The Axe is a fascinating mix of wood and steel. Congrats. Get Guns.com offers and news!! Guns.com is out of stock, which is too bad since the price from them is more than $100 under msrp. Your effective slug range is limited with this gun to about 25 yards. Though the Henry Axe is not a do-all miracle weapon, it does make a wieldy snake or pest gun that is easily stowed. Like you are operating a machine. How does it feel? MSRP is $970 and the firearm ships fitted with a removable full choke. For those that join us in considering this an important category, the Lever Action Axe .410 delivers in spades. Cant keep the Sex lady or the trolls at bay but my comment gets moderated out? The Axe, complete with screw-in chokes, comes in with a lower MSRP than the centerfire Mares Legs, at $970 versus $1,048 MSRP. That means the Axe eats up recoil like a champ. You are not only given a 100% satisfaction guarantee but you also get a gun that will live up to its name the second you take your first shot. The closest comparison, of course, is Henrys own Mares Leg design. Remington's Nylon 66 semi-automatic .22 LR rifles have grown from 1950s bargain buys to 21st century collectors darlings. You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off in settings. A common hobby here is to go for walks or rides on ATVs, Side by side, horses, and more. It is absolutely perfect at being what it is and the fit and finish pack it all up in a beautiful bundle. It is only to provide you with normal web site functionality. The looks of the American walnut, the quality and durability of the steel, and the fit that binds them together is what makes this gun a work of utilitarian art. A .410 has always been a low recoiling and lightweight option for dispatching pests. Inspired from the tv series Yellowstone, this Kelly Reilly Blue Coat is poncho-style outerwear. Without a doubt, this gun is built extremely well and built to last. These cookies allow us to share your visiting habits to our 3rd parties for marketing purposes. Trying to fit the Axe into any of the aforementioned categories is futile, although the gun is capable of more than dabbling in any of them. The obtuse nature of theAxehandle is totally unnoticeable when you begin to work with the gun and is an integral part of it being classified as a non-NFA firearm. Even when you want to fire with one hand. Writer | TheFirearmBlog Other than that, it looks short. Rifle? Receive an occasional email from us with new product announcements, news, and notifications of future Henry events. Full choke might split the bullet, open choke I cant see why not. Shotgun is brand new with box. Details about Rapid fire lever adapter for Henry Axe .410 shotgun See original listing. The Axe handle pistol grip is also plenty comfortable. The entire gun is just over 26-inches long and includes sling studs for easy carry, though a traditional mares leg holster is also an option. These cookies collect information that can help us understand how our websites are being used. Continuing on with our outside-the-box expansion program, were taking our lever actions in another new direction for Henry Repeating Arms with the 2017 introduction of two .410 bore shotguns for those who like their small-gauge shotgunning to be done through a quick-handling platform theyre familiar with in rimfire and centerfire versions already used in the field. Another practical advantage is its size. Loads hit right where you aim them, even with the lone front sight. By signing up you agree to Guns.com's Working the action is a lot of fun and feels oh so satisfying. Nowadays, .410 defense and hunting loads are accessible so theres no reason not to keep the Axe by the bed. The takedown with interchangeable calibers would be amazing (45 Colt would be better). This steel piece feels like a well-built tool, tipping the scales at a surprising 5.75-pounds. Type your email address and well send Its also the most fun gun Ive taken to the range in a long time. The MSRP for the Henry Lever Action Axe .410 currently stands at $970. Knives, Axes & Saws; Magazines - new & used; Novelty items; Range Finders; If you are the type who doesnt take every gun purchase seriously, then the Henry Axe .410 might just be for you. I think it is entirely worth the price you pay when you get the reliability, ease of use, and overall joy that comes with this gun. 2021 is looking pretty bad. The trigger is also very nice. That changed last year with the advent of Side Gate rifles that added the side port to Henrys existing tubular magazine loading style. Its even more fun than the .410 Shockwave, which