Chuck blossomed into a serious powerlifter at Westside as he was surrounded by some of the best powerlifters of the day. You came back and told me they had started the meet with the 242s. You have a problem. For me the enjoyment is planning and organizing the training for myself. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. Tate agrees that Chuck certainly approaches the platform and his training programs with intensity. 25, The Benefits of High Rep Bodyweight Training, Grease The Groove (GTG) For Greater Strength, 7 Tips on Developing Superior Physical Conditioning, 5 Garage Gym Workouts For Strength, Size &, We Need MORE People Getting Farm Boy STRONG. You lifted, but did not do so good. There are a number of YouTube videos on Lexen Extreme, Brandon Lilly, and 360 Cut channels which showed Chuck training ferociously after he left Westside Barbell in approximately 2009. Chuck:Todays lifters, for the most part, are not as passionate as 20 years ago. The first WPO meet was in Florida and ran until about 2 am the next morning when they shut the place down. I learn as much as I can. Comments will be approved before showing up. We thought it was fun to see fitness . there is really no set numbers. But he never got back up. Chuck, you had a very high tolerance to high volume, and you maintained it for your entire lifting career. The difference between Westside and B.I.G is Rick actually coaches all his lifters and Lou does not. I said it showed me how to think while I was pulling. Tommy Fannon's Outlaws board is discussing it here and here. Probably more than people are willing to invest. The workout session consisted of dynamic speed work of back squats with a bar loaded to 405lbs. Chuck Vogelpohl is an American powerlifter that set numerous world records and was known for his unmatched tenacity. I have spoke to Louie on the phone as well. This was the second year that EliteFTS had hosted the IPA Nationals. Mark notes that Chuck squatted over 1000lbs in the 220, 242, and 275 lb class. plus things can change if your just a pound or two heavy in canvas. Chuck:Louie, I am like you. I'd like to receive the free email course. Lou is actually more tolerant of other training ideas and allows the lifter to initiate what he or she wants to do. He rolled the rental car three days ago, he told me with this I cant believe this happened look on his face. Some of these stories have led people to believe that he is some kind of crazed lunatic. Basically, on Fridays I will squat and will either work up to a heavy weight, sometimes off of a higher box or instead of going heavy on the squat I will pull heavy from the pins. Plus, Louie is always challenging you and I cant back down from the old man. And, Chuck, I know you know why Westside left the USPF. Chuck V was about as Westside as the pitbull logo! After getting stapled with a 40 lb personal record, most would have pulled out, but Chuck just did what he had to do. Louie:Many people started their own federations and were criticized, but there was a good reason for so many. i think rob k said it best. There is a video on YouTube entitled Chuck Vogelpohl 633 bench at the 2006 Arnold Classic which shows what an incredible strength athlete Chuck is. Even with my untrained eye for talent in this sport, the numbers don't lie. The crowd grew louder, and he grabbed the bar and set his hands. He is the author of twenty books and has logged more than 40,000 hours of training and consulting. Ask Halbert, he trains early in the morning to avoid Lou. So what do I mean by saying he had to . He now owns and operates EliteFTS, a website dedicated to all things strengths. Its not like I count the number of carbs and fat. For a moment there, I actually thought he might have a chance. It never dawned on him to talk about the second accident. Wed Oct 14, 2020. im sure he has a good idea, but everyone was really concerned with depth at this meet as many had bombed. Percentages work well with beginners and intermediate lifters; they need guidelines and somewhere to start. I always seek advice. It takes a lot of time. Chuck: [Stares at me. Over around a 15-year stretch and through some serious injuries, Chuck Vogelpohl set the standard for many powerlifters that came after him. Kinda like stoking a fire. Nothing against Rick or BIG, but I think Lou's objective is to provide the lifters with information and then have them think for themselves. He should have a good day tomorrow. You wanted me to gain weight into the 308 and break Paul Childress 1168-pound world record, but it was hard on my health. Chuck V: When you and Dave told me that beginners were using bands; high school kids and below I couldnt believe it. That, and all his lifters really trust and respect his judgements to allow him to dictate the protocols.. I downed one after another until I came in at 243 pounds to lift in the 275-class. Chuck:Yes. Good luck to Chuck V. thats one of the funniest things ive ever heard. Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and PayPal. 474 Dislike Share Save. The same stuff that most everyone still does. That ought to be required reading for all athletes. George Leonard a psychologist and martial artist has written extensively on the elements necessary for mastery of a discipline. 3. I'm sure if I went to BIG and Rick trained me that 610 would be 650, but personally the 610 would be more rewarding. That's really surprising, but I guess stuff happens. Does anyone know if he left on good terms? A great read written for a great cause. EFS: At meets, you get a little worked up before you lift. Your thoughts on Rick are completely wrong Paul. Chuck Vogelpohl 1260 w/Rev Green. Follow This and You Can't Fail. [/quote] The article was titled Back to the Future and was on his site two weeks ago. No, no, no, Dave. ", Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more, 2023 SET FOR SET. This was the foundation of using a high volume and high-intensity training to reach the top. The gym had just a power rack, a lat pulldown, a calf-ham glute bench, a back-raise bench, and lots of weights, but most of all, lots of attitude. As I walked into the gym, one of my other teammates came over and asked me, Did you hear about Chuck? I figured this was kind of old news at this point so I said, Yea, he rolled his car before I left. Reply . You have a problem. 