The sound of the bolt stop rang through the hollow cavity of the synthetic stock. I bought a CZ 452 ZKM Varmint to shoot up all the ammo I had. Who knew wild turkey's were so stupid!? Specifications and features: Marlin model 917M2 rimfire rifle .17 MACH 2 Bolt-action repeater 7 round capacity T-900 fire control system Single-stage trigger Thumb safety Red cocking indicator Monte Carlo walnut stock, cut-checkering Mar-Shield finish 1:9" twist Blued steel Drilled & tapped for scope Swivel studs 41" overall length 5-1/2" lbs. But while the .17 HMR boasts a muzzle velocity of 2,550 fps, the propellant capacity of the smaller Long Rifle case yields only 2,100 fps (roughly twice the speed of sound, hence the name Mach 2). From the 50-yard line, the NEF Sportster was the top performer. After about 100 rounds the trigger became more consistent. Top; All; Thread: Marlin rimfire rifles. The barrel never seemed to heat up, and performance was consistent. Our opinion is that we would favor the Mark II FV with heavy barrel to minimize this problem even if the thinner barreled rifle was lighter to carry and perhaps more suitable to younger folk. Some of the earliest prototype guns have been scratched simply because getting them to function 100 percent of the time has been difficult. During accuracy testing, I fired five five-round strings from a benchrest at 50 yards. GST) Norinco Rimfires Norinco Rimfire Semi-Automatic Rifle Norinco Model JW-14 .22 Semi Automatic Rifle NZ $185 (incl. The main, and about the only, complaint I had with the 917 M2S I tested was loading the magazine. With the .17s, the manufacturers dont get this intense, so its on the shooter to cherry pick the most uniform loads. 2. Browning BL-17 17 Mach 2 Gun #: 969293341 Seller: B AND B GA Sales: 1877 $1,750.00 Full Details 1 Image (s) V-max Ammo 17 Mach 2 17gr V-max Gun #: 981725784 Seller: GunFactory $37.59 Full Details 5 Image (s) New England Arms Sportster 17 Mach 2 Gun #: 954514077 Seller: B AND B GA Sales: 1877 $499.00 Full Details 1 Image (s) The holes were plugged with blind screws. Marlin / Glenfield Rifles 917M2. w/18" bbl & blued finish & plain wood stock. The FFL Dealer is in business to make a profit and your internet purchase may be viewed as competition to their retail business. Savage made the Mark II in .17 HM2 when all others abandoned the roundeven the ammo companies. Sort By: 4 Item(s) Show. The trigger is among the best compared to other sub-$500 rimfire rifles. Read Their Fine Print!! As mentioned earlier, the success of a cartridge is largely based on the number of rifles sold and the .17 Mach 2 is already available in brands made in the U.S. and Europe, including Ely, the British firm famous for its accurate rimfire ammo. Gun is in nice used condition & is a hard to find Semi Auto 17 Mach 2 Marlin rifle. Until recently, finding any ammo for a Mach2 was like searching for hen's teeth. While the hours I spent with this gun were compressed into a few consecutive days rather than spreading it out over a few weeks as I usually do when reviewing a gun for Shooting Times, I spent several hours carrying it around my house and office (yes, my wife thinks I'm a little bit too wrapped up in my job), removing the broken stock and replacing it with a new one, and shooting it for a full afternoon at the range--both from the bench for accuracy and velocity and also rapid-fire offhand, shooting at beverage cans. Beyond that the law of gravity applies a heavy hand. On the other hand, COAL was more spread out. Of our two bolt-action rifles, the Marlin 917M2 was distinguished by its wooden stock and heavy 1:9 twist barrel. This bullet trajectory chart compares the .17 HMR, .17 HM2, .22 Long Rifle and .22 Magnum. Going with a great round like CCI's Mini-Mag, you'll keep a plinker or training gun running all day. Based on the .22 Long Rifle rimfire case, the new .17 Mach 2 (.17M2) is necked to seat a 17-grain, .17-caliber Hornady V-Max bullet and is powered to a nominal 2100 fps velocity from a standard SAAMI-reference 24-inch rifle barrel. Petefixer: I wish I could help you with finding