Hi, these are some of the closest I could find. Recycled Title seems to be for things that are canonically part of the same fictional universe, and implies the title is just a lazy copy of an old one with no new meaning added. http://theatregraphics.tumblr.com/post/113482962083/hamilton-cast-breakdowns. Not one of my favourites, but it fits what you asked for better than most of my other suggestions ;), look up blackkat on ao3 (i think that's how you spell their name). 2. DESCRIPTIONS ARE WORTHLESS, but it is HAMILTON MEMES "How dare he?". Surely they will use such an awesome power responsiblyright? Brightshade122, DrummerGirl123, animecausekirisgay, flower_doggo, Okamin, FoggyFeather, Yuki_Kiryu, writing_keeps_me_alive, ilazywolf, A_lynx_to_the_past, snowyocean, sapphic_fairie, TheCatDragon, Bella_Anne, Brookiedreemurr, Jazzysmith12, VexCast28, Fanficton_weeb, claynet, NeskyTheHomosexual, greyisgrey, Izzybuggs_art, maximoon, That_weird_thing, Cissy_Pissy, JaeJae_Live, JustFeatherPen, helpimamess, Smack_me, kiyori_00, Misternogood, gizkaspice, your_boi_leon, The_only_lamp, TheUnluckyWriterTheSadArtist, SoutaEake, Koolkid123678, BEEPISLOST, Sopsalot354, MennaAfton, Daisyanna_the_Goddess, AnAstridianLibrarian, Soulless_Angel25, Monrika, Giulyanne, Sociopathic_Ally_is_a_Space_Orc, Danidoll19, LemonyCharlie, MyGenderIsFluid, fishchipmatcha, and 1027 more users Will they find what they lost as children, and prevent the harbingers of pain from occurring? In other words, like all good fanfic, Hamilton is confident that far from being illegal plagiarism, a charge constantly leveled at its amateur fellows, its quite the opposite: It knows it's not a tawdry, derivative copy, but rather a transformative work. Curious, Hamilton walked over to it. The Reynolds Pamphlet An Abduction How does a bastard, orphan, son of a whore and a Scotsman. Yorktown This includes racism, child abuse, homophobia, and women not having rights. "Wow, she actually quite closely resembles me! How hard can it be to pass one stupid test? For example, Hamilton is probably going to be more subdued than other presentations. newsletter. 6. You'll Be Back Im more of a reader than a writer these days, but when I stumbled on the Hamilton watching Hamilton trend here on A03, I couldnt resist adding my own. was nick cordero in the play hamilton; robert riggs obituary nj; snake river farms nz; 17th field artillery battalion korea; old west execution photos; jim klobuchar parents. ", But although Hamilton stems from one of the trend's byproducts, its function as a text is to do exactly what the Atlantic calls for and critique the history the founders began. Hamilton watches Hamilton fic, combined with bits of the actual historical events. He's nothing more than a poor orphan - until he gets his Hogwarts letter. 23. I hate him"~Dawn Hami Alexander Hamilton. You can also contribute via. Alexander Hamilton had always known he was going to do great things or die trying. When Naruto woke up on graduation day, he didn't expect things to do wrong. Here are a few structural elements that Miranda uses in order to create the uniqueness of Hamilton that are crucial, common elements of much contemporary fanfic: In many ways, Hamilton is an extremely typical fanfic. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10857388/1/I-Am-NOT-Going-Through-Puberty-Again, Our heroes did not come from a future where everything has gone horribly wrong. (Y/n) goes shopping one day and meets the hamilsquad in all their glory. My Shot The fundamental objective of fanfic, especially when it is written by women, queer and genderqueer people, and people of color, is to insert yourself, aggressively and brazenly, into stories that are not about and were never intended to be about or represent you. Fans know exactly what Hamilton is about. 14. The next thing was the quiet, constant hum echoing all around. He compresses time and characters and, naturally, leaves out a lot. This musical is canon to the. ", (Plannin) for the future, see him now as he stands on (oooh), In New York you can be a new man (Just you wait), We are waiting in the wings for you (waiting in the wings for you), Oh, Alexander Hamilton (Alexander Hamilton), The ship is in the harbor now, see if you can spot him, Another immigrant comin up from the bottom, His enemies destroyed his rep, America forgot him. Alexander Hamilton has long been a divisive figure in the annals of historical study, but in recent years hes become a focal point of a historical trend many academics and history enthusiasts refer to as "Founders Chic." This is my first Formula One book! Adventure/Romance, 200,000 Words. 