is as equally soft shooting. Would you hunt with it given the catalog of chokes? The Henry Axe has a 15-inch barrel and a 26.4-inch overall length. $ 959.00 $ 839.00. Per the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosive's Gun Control Act of 1968, the H018AH-410 Lever Action Axe 410 is classified as a non-Class 3/NFA "firearm.". Barrel Length:15.14 inches Manually-operated weapons tend to be quite reliable as long as their mechanics are sound and Henry Repeating Arms does an excellent job of building in sound mechanics, just as with their lever-action rifles. For those that join us in considering this an important category, the Lever Action Axe .410 delivers in spades., Attention to detail on the Axe is exceptional, from the fit and finish to the cowboy logo detail on the butt of the ax handle. (Photo: Kristin Alberts/Guns.com). It has a 15" barrel with matte black and brass finish. For reference, a 12-gauge Shockwave weighs less. Henrys successful side loading gate feature makes an appearance on the Axe, which can also be loaded through the tubular magazine. Get one as Ya won't be sorry that ya did.. Looks like fun, can you put a slug through it? I have tried every website ,every store with in a hundred miles of where we live in Arkansas. I would go around saying Come with me if you want to live repeatedly while shooting it however. Another practical advantage is its size. User manual, Full Invector style choke, choke wrench, a soft material sleeve to cover the receiver, and a lifetime warranty. Please try a new zip code and search again. They really are telling the truth when they talk about the fun plinking aspect of this gun along with its length of versatility. Even in this fairly small gun, I had no worries about recoil or discomfort. It is only to provide you with normal web site functionality. The first time I headed out to the range I brought a mixed bag of loose leaf 6 shot and 8 shot .410 shells I had laying around. The American walnut looks like it grew around the lovely blued finish as tight as it could without impairing the function or feel of the firearm. My favorite go to woods gun. Most guns fit neatly into categorieshunting, self-defense, cowboy action, plinking; yet, every once in a while, one defies labels. The Axe is a gorgeous looking gun. This compact stature opens the possibilities of where the Axe can be stored and used. Shotguns are designed to be used with a stock, and the bead on the Axe is designed to be used with a stock. Show Only Guns ThinkMossberg Shockwave or Remington Tac-14 but in a lever-action rather than a pump. I guess I don't have a sense of the kinda energy a 410 really puts out. Brand: Henry. Its shaped and feels like an Axe Handle. Made in the USA by Allen, for Henry, this soft case is cut with a bit of extra room for a box of shells or accessories. Lever guns are relatively easy on ergonomics. The Axe has the same 5-round capacity of 2 shells as its larger Lever Action .410 Shotgun counterparts, and the addition of a loading gate means that you can keep that capacity topped off at all times without needing to remove a tube magazine. With a barrel length of just under 16 and an overall length of just over 26 the Axe can be stored in far more places than your average long gun. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again. Id look only the find a light/laser for it if I could, that would clamp to the mag tube if possible, load it with Federal 2.5 OO buck and never look back. The lever-action Axe is mostly designed to be a plinker. Auction (5) Damn, Griz. Andrew, Im not sure I would want a 45/70 without a stock. A very handy feature is the Axe uses Invector chokes, sports a simple brass bead as a front sight, and those nice fellas at Henry even tossed on sling swivels for you. The Lever Action Axe .410 stresses the importance of a unique firearm thats fun to use in a recreational setting, but its feature set also lends it utility. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. The bottom of the genuine American walnut axe handle grip is engraved on the bottom with Henry Repeating Arms cowboy logo. Shotgun? So there is a pseudo justification for a intermediate weapon in those calibers. The information collected is anonymous and only helps us improve our site, and your experience. The Axe has the same 5-round capacity of 2-1/2 inches shells as its larger Lever Action .410 Shotgun counterparts, but the addition of a loading gate means that you can keep that capacity topped off at all times without needing to remove a tube magazine. Our Mares Leg lever action pistols have been a popular choice among shooting sports enthusiasts for many years now, mainly because theyre so fun to shoot and the fact that they look like they came right out of a Western movie, said Anthony Imperato, President and owner of Henry Repeating Arms. Let us know all of your thoughts in the Comments below! And stay in touch with newsletters of our best articles on techniques, guns, & gear. The Axe uses a loading gate means that allows a user to top off the capacity. The Lever Action Axe holds five rounds of 2.5-inch .410 ammo in its tube magazine. The Henry Axe 410 is a beautiful gun, with a stacked door and five-round capacity for 2 1/2 shells. Showing 1-12 of 14 results . So what do you fine folks think? Its silly, but fun to see if you can hit a soda can from the hip. Use of any other ammunition can cause excess pressure and . The Ruger Precision Rifles were only allowed when the stock was pinned in place. Classified Ad (606), Search Full Text of Listings Henry Lever Action .410 Side Gate Shotgun with 20 Inch Barrel. I am excited to be able to explain how I greatly underestimated this beautiful chunk of American walnut and blued steel. It takes minimal effort to work the action, and I imagine shooters of all sizes wont have issues doing so. Its slightly awkward. Learn all the important stuff about handgunswith none of the attitude. Not just a standard fun gun, but an exceptionally fun gun. purchase helps support my work in bringing you more awesome gun and gear articles. Receiver Finish Polished Brass Rear Sight None Front Sight Brass Bead Scopeability Drilled and Tapped Scope Mount Type Weaver 63B Stock Material American Walnut Buttplate/Pad None I will admit I am a sucker for lever actions but there have been a few (especially modern ones) that feel ultra mechanical. Specifications: Henry Lever Action Axe .410 Caliber: .410, 2.5 inch chamber Barrel Length: 15.14 inches Overall Length: 26.4 inches Weight: 5.75 pounds Capacity: 5 2.5-inch rounds Sights: Front brass bead MSRP: $970 (about $775 retail) Ratings (out of five stars): Accuracy * * * * It's quite easy to aim and shoot. Loaded with a heavy birdshot load, you wont have issues dispatching pests and dangerous snakes. Part of this exception is the fact the gun is in .410. For perspective, the Mossberg 500 with walnut furniture and its 24-inch barrel weighs a mere half-pound more than the Axe. Im guessing the short 2.5 inch shells help in this regard. Henry M-LOK Handguard (Black) $169.00 Choose Options Henry Centerfire Lever-Action Butt Stock Takedown Screws $40.00 Choose Options The sound. My colleague sent his Big Boy back with several faults, they didnt even ask him when he purchased it, they repaired everything on it for free, the rifle was back in his hands within two weeks. Author: . michael o'leary email. Henry Lever Action 410ga 20 INCH Cyl Bore. The adjustable sights make it easy to regulate patterns with a variety of birdshot and slugs to handle anything from small game birds such as partridge and pigeons through cottontails to fox and coyotes, varmints and pest control. Would you run to the range with this lovable lever-action? A lot of people who are new to these guns tend to aim low. Its easy to ask whats the point of a lever-action gun in a shotgun caliber without a stock? It pushes me to keep being successful. The gun weighs a hefty 5.75 pounds making it heavier than the 12 gauge Mossberg Shockwave. Its a little heavy, and the only reason I knocked a point off is for the lever-action design with a PGO only weapon. First impressions of shooting this gun? Located in: New River, Arizona, United States . The Lever Action Axe .410 is a scabbard and shoot again and again shotgun. I am usually indifferent in the loading gate vs tube magazine debate but honestly, the removable tube fits this gun a lot more! This is a purely American lever-action gun chambered in a strictly American round. house for rent waldport oregon; is thanos a villain or anti hero; Toggle navigation. This brand new Henry H018AH-410 Axe is a 5-shot, lever-action rifle which fires the .410 gauge shell (2.5" only). Every friend and family member whos gotten their hands on it has agreed. On a few separate trips to the range, I used a wide variety of ammunition. Caliber: .410, 2.5 inch chamber Once you learn it just right, youll be blasting cans or playing soccer quite quickly. 