Thisinexpensive preventativeadditive can help you resolve andavoidfuturestiction. I put about 3.5 qts. Thanks for the info Heartbeat. Ford Performance Limited-Slip Differential Friction Modifier, 4 oz x 12 (M-19546-A12) 0. I just filled the axle in my 5500 with gear oil instead of synthetics. The AAM axles are full when they're 1/2" from the fill hole, there should be a fill level line on the rear diff cover even. Dodges use Dana rear ends and front ends. 2008 Chevrolet SILVERADO 2500 HD PICKUP 6.0L 8 -cyl Engine [K] Change Engine Quarts LITERS Change Vehicle View Previous Version Engine Transmission Differential Transfer Case Other Fluids Additional Products Create an Oil Change Kit Hide Kit Pricing Options: $119.39 Retail Price ( USD) Preferred Price: $91.84 Save: $27.55 Learn More It's the same rear as the 88-98 trucks, which was an 8.5", but in 99 they started using larger bearings on the differential, so they dubbed it the 8.625", or 8.6" for short. This article applies to the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 (2014-present). It may help you decide what you want to use. 5-speed transmission without low gear (MG5), Front axle drive shaft spline or one-piece drive shaft spline (two-wheel drive with automatic transmission), Outer tailgate handle pivot points, hinges, latch bolt and linkage. Pump slowly until fluid starts to come out of the fill hole. Its designed to get you and keep you from getting stuck, not for performance at 60mph like you would need in a Corvette. GM recommends a 15W-40 viscosity grade engine oil in all instances that the ambient temperature remains greater than 0 F. If the ambient temperature is below 0 F, a 5W-40 engine oil is required to maximize protection during cold starts and the engine warm-up period. Aug 10, 2020. That's correct; the 6.0 gassers have a different rear differential (10.5") than the 8.1L and the 6.6L (11.5") on the 2500/3500HD's. My previous response should have said the 8.1L gas engine and the 6.6L diesel use the same rear differential. Engines have various flow characteristics that affect how your engine will run. The trade marks appearing on this website including, but not limited to: GM, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Oldsmobile, Opel, Pontiac, Saturn, Vauxhall and their respective logos, emblems, slogans and vehicle model names and body designs are trademarks and/or service marks of General Motors Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates or licensors. Don't loose the 4WD in your Chevy Silverado. Like the drain plug, this only needs to be hand-tightened. FR3 Friction Reduceris an oil additiveand infused in all Hot Shots Secret oils that increaseslubricationandreduces wearontheoil. In this video we show how to service the rear differential fluid on a Chevrolet 2500HD. The front I'm pretty sure is a 8.25" differential. So the question is. (lbs), Compare 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Different Trims . car Greasing front end on a 2014 Chevy 2500 with a 6.6L LML Duramax with How to Service a Transmission on a 2014 Chevy 2500 6.6L LML Duramax. The transfer case controls whether you are in four-wheel drive or in two-wheel drive, so it's important to make sure it's maintained properly. Depending on Your specific rear differential in the 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD, You'll use the same type of gear oil (75W-90), but varying capacities. 6.6L Turbo V8 Diesel. 2001 to 2007 model year engines require a CI-4 or CH-4 engine oil, while later 2007.5 and newer engines require a CJ-4 or CK-4 engine oil. You can (and should) replace the fluid in the diffs around 45-50k. Engine Oil Cooler Yes. Quart and a half out and three quarts back and absolutly no evidence of a leak anywhere. I want to say mine was "low" by my standards when I brought it homeit was around a 1/2 inch (or more) below the fill hole. We research hundreds of models each Compare 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD different trims: 2023 MH Sub I, LLC. I have edited that post with the current information. I would have ordered the wrong amount. Examine the plug for metal shavings from the gears. 2023 Vehicle History Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2013 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Work Truck (WT) Full Specs. VehicleHistory.com Dcouvrez en images les prvisions mto compltes du mardi 21 fvrier 2023 Paris et en le-de-France sur BFM Paris le-de-France. You no longer need to do a tune-up every six monthsor change the oil every three months, but regular service and check-ups are still essential to your vehicles longevity. Tag on the differential suggest a level to maintain- 15 to 40 mm below fill hole (not real easy to determine). I'm thinking they probably fill them by volume (automated, so to speak), and not by levelI fill this one to where the fluid runs out the fill hole. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Mt. This article applies to the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 (2007-2013). All capacities are approximate. Most motor oils are made up of a blend of additives designed to improve performance in some capacity. The cover is bolted on with twelve 10mm bolts and the plug can be opened using a 3/8" drive. I fill em with 75x140 amsoil in the rear and 75x90 in the front. 10W-30 engine oil is listed in the 2001 to 2007 Duramax diesel manual, it comes with no recommendations; it is acceptable, but not preferred in any instance. Want to make it last? If you have any further interest please visit http://www.2carpros.com Shop the 2CarPros store This Is. Safety Features. The 6.6 liter Duramax oil capacity is 10 quarts a massive amount of oil. What year is your dually and is it the HD model? Could be as simple as the position of the asymmetrical center sectionturn it one way and it will displace more volume than if its turned 90*. I know the front is 2 qts, but 4.4 pints is only a little over 2 qts, which is almost half of the 4 qts that gmclbz is saying. I'm just trying to find what a good amount would be to stick in a dually rear end. I'm guessing 3 quarts each. SAE 10w-30 temperatures above 0 degrees F, Synchromesh transmission fluid or equivalent, Syn-torq synthetic transmission fluid or equivalent, Trans-Synd synthetic transmission fluid or equivalent, DEXRON III automatic transmission fluid (2006 and later models require DEXRON VI). * This item is affected by severe operating conditions as described below. The components in the FR3 friction reducer help extend youroils stability,performance,film strength and, most importantly,friction reduction. