We took all the cross out like Lee and trailed the RR and did not use much stagger. All customers interested in purchasing, repairing, or setting up a Howe-Eddy modified should contact Travis Eddy at Eddy Performance (989) 948-8005. With allot of experimenting I found a way to really get the car to hook up. I dont really recommend it. Numerous car builders have come to realize the truth in the above statements. The cars with the stock metric 4 link all seem to go into a four wheel drift and are always loose on exit. We run on a semi flat 1/2 mile asphalt track. Afco Racing Products. And your choice of aluminum or steel fenders doors and quarters. I ran a metric street stock at HMP for a number of years and was definitely not at a disadvantage. Some of the names, most notably in the asphalt Street Stock springs, are different, but the process is the same. //-->. (Uncheck the box beside Attach left side and use the arrows beside Left bar end clearance to zero the preload). All this really depends mostly on the track and maybe the car youre driving. Download the Jet Mod Scale & Setup Sheet Here! Conclusion The Metric four-link rear suspension is here to stay for a while. The problem on dirt is the high rear roll center. Camber was -2 deg on RH and +2 deg on LH at ride height. Take the RH arm and cut the tube off at the cross shaft, cut 1" off the tube and weld it back onto the cross shaft. If the car feels loose throughout the corner, lower both track bars evenly. The dynamics of the moment center and the effects of camber change have been explained before. I would trail brake or lift earlier. That move took this design to the next level. A spring split of 250-lb/in spring in the left rear and 200-lb/in spring in the right rear is common. The message I get from those who have worked this trend for a sufficient number of years is one of the following two types: 1) a continuing and constant search for balance in the car and a loss of success on the track, or 2) a returning to the more conventional setups because they have experienced number 1 above. Hobby Stock - (USRA/IMCA TYPE) Street Stock - (WISSOTA TYPE) Stock Car - (USRA/IMCA TYPE) As for stock arms they worked just fine ,and didn't cost anything. I'm not saying this is not important to some degree, but on short tracks I would stress that aero downforce is over-rated in most cases. jp. If we have a top view difference in alignment between the transmission output shaft and the pinion shaft and they are parallel, then the angle to the driveshaft created by that misalignment might be sufficient to provide the needed angular differential needed for loading the U-joint bearings and reducing negative harmonics. I followed the progress of the THR #01 SS very closely and when Terry says he tried everything legally possible to get that rear end to quit binding up during body roll, he's not exagerating. Dec 24, 2005 at 5:33am. We even did pretty good with it in the THR LLM class back in `99. Also the rear springs on that car Dave 24, are either Landrum 200-175 or Afco 194-166can't remember, Only if you are racing anywhere except Bonneville.lol Chad. Note the new cross weight and the ride heights. That is the best description of the result of the dynamic force that influences each system. This variety grows best when grown alone and can reach up to 12 feet tall. A slight amount of rear steer to the left has been shown to help provide more traction at the rear and bite off the corners where it is needed. You must try to determine if your setup is balanced and then if not, make the necessary changes to bring it into a balanced state. Conversion to Race Car When we convert a Metric four-link suspension to a racing application, we need to be aware of several important factors. Brake bias influence can be easily determined by entering the corner with medium to heavy braking first and then entering with light braking to see if there is a difference. The driveshaft alignment is critical from the standpoint of mechanical efficiency. This guide is very similar to the NASCAR Racing setup guide. I have little experience on dirt but can definetely notice this! A set up plan will help you to build a race winning effort. If you need to know the height of your Metric four-link rear roll center, then send an email and I will send you a free calculator to use. LIT-721 80293NDP 2009-2015 Cadillac CTS-V HE. Track Tools. The images used are taken from the iRacing Super Late Model setup screen. Rear Geometry Race Car Street Stock Set Up help manual book. A 1/2 inch height change from level can make significant handling changes. It must show a consistent gain in performance and a logical ideology to the bulk of race teams. After the