Bottom LineWatery Discharge Feels Like I Peed MyselfWhy? Its caused by hormonal changes. Watery discharge is a clear or white fluid that comes out of the vagina and keeps it clean and moist to avoid infections. Infection by this pathogen is via sexual means. While watery discharge is rarely a sign of concern, there are actions you should take to prevent abnormal discharge, such as: While watery discharge is not often because of a problem, if it is something that you are concerned about, schedule a visit with a primary care doctor, gynecologist, or OB-GYN. Is it Normal? On the other hand, if you notice a rush of water in the last stage of your pregnancy, chances are that labor has started. The thinning of the vaginal walls called vaginal atrophy can cause watery discharge during menopause. Watery vaginal discharge is usually harmless, but if you notice a change in the amount or consistency of discharge, it may be caused by an infection or combination of infections. On top of that, the type and amount of discharge you experience can also change based on your menstrual cycle and stage of life, which means that significant hormonal changes such as puberty, pregnancy, and menopause can affect it. Treatment: You need to see your doctor for prompt diagnosis and treatment. Constantly feel like I have wet undies but I don't.Is this normal and part of it ? If you think your discharge is because of bacterial vaginosis, the doctor will usually prescribe an antibiotic. Treatment will depend on the underlying cause. Having more watery discharge could be a pointer that you have probably started ovulating. This changes occurs in such a way that the cervix and the vaginal wall get more soft that they were under normal conditions leading to increased vaginal discharge that might make you feel like you peed yourself. Download the DrHouse app. . Sometimes, these watery discharges can be very heavy and odorless almost like you just urinated on yourself. Watery discharge that feels like you peed yourself before your period is usually caused by: 1)Elevated oestrogen levels: Estrogen levels change throughout the menstrual cycle. Sometimes, it appears like egg whites and maybe less watery than what you usually experience during your periods. However, some conditions could also bring about light or dark brown vaginal discharge. A burning sensation when you pee . In the actual sense of it, the so-called vag*nal secretions come from the fluids secreted from the glands in the cervix as well as the cells from the entrance to the vag*na. However, brown discharge may also occur around ovulation or early in a pregnancy, especially when you would have had your period if you werent pregnant. Leading up to ovulation, discharge can appear slippery, clear, and stretchy, with a consistency similar to egg whites. This happens because more blood flows to the vag*nal during arousal which can stimulate the discharge of sexual lubricating fluids. If a foreign object, such as a condom or tampon, is left in the vagina for an extended amount of time, your vaginal discharge may change. https://www.womenshealth.gov/hiv-and-aids/women-and-hiv. However, it may also be due to yeast infection. Sign #3: You feel painless pressure or popping. It feels like I peed myself. It is recommended that the woman and her partner are treated when this occurs. Outside of medicine, the word flora refers to flowers, plants, and evokes images of a naturally occurring ecosystem that gives us a breath of fresh air. Can I Go to Urgent Care for a Yeast Infection? Ironically, that discharge is often compared to egg whites clear, white, stretchy, and thin. 2. K Health has strict sourcing guidelines and relies on peer-reviewed studies, academic research institutions, That acidic discharge fights off bad bacteria and clears out dead cells. No need to feel guilty my friend. The discharge cleans the vagina of dead cells and harmful bacteria. Most women experience about 1 to 4 milliliters (around two spoonfuls) daily during their reproductive years. These follicles do not mature, and the follicle-stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone are not balanced normally. Set up your free account in a minute. Most common signs and symptoms of hormonal imbalance in women are irregular periods, fatigue, thinning hair, thinning skin on the face and body, and watery vaginal discharge. The body produces more mucus at this stage than after it. Some changes in the color, texture, or odor of vaginal discharge are normal and can be attributed to phases of the menstrual cycle. So lets talk about some proven treatments; There are many ways to prevent infections of the genitals, but practicing good hygiene is essential. Even the act of inserting things like yoni pearls can cause harm to the resident microflora of the vagina. The discharge cleans the vagina of dead cells and harmful bacteria. This infection is commonly called vag*nal candidiasis or thrush. A discharge that is somewhat watery and generally odorless. It is sexually transmitted though it can rarely be transmitted through other ways. 3. A clear watery discharge could also be an early sign of pregnancy. A doctor should evaluate any vaginal discharge that is not white or clear. The whitish discharge could occur as a result of infection with the fungi called Candida Albicans. 