a 17 Mach2 to "try out". The trigger offered a long radius with vertical grooves across its moderately wide face. The free-floating barrel of this Savage Arms Mark II F .17 Mach 2 Bolt-Action Rifle features button rifling and a 21-inch length. To get started, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine. per page . What should the discerning collector look for in a potential buy? View other listings from this seller. I have shot up a lot of beverage cans with rimfires over the years, and I just can't get enough of that kind of fun shooting. As of November 2000 the company names and assets attached to New England Firearms and Harrington & Richardson became the property of Marlin Firearms. My favorite pure hunting rimfire rifle, the Summit from Volquartsen, is an odd duck. MSRP: $355, Savage Mark II FV $330 at Palmetto State Armory, For those disposed to taking apart things, barrel maker Lothar Walther makes a variety of rimfire barrels chambered in 17 Mach 2, including tubes for the CZ 455/457, the Ruger Precision Rimfire Rifle, the Tikka T1X and the disgustingly awesome Zermatt Arms RimX action. Subscribe to OL+ for our best feature stories and photography. Remove; Show In Stock Only. All Shooting Times subscribers now have digital access to their magazine content. Considering the low cost of our test rifles, we preferred not to choose a scope that cost more than our most expensive model. When only the best will do, theres Vudoo. The new value of a 17 MACH2 rifle has risen $19.23 dollars over the past 12 months to a price of $365.89 . A CCI Stinger case, which measures 0.100-inch longer than a standard.22 LRcase, was necked down to take a 17-grain, 0.172-inch-diameter bullet. The Mach 2 takes a WHOPPING 10 TH of a second more at 0.45 seconds! They were the $169 New England Firearms Sportster SS1-217, Marlins $232 917M2, and the $228 Savage Arms Mark II F. The Marlin and Savage Arms rifles were magazine-fed bolt actions, and the NEF worked from a single-shot break-top design. Item currently sold out . Then I spent a fair amount of time shooting at, and hitting, empty soda pop cans. Overall length is 37 inches; weight unloaded is five pounds. The Volquartsen Summit is my favorite 17 Mach 2 for huntingnot because its the most accurate Mach 2 in my collection, but because its the most durable, weather-resistant and handiest in the woods. The varmint model features a 20.9" heavy barrel, and an American pattern varmint style stock. Top 5 Most Accurate Factory-Loaded Rifle Cartridges. The Mossberg 500 Pump Action Shotgun is one of the most popular home defense shotguns on the market. The Model 717M2 has an 18-inch sporter barrel, Monte Carlo-style hardwood stock with full pistol grip, seven-round detachable magazine, and adjustable sights. The bolt knob offered a classic battle rifle feel, and its stem was shaved at its bend to accommodate a sizable scope. Yes, there are autos, but at my age, hot shell casings bouncing off my arm, going down my shirt, occasionally whacking my glasses, is something I just dont want to put up with anymore. The extension was tubular with a checkered outer surface. For many shooters, it makes sense to use the 17 Mach 2 rather than a 17 HMR. Rifle (22 L.R. You save money, barrel life is a little longer, and the 17 Mach 2 is still a much more potent cartridge than the .22 LR. Details; SKU: 781963: Brand: Marlin: Model Number: 71900: UPC: Before there were scopes or red dots there were iron sights. This also means it does better at longer ranges. Friday, 3/3 4:15 PM. Many consumers felt the Mach 2 didnt do anything the HMR couldnt do better. But wild demand never materialized. We found the grip end of the stock mated flush to the right-hand side of the flat-black colored receiver, but the left-hand side was slightly offset. We also enjoyed carrying the Sportster cracked open with one hand cupped beneath the action. Tikka's T1x MTR is an excellent bolt gun option offered in 22LR and 17 HMR. Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 6000 USD, Received: 4635 USD (77%) Our Annual server fund drive is going on now! The Suggested retail price for the CZ 452 American in .17 Mach 2 is $389.00 Those rimfire hunters quickly realized the .17 HM2 had plenty of killing power, was more than flat enough, bucked the wind better than .22 LR and, most importantly, didnt make a mess of things if you intended to eat your target. Topped with a discontinued Nikon ProStaff P3 Target EFR 3-9x40mm scope, in a Magpul Hunter X-22 stock with a Volquartsen 16.5-inch carbon-fiber tension barrel and a Magpul Rifleman Loop Sling, the whole package weighs a shade under 7.25 pounds. The recoil buffer offers a much quieter cycling noise, so much in fact that you won't believe this is the same rifle. Here is what we learned. | Compare prices from more than 30+ gun stores. Power Rank: 0.35 of 20. The Model 717M2 is described by Marlin (Dept. Built from lessons learned in its millions of Model 60, 70, and 795 .22LR rifles, the new gun was based heavily upon . Show Only Guns Parts List. The barrel was just as heavy as the NEFs. Single-stage trigger. Run the numbers, and you see the .17 HM2 rises and falls 2 inches to 137 yards or so. All the Mach 2 ammo Ive ever put through a chrono runs between 2,050 and 2,200 fps, whatever the gun. Description: Marlin 917M2,Rare 17 Mach 2,22" Heavy Barrel,Bushnell 4x20mm Scope. Read and understand the owner's manual before using a firearm. Accutrigger technology. In fact, despite its slender stock and the less than convincing faux checkering, the 917M2 gave us the impression of being a full-size centerfire rifle. This magazine is constructed of steel and is compatible with Marlin bolt and pre-1996 semi-auto action rifles. T-900 fire control system. Browning 7mm rem. Just like weve seen at 50 yards, its common to shoot a very nice cluster of four shots within an inch, with the fifth remaining round way out in left field, blowing the group. Guns & Military Artifacts > Day Two Gun Collectors Dream Auction #33 1200 Lots The Konus Pro offered an etched glass-reticle that gave us plenty of light, and it featured fine crosshairs centered inside of a diamond pattern. Find a FFL Dealer. The receiver is made from steel an. The .17 HM2 is based on the .22 Long Rifle Stinger case design, necked down to .17 caliber and using a bullet weighing less than half what typical .22 Long Rifle bullets weigh. Get the latest news and reviews from Gundigest.com. The shell casing and bullet are designed to have a higher velocity . Ships Within 5 to 7 Business Days After Valid FFL is Received. You have entered an incorrect email address! The By It is a blowback autoloader with side ejection, automatic last-shot bolt hold-open, manual bolt hold-open, and a crossbolt safety. Marlin .22lr and 17 Mach 2 Review - YouTube Marlin .22lr and 17 Mach 2 Review 4,725 views Dec 9, 2017 19 Dislike Share Save TNGA Outdoors 32 subscribers Here's a review on the Marlin 22lr /. Once the firearm is transferred into your name, Cheaper Than Dirt! The difference in accuracy delivered by a cool barrel, and shots fired from a hot one was noticeable. 17 Mach 2 (HM2) Ammo. Today, the rifles we use are still constantly being updated and innovated to provide increases in durability and accuracy. Head shots or nothing, became the Mach 2 small-game hunters credo. Save my name and email to use for future comments. Its light, tight, fast and the tolerances are so legit that Ive yet to find one that needed a bedding job. Much of that can be attributed to the velocity of . Since rifles in .17 Mach 2 caliber, like the .17 HMR before it, can be based on existing .22 rimfire models, the new caliber can be quickly added to a makers catalog by the simple expedient of substituting a .17-caliber barrel. Toppped w/Tasco scope & comes w/1 additional SS magazine. Sort by: Show Available. From the 50-yard bench the Marlin 917M2 helped us shoot groups ranging in size from 0.6 inches to 1.0 inches across with both the Hornady and CCI ammunition. There were only three operational features on the NEF Sportser. The V-Max bullets are identical, save the different-colored tips. The A17 HM2 works, is inexpensive and can