2022 Shooters Delight Pty Ltd | ABN 29 603 288 722Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Site by GO Creative. However, quality comes at a cost and the design leaves little for upgrades. Henrys .410 Axe is a lever-action shorty designed for fun first, with practical purposes like hunting and self-defense also in tow. The winner was whoever did it in the least amount of shots. Yet she handles the Axe like a champ and enjoys shooting it. If you have any further questions, or wish to purchase the item please call between 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM Mountain Time, Mon-Sat. Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review. any chance of getting a discount coupon on this product. Like most Henry guns, its a lever-action model, this one with a side loading gate. Its fun, for sure, but it also has more practicality than meets the eye. All Types (611) We'll send you the latest guides and training tips geared The Henry Axe .410 is a super fun plinker and target shooter. 19.75" BARREL, BRASS RECEIVER, BAND AND BUTT PLATE. Posted April 20, 2020 in Lever Action, Reviews by Sam.S with No CommentsTags: .410, Axe, Henry Repeating Arms, lever action, non-nfa, TFB Review. (Photo: Henry). He is interested in helping folks protect themselves with firearms and shoot better at the range. All Rights Reserved, A New Lever-Action in the Arsenal: Henry Axe. Try again asshat! My girlfriend weighs 110 pounds soaking wet, and she handles the Henry Axe without any problem. The loading gate will give you a little pinch if you push your thumb too far in, but its more like a Granny pinch than an alcoholic aunt pinch. You have to learn how to balance the bead, and itll take some practice in getting level enough to make it work. For those that join us in considering this an important category, the Lever Action Axe .410 delivers in spades. Even Henry lists the primary use of the gun as a plinker and for target shooting. Smith & Wesson Model 586: Reviewing A .357 Revolver With Class. While the Henry Axe isnt a gun thats necessary useful for a wide range of applications, it could be a heckuva snake gun and would dispatch small pests with ease. i guess some folks just wanna be haters. The Brass Axe features fine brass contrasting a hand- some wood stock. Its a comfortable shooting and fun in a relatively common caliber. Its lever is smooth. If you are going to spend your money on a Henry, I can assure you that we will do whatever it takes to make sure that you are happy that you bought a Henry. - Anthony Imperato. So I am happy that your all having fun with your Henry. Nice looking shotgun/pistolwaitfirearm. In terms of the legality youd have to do something with the stock but it would be a pistol. Mares legs arent exactly rare either so 45-70 shouldnt be out of the question. You can unsubscribe at any time and we do not share or sell your information, ever. She had no problem holding it up at eye level and letting it rip. gear. Not all firearms need to fit neatly into categories like hunting, home protection, or good ol backyard plinking. The Axe has the same 5-round capacity of 2 shells as its larger Lever Action .410 Shotgun counterparts, but the addition of a loading gate means that you can keep that capacity topped off at all times without needing to remove a tube magazine. A Cold War era classic with smooth lines, a legendary back story, and an exotic-sounding name, Beretta's Model 71 was definitely a mouse that roared. The Lever Action Axe is actually fairly hefty for a .410. Henry owners have my personal guarantee to make certain that they are 100% satisfied with their purchase of our rifles. Black Market Team - BMG Trusted source for worldwide GUN | Firearms shipment Anonymous Weapons Shop Online. However, Henry made it work with the Axe and made it work well. Maybe you dont like the style, or the name, or the materials used, but hate is really a strong word here. MSRP is $970 and the firearm ships fitted with a removable full choke. Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful. .410 is a mild shotgun round, and as far as shotgun rounds go, we can best describe the .410 as soft. Weve got a dedicated section for the AR-15 here. Epic 22 Pocket Pistol: The Beretta 71 Jaguar. There are no silly manual safeties and no crazy buttons or devices. The weight threw me off at first but it fits the gun. My hands fit into the loop, but I was worried about recoiling, making the loop pound into my hand. I think part of the NFA firearm loophole is that it must be smooth bore so you would have issues with rifle calibers. Henry Lever Action 410 Axe: So much fun it should be illegal. The Henry Axe is dressed in smooth stocks, and honestly, we never missed the checkering. Announced late Thursday, the Axe is compact, with a 16-inch barrel and 26-inch overall length. Henry Axe 410 Sort By: Henry M-LOK