26/08/2012 09:24. But if you notice brown discharge before your period, you may wonder what it means. An increase in Oestrogen also causes a watery discharge like pee. Having more watery discharge could be a pointer that you have probably started ovulating. These contraceptive pills causes a very high quantity of discharge order than normal. The clear watery discharge feels like I'm peeing that occurs during sexual desire, on the other hand, is perfectly normal. Many women take contraceptive pills for birth control. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. In this article, Ill discuss the common reasons for watery discharge, as well as more serious causes of vaginal discharge and their symptoms. Your doctor may need to perform some tests to be able to specifically say whats wrong. Singapore Medical Journal, 297-301. doi: Women and HIV | Office on Womens Health. Watery Discharge: Feels Like I Peed Myself, How to Shrink Fibroids Fast Using Natural Remedies, 10 Delightful Health Benefits Of Cucumber For Women, 10 Useful Health Benefits of Avocado for Women, Natural Lactation Supplements To Increase Milk Supply, 10 healthful Foods That Will Help You Conceive Twins, Cryptic Pregnancy In Nigeria: What You Should Know, 10 Amazing Heart-Healthy Foods In Nigeria, 10 Super Health Benefits of Irish Potatoes, 10 Healthy Nigerian Foods for Ulcer Patients, 10 Awesome Health Benefits of Pepper Fruit. Talk to a doctor online with K Health and get the answers you need. Avoid vaginal douching because it alters the vaginal flora. Some people complain of getting intermittent pain (mild to moderate) in the lower right abdominal region during this period which can be unnerving especially for women who are pregnant. Sometimes a watery discharge that feels like you peed yourself can be a sign or symptom of a sexually transmitted disease (STD). Pinkish DischargePink discharge can occur any time during your cycle, but its most commonly seen before or during menstruation. Healthy, normal discharge provides lubrication and protects your vagina and urinary tract. 1. The use of sex toys could cause an increase in watery discharge. What Happens if a UTI Goes Untreated for Too Long? In preparation for ovulation and during it, discharge tends to be stretchy and wet. Some causes of this discharge can include pregnancy, sexual arousal, ovulation, or hormonal birth control. It can be from something as serious as an STD to something minimal, like a change in your diet. So when people with a vagina find clear, watery discharge in their underwear, of course, our first suspicion will either be that we peed ourselves or we are getting our period. it's discharge. Those with BV may not have any symptoms, or they may have the following: In addition, BV can make someone more susceptible to STDs such as herpes, chlamydia, HIV, and gonorrhea. Remnants of uterine tissues could also be expelled from the uterus as brownish discharge. The microorganisms have gained more power over the lactobacilli in the vagina. She completed her trainings at Mount Sinai Hospital and UCLA. Discharge can be weird for so many different reasons. Skip the unnecessary waiting room, see a board-certified clinician now. Now that we've cleared that up, time for us to, ahem, discharge more information. This can interfere with the normal vag*na flora. Watery Discharge feels like i Peed myself. Watery discharge can happen both before and during sexual activity. Sign up for Scary Mommy's daily newsletter for more stories from the trenches. A thick, white vaginal discharge with the consistency of cottage cheese. See a doctor if you experience: Generally, women who are menopausal normally have minimal vaginal discharge as a result of lower levels of estrogen. As previously mentioned, discharge in candidiasis is often whitish, and cheesy but has no odor except mixed with infections from other microbes. Jessica has a Masters of Engineering degree in Biomedical Engineering. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); The complaint about watery discharge which feels like you peed on yourself is not uncommon, vaginal discharge is one of the most common reasons women see a gynecologist, amounting to about 10 millionoffice visits per year. Mayo Clinic proceedings,85(1), 8794. What should I do about it (watery discharge feels like I peed myself)? It is normal for pregnant women to experience discharge that is more watery than usual. doi: Hay, P. (2018). She believes that medical content should be accessible to everyone and strives to write content that every single person can understand. So, when in doubt, make sure you see your Primary Care physician or gynecologist. With DrHouse, you can meet with an online doctor in 15 minutes to discuss your vaginal discharge or any other symptoms and what might be causing it. Watery discharge refers to the viscosity and consistency of it, which is typically very thin and light. DISCLAIMER: The topics and articles published on this website including text, graphics, videos info graph and other material are for informational purposes only and should not be substituted for professional medical advice. You also need to avoid visiting the sea or pool too often. The discharge one has may change depending on what time of the menstrual cycle it is. Just as we have mentioned in the earlier paragraph above, STIs could cause abnormal changes in terms of color, odor, consistency, or volume of vag*nal discharge. A major accompanying symptom is the strong, irritating smell of rotten fish which can follow the whitish or grayish discharge. Discharge in candidiasis is often whitish, and cheesy but has no odor except mixed with infections from other microbes. We avoid using tertiary references. In women who are premenopausal, it is normal to have approximately one-half to one teaspoon (2 to 5 mL) of white or clear, thick, mucus-like, and mostly odorless vaginal discharge every day. I would suggest that you see your GP for a full history and examination and take it from there. Vaginal discharge. If the discharge is due to an underlying condition like infection, then the question is how to treat it? Naturally, their bodies produce lubrication to keep us moisturized and happy. Treatment & Prevention! PCOS is a condition that which the ovaries are surrounded by lots of immature follicles. Watery discharge can be caused by various factors, including infection, hormone imbalances, and pregnancy. Watery discharge feels like I peed myself: Hormonal imbalance Another cause of vaginal discharge in women is hormonal imbalance, as mentioned earlier watery vaginal discharge is a normal and healthy part of some women's life. You cannot correctly self-diagnose, and may need to visit a doctor for an examination. However, when vaginal discharge assumes a foul smell (smelly) or appears coloured and flows irregularly more than normal quantity, then it is said that an infection has occurred. Discharge that might be normal for one person could prompt someone else to bring it up with their doctor. The following signs of abnormal discharge should prompt a visit to your doctor: Yellowish/greenish discharge is often caused by Trichomonas vag*nalis. Consult your doctor if you see a yellowish, painful, itchy, and foul-smelling discharge as it may be a sign of sexually transmitted infection (STI). In fact, you will instead want to watch for any changes in your discharge, as this may signal infection. In the middle of your cycle, when your ovaries release an egg, your body will typically produce more discharge to help sperm reach the egg. So before periods, your vagina discharges white or cloudy because of the progesterone hormone. Get an Rx from your preferred pharmacy. This is because there are some sexually transmitted diseases and other vaginal infections that may have similar symptoms. Finally, Ill tell you when you should see a doctor. Hormonal birth control can have some major pluses, like protecting against pregnancy and helping to treat heavy periods, acne, and cysts. (2010). When you see a yellowish or greenish discharge, it is a sign of infection caused by trichomonas vaginalis. Anyone else around 24.5 weeks and experience a gush/I feel like I peed myself discharge? I know watery discharge is common and the amount varies among women. Change in Microbial Flora Antibiotics use can also be the cause of your watery discharge that wet your pants. Copyright 2023 Eucarl Pharmacy | All Rights Reserved. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. There's a good chance it has something to do with your pelvic floor: a group of muscles in the base of your pelvis that supports the organs in that part of the body, including the bladder, vagina, uterus, and rectum. Vaginal discharge is a normal fluid that comes out of the vagina, and watery discharge is typically white or clear and has only a mild odor. The discharge usually feels stretchy like egg white and has a mild odour. How to Make Your Breast Grow Bigger Overnight FAST! 2, Jessica Guht Oct. 11, 2022 During pregnancy, there is an increase in vaginal discharge due to the hormonal changes going on. When the period ends, it can take up to four days for any vaginal discharge. This is fertile mucus and indicates you are ovulating. Vaginal discharge is a natural fluid that can provide great guidance on a womans vaginal health. Additionally, it is recommended to see a doctor whenever there is a change in the color, odor, consistency, amount, or frequency of vaginal discharge. Whether or not youre of reproductive age, keeping the vulva clean the correct way can make a huge difference when it comes to vaginal infections. It helps