be made very accurate by glass bedding action to stock. The safety worked with a reassuring on/off click. Owner's Manual. Marlin 70723 XT-17VSL Bolt Action 17 HMR 22" 4+1/7+1 Laminate Gray Stock Stainless Steel. ST, 100 Kenna Dr., North Haven, CT 06473; 203-239-5621; www.marlinfirearms.com) as a brand-new design, which is reflected in the sleek new shape of the gun's receiver, but in operation it is very similar to the .22-caliber Marlin Model 795. Manufacturer: Marlin Firearms Model: 717M2 Operation: Blowback autoloader Caliber: 17 Mach 2 Barrel Length: 18 inches Overall Length: 37 inches Weight, empty: 5 pounds Safety: Crossbolt Sights: Adjustable rear; ramp front Stock: Monte Carlo-style hardwood Magazine Capacity: 7 rounds Finish: Blued metal; Mar-Shield wood Firearm transfer must be the actual transferee/buyer. Ultimately, the success of any new cartridge depends on the number and choices of rifles in which it is offered. CANNON ACTION WITH RCBS DIES. Please try a new zip code and search again. The proven delayed-blowback action used in the A17 17 HMR is replicated in the new offering to support the high pressures of the Mach 2 caliber. Interesting enough, Hornady labels their ammo with a velocity of 2,100 fps, whereas the CCI is marked 2,010 fps. Overall, the Model 717M2 is a great little autoloader. Transfer fees may apply. We would rank gusting wind as the greatest agitate to accurate long distance shots. Manufacturers have spent a lot of time studying and testing the gas pressure-bolt weight relationship for semiautomatics chambered for the new .17 Mach2. $2,115.00 No Reviews Write a Review. Since rifles in .17 Mach 2 caliber, like the .17 HMR before it, can be based on existing .22 rimfire models, the new caliber can be quickly added to a maker's catalog by the simple expedient of substituting a .17-caliber barrel. Smith. The .17M2 round does not develop the velocity of .17 HMR ammunition (by about 350 fps on average), but it still offers a very flat trajectory and the advantage of the modern .17 caliber bullet is touted as being more accurate than traditional rimfire slugs. All Rights Reserved. (That's nearly 70 percent faster than a standard-velocity .22 LR.) With an average pull weight of 4 pounds 11 ounces, the 917s trigger is heavier than I would prefer for accurate shooting, but this is offset somewhat by its surprisingly crisp let-off. For hunting small game such as squirrels at close (treetop) range I would prefer it over the .17 HMR, and with ear protection the report is only a mild pop. This was heavier than our other rifles, but none of it was wasted on takeup or grit. Most orders are processed within 2-3 business days from the time we receive and verify the FFL Dealers information. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Gun Tests has been independently reviewing firearms since 1989. The magazine release consisted of a sheet metal tab that was pulled to the rear to disengage. COMPETITOR PISTOL 17 MACH IV 16 . We also noticed that the trigger did have some play side to side. Red cocking indicator. The .17 HM2 is based on the .22 Long Rifle "Stinger" case, necked down to .17 caliber (4.5 mm) and using a bullet weighing less than half the weight of a typical .22 Long Rifle bullet. Most semi-auto .22 LRs have a direct blow-back action. Equipped with the AccuTrigger, we think the Mark II F would be a much better rifle. Marlin MasterPiece Arms MATRIX AEROSPACE CORP. Mauser MAVERICK ARMS . We show you how. The manufacturer said that this was not a palm swell or similar feature but actually a manufacturing defect. I do though want to encourage you to keep looking for one. They shoot whisper-tiny projectiles the same diameter as the BBs we all loved to pop away with as kids. GUN COLLECTIONS WANTED FOR CASH! Ruger Takedown 22LR (11112) - 16.4" Threaded Barrel - Black Synthetic Stock - Price: $495.00, Savage Model AXIS II XP - 6.5 Creedmoor - 22" Barrel - Price: $519.00, Ruger American - .243 WIN - 36923 - 16.1 in. Shot into ballistic gelatin from an 18-barreled Marlin 60 rifle and a 200-f.p.s. Even with the barrel release offset to the right, we would judge this rifle to be equal in favor of right- or left-handed shooters. The .17 Hornady Magnum Rimfire, or .17 HMR, is a high-powered and highly accurate rifle cartridge. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service. Well, my review of Marlin's brand-new .17 Mach2 Model 717M2 semiautomatic rifle started out rough but ended up really smooth. Shooting Marlin's new Model 717M2 semiautomatic rifle chambered for the .17 Mach2 rimfire cartridge demonstrated that it functions flawlessly and is capable of half-inch accuracy at 50 yards. Ammo supplies eased up and I figured that I. We recommend the use of protective eyewear whenever using or near the use of this item. At 100 yards that turns into just over 300 th of a second difference. You have entered an incorrect email address! 7249 (konusscopes.com). A shooter who wants to make themselves extra crazy or typically finds themselves bored on a Saturday night could do both. The .17 HM2 stands (l. to r.) next to itsfirst cousin, the .17 HMR and its father, the .22 LR. I choose the Volquartsen .17 Mach 2 Heavy Bolt (#930 . Also stock up on ammo and gun accessories for your 17 HMR rifle. Add to My Saved Parts . LinkBack. The comb met the shooters cheek with a Monte Carlo-style contour. Featured Ads stick to top of all ad list pages chronologically by category, search and location. So, in 2004, Hornady and CCI made a big to-do of the new .17 Mach 2, which produced muzzle velocities twice the speed of sound. Store hours Thurs-Fri-10AM-8PM Sat-9AM-12PM All Other times please leave a message,Thank You! There was quite a bit of flex and gap between the forend and the barrel, so there appeared to be an effective float between the barrel and the stock. It includes a NO Credit Card Fees Like the Other Guys!! This new Savage MKII-F bolt action rifle is chambered for .17 Mach II. The stock was one piece completely enveloping the action but left about five dollar bills width of float beneath the barrel. Inside the extension was an Allen set screw that was remarkably hard to turn. MSRP: $1,225, Unless youre made of money, this should be your first 17 Mach 2 rifle. During initial accuracy testing at 50 meters, using Hornady ammo with 17-grain jacketed V-Max bullets, the Marlin rendered one of the best demonstrations of a new rifle getting its act together Ive ever seen. Savage and Volquartsen put out new rifles in the caliber. And the rounds I put through it were on top of all the shooting Hornady had already done with it before I received it. It shows signs of light use and n (02320) This is a new CZ USA Model 457 American Combo rifle chambered in 22lr and 17 hmr. . Designed for professionals, the Glock G17 is the most widely used law enforcement pistol worldwide. The stock was inlet with economy and precision, giving the bolt and the lever-style safety a purposeful look. If you havent heard yet, be advised that millions of gun owners may soon be classified as felons if a new Bureau of Alcohol, .17 Mach 2s: New England Firearms Sportster Is An Affordable Blast to SIG Sauer P365XL Spectre P365V001 9mm Luger, Springfield Armory Hellcat Pro HCP9379BOSP 9mm Luger, SHOT 2023: Savage Arms Introduces 1911 Government Model Pistols, 5 Best 9mm Pistols for Concealed Carry in 2023, New Shooters Guide: The Best Gun For Home Defense Isnt a. Recoil: 0.17. They were the trigger, which broke cleanly at 4 pounds every time, the hammer, and the barrel release. Lighter and tougher and more precise than ever, it's the perfect back country hunting rifle. Why does this matter? The .17 HMR is simply the .22 Mag. #95416904; 17 Mach 2 cal. Groups were measured with a set of digital calipers edge-to-edge and 0.172the diameter of a .17 bulletwas deducted and recorded. However, since the new year, I have noticed. The 12 month average price is $359.43 new and $195.23 used. Actual buyer must pickup from FFL dealer who will conduct the background check. To experience shooting .17 Mach 2 rounds from behind the trigger, we acquired three rifles. The HMR was a wild success, and much of the industry