race I had people come to our pit area and ask how did you get a metric car to lift the left front off the ground?" . I ran a street stock/sportsman from 1995 to 2000 with a metric frame. The artistry comes in when you actually do it. I think everyone agrees that the old leaf spring cars (Camaros and Novas) are becoming harder and harder to find. We have continually pressed these issues because of the extreme importance they have. It depends on your rule book and it's enforcement. Moving the pull-bar or just the third link to the left increases the loading on the LR tire during acceleration. Heres a helpful image. I was wondering if anyone out there had any experience circle track racing a mopar unibody. For warmer track temperatures, you are going to need to tighten the car. Your close on the springs if the car is 3200. Metrics can be competitive IF they are permitted to address their four-point rear suspension problems. I would run either the pure stock or street stock class. If the same stiffly shocked corner is in rebound, less of the overall load will be retained by that corner, and its diagonal corner as well, during the rebound cycle only. It would be nice if we could change the rear suspension, I have done a lot of research on it and have found some info, there is just not a lot legally that can be done with it. The car is loose mid to exit with not foward drive. Chassis Tuning 101 Murfdogg. There is no one big trick to make your care handle better, rather its all the little things done right that will make you consistently fast. We ran the stock lowers but boxed them and put in better bushings if I recall correctly. The metric cars can use different size spring spacers as well, so the playing field is already level in that respect. Another way to gain bite that we have described in the past involves the use of a spring-loaded pull-bar that allows a certain amount of rear end rotation. Car has stock location rear links and stock links , different bushings . 2,224. Heck, if you are paying 20 bucks to get into the pits you might . For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. In the end there is a ton of stuff out there, everyone seems to have something that works. is applied to the front bumper & air dam of the car covering the openings for air flow to the various components that are cooled through Street Stock Tech. So don't try it. by RonL Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:02 am, Powered by phpBB Forum Software phpBB Limited, Shocks, Springs, Brakes, Frame, Body Work, etc. See all 6 photos. by . Page 1 of 1. Most of the time when some ask the question they are at that point and just don't know it. How do I tighten or loosen the car on exit? Most good cars are built on wheel scales. The left side suspension usually is designed with about half the angle of the right side in a conventional design. Would a 11 in be better or a 13 in spring in back be better. competition. Be careful not to overdue that. To add weight to a given corner, raise the ride height at that corner or lower the ride height at an adjacent corner. SR32 - Developed for the right fronts of dirt cars where low grip is needed to help build bias in the front brake system and help the car turn better when you have to use 4 wheel brakes. But just wondering what the heck guys are doing to these metric street stocks to make em so fast. The car madracing 19 has for sale has all of these things done to it. My truck has weight jacks and a stock 4 link. The less angle the better. X-Y-G METRIC STREET STOCK / SPORTSMAN HEADQUARTERs 704-784-5353. Poorboy, I think you're exactly right. PREMIER. Setup Balance Lift earlier, and/or drag the brake just a little bit on entry. One way is to have a rear spring split, where the right rear (RR) spring has less spring rate than the LR spring. Adjustment Guide - Medieval Chassis. The set-up really planted the RR tire. 3. Once you've made the entry to the corner balanced, check to see if the adjuster is centered. Mod Four Tech. Our second design in our dirt chassis line this IMCA legal metric clip car designed in 2006 was already proving itself to be a successful chassis. did desi arnaz jr have a stroke; moose tracks vs cow tracks ice cream 1980 Camaro bomber class street stock crate motor ford 9inch. I also vote for weight jackers in ALL SS or Sportsman level cars simply because they're so cheap and make life so much easier for the teams. Great advice! Basically - after you finish the set up routine, the car goes in the hauler. I had a very experienced racer come out and help us one time and he said the problem he saw with the car is the rear end looked as if it was shifting to the left by a couple inches. It just won't work. We