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Tag on the differential suggest a level to maintain- 15 to 40 mm below fill hole (not real easy to determine). VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. just because it is written in the OM, does that mean you should follow it to a T? The biggest the amsoil site has listed is 6.3 pints. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Joined Apr 14, 2008 . Doing basic service for your 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 you're not only saving money, but also also improving your technical skills and learning something new. The Chevy Silverado, like any other truck, isn't perfect. Even modern cars stuffed with electronics can be serviced in your garage or even in your driveway. Used 75w-90 in the front (conventional since mine was a 2000 and hers is a 2002) and Syn 75-90 in the rear. . The rear differential fluid capacity in a 2006 chevy 2500 hd is 3 quarts. I put fluid in until it ran out the fill plug. Modern vehicles need much less maintenance than the vehicles of 25 years ago, but they still need fluid changes, inspections,and adjustments. It's recommended taking some shop rags and cleaning off any loose dirt around the fill plug; this helps to prevent any contaminants from entering the transfer case. It's all may be done by yourself in a mater of a couple of hours. I wonder why the difference? Take care of your 4WD system, and it will take care of you. I bought the 2 1 gallon gallon jugs and i was able to fill both with plenty of left over.. When it is very cold, below 0 Deg. Hard to pay that much for the almost 3 gallons of synthetic when the Spicer manual says that mineral oil is fine. Get your hand pump and fluid ready to go back under the truck. What about this oil number 75-140 full synthetic is it work with gmc sierra 2500 hd or no. Greasing front end on a 2014 Chevy 2500 with a 6.6L LML Duramax with Frantz oil bypass filter system. The 06 2500HD was available with a 11.5 RG rear differential, a 9.25 RG rear differential, a 9.75 RG rear differential, a 10.5 RG rear differential, a 9.5 RG rear differential, or an 8.6 RG rear differential. For additional lubricity,LX4 Lubricity Extrememay be used. Changed the fluid in the rear differential. These AAM axles aren't like the Dana axles used in previous years or in Jeeps where the full line is the fill plug opening. If you can't get the fill plug out, then you don't want to proceed with draining the fluid; otherwise, you're stuck until you do get it out. Overview Silverado 2500HD 4WD Crew Cab Long Box LTZ Package Includes Price starting at $41,695 Drivetrain 4-Wheel Drive Engine Order Code LY6 Engine Type and Required Fuel Gas V8 Displacement. When adding, be sure to fill to the approximate level. Synthetic blend oils may require more frequent changes to keep your engine clean. The 06 2500HD was available with a 11.5 RG rear differential, a 9.25 RG rear differential, a 9.75 RG rear differential, a 10.5 RG rear differential, a 9.5 RG rear differential, or an 8.6 RG rear differential. (lbs), Fifth Wheel Hitch - Max Trailer Wt. Not sure it matters but it's the G80 with 3.73 gears. Stiction Eliminator removes the stiction to help reduce the turbos spool time and build RPM boosts more quickly. The question of synthetic oil should still play a role in your decision-making. We give you service schedules for normal and severe use, fluid capacities, and a complete list of recommended filters, engine oils, and fluids to use. 2007.5 3500 MegaCab SLT SRW 4x4 6.7L, 68RFE w/ Mag-Hytec, XRT Pro, Diamond Eye DPF Delete, leveling kit w/ Bilstein 5100s, SnugTop Rebel shell, Insight CTS, Hell Bent Steel SBS -. If the fluid goes bad or gets low, it can't do its job as well which can lead to damaging the gears inside the transfer case. By logging into your account, you agree to our, Current Chevy Trucks, SUV's, Crossovers & Vans, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. C), you should use SAE 5W-40 to improve cold starting. Use Shift Restore as a preventative maintenance product or to solve existing issues with the transmission. Do you no the ring gear for my truck. Stiction Eliminatorismeanttolast as long as your oil cycles. I am going to put Amsoil In my front and rear end. For the 2009 it shows two diff one is the 11.50" The other is that 9.50-10.50" which is the only one that showed up on the 2005 look up. Luckily, this can be addressed by following the proper L5P Duramax Maintenance schedule. When you want the best diesel oil for a Duramax, you need to take all considerations into account. Strangley GM (last time I checked) and AAM both call for the heavier oil. Never had a problem running empty with the heavier oil in the old truck and it didnt seem to hurt the MPG either. I asked my dealer and they said "3 quarts I think". '07 Dodge 2500 QC SLT TRX4 Offroad 4x4 SB 6.7 Auto full deletes XRT Pro Pusher Intake Manifold & tube S&B with scoop my DD. Many people debate whether synthetic or non-synthetic oils are the way to go, when it really comes down to additives. Hmmmm, still doesn't add up but whatever it is, for sure it was low and now it is "adequate". year to help you gain confidence about one of your largest purchase decisions. Engine: 6.0L V8 Gas. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. So the question is What is the fluid capacity of the rear differential? The most important thing is to make sure you put the right amount of the required friction modifier in or you will burn the diff up. I do a lot of towing with mine. the 10.5 takes 3.25QT / 9.5 2.7QT .. now on filling with the vehicle LEVEL in warm weather fill to just below the fill hole. :S: Amsoil just came out with a "Upgraded Technology" Nov 2010' per Falex Extreme-Pressure Tests (ASTMD-3233) 80% increase in EP (extreme pressure) Protection, also increased in anti-wear properties under heavy load. DO NOT PUT THE BLUE GM "AUTO TRAC" FLUID IN THIS T-CASE! 2CarPros Fully synthetic oils require fewer oil changes, but youre often paying more for the quality.
Food Trucks Princeton, Mn, St George Greek Orthodox Church Lynn Ma, Are The Greensboro Four Still Alive, Articles OTHER