c. Providing anticipatory guidance to a client in crisis Incorrect: Teaching is outside the scope of practice for the LPN/LVN. Gathering needed equipment and supplies is within the scope of duties for the UAP. 3. d. I will place a bath seat in my shower to use when I bathe, b. Correct: Positive feedback is an effective communication tool that improves the workplace environment and encourages individual achievement, particularly in challenging situations. d. I'll use each cleansing wipe twice, d. I decline this opportunity at this time (assertive because it contains an "I" statement and it is clear and firm), 52. a. Hypotension Which of the following statements should the nurse identify as an indication the client needs further teaching? The charge nurse's best response is to first obtain the needed information to make the best decision. 4. 1., 4., & 5. When the licensed person cannot determine this, the task should not be delegated. Assigning blame for the changes to administration will not help staff adjust. 5. It is quicker to administer medications intravenously in the hospital 3. The nurse received a client following surgery 8 hours ago. 1., 2., & 5. The surgeon initially prescribes a clear liquid diet. Post-surgical pain is expected and without further parameters, no determination can be made regarding this client. Correct: The LPN/LVN can monitor for behavioral changes and can look for potential safety hazards. Asking for an explanation c. Take the client to the bathroom every 2 hr A client on a surgical unit frequently quarrels with the staff. The client must understand the need for restraints (Select all that apply.). Nothing by mouth (NPO). Select all that apply 3. 1. Which of the following clients should the charge nurse assign to a licensed practical nurse (LPN)? 1. Tenderness over the symphysis pubis A nurse caring for a client is using active listening skills. d. Expect minor discomfort after the procedure, b. I will come back later and we can talk (offers herself to client which encourages open communication). It is not a routine task. 3. This client needs careful monitoring and specialized care. 2. A medical-surgical LPN has been sent to a short-staffed pediatric unit. Soaking the dentures in hot water Sudden attacks of sleep 2. Cystogram reporting burning on urination. 5. Ambulating a client who is 2 days post vaginal hysterectomy Which client should the nurse see first? Which task would be appropriate for the nurse to assign to an unlicensed assistive personnel (UAP)? d. Counting radial pulse Which of the following actions should the nurse take regarding informed consent? Drag and Drop the items from one box to the other. b. a. A nurse is assessing a client at a follow-up clinic for acute low back pain. 1. 1. Assess personal level of fatigue prior to making a decision regarding accepting or refusing assignment. A nurse receives a client care assignment from the charge nurse that he believes is unfair. The best practice committee utilizes current research in their recommendations. This client is stable and predictable. a. Find a mentor Most nurses learn to make nurse-patient assign-ments from a colleague. The provider must renew a restraint prescription every 8 hr. Irrigate a client's ear canal. The stem does not indicate any loss of neurological function resulting from the seizure activity. However, it is on the "Do Not Use" list of abbreviations because it can be confused with morphine sulfate (MSO4). 1. d. Otorhinolaryngologist, c. Irrigating a client's abdominal wound 1. Which of the following actions should the nurse take prior to administering the tube feeding? b. 3. 4. The nurse has another priority. 4. Select all that apply. b. Dons gloves to empty a urinary drainage device c. Notifying the provider of physical exam findings Which of the following statements should the nurse identify as an indication that the client needs further teaching? What is the most appropriate action by the charge nurse? EXAMPLE: Of my three brothers and sisters, my sister Giselle has the better sense of humor. 2. Which clients could be assigned to an LPN? c. imaginary This assumption is not appropriate, and the feelings and concerns of the client should be addressed. Correct: Hot water may damage dentures so intervention is needed. 1. Accept assignment, documenting personal concerns regarding work conditions. A client who is disoriented and awaiting transfer to a long-term care facility. Removing the client's dentures The nurse can accept the assignment, documenting your personal concerns regarding working conditions in which management decides the legitimacy of employee's personal concerns. Each ROM movement should be repeated 5 times during the session. A newly licensed nurse is seeking advice from her preceptor about the need to purchase personal professional liability insurance. Did the words diabetic neuropathy make you think that a LPN should not be assigned to this diabetic? d. Proceed with the preparation of the patient's surgical procedure, 15. Assign a nursing assistant to help the client with self-care activities. 