Handguard (MAGPUL FDE) $189.00 Out of stock. Its not needed for a practical reason, I just think it would look nice and add to the gun. Please enable Preference & Functionality Cookies first so that we can save your preferences! That fun gun for me has been Henrys entry into the popular totally not a shotgun realm with the Lever Action Axe .410. For only 3.5 more barrel length, you could get one with a stock. Utility wise I could see this being a short and handy snake or pest gun. Shooting from the hip like Im Chuck Connors is a blast. MSRP: $970 (about $775 retail). Stay in the know. It looks fantastic, it feels fantastic, and it works fantastically. Its is quite easy to blast a man-sized target with a blast of buckshot from 15 yards and still score perfect headshots. Reliability * * * * * By signing up you agree to Guns.com's Such a pleasant surprise to be honest. $700+ fore a novelty plinker is a little steep. Really nice actually! Copyright 2023 Pew Pew Media, Inc. All rights reserved. However, with a street price of around $700, I can see a lot of people finding it hard to justify what theyll consider essentially a fun plinking gun for that much money. Select what level shooter you are! You can learn more about how we use cookies and keep your data private by visiting our our Privacy Policy. This is why you want a HENRY AXE .410 "Firearm" (not a short barreled shotgun) Guns and Guitars 241K subscribers 275K views 1 year ago I've always thought of Henry as a "traditional" or. Guaranteed not legal in NSW. I give this gun a 10/10. Yes, this is a machine. Of course, the last ten or twelve rattlesnakes Ive killed I just picked up a handy stick and hit it over the head. This gun would make those tasks a little challenging, but the natural pointable nature of this little gun makes it perfect for swinging on target. The overall length is 26.4 inches, and the gun weighs a hefty 5.75 pounds. The hammer is easy to cock as well as decock manually. The list of chokes offered are as listed: Henry Repeating Armspresents the wholeAxesituation unapologetically and I love it. So after browsing pictures and watching videos about theAxe, it had my curiosity. You can learn more about how we use cookies and keep your data private by visiting our our Privacy Policy. That feeling of clanking and stuttering as you open and close the action is nonexistent in anyHenry Repeating Arms firearm I have ever dealt with. Its a steep priced other firearm with a street price in the 700s. Soccer is a game we played with a Caldwell Duramax ball target. Pistol? The HenryUSA.com website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. In closing,I want to say thank you toHenry Repeating Arms for allowing TFB and myself the opportunity to try out their lever-action Axe in .410! Classic Browning Light Twelve Auto-5 Review: Busting Clays With the Old Humpback Shotgun. maybe Ill get some ammo before this year is up. I wouldnt recommend trying to flip cock this thing. Its a well built, high quality firearm that happens to be a ton of fun. The blued steel receiver is both practical and attractive theres also a transfer bar safety. It works super well and has the same amount of potential versatility as it doesfor fun at the range. The only difference? Both model variants are based on our blued steel-framed .45-70 Lever Action, with five-shot tube-loading magazines chambered for 2.5 shells only, dark straight-grained American walnut furniture, pistol grip wrists, checkering fore and aft, sling swivel studs, and a good thick non-slip ventilated black rubber recoil pad at the rear. With a barrel length of just under 16 and an overall length of just over 26 the Axe can be stored in far more places than your average shotgun. The Axe has the same 5-round capacity of 2.5-inch shells as its larger lever-action .410 shotgun counterparts. Well, admittedly, the usefulness of the weapon is limited. Admittedly they can be a handful, but the horizontal style pistol grips are a bit better at displacing painful recoil. Finally getting out of mommys basement, while certainly commendable, is no ones definition of successful. 1,914 views Mar 13, 2022 49 Dislike Share Save G Squared Tactical 9.52K subscribers Have you ever wondered how much fun you can. Jeff the Griz is intimately familiar with 2.55. HATSAN OPTIMA SINGLE BARREL 410G 26in Call for Price Read more. We blasted away at self-healing targets, clay pigeons (on a berm), and some soda cans. Notify Me When Available. These Cookies should be enabled to allow us to enhance your experience of HenryUSA.com.
Ms Teams Start Transcription Greyed Out, Articles H