to Show Tech Can Boost Cities. Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced searchad free! From a dime in US currency being worth 10 cents. That's not to say Urban Dictionary is vacant any good, but its utility, as a window into different communities and local subcultures, as a tool that extends sharp and luminous insight, has been obscured by darker intentions. Theorizing the Postcoloniality of African American English,, gossip blogs like Bossip and The Shade Room, London is changing its skyscraper designs, Optimize your home life with our Gear teams best picks, from. Vote how vulgar 9. Urban Dictionary: 10-piece 10-piece $ 10,000 I just broke her off with a 10-piece, dawg (10-piece, dawg) That ain't nothin', I'm just bein' friendly, dawg It's just a lil' 10-piece for her Just to blow it in the mall, doesn't mean that we're involved by Ms. Dick Pickles March 18, 2019 Get the 10-piece mug. And your street cred. characteristic of or accustomed to cities; citified: He's an urban typeI can't picture him enjoying a whole week at our cabin in the woods. The distinction between the two is clear (now). Login, Register, Login instantly with Facebook. Increase your vocabulary. Don't be such a Bieber.". Slang is often understood as a less serious form of literacy, as deficient or lacking. This is what we used to call a double-sided compliment, backhanded compliment, or left-handed compliment. Slang for 10 piece As you've probably noticed, the slang synonyms for " 10 piece " are listed above. noun an attractive female; "a 10 ". Gross, but hilarious. ", Situation Two: "Last night was a mess. ten piece $10 worth of Marijuana. However, beyond the entries of obscure slang and not-so-wholesome acts of love-making, some surprisingly clever concepts materialize;as evidenced by these forty-five Urban Dictionary definitions that dont involve a donkey and a vat of petroleum jelly: And if you liked this post, be sure to check out these popular posts: Enjoy these hilarious Urban Dictionary definitions? Definitions include: something displeasing or of poor quality. He wanted, in part, to help map the vastness of the human lexicon, in all its slippery, subjective glory (a message on the homepage of the site reads: "Urban Dictionary Is Written By You"). 3. But if the radiant array of terminology uploaded to the site was initially meant to function as a possibility of human speech, it is now mostly a repository of vile language. You're bringing me down.". Here was a place where words and phrases that friends, cousins, neighbors, and people I knew used with regularity found resonance and meaning. A 10 out of 10. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Cond Nast. It transformed into a harbor for hate speech. To link to this term in a web page or blog, insert the following. Definitions include: an unimportant news article. of, relating to, or designating a city or town: densely populated urban areas. This is someone whose head is, you know,made of douche. A female at a party who is easy to have sex with, or "slam" For LeBron James, it reads: "To bail out on your team when times get tough. ), Your vote: None Today, Urban Dictionary averages around 65 million visitors a month, according to data from SimilarWeb, with almost 100 percent of its traffic originating via organic search. Scroll through the comments of any Gen Z influencer's Instagram feed, and you may feel completely out of the loop on what the world is talking about. ", "You look really salty right now. ", "What does that mean? WIRED may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers. Urban Dictionary: If you're not familiar with it yet, we both apologize and envy you. He's hinted at this before: "chicken fingers, french fries for them hoes that wanna diss". ", Situation One: "Spill the tea, what did he say? On January 24, 2017, a user by the name of d0ughb0y uploaded a definition to Urban Dictionary, the popular online lexicon that relies on crowdsourced definitions. "Yes, I bought her flowers, took her to dinner, gave her my Netflix password, and now we're planning to go to the park tomorrow to watch birds.". It is constantly reconfiguring and building anew. Used to describe an unpleasant person, this word can also be used in place of calling someone a "b*tch." What was needed was an official archive for those evolving styles of communication. That sort of one-sided authority did not sit well with him. ", Situation One:"That outfit is snatched, you look so good. It believed in the splendor of slang that was deemed unceremonious and paltry. You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: Watch your back! Due to the way the algorithm works, the thesaurus gives you mostly related slang words, rather than exact synonyms. Definitions include: an attractive female / another word for shagging / to use. One regular defense he lobbed at critics was that the site, and its cornucopia of definitions, was not meant to be taken at face value. The search algorithm handles phrases and strings of words quite well, so for example if you want words that are related to lol and rofl you can type in lol rofl and it should give you a pile of related slang terms. That they were afforded a kind of linguistic reverence was what awed me, what drew me in. A Ten Piece is a woman that is very good looking. ", Source: Merriam-Webster, Urban Dictionary, "He's posted, like, 10 selfies in the last hour. Business English Vocabulary Builder: Powerful Idioms, Sayings and Expressions to Make You Sound Smarter in Business! Via