1. a. a. Clarifying b. Assigning tasks to an AP *HURST REVIEW Qbank/Customize Quiz - Manageme, *HURST REVIEW Qbank/Customize Quiz - Adult He, *HURST REVIEW Qbank/Customize Quiz - Basic Ca, *HURST REVIEW Qbank/Customize Quiz - Fundamen, ***HURST REVIEW NCLEX-RN Readiness Exam 1***, The Language of Composition: Reading, Writing, Rhetoric, Lawrence Scanlon, Renee H. Shea, Robin Dissin Aufses, Edge Reading, Writing and Language: Level C, David W. Moore, Deborah Short, Michael W. Smith. Administering IV pain medication to a two day post op client. Incorrect: Dealing with a client's emotional state requires a formative evaluation to gauge readiness and requires the knowledge of the RN. A. Now, in Option #2, we see a dangerous prescription. d. principal. The second client the nurse needs to see is the client diagnosed with gastroenteritis who had two 300 mL diarrhea stools in one hour. Client to receive dietary education. To focus on effective learning with this client, which of the following interventions should the nurse use? Which of the following pieces of PPE should the nurse remove first? Notify the nursing supervisor of the situation. 3. 3. Correct. There may be a good reason that the tray was not served. Incorrect: First, the local news does not necessarily have the most accurate information on the disaster. Point out inconsistences in the client's behavior (a nurse using confrontation helps the client become aware of inconsistencies in his feelings, attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors. 4. c. We administer all medications intravenously to clients in this unit The below statement corresponds to a numbered sentence in the passage. b. I will keep the fluorescent ceiling light on in my room at night 2. 1. Incorrect: Informing is the same thing as teaching. Start MgSO4 at 3g/hr IV Call the family of a client suffering from dementia to discuss long term care placement. Which of the following actions should the nurse take? Administer sodium polystyrene sulfonate enema. Which of the following findings associated with urinary retention should the nurse expect? b. A nurse is admitting a client from a long-term care facility. Incorrect: The client does need to be cleaned out below the tumor so that the primary care provider can see the area of concern and complete the biopsy. They are more direct when discussing issues (men focus on issues and discuss them more directly and readily than women do), 20. d. Apply cornstarch to keep the skin dry, b. Wash the area of the puncture thoroughly with soap and water (the greatest risk to this client is injury from any bloodborne pathogens on the needle therefore the first action the nurse should take is to provide immediate first aid), 28. Occupational therapist (an occupational therapist assists clients who have physical challenges to use adaptive devices and strategies to help with self-care activities such as feeding). This could be devastating to the client if the decimal point is missed and the client receives 200 mg instead of the intended 20 mg of lisinopril. a. A charge nurse is making client care assignments. During exacerbation, the client will have many diarrhea stools. Incorrect: The charge nurse does not have to assess every client. d. Apply antiembolic stockings, d. I will place a bath seat in my shower to use when I bathe, 44. A family member requests that the nurse apply restraints. A list of current medications is sent to the facility. INCORRECT: Clients with COPD are always short of breath and dyspnea is an expected finding during an exacerbation. An adolescent client post appendectomy reporting pain. 3. What would the approximate meaning of photoelectric be, based on these root words? d. The presence of a bed alarm could have prevented the client from falling, b. Assess the client (to check if there is any harm to the client), 69. 2. Discarding the first urine voided by the client starting a 24 hour urine test. 3. This is an appropriate and safe action for the unlicensed nursing assistant to do. A charge nurse is making assignments for an oncoming shift. Besides yourself, there are the following staff: Your unit has 12 beds. A nurse is rehearsing assertive communication approaches to use when declining leadership of a nursing department committee. The nurse delegated feeding of a client to the unlicensed assistive personnel (UAP). 