307. Farmer Refuted It is a visual retelling of Hamiltons past, as well as one of the many future timelines that is luckily not possible due to the good Secretary accepting President Washingtons request to stay at Mount Vernon for a week. 7. Hamilton the Musical: Broadway's revolutionary hit show, Why Hamilton is as frustrating as it is brilliant and impossible to pin down, Tonight, Broadway will make history by live-streaming She Loves Me direct from the stage, Donald Trump is now fully at war with the Republican Partys past. They all sat down on the couch, preparing themselves to be there for a long time. tip: arthur merlin words>1000 sort:hits, You already know what this isThe clich Hamilton watches Hamilton with some twists. Unknowingly, one of the other cast members likes the teacher way more than the others You Just 'Undied' in my Living Room [Hamilton x Reader]: Complete with 114,000 words. Creator Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings, Alexander Hamilton/Elizabeth "Eliza" Schuyler, Alexander Hamilton & John Laurens & Gilbert du Motier Marquis de Lafayette & Hercules Mulligan, Alexander Hamilton/John Laurens/Elizabeth "Eliza" Schuyler, Alexander Hamilton/Elizabeth "Eliza" Schuyler Fluff, The Week they Never Speak Of Until 1800, Characters react to their own series/movies, Any and all reading/watching the future/fanfiction fic. The Historical, Undercover Representatives of Revolution, Independence, the Constitution, Allegiance, Nationality, and Election (or H.U.R.R.I.C.A.N.E. Its based on chapters 727 of it feels more like a memory long after everyone in the fic had died and the events in the fic became historical ones In-Universe. 29. tip: austen words:10000-50000 sort:title, 1. 31. There, he is met with friends (John Laurens, Lafayette, Hecules Mulligan, Aaron Burr), enemies (Thomas Jefferson, James Madison), girls (The Schuyler Sisters, Maria Reynolds), magic, and mermories. On orders of the British army" 5. THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT THE STORY IS GOING TO BE COMPLETELY HISTORICALLY ACCURATE. what happens when you take them to see hamilton? The Hamilton Crew are forced to watch a musical about one of their own. 3. hunter: the reckoning wayward edges eagle shield reviews hamilton goes to the future fanfiction. When Agent Clint Barton is injured in battle, Director Nick Fury calls in his replacement that hed assigned. I hope you enjoy this! This project has been abandoned. What was happening? Who is allowed to be heroic through defiance? To avoid being captured by the British army your Alexander Hamilton sister and your on your way to america to practice medicine and help keep your brother alive when you meet a very interesting Frenchmen. In essence, Hamilton is a liminal space in which fans and performers talk back to historicity itself. "I do believe scamming is illegal." Our love for the Founders leads us to abandon, and even to betray, the very principles they fought for. The Battle of Yorktown Something went wrong. Oops. He was in New Jersey. 2. Farmer Refuted Twists and turns will appear out of nowhere, changing perspectives for several of the viewers. Lin discovers he has a 13 year old daughter by an ex-girlfriend. 35. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Note: I'm changing the play slightly, for a little more Lams. We Know Elizas jaw dropped, before she composed herself. I'm not your son. mumbled Alex, slouching in his seat. 40. Some historical figures watch the musical Hamilton, reliving history, making snide comments, and references, oh the references. That Would Be Enough Keep in mind that the way I write the Hamilton squad might not be strictly In Character. But that may vary. And talking back to the canon is what fanfic does best. Work Search: There, he is met with friends (John Laurens, Lafayette, Hecules Mulligan, Aaron Burr), enemies (Thomas Jefferson, James Madison), girls (The Schuyler Sisters, Maria Reynolds), magic, and mermories. left kudos on this work! Google Pay. Non-Stop The whole Hamilton crew lands in 2019 and gets forced to watch the musical about Alexander Hamilton! As you can imagine, things go down. Ive seen so many people write fics like these, and I was kind of excited by the idea. My Shot By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Earlier this year, the New York Times turned heads by asking whether the hit Broadway musical Hamiltons historical fudging on certain points is, well, good for us. The Story of Tonight Hamilton goes one step further: As musical influences, fans, creators, and a multiplicity of identities interact with one another, Miranda's manipulation of time allows distinct historical moments to magically overlap through the power of allegory. -Challenges (SAFE challenges. 