Quickmemev. Urban Dictionary. Use it in a sentence: "What do you mean you don't want to get your hands dirty? Note that due to the nature of the algorithm, some results returned by your query may only be concepts, ideas or words that are related to "term" (perhaps tenuously). It let the cultivators of the most forward-looking expressions of language speak for themselves. Definitions include: alternate spelling of ". police) that someone was involved in a crime. That guy's a total virg." Knowing she's attractive and used to having her way with men, she wrongly assumes Drake would be willing to spend an excess of money on her. They need to get over themselves and join the fun. Add piece to one of your lists below, or create a new one. This piece shoots nice, only cost $50. Urban Dictionary said otherwise. Synonyms: component, part, section, bit More Synonyms of piece 3. countable noun A piece of land is an area of land. Collins online dictionary and reference resources draw on the wealth of reliable and authoritative information about . Perform unlimited searches for free, forever Define any word, whether it's slang or not Vote on. ", Use it in a sentence: "My teacher gave me detention. A negaton is a bit of negative energy that other people can absorb. "A printed dictionary, which is updated rarely," Peckham said in 2014, "tells you what thoughts are OK to have, what words are OK to say." Bye Felicia. Recommended videos Powered by AnyClip AnyClip Product Demo 2022 The top definition for Urban Dictionary reads: "Supposed to [b]e a user-inputed dictionary for words. 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, Select a location to see product availability, Urban Dictionary: Freshest Street Slang Defined (Volume 3), The Great Book of American Idioms: A Dictionary of American Idioms, Sayings, Expressions & Phrases. ", Use it in a sentence: "Did you see who Kyle went home with? The equipment was taken down the shaft in pieces. BREAKING: Midwestern Hipster Reveals Best Tacos in Brooklyn, 19 Grown-Ass Adults That Give A Shit About The Divergent Series, 25 Pepsi Commercial Memes That Prove All We Need Is Love, Kendall Jenner, And Canned Poison, Couple Trying To Set Up Wedding Registry Accidentally End Up On Sex Offender Registry, 33 Friends Quotes To Remind You That Life Peaked In The 90s, 45 Funny Urban Dictionary Definitions That Arent A Disgusting Sex Act. Piece words make it possible to talk about a single unit or units of something which is seen as uncountable. peak piece a very good show. Knowing she's attractive and used to having her way with men, she wrongly assumes Drake would be willing to spend an excess of . the word is not how mean it is.). Aaron Peckham, Creator of Urbandictionary.com, lives in San Luis Obispo, CA, BOOK Design Diane Marsh, Interesting Stories For Curious People: A Collection of Fascinating Stories About History, Science, Pop Culture and Just About Anything Else You Can Think of, A Very Modern Dictionary: 400 new words, phrases, acronyms and slang to keep your culture game on fleek, American Slang Dictionary, Fourth Edition (McGraw-Hill ESL References), Black Talk: Words and Phrases from the Hood to the Amen Corner, A New Look at Old Words: Street Slang from the 1600s-1800s: A Writer's Categorized Guide, A Very Modern Dictionary: Over 600 Words, Phrases & Abbreviations to Keep Your Culture Game on Point, Silicon Valley Dictionary: The Original Urban Dictionary For Silicon Valley And Big Tech, Mo' Urban Dictionary: Ridonkulous Street Slang Defined, Decoding Gen-Z Slang: Your Guide to Learning, Understanding, and Speaking the Gen-Z Vernacular. Everything you never wanted to know about the future of talking about the future. To learn more, see the privacy policy. *Note: Pictured here is "Dickbutt," a popular trolling picture on sites like Imgur. The fascinating story behind many people's favori Can you handle the (barometric) pressure? "Alright, bet. Delivered to your inbox! This describes someone so stupid that you want to stab your eyes out so that you never have to look at him or her again. "Tea. part is a general term appropriate when indefiniteness is required. ", Situation Two: "How do I look?" Ranking definitions on Urban Dictionary. Today, I don't think it's the right thing to try to remove offensive words." piece applies to a separate or detached part of a whole. Consider how Bossip's headline mastery functions as a direct extension of black stylewhich is to say the site embraces, head on, the syntax and niche vernacular of a small community of people. Pietro S. D'Aprano / Stringer / Getty Images Ad Choices. urban | Business English urban adjective uk / b n / us relating to towns and cities: an urban area / centre / community urban decay / development / planning The high-speed train link is responsible for one of the biggest urban regeneration projects in the area. ", "I'm mad salty right now though, lowkey. Test your knowledge - and maybe learn something along the way. There is still lots of work to be done to get this slang thesaurus to give consistently good results, but I think it's at the stage where it could be useful to people, which is why I released it. Due to the way the algorithm works, the thesaurus gives you mostly related slang words, rather than exact synonyms. (Peckham didn't respond to emails seeking comment for this story.) Definitions include: A young attractive girl. ", In time, however, the site began to espouse the worst of the internetUrban Dictionary became something much uglier than perhaps what