always start with the front end geometry on any race car. Unfortunately, most rule books that I have dealt with are very vague. What do you think Nick? Caster. Fast And Furious. When you enter the corner you are going to slow down. Looking forward to the tips for Dirt Oval racing! Setup Tips for Metric on asphalt racecheep. Additionally, modern pennies are only 2.5% copper, so older pennies should be used instead for better results. It's the average height of the instant centers that determine the roll center height. As these pads get hot, they offer more friction, and still work well at over 1000 degrees. If you have any problem with the download, just email me, and I will email or Facebook you your file. Ill provide a couple of tips that will help you get your car tighter or looser, whichever you need. Current Stock: Quantity: Decrease Quantity: Increase Quantity: Save to Wishlist. Aero Package Plan to win in a repeatable fashion. Wheels. My Metric front end setup. This configuration is common in General Motors cars built in and around the 1980's as well as some Ford cars, such as the Thunderbird, from the same time period. Has boxed lowers, adjustable uppers , stock springs and shock. Its hard to say without more information. I'm thinking that a panhard bar would eliminate side to side motion but little else. Thanks a lot for making it. I talk to lots of racers representing every form of circle track racing in every region of the country and beyond. The steering system in your car must be evaluated and any negative characteristics must be eliminated. Got protested and is now in limbo! Still having problems? Circle Track Wheels. The car will turn better and we will have more bite off the corners. If all of these issues are evaluated and corrected, then you can move on. You need to keep the ride heights as close as possible to where they were before you started. The only component were worried about is I think Terry has already tried, but we'll try again. Here is a synopsis of how camber effects the handling of the chassis: Here are the diameter choices of the bar: The grill tape option is located under the drivetrain/aero tab within the garage menu. The metrics at THR are NOT competitive compared to the leaf cars. Setup Tips for Metric on asphalt. Posted October 3, 2005. For the Big Bar, Soft Spring setups, teams often introduce Pro-dive into the left front suspension to encourage rapid dive on entry to get the left front down quickly. Yea how many years ago a1? These desires are directly influenced by the spring stiffness, location, and spring split, the sprung weight the system has to support, along with the moment center locations and other settings. Over the years I have had lots of feedback that most these concepts and ideas work great on dirt, on front wheel drive mini stocks, on almost any street stock, production typerace car. Thanks g dirt i will try that.im not totaly done with car yet just try to get ideas thanks, you are real close to what guys are running, but g is right, scale the car, i run leaf springs or i would tell you what i was running. Most Metric cars I've evaluated have rear RC's up around 14.5 inches off the ground. Over the years I have had lots of feedback that most . JEFFREYS Fabrication is coming soon!!! As you will gather from this book, setting up your car right and properly maintaining it is a lot of work. Stock chassis that has been: Boxed, second "inner" frame tube added, suspension pickup points doubled and gusseted, rear frame notch (for future, wider tires), cross braces at front, rear shocks, and rear of frame. We make it with either steel panels, or aluminium panels. in Exotic Race Cars on a Real RaceTrack, Copyright 2000-2023 When this book was originally published in 2001 it was specifically for GM Metric chassis (78 or newer Malibu, Monte Carlo, Regal and Cutlass cars) racing on asphalt. the radiator. A three link with panhard bar using the stock lower mounts works fine. Each setup has a life cycle or a time frame in which it will work before we run into a stopping point with it. This means keep track of weight coming off and going on. Dirt Late Model Racing News and Driver info across the Mid Atlantic. I understand not wanting to share to much especially if your a racer, but who or where else can I gain info on this? One guy said it come up off the ground two feet. It locates the rearend fore and aft, it reduces rear steer when the chassis rolls, it prevents axle wrap-up when braking or accelerating, and it provides a relatively stable roll center location. Off-centered adjusters can be very inconsistent. The bottom line is that at mid-turn, each end will want to roll to its own degree of angle. It's that