1.1K views, 39 likes, 2 loves, 3 comments, 3 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Omaha Barbell: Picked this exercise idea up from Chuck Vogelpohl while I was at the seminar with him and @eddycoan a. Did he do it? I just wished that he wouldnt get hurt. Wow! This is a sad day. It's good to see so many people posting about Big Iron. Show more Hide chat. His range and intensity can be felt by everyone in the room. I had no grip at all, so I started BJJ to stay busy. Although Vogelpohl isnt breaking world records these days, you can find him showcasing some of his wisdom on his Instagram page, with his latest post showing hamstring glute sit backs using the belt squat and of course a box. besides its a bitch to know whats going on at all with that much weight on your back and that tight of gear. Alle Mr. Olympia 2022 ERGEBNISSE vom Samstag. Louie just looked at me and said, Yea, well you tell him. I have known Chuck for many years, and I can say that there was no way I was going to tell him because he wouldnt listen. The difference between Westside and B.I.G is Rick actually coaches all his lifters and Lou does not. At age 41, Vogelpohl had a total of 2,605 lbs, his highest ever. Out came Chuck as intense as I have ever seen him. Count me in! Im sure everyone wants to know how you stay so lean. And you to build the deadlift. The Chuck Vogelpohl, POWERPOHL is now for sale. These things will kill your bar path when you get to heavier weights; this will screw your lift. 1,481 Likes, 35 Comments - Chuck Vogelpohl (@chuckvogelpohl) on Instagram: "Came up with these shrugs about a year ago, they work great to strengthen the upper and middle" 2. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. He tore his ACL and tore his groin at the Pro-Am so may have to pass on the August meet but will be back after that. Copyright 2023 elitefts. One such legend is Chuck Vogelpohl, widely known for his extreme intensity and longevity with regard to powerlifting competitions. #powerpohl #gofabcnc #lexenxtreme #powerlifting #strongman #deadlift #squatbenchdeadlift #strongwomen #gofab 95w musclesandfitness._ Send me your picture for promotion directly. EFS: What are your tips for mastering technique? Er ist ein sehr ehrlicher und dankbarer Typ. I know we are both proud of what Westside became. Louie:Well, Chuck, we have been through a lot since you came to Westside in 1987. Orders shipped out within 1 - 5 business days. However, the point of this post is to highlight the insane squat workout inspired by Chuck Vogelpohl. So there were a lot of factors that went into it. Its okay to delegate it out because ultimately, its your business. Most of the new guys were recruited by Louie. Chuck fully takes this teaching to heart, and in doing so has one of the best eyes for dissecting and improving another lifters technique. This would allow us time to unwind and get ready to put on the best competition that we could for the lifers. WHY a certain technique works well, what to try next if it's not working. Lou on one hand is a great guy who is very generous and loves to give back to the sport. I do not really see how it can be argued, my question though is what would happen if someone came to BIG and decided they didn't want to train that way anymore, but still wanted to train at BIG? Note: During the BFCM sales period all sales are final.Thus, no returns will accepted. The reason B.I.G. Joey Szatmary is another popular fitness personality thats competed in Olympic lifting, Crossfit, and Strongman competitions. Go to https://athleticgreens.com/juji. But Ive been adding a lot more chain work to help with my building my stability. Confused, I flagged down Louie Simmons to ask him what the hell Chuck was doing. That's my enjoyment. its just another for of abuse that we all get from rick I still do weighted sit-ups. If you were Chuck would you stay? Vogelpohl was a force to be reckoned with and well respected by the elites of the powerlifting world. One last thing: How do you like raw compared to gear lifting? Chuck Vogelpohl, one of powerlifting's favorite personalities and longtime team cornerstone, has left Westside Barbell Club. guess you just have to understand rick Doc could i have bright colors.I am 14 months into powerlifting. All right reserved. Look at Westside. The last time I recall you said your legs felt like they weighed 900 pounds. Louie:I recall you pressed a 155-pound dumbbell for five or six reps one-armed. like i said- any level of lifters are welcome. The following interview was done on a Friday after squatting and deadlifting. 1-2 inches above parallel. Note: You can read the full interview here on Westside Barbells website. Log in or register to post comments I'm not disagreeing about Rick's ability as a coach. Simply return it within 30 days for an exchange. He explains everything and anything very thorough for everyone there to understand, from your weaknesses to how to utilize your strengths to what to work on. Chuck V: Just watch my fat. Best of luck to Chuck, wherever he goes. Wong Clement. EFS: Everyone has heard stories about you and some of the insane weights youve used in training, especially in regards to bands and weight. Maybe he was getting stale and plateaued ? He is a very humble and gracious person.
Dr Peter Richland Pediatric Cardiologist, Belvoir Park Hospital Abandoned, Salary Needed To Live In Bay Area 2022, How To Save Arthur Morgan From Tuberculosis, Waiting To Send Decision To Author Nature, Articles C