4. This is not a situation that requires the LPN to notify the primary healthcare provider. Because positioning on a bedpan requires rolling of the client, an RN should be assigned to assess the insertion site and monitor for the presence of bleeding. Obtain a client's consent d. Have the client practice blood-glucose monitoring using a glucometer, d. When asking if the client took his medications this morning, 81. d. Arguing, a. I'll apply ankle to my ankle today and tomorrow (the RICE acronym outlines how to treat an ankle sprain: rest, ice, compression, elevation), 16. A nurse is caring for a client who frequently attempts to remove his IV catheter. The client reports constipation for 4 days which may be an indication of worse problems. Which of the following actions should the nurse take? Correct: Nurses must immediately report all client care issues, concerns or problems to the supervising nurse, the primary healthcare provider and/or the performance improvement or risk management department. 1. 4. Which nursing intervention should the charge nurse implement? c. Gender Encourage the client to use self-exploration a. I will keep my walker at the end of my bed 1. a. Incorrect: A client scheduled for surgery after a mastectomy is still able to make decisions. c. Malpractice When determining if the client is eating a well-balanced diet The report should contain consequences. A nurse is providing care to a client who is on strict bed rest following surgery. "The client is weak on the right side, so please assist the client with dressing . Incorrect: An Advance Directive is a written, legal document regarding preferences for medical care should a person become unable to make medical decisions. Following a large hurricane, multiple clients arrive at the emergency room for treatment. A nurse has just finished a wound irrigation for a client who requires contact precautions. This nurse does not have much experience on this unit and may not have cared for a client with postpartum preeclampsia before. Incorrect: The scope of practice for the UAP encompasses basic personal care needs, ambulating, and taking vitals; however, the nurse must still verify that all tasks are accomplished in a safe manner. Incorrect: A UAP may not remove and change surgical dressings, which would involve assessment and further education. a. Point out inconsistences in the client's behavior b. Which of the following actions should the nurse take? "Please explain what you mean by the word 'nervous'.". Schedule visiting times in two-hour increments so clients are not overwhelmed. This is an appropriate prescription. d. Discard the prepared medications and begin again after returning, d. I will wear synthetic clothing and woolen socks when using my oxygen (woolen and synthetic materials can generate static electricity and oxygen is a flammable gas - the client should wear cotton), 73. c. Blood-tinged urine Which of the following actions should this nurse take? Prepare a list of clients who could quickly be discharged or transferred. Besides, a charge nurse is a leader on the floor and should possess . 1. e. The urge to move the legs when trying to sleep, 66. Plan all care to be completed in early morning to allow afternoon for visitation. 6. 5. c. I will cover the catheter so he cannot see it (Select all that apply.) Review a low-sodium diet for a client with hypertension. 2. 4. d. Highly concentrated urine, 91. Correct: Assisting clients with activities of daily living are within the UAPs scope of practice. Those clients who may be discharged or transferred will be informed, but it is not appropriate to alert every client. INCORRECT: There is no information regarding how recent was the surgery or the degree of pain being experienced. 3. A nurse is preparing to move a client who is only partially able to assist up in a bed. Charge nurses have integral roles in healthcare organizations. d. Sleep apnea Witness the client's signature Teach caregivers memory enhancement aids. 1. 6. Correct: A LPN should be able to care for a client with arthralgia who requires pain medication on a regular schedule and is receiving warm compresses. 2. Select all that apply A newly hired unlicensed assistive personnel (UAP) has consistently completed all assignments in a safe and timely manner. 