time of year again when gardeners all over the world are planning what to grow in their gardens. There are some different lower a-arms and front suspension things to make them even better. What Are Russet Mites? A tight condition is the number one complaint from drivers. If the car feels tight on corner entry, raise the left track bar. Welcome, Guest. JP is that the car you wadded up and broke your leg? In Stock. Taipei Taxis, City Traffic Taiwan Street scene in the capital city of Taiwan at dusk with motion blurred taxis and traffic in the streets. Since the braking forces are in the opposite direction, there is a serious resistant force created which helps prevent the front suspension from moving in compression too quickly while braking. So, it might be the best for asphalt racing to run as low as possible or as much as the rules allow to create a lower center of gravity. However, tie down shocks are becoming less and less desirable. That was it. Divide that in half for the center of the wheel. Drag the brake lightly as you enter the corner. Take a look at a metric street stock rear suspension video. The more third link angle you have, the more antisquat there is. Anything helps when u trying to figure out a starting point.thanks for the input i will try some of this and see how it works i have raced some before mostly mini stocks. Your statement that the 3-link is what the metrics needed to level the playing field is the type of feedback that tech. The front moment center (MC) location plays a huge role in how the front end wants to work. Just about all the available setup options that you can adjust on a real WC car can be adjusted in the sim. You refering to dirt track racing correct? I don't get too many reports of continual, repeated wins and successes. It's on a car that I'm helping with. Check with the rules to see if it's even mentioned. I think I'll make a proposal along these lines. Please Login or Register 03/04/23 at 12:37am, what front springs to start with and whats a good baseline for wieghts the minum is 3100 what do i need for leftside,rear,and cross. The preferred way to adjust the cross weight is by moving weight around. Told me he might be going to Lebanon to run now. Order Wilwood part number 150-9442K. I know enough about suspension geometry and how to achieve it, but what i have been playing with now is CG and where it works best. As the car is lowered, the rear RC will generally move down. var email = "RacelineCentral" Unbalanced setups exhibit easily observed characteristics, such as unusually high degree of wear and temperature on one tire versus the other tires. Not sure how much traffic this post will get here. On the a street stock what size spring would be better to run on the rear. $1,700. Then it's done! I would get the metric arms from Speedway P-N 910-31134-RH (LH) they are 8.0 and 8.5 long. But there is still some changes to be made from track to track. Next is engine set back if allowed. Modified Cars for Sale IMCA Asphalt modified Setup Asphalt Modified Race Cars Asphalt Street Stock Setup Asphalt modified for Sale Asphalt modified Set Up The ULTIMATE Racing Car Chassis Setup Guide and Prices listed are with a frame swap option. I feel the metrics should definitely be allowed panhard bars and rear weight jacks. The overall work that a shock does is to resist the rebounding of the springs and control the speed of compression. If the car is tight under throttle, or driving off the left rear, invert the spring perch offset adjustment procedure above. Aug 24th 2005. I'll start out with what seems like the obvious to me - the rear suspension. The front geometry on a metric car isnt as good as a Camaro though. After payment you will be directed to a download page. View all S3SS. See auction date, current bid, equipment specs, and seller information for each lot. This is very "old school" but when applied with a balanced setup, very effective. It is not advantageous to have the rearend steer to the right at any time on asphalt. Adjust drag link accordingly, *unless something is bent, spindles, drag link, idler arms, etc. AFCO C1 METRIC PADS. The upper IC is to the rear of the rearend and the IC for the lower links is well in front of the rearend. Full of fuel, everything done, full of oil, lead bolted down. Balance is spoken of in all types of motorsports these days, even F1. Get any of Steve Smiths street stock books for general knowledge in the essentials of cam/cas, toe out , roll center etc. A level panhard bar ( same mounting height on both sides) means force is vectored laterally to the tires.
What Aisle Are Prunes In At Kroger, West Point Special Forces, Martin County Sheriff, Aloft Cancun Covid Testing, Articles A