34. Cabinet Battle #2 Still, he didn't expect to get plays made in his name. Pride is Not the Word I'm Looking For Reading the other one shots is not required, but highly recommended.). 47. The son of George Washington himself. 36. 22. This is one reason the question of historical authenticity is a derailment of the argument Hamilton is making. 24. The Room Where It Happened 41. Cabinet Battle 1 It seems we cant find what youre looking for. . All of these words have been used to describe, the one and only, Alexander Hamilton. George felt a pang of grief. I Know Him I've read quite a few of RWBY Reacts and decided to do one as well. In Hamiltons case, the intent is overtly political. Along the way falling in love with Severus of this time. Best Review Site for Digital Cameras. Putting himself and people like him at the center of musical theater has long been one of Miranda's central concerns. going by many historical events it covers (even if many went differently, you'll still find familiar Revolutionary War battles and pieces of legislation, the same characters, and because this lifetime had characters swap roles you'll find somewhat similar storylines), but it's still not a perfect example. While we've done our best to make the core functionality of this site accessible without javascript, it will work better with it enabled. Millions turn to Vox to educate themselves, their family, and their friends about whats happening in the world around them, and to learn about things that spark their curiosity. 1824 guests (DISCLAIMER: Hamilton doesn't belong to me Evie hasn't had the best luck. 43. Too bad that I didn't think about it, and now I'm stuck in a foreign time with some orphan child What happens when you an actress for Hamilton suddenly find yourself in your apartment with seven of the founding fathers. One of the best Team 7 time travel fics imo. Out of universe, its a synopsis. Cookie Notice 14. SNAP boosts kept millions out of poverty during Covid. Hamilton react to Disney+ HamiltonI only own Georgia. I will also tag the chapters they are in. Take A Break well read to find out Reader support helps us keep our explainers free for all. That's just what I like to read! Not until 2007 did the Times take its first real stab at critiquing 1776s historicity. How will it go for them? There's two original characters, one there to explain the History side of things, and the other there to make the technical side of things make sense such as time travel. I don't own the musical or the people (duh). Kate wasn't prepared to be in charge of the people who founded America as they watch a show about themselves, but she wouldn't be a true fangirl if she didn't try. This is like any other next generation time travel story. It was so soft, unlike anything he had ever felt before. i hope u enjoy it And i suggest u watch the movie before u read. Krissy Hamilton is nor an assassin or spy, shes just a college student whose only worry is failing her exams. Includes some historical lessons, a bit of Lams, mostly Hamliza tho, two OCs, Jefferson and Hamilton rivalry, and lots of chaos. Here's a Tumblr post celebrating the musical theater characters and hip-hop legends that Miranda combined in order to create the characters from Hamilton, according to his descriptions of them in his now-famous original casting notices: In fandom terms, these amalgams are known as a "crossover," the union of unlikely story elements or character traits that work surprisingly well together. Update: A mention of Lin-Manuel Miranda's immigrant status has been updated for clarity. This is toooottttallly original and not stolen from like 5 other people (Ok fine I lied. Election of 1800 There's a couple of things you can do here- -Ask the cast questions -Ask the cast from the past to see objects from the present. Please consider turning it on! Everything is up to author interpretation. Reacting To: Melanie Martinez. -Reactions to other plays, TV shows, movies, video games, etc. (Takes place in my Week they Never Speak Of series, in which Washington invited Alex and Thomas to spend a week with him at Mount Vernon after the publication of the Reynolds Pamphlet and Phillip's death. More specifically, Hamilton is a fanfic of Chernows biography of Alexander Hamilton, and more generally of US history itself. Still do, the man in question smiled at his son, pride shining in his eyes. Reacting To: Lady Gaga. Just me being bored and writing this. Certain individuals, including Charles Lee, Margarita Schuyler, King George, John Laurens, and Hercules Mulligan will join the company later on as soon as they would be able to make a difference in the time stream, that difference being positive. 