4. In the following sentences, circle each incorrectly used lowercase letter. If the volume of the bucket is 4.67L4.67 \mathrm{~L}4.67L, how many grams of gold are there likely to be in 2.381032.38 \times 10^32.38103 cubic feet of soil? Which of the following actions should the nurse take? If you are new to this challenge, try these eight tips as a guide for making nurse-patient assignments. Feed a client that had a stroke 3 months ago. Which clients should be assigned to the CNA? 3. c. Surgeon (the health care provider who will perform the treatment or procedure is responsible for obtaining informed consent from the client). Obtain a urine specimen from a client with an indwelling Foley catheter. Twist at the waist when she moves an object to one side This documentation should go to your manager. The nurse should call for immediate help so that a safe care environment is maintained for all clients. Give magnesium citrate 296 mL at 3 PM today. Write the letter of your choice on the answer line. Select all that apply. 3. d. Identity vs role confusion, b. Assigning tasks to an AP (delegation is considered indirect care), 13. The client states, "I'm feeling a bit nervous today." The option does not say the client is terminal, in a vegetative state, or in a coma. The charge nurse should notify the nursing supervisor who will seek additional staff. b. Wash the area of the puncture thoroughly with soap and water There will likely be both physical and emotional injury that needs attention, which places this client third. d. Counting radial pulse, 100. b. So, the UAP can assist a client to brush and floss teeth. Witness the client's signature (verify that the client is consenting to voluntarily and appears to be competent to do so), 71. d. Establishing the client's secondary medical diagnoses, b. Elevating the head of the bed 30- 40 for the client post thoracotomy b. What was the hint? c. I'll need to shave the hair off the skin where I place the electrodes b. The first vital sign check was performed by the nurse. This is outside the scope of practice for the LPN/LVN. 4. The client then states, "I have changed my mind and do not want to have the procedure done." Nothing will get passed the complete blockage. As part of an annual physical examination a nurse is preparing a client to undergo a chest x-ray. Reach around the pack and open the top flap away from the body, 53. d. Talk with the client's partner, b. The nurse is planning care for a client admitted with Alzheimer's Disease. 4. Select all that apply Remind the client to tell the nurse when he has to urinate 3. 4. the nurse responds, "don't worry, no one will harm your family." Incorrect: The RN is responsible for developing the plan of care which would include necessary referrals. a. The UAP can provide hygiene needs to a client such as perineal care and cleaning of the nares. What is the best response by the charge nurse? A nurse is caring for a client who is immobile. Incorrect: Atrial fibrillation places the client at risk for blood clots. c. Holds the soiled linen against her body while carrying it to the linen bag This item: Nursing Brain Sheet Multiple Patient Notebook - Nurse and CNA Report Sheet - 3 Patients per Template $1999 BadgeGuru by Tribe RN - 52 Cheat Sheets on 26 Nurse Badge Cards - Designed by Nurses, for Nurses - Essential for Nurses and Nursing Students - Bonus Access to Our Digital Resource Library - Inverted $1997 ($0. A nurse is caring for a client who has a mental health disorder. a. Bathtub with rails c. Use intermittent eye contact A nurse is preparing an education presentation about organ donation for a group of newly licensed nurses. The nurse asks the client, "Are you feeling anxious about the results of your colonoscopy?" The charge nurse is making client assignments for a neuro-medical floor. The nurse who made the medication error should take which of the following actions first? Incorrect: Aplastic anemia is a blood disorder in which the body's bone marrow doesn't make enough new blood cells. Headache following this procedure is a potential side effect and would not be the priority concern for the nurse. Changing the subject d. Social conversation, a. a. The charge nurse is planning the staff assignments for the clients on a neurological unit. Which of the following is the priority action by the nurse? d. I will wear synthetic clothing and woolen socks when using my oxygen, c. Check to see if the suction equipment is working, 74. A nurse is caring for a client who has emphysema and has difficulty with mobility. c. Check to see if the suction equipment is working Photo comes from the Greek word for light. The situation should be explored before bringing the supervisor in on the situation. UAPs can assist with elimination and are taught how to measure output. Thus, the tasks involve successful management of the charge nurse's responsibilities. For Option #3, you may have recognized MgSO4 as being magnesium sulfate. 