to clear old cells and bacteria, preventing infection. To facilitate fertilization, the female reproductive system produces a clear egg like discharge. So, you may also experience a watery discharge from your vagina while you are ovulating. White or cloudy discharge is normal during pregnancy. The discharge is like water and odorless. It's best to empty your bladder in a nearby bathroom, wear a sanitary pad or pantyliner, and then check for any leakage of fluid. However, when our vaginal discharge changes colour and constituency, it is better to see a gynaecologist as soon as possible to get the appropriate treatment. Excessive watery discharge can also be caused by the conditions listed below: Pregnancy Contraceptive hormones STIs (sexually transmitted infections) There is also a different type of discharge every pregnant person produces called a mucus plug. Additionally, as you get closer to your due date, your discharge will likely become heavier, which is a sign that your body is preparing for labor. I have a lot of discharge, it is super watery and feels like I've peed myself it is soaking through all my pants, it's got a slight yellow colour, and it read more. Vaginal discharge can be uncomfortable, but using panty liners or changing underwear multiple times a day can help increase comfort and prevent infections. It is important to note that the amount of discharge depends on certain factors, including the phase of the menstrual cycle and this can occur at any age. This discharge is usually white, clear, thin, and stretchy (it's sometimes compared to egg whites). It is either white or colourless and not enough to fill a pad. Dr. Mitton is a board certified internal medicine physician with over 6 years of experience in urgent care and additional training in geriatric medicine. When Jessica isnt writing, she can usually be found reading a book with a dog cuddled in her lap. Checked with Doctor She have Yeast Infection,Taken Medicine and Glucose. Washing frequently and ensuring that you dont irritate your skin will help reduce the chances of a recurrence in future encounters with bacteria or viruses. It helps to protect the fetus from infections that might travel up the vagina and into the uterus. I'd certainly ask for an STI check (just to be safe!) Anyway, here's what to know about this annoying but important type of discharge. After intercourse also, there is usually a watery discharge from the vagina. Reply 20+ Similar Discussions Found Oldest First Whitleym1 A vaginal yeast infection most often occurs when candida albicans, a fungus that is a natural part of the microflora of the vagina, overgrows. However, it is especially important to be on the lookout for unusual discharges during pregnancy. The answer isnt straightforward, as several things can cause brown discharge. This vaginal discharge from women in most cases are beneficial to them as it helps eliminate germs from the vagina and also moisten the vagina. However, when this watery discharge occurs more often than usual, it may signify an underlying health problem such as a hormone imbalance. very normal for anyone with a vagina! With menopause, estrogen levels dramatically decrease, which can cause vaginal atrophy. Hey, it happens. There could be several reasons for watery discharge that feel like you're urinating, including: 1. You can also have a leaking watery discharge and not be pregnant at all. It does this by negatively affecting the microbial Flora and as we discussed earlier, the negative effects leads to more vaginal discharge than normal. Milky White DischargeThere are many possible reasons for milky white discharge during the menstrual cycle. If the discharge is clear or watery, it may be urine or amniotic fluid . Douching involves the use of any cosmetic product such as cream, lotion, shampoo, and soap on your vag*na. However, there are a few characteristics of vaginal discharge that need to be observed to judge if it is healthy or time to visit your GP.. A healthy discharge is watery or milky . Thats because several STDs can affect the vaginal microflora. You should definitely book an appointment with your gynecologist if your discharge is green or yellowish. As I mentioned previously, a watery discharge could be a harmless sign. For example, a yeast infection can cause a thick, white, and clumpy discharge, while bacterial vaginosis can cause a grayish-white and thin discharge with a strong fishy smell. So why watery discharge feels like I peed myself? Before the physical examination, your doctor might ask you some questions like: After the questions, the doctor might take a sample of the discharge to test for infection, and recommend treatment if necessary. So, no need to panic because pregnancy could affect the volume of discharge. Could COVID Or The Paxlovid Prescribed To Treat It Be Making Us Angrier? The hormonal change also plays a very vital role too as far as the watery discharge is concerned.
Mathis Funeral Home Obituaries, Articles C