28. Completed. Son, calm yourself. Narrator: Alexander Hamilton narrates most of the show, and James Madison takes over narrating for a few songs about politics. The Hamilton Crew are forced to watch a musical about one of their own. Story of Tonight (Reprise) 30. After receiving a time travel jutsu as payment for a mission, the original four members of Team 7 each get a chance to go back to one event in their life and change it. (John Adams, among other contemporaries referred to Hamilton as a "creole bastard.") While we've done our best to make the core functionality of this site accessible without javascript, it will work better with it enabled. Ten Duel Commandments Steal? asked Eliza, raising her eyebrows at her husband. A Winter's Ball Schuyler Defeated/Cabinet Battle 2 I think you need to review your definition of insane, my good sir., Took up a collection just to send him to the mainland, Get your education, dont forget from whence you came, and, And theres a million things I havent done. The musical announces its aim to destroy: "Im passionately smashing every expectation / every actions an act of creation." Hamilton exists in the world of savrenim's fanfiction it feels more like a memory, which is fanfiction of the real-life musical over at Hamilton. The act of presenting Hamilton as a man for the people allows Miranda and, by extension, the audience to feel as though they are actively shaping the future by making the past all about themselves. 18. She spends every evening goi What happens if the hamilsquad appear in your bedroom? Instead, the Times's history with 1776 is every bit as glowing as the American dream itself. CPAC used to be a barometer. What was going on? Washington on Your Side Gbye. As a matter of fact, all they want to do is find a way back home as soon as possible. Right Hand Man hamilton goes to the future fanfiction. Furthermore, Im also going to add some historical theories: things that some historians believe but cannot be verified. That Would Be Enough Helpless That is indeed true. Jefferson grinned at his new friend, who very maturely stuck his tongue out at him. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Alexander winced at the reminder of the hurricane, and George squeezed his shoulder. 10. 50. 24. In essence, Hamilton is a postmodern metatextual piece of fanfic, functioning in precisely the way that most fanfics do: It reclaims the canon for the fan. 49. Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story Hamilton and the important people in his life wake up in a room with some couches and a big screen. Basically a story about the foundi A Poly!Hamilsquad x reader where the reader is a pregnant (soon to be) single mother. -Request games (such as board games or party games.) Y/n found it rather easy to get to quite high status within the army, being the general's son and all. and our I DO NOT OWN HAMILTON- I ONLY OWN AL AND RYVER. Who knew Thomas would have a sense of humor?, The ten-dollar Founding Father without a father, Got a lot farther by working a lot harder, By fourteen, they placed him in charge of a trading charter, Thomas, is that you? asked Alexander, and Jefferson nodded, smiling at his former nemesis. Hamilton's shot missed, in fact, some historians believe Hamilton never intended to hit Burr, but meant . IF ANY OF MY MEMES BELONGS TO YOU PLEASE TELL ME S Lin discovers he has a 13 year old daughter by an ex-girlfriend. Cabinet Battle #1 It is 2019 in the United States, and LGBTQIA+ rights are legal. Suuure. Recycled Title: The musical this fanfiction is based off of is titled Hamilton. Angelica faced her little sister, but something caught her eye. Another historian, Lyra D. Monteiro, argues while pointing out what she views as Hamilton's erasure of Black Revolutionary history that "the founders really didnt want to create the country we actually live in today. This will include LGBTQ relationships and topics, so if that bothers you simply don't read. Son. Features an Alex and Thomas friendship, as well as Washingdad being a dad! Katelyn Black is your normal teenage fangirl. This criticism of how Hamilton places its title character in context might be legitimate if Hamilton werent, well, what it is. 15. Maybe the reason will be revealed later. This dynamic, with all its incumbent social, class, and racial tensions, is crucial to the narrative of Hamilton, a musical in which nearly the entire cast is made up of people of color. 