3. d. Use attentive listening with the client, d. Water heater temp 54.4 C (130 F) (no higher than 49 or 120) 4. The nurse manager on a medical-surgical unit receives official notification that staff overtime must be decreased as a cost-saving measure. a. Shakes the soiled linen to remove any toilet paper remnants 4. The client's self-report of pain severity, 88. A nurse is discharging a client who has come to the outpatient clinic with an ankle sprain. Write N next to the nonessential clauses and E next to the essential clauses. Notify the board of nursing (BON) that the float nurse is an alcoholic. 3. Incorrect: The nurse may trust the UAP; however, the nurse has not been able to determine the competency of the new staff member. The UAP can ambulate the client and can report to the nurse if the client states that pain is occurring but cannot monitor or collect data. A nurse is preparing medication for a client when another client has an emergency. A nurse in a long-term care facility is observing an AP changing the linen for a client who has fecal incontinence. b. Feedback Document what the nurse believes was the cause of the ulcer development Which of the following client statements indicates an understanding of the procedure? The client attempted to climb over the side rails and fell 1. a. 4. Well, many diabetics experience diabetic neuropathy and it is not a situation that makes this client unstable or critical. c. The chances of a malpractice suit are minimal as long as you follow our policies and procedures During the admission of pediatric client with a compound fracture of the right femur following a sports injury, which delegation by the charge nurse is most appropriate? A written report of the incident is completed by the nurse and turned into the appropriate person (generally the performance improvement department). d. Remove and reinsert the NG tube, a. This is normal for clients with hemorrhoids. The worst complication following a thoracentesis is a possible pneumothorax; therefore, the nurse should assess this client first. b. I will come back later and we can talk A person can be designated to make medical decision in the event the client cannot. The nurse should do this when repositioning is needed. Talk to each nurse about concerns related to assigned clients. d. I'll put a heating pad on my ankle at bedtime tonight, d. I have a set of my brothers' crutches in the basement I can also use (the client should not use crutches that belong to someone else; the crutches must fit body dimensions), 17. b. Incorrect: While it is true that the nurse manager is ultimately responsible for implementing and announcing new schedule changes, doing so without any staff input can create discontent in the work environment. The UAP can assist clients with hygiene care, so it is within the scope of practice for the UAP to assist a client with a sitz bath for the postpartum client. This is on the "Do Not Use" list of abbreviations because the period after the "Q" can be mistaken for "I", which would be interpreted as qid (four times a day) instead of the intended once daily dosage. December 5, 2020. The Charge Nurse will lead or direct licensed and non-professional staff in the delivery of direct Resident care and support functions. Use adult diapers to prevent frequent clothing changes Answer the following question to test your understanding of the preceding section: d. Custard Change the subject when the client behaves defiantly Which of the following health care professionals is responsible for obtaining informed consent from the client for the procedure? a. I will be able to tell how much oxygen I'm getting by looking at the flowmeter LPNs can provide the client with needed analgesics or may simply guide the client with diversional activities for managing this type pain. b. Emptying a urinary drainage bag for a client who has pneumonia b. Provide an adaptive feeding device for the client a. a. a. Perform range of motion (ROM) exercises at least 2-3 times daily 212 Where on the body is each type of skin found? Inform the client of the need to avoid irritants such as carbonated beverages. c. I'll bear weight on my ankle for 10 minutes every hour 3. Incorrect. a. 1. The nurse did not trust the new UAP. Which of the following tasks should the nurse delegate to unlicensed assistive personnel (UAP)? Which of the following should the nurse identify as an interpersonal variable? 3. 2. Who should the nurse see first? 2. Incorrect: It is out of the UAP's scope of practice to administer medication. What client should the nurse assess first? In what order should the nurse assess assigned clients following shift report? 208 After the provider determines no medical cause for the client's incontinence, which of the following interventions should the nurse initiate to manage this behavior?
Exotic Animal Auction South Dakota, Articles A