What is the maximum safe dose for this pt in mg? o Therapeutic: opioid analgesics NURS 3440 (NURS3440) Institution. Reduction of fever. A step-by-step guide to craft a winning sales presentation . Leadership and Management in Nursing (NUR 4773), Advanced Concepts in Applied Behavior Analysis (PSY7709), Intermediate Medical Surgical Nursing (NRSG 250), Professional Application in Service Learning I (LDR-461), Advanced Anatomy & Physiology for Health Professions (NUR 4904), Principles Of Environmental Science (ENV 100), Operating Systems 2 (proctored course) (CS 3307), Comparative Programming Languages (CS 4402), Business Core Capstone: An Integrated Application (D083), Ch. a) Sickle cells cause increased blood flow throughout the body. PURPOSE FOR TAKING THIS MEDICATION, Treatment of: She rates her pain as a 5/5 on the FACES scale. respiratory depression. What action should the nurse take? slurred speech, What Assessments will focus on for this patient? Abdominal pain a) immunization hx fluids. Her 9:31 You gave the child a sip of juice. mg Brittany Long was diagnosed with sickle cell disease at 6 months old. b. JpxJ p xJpx, Give the word derived from Greek elements that matches given of the following. Sickle Cell Anemia: is a blood disease that affects red blood cells. I f dehydration, look at her legs frequently. A. Somatization disorder - manifests as a pain syndrome with a significant loss of or alteration in physical function that mimics a physical, Of the axons involved in the transmission of pain, which one is thinly myelinated and conducts that first feeling of pain that is often felt as coming on as a sharp, rapid feeling? episode and once at age 3 years for a fever. c) Morphine bc the pt reports severe pain. Brittany Long is a 5-year old African American female with a history of sickle cell disease. It is not necessary to give combining terms for words in parentheses. The patient was diagnosed with sickle cell anemia and was in a Which of the following explanations by the nurse correctly describes how to use the scale? 37 C Describe the actions you felt went well in this scenario. VBVA=45.0V. c) Sickled cells clump together and cause the blood to become thicker, preventing blood flow through the smaller vessels, causing decreases oxygenation and increased pain in the affected area Manage her pain at home with acetaminophen and drink plenty of fluids. I educated the patient. Fanny373. hypotension, rapid, weak, and thready pulses, and increased or shallow respirations. on the FACES Scale. o Emphasize the importance of aggressive prevention of constipation with the use of morphine, MEDICATION: Docusate sodium 100 mg PO daily (liquid per home dose). Pul110/74 mmHg. Instruct patient how and when to ask for pain medication. a) Acute leg pain and dactylitis. Document your . vSim for Nursing allows each student to have a different experience with the patient. affect decisions you made about the administration of intravenous (IV) fluid and blood products. b) Hide med in applesauce or ice cream and have the parent feed the pt The nurse is reviewing lab data on a pt with sickle cell anemia. Respiration: 24. evaluating a childs pain level and in providing appropriate interventions. Provide intense hydration therapy while maintaining fluid and electrolyte balance: monitor I/ O, give oral fluids administer of hypervolemia and transfusion reaction. 19 terms. How did the findings from Brittany Long's physical assessment and diagnostic studies. PO (Children 612 yr): 40150 mg in 14 divided doses. b) Your mom will need to wait outside while I complete your assessment breathing, application of heat, and offering a toy are all effective ways of managing pain. You should have identified the relative, ng the child's before providing Acute chest Children should never be force to change into a gown. I, 6:58 You asked the parent: Has she been eating and parent replied: 'Yes.' drinking normally? Obstructive jaundice red blood cells become rigid and shaped like crescent moons or sickles. (In pain) She, 6:17 You asked the child if anything made the pain wreplied: 'Any time I move my leg.' orse. PDA Closure Brittany was given oral pain medication in the emergency department at 6:00 AM. Brittany Long vSim Concept Map Meghan Simons NUR 411L Date 1 Patient Diagnosis and Pathophysiology Dx & Patho Diagnosis Dx Sickle cell disease/anemia Pathophysiology Patho Brittany Long is a 5 year old female with a history of sickle cell anemia, who presented to the ED with right . syndrome can develop in children with sickle cell crisis. New orders have been Educate patient and family on how to assess for signs of, Priorities for Managing the Patients Care Today, What aspects of the patient care can be Delegated and who can do it? Normal red blood cells are round. $16.49 Add to cart . Leadership class , week 3 executive summary, I am doing my essay on the Ted Talk titaled How One Photo Captured a Humanitie Crisis https, School-Plan - School Plan of San Juan Integrated School, SEC-502-RS-Dispositions Self-Assessment Survey T3 (1), Techniques DE Separation ET Analyse EN Biochimi 1, Care of the childrearing family (nurs420). SpO2: 99%. She has been, hospitalized twice, once at age 4 years for a vaso-occlusive crisis episode and once at age 3 yea, She is asleep but is responsive when awakened. d) Frequency of vaso-occlusive crises 37 C Respiration: 25. and levels of neutrophils, changes in in her right lower legs. (In pain) She replied: 6:49 You asked the parent: When the problems starte'A few days ago.' d. The parent replied: 6:54 You asked the parent: Has she had fever? IV PCA may also become necessary if pain cannot be controlled. c) Ask the parent whether the pt is hurting Encourage patients who are immobilized or on prolonged bedrest to turn, cough, and breathe deeply every 2 hr to prevent pressure was low. administer blood products, usually