26. Hamilton is also a racebent text, meaning it takes preexisting characters real people, in this case and swaps either their racial identities or their ethnic backgrounds so they can be played by people of color. 21. Stay Alive Heres the summary: Hex Hamilton has been kicked out of MANY schools! 49. Any kind of feedback is deeply appreciated. Menu. Hamilton is not just a story of history it is the story of the ongoing struggle to make sure that people of color, immigrants, women, and other marginalized groups are included in the sequel. Racebending is a concept that has existed in fandom since long before Hamilton, in both a pejorative sense, as when roles are whitewashed, and a positive sense, as when theyre reclaimed for marginalized identities. It almost felt like it was swallowing him. A being is able to bring forth historical figures and watch the legacy of one of their own, giving them the ability to possibly change their own timelines. Helpless 1353 guests It had a note attached to it. Mirandas fanfic interrogates the mythos of the American dream, tearing down the idea that "America" emerged from a single cultural identity that belongs only to white European immigrants and their descendants. We Know A Taurus man likes to enjoy luxurious things alone rather than with other people. He stalks me, and claims me as his own. Just key warning, there will be some swear words, but not a lot. GET YOUR FOOT OUT OF MY FACE!, OW! The musical isnt about what Hamilton, the historical figure, was or was not; any critique that views it from this angle is missing the point. Yet, there he was. And remember, this timeline is now invalid anyway., Despite the Reynolds Pamphlet, Eliza was glaring at the screen, her hands clenched into fists. It's simultaneously an alternate version of American history and a modern political AU in which none of the Founding Fathers are white and. 34. Aaron Burr, Sir The twin sister to Elizabeth Schuyler, or Eliza. Dear Theodosia Our heroes did not come from a future where everything has gone horribly wrong. Suddenly, music started to play as soon as they finally got comfortable, and the group gathered around the screen to listen intently as Alexander's whole life story was laid out onstage in front of hundreds of viewers. STOP IT!. 20. 27. The room was very large, and the walls were covered with light blue wallpaper that was illuminated by the sunlight streaming in from the window. Privacy Policy. If this makes you uncomfortable please go find something Hamilton and his close friends (except Jefferson, he is an acquaintance) come to the future to watch Hamilton. You are of Giovanna Hamilton is the older sister of Alexander Hamilton. Your Obedient Servant Support our mission, and make a gift today. I promise. This spell takes her back into time to an important event in history. The Schuyler Sisters The entire point of Hamilton is that the real Alexander Hamilton was a man for the 1 percent, not the 99 percent. So naturally, Alex did what anyone would have done. The revolution, and Hamiltons life are the narrative subject, but its purpose is not to romanticize real American history: rather, it is to reclaim the narrative of America for people of colour If youre watching/listening to Hamilton and then going out and romanticizing the real founding fathers/American revolutionaries, youre missing the entire point. Analyzing the Founders Chic trend in 2003, the Atlantic wrote critically of it: "In revering the Founders we undervalue ourselves and sabotage our own efforts to make improvements necessary improvements in the republican experiment they began. 1.2K Stories. ", That same year, in a critique of how 1776s historical characters and their reputations have withstood historical "battering" and "revisionism," the Times managed to blame Thomas Jeffersons critics for sullying him with since-proven accusations of keeping an enslaved mistress. (A "Sister Act 2: Back In The Habit" Love Story), I am Not Throwing Away My Shot /|\ Hamilton~Harry Potter, Undaunted ~Captain America/ Steve Rogers~. He'd thought Alex would let him call him son after the time at Mount Vernon. Because I'm a history nerd, and I want to share my knowledge. Making friends with the adults. The Story of Tonight A hardcore Harry Potter fan ends up in the body of Severus Snape, the day before Harry arrives at Hogwarts. Soon after that, Miranda famously conceived the idea for the musical while reading Ron Chernows 2004 biography Alexander Hamilton, which focuses on Hamiltons early life as an illegitimate orphan on the tiny Caribbean island of Nevis, and emphasizes the way his formative years shaped his relationship to the US.
Is Georgia A Communist Country, Broward County Family Reunification Program, Articles H