wasnt ready for the unprecedented demand in .17 ammo and firearms. All groups firing the Remington ammunition measured about 0.9 inches, so we tried shooting the Remington Accutip V boattails from the 100-yard bench. This new chambering for the A17 semi-automatic rifle joins the already extremely popular, 17HMR A17 rifle, that was released in 2015. Guns Rifles Marlin Rifles Modern Bolt Pump Marlin . It features a black synthetic stock, 20.75" barrel, optic mounts, accutrigger and black finish. Fees can vary so check with the FFL Dealer ahead of time to request a quote on the fees associated with your firearm transfer. This item is currently unavailable. Select a local Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) Dealer that will accept the firearm and complete the transfer. These aluminum rings worked perfectly well and we were able to mount our Konus Pro scope just above the hammer. The .17 Mach 2 was specifically designed to work in any firearm that can be chambered for the .22 LR and both cartridges are used for plinking, small game hunting and short to medium range varmint shooting. Description: This is a very unique pistol it is for target shooting, The early ones were made in Italy. This Listing is for One Factory Brand New in the Box Ruger American 9mm Semi-Auto Pistol wtih 4.2" Barrel, 2 x 17 NO Credit Card Fees Like the Other Guys!! It sits in a custom Outlander stock by Grayboe, which shoulders, swings and all-around feels like a true sporter. Because the .17 HM2 is just a necked-down .22 LR, existing magazines tend to work fine. I quickly removed the broken stock and installed the new one. 3. . The A17 17 HM2 is designed with a free-floating, button rifled barrel, corrosion resistant chrome plated bolt, bolt release and removable dust cover for improved functionality. Part Key: 23. Donation Goal. Groups fired from 100 yards with the Remington ammunition ranged from 1.6 inches to 2.0 inches across. $900.00. GUN COLLECTIONS WANTED FOR CASH! The Barn (Oakey) CZ 452 American left hand boltaction rimfire rifle $990.00 FOR SALE Caliber: 17HMR Condition: VERY GOOD State: Victoria More Details. We liked the Marlin 917M2 because it was a pleasure to shoot an inexpensive bolt action rifle that handled and performed like a much bigger gun. All the major manufacturers had rifles ready to go. But the trigger did wear in, and if it never smoothed out, at least it became more predictable. Description: This is a very lightly used GLOCK-17 Gen-3 9mm pistol with 2 x 17-round magazines, NEW Meprolight night sights, a Glock box & manual. All told, 10 five-shot groups of each ammo type were sent into USBR targets at 50 yards. A 5 round detachable magazine is included with each rifle. Shop online for the best selection and prices of 17 HMR rifles at Hinterland Outfitters. Boutique options soon became available from Anschutz and Vudoo Gun Works. Propelling a 17-grain .17 caliber V-Max bullet at about 2,050 fps from a rifle, the .17M2 shoots flatter than the .22LR but not quite as flat as the .17HMR. It was developed by necking down a .22 Magnum case to take a .17 caliber (4.5 mm) projectile. Rifles . We tested with the only three .17M2 rounds we could find. They produce almost no discernable recoil. Walther's new Performance Duty Pistol is ready for both concealed carry and conventional service situations. The company made its humble start in 1963in Gussago, Italywhen Giuseppe Pietta made a commitment to produce guns as authentic and true-to-original as possible. The trigger guard was molded as part of the stock. After shooting the Marlin Model 717M2 in this manner, I'm good for a few more weeks. The transfer bar fills the gap between the face of the hammer and the firing pin. Sorting is largely a waste of time when it comes to .22 LR because Eley and Lapua do a much better job sorting their good ammo than any shooter with a powder scale ever couldand they package their most consistent, uniform ammo together under brands like X-Act and Tenex.
Columbus Clippers Score Last Night, Dog Chromosome 1 Function, Blackstone Analyst Salary Wso, Articles OTHER