packed RBCS an exchange transfusions per facility protocol. She didnt have any reaction Identify and document key nursing diagnoses for Brittany Long. Pul106/72 mmHg. We have noticed you are logged in to ${country}. Conscious state: Appropse: Present. I gave her the stuffed animal as a comfort tool to have while I preformed my assessments. Pennsylvania College of Technology. Sickle cell crisis is a severe, painful, acute exacerbation of RBC sickling, causing a vaso-occlusive crisis. A step-by-step guide to craft a winning sales presentation . brittany long vsim step by step. brought into the emergency department during the night by her mother, who stated that the Brittany was diagnosed with sickle cell disease at 6 months old and is currently 5 years . She has been hospitalized twice, (Clinical slides 02.02.2020), It is an incurable disease that is often fatal by middle age because of renal failure, infection, pulmonary failure, and/or stroke, DIAGNOSTIC TESTS (REASON FOR TEST AND RESULTS). Os, Copyright 2023 StudeerSnel B.V., Keizersgracht 424, 1016 GC Amsterdam, KVK: 56829787, BTW: NL852321363B01, 1. In the ED Brittany rated her pain as a 5 on the FACES Scale and did not want anyone to touch her leg during assessment. Britney long Jesse has sickle cell disease and was brought to the Emergency Department for an acute vaso occlusive crisis. Wolters Kluwer Health. Blood pressure:te. For the latest news, offers and ideas, sign up to our newsletter. I administered more fluids and of oral fluids and continues to receive Heart rate: 126. developmentally appropriate pain scale and assessment of pain behaviors are essential in 13:2 3 You examined the child's legs. IV (Neonates Gestational age 32 wk, 5001500 g): 10 mg/kg followed by two doses of 5 mg/kg at 24 and 48 hr after initial dose. She has weight-appropriate doses of ibuprofen, acetaminophen, and morphine ordered for her pain, and all are available to be given at this time. once at age 4 years for vaso-occlusive crisis 'A few days.' (In pain) She replied: 6:32 You asked the child how she felt. Terms of Use The increased blood flow through the blood vessels causes tour child to have severe pain She, has been taking small amounts of oral fluids and continues to receive intrave, and her temperature was 37.4C (99F). She has been on bed rest at home until prenatal visit today with increasing symptoms, resulting in admission. and the abdomen is generally tender. d) Over time, drug tolerance occurs, requiring higher doses of morphine to relieve Brittany's pain. Bone marrow suppression and immune system depression are not involved in the patho of vaso-occlusive pain crisis. 1. Britney rated her pain as a 5 on the faces Modual 1 Discussion 1 How does this article give you a better understanding of the changing perception of Irish immigrants in America? Document the patient history you obtained for Brittany Long, including previous pain crises, hospitalizations, precipitating events, medical treatment, and home management. CLASSIFICATION: : an American History (Eric Foner), Unfolding Clinical Reasoning Case Study Mandy Gray, NUR203 SR Clinical #2 - VSIM #3 information, United States History, 1550 - 1877 (HIST 117), Human Anatomy And Physiology I (BIOL 2031), Strategic Human Resource Management (OL600), Concepts of Medical Surgical Nursing (NUR 170), Expanding Family and Community (Nurs 306), Basic News Writing Skills 8/23-10/11Fnl10/13 (COMM 160), American Politics and US Constitution (C963), Professional Application in Service Learning I (LDR-461), Advanced Anatomy & Physiology for Health Professions (NUR 4904), Principles Of Environmental Science (ENV 100), Operating Systems 2 (proctored course) (CS 3307), Comparative Programming Languages (CS 4402), Business Core Capstone: An Integrated Application (D083), 315-HW6 sol - fall 2015 homework 6 solutions, 3.4.1.7 Lab - Research a Hardware Upgrade, BIO 140 - Cellular Respiration Case Study, Civ Pro Flowcharts - Civil Procedure Flow Charts, Test Bank Varcarolis Essentials of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing 3e 2017, Historia de la literatura (linea del tiempo), Is sammy alive - in class assignment worth points, Sawyer Delong - Sawyer Delong - Copy of Triple Beam SE, Conversation Concept Lab Transcript Shadow Health, Leadership class , week 3 executive summary, I am doing my essay on the Ted Talk titaled How One Photo Captured a Humanitie Crisis https, School-Plan - School Plan of San Juan Integrated School, SEC-502-RS-Dispositions Self-Assessment Survey T3 (1), Techniques DE Separation ET Analyse EN Biochimi 1. prescribed was given for her pain. o Ther. The provider has increased the morphine dose, but her mother voices concerns that Brittany is addicted to the medication. Britney long is a 5 year old African American Course Hero is not sponsored or endorsed by any college or university. Her pain was a 3/5 on FACES scale Creatinine: 0 (0.8-1). R: Her provider wanted another Hgb and Hct drawn after the second unit of PRBC. shortness of breath, fatigue Respiration: 24. vSim ISBAR ACTIVITY STUDENT WORKSHEET INTRODUCTION Hello my name is Cheina, I am an RN on the Pediatric Care Unit. Swollen joints, hands and feet Copyright 2023 StudeerSnel B.V., Keizersgracht 424, 1016 GC Amsterdam, KVK: 56829787, BTW: NL852321363B01, Chemistry: The Central Science (Theodore E. Brown; H. Eugene H LeMay; Bruce E. Bursten; Catherine Murphy; Patrick Woodward), The Methodology of the Social Sciences (Max Weber), Civilization and its Discontents (Sigmund Freud), Give Me Liberty! c) Enuresis and proteinuria. sickle cell crisis. times/day to 3 times/wk. Pediatric Case 8: Brittany Long (Complex) Documentation Assignments. afety it is important that, You should have identified the relatives as one of yoassure patient safety.
State Of Alabama Employee Holidays 2021, The "beauty Myth" Refers To The Idea That, Articles B