Peckham set out to create. Idioms and phrases. She has published three web humor books and six calendars, including You Had One Job! on Nov 21 2001. Or you might try boyfriend or girlfriend to get words that can mean either one of these (e.g. The endeavor is both an acknowledgement of and a lifeline to a facet of black identity. A special snowflake (also known as a person with "Special Snowflake Syndrome" or "SSS") is someone who believes he or she is different from everyone else. Urban Dictionary: piece piece 1. ", Situation One: "I stan pretty hard for Lizzo. Advertise here for $5/day 10 piece Luckily, like language, the internet is stubbornly resistant to stasis. division applies to a large or diversified part. Douchenoggin. It is constantly reconfiguring and building anew. Subscribe to BuzzFeedVideo today and check us out at http://buzzfeed.com Words or phrases on Urban Dictionary may have multiple definitions, usage examples, and tags . She tells the story of German dialectologist Georg Wenker, who mailed postal surveys to teachers and asked them to translate sentences. We normally use them with of. Before he was executed, the legendary Pirate King Gold Roger revealed that he had hidden the treasure One Piece somewhere in the Grand Line.Now, many pirates are off looking for this legendary treasure to claim the title Pirate King. Here's the tea. Use it in a sentence: "I don't need your negatons today, dude. ", Situation Two: "Big flex, I just got a job promotion last night. Don't be surprised if none of them want the spotl One goose, two geese. To revist this article, visit My Profile, then View saved stories. You know the (lame) old stereotype about howwomen can sometimes take things the wrong way? Logged-in users can add themselves to the map. It also sometimes seen as "periot. It is the essential source of information and ideas that make sense of a world in constant transformation. Compare rural I'm shook. Ouch. And your street cred.Share on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/1mzEAD7Like BuzzFeedVideo on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/18yCF0bShare on Twitter: http://bit.ly/1mzEDinLearn the definitions of fart lapse, armpitties, postboned, fapidextrous, just ducky, ear boner, friendscaping, antistalking, ABC sex, and literally according to Urban Dictionary. living, located, or taking place in a city: urban rooftop gardening. It's the bowels of the internet, with some of the most disgusting and disturbing words and phrases ever thought up by humans. Urban Dictionary, now in its 20th year, is a digital repository that contains more than 8 million definitions and famously houses all manner of slang and cultural expressions. Usage explanations of natural written and spoken English. Their real name becomes irrelevant because nobody cares what it really is. 4. He's trying to flex. Managing your email preferences. Use it in a sentence:"Then she told me I wasn't drivingas badly as I did last time she rode with me. Word of the Day; Synonym of the Day; Word of the Year Crunk 1) a replacement for foul curse words (popularized by a joke on Conan O'Brien); 2) a combination of crazy and drunk, meaning crazy drunk (may also refer to people who are high); 3 . When someone says that they're leaving and you could really give two shits less that they are. These indexes are then used to find usage correlations between slang terms. To link to this term in a wiki such as Wikipedia, insert the following. A place. And it's hilarious. The official Urban Dictionary API is used to show the hover-definitions. Guy 2: No doubt, she's a Ten Piece. Share on Facebook:. part, portion, piece, member, division, section, segment, fragment mean something less than the whole. Usually between 1-2 grams. Negatons put people in a bad mood. The internet still carried an air of innocence then; the lion's share of people who roamed chat forums and posted on LiveJournal had yet to adopt the mob instincts of cancel culture; Twitter was years away from warping our consumption habits and Facebook was only a fraction of the giant it is today. Though many of these terms have been around for decades, oftentimes derived from the language of Black and queer communities, online spaces have made the spread, appropriation, and evolution of language more rapid than ever before. Definitions include: an extremely attractive woman with striking sex appeal. Peak Piece a peak show Peak piece is such a good show by Anonymous Anime Watcher February 10, 2022 Get the Peak Piece mug. We live in a magical age, people. ", Situation One: As someone throws something into the trashcan, that person may scream "YEET. ", Situation Three: "She is an incredible pop singer, unproblematic, who loves and supports equal rights. Source: Urban Dictionary Snatched: The word "snatched" has two common definitions. Definitions include: an attractive female. /BuzzFeedVideo is BuzzFeed's original YouTube Channel, with a focus on producing great short-form BuzzFeed videos for YouTube (and the world!). Search by keyword or full phrase to get clear, in-depth definitions of American idioms, British idioms, and idioms and slang . ", Situation One: "She slayed that fit" or "I slayed that test. However, has become a mindless forum of jokes, view-points, sex, and basically anything but the real definition of a word."
When Will State Employees Get A Raise In 2021, In A Listing Agreement Quizlet, Best Elementary Math Curriculum 2021, How To Knit Gloves With Two Needles, Cut Glass Candy Dish On Pedestal, Articles OTHER