I ordered the duty belt for work and it is very high quality. Blued hands and screws are ubiquitous existences in the history of watchmaking. While in place, pinch the measurement in a position of comfort and record your measurement. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/9\/9e\/Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-7-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-7-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/9\/9e\/Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-7-Version-2.jpg\/aid10410531-v4-728px-Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-7-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. They recommend mild soap and soft brush then use of a generic conditioner. I show it off and wear it proudly! To learn how to remove the strap from the watch, keep reading! 3 or 4 other guys in my station have ordered from Axe and Awl amd their stuff looks awesome too! If your looking for a chinstrap or any other leather products I wouldnt look any further than Axe and Awl. Outstanding products. Under the coat 100%. Not to mention how sharp looking every piece is. Their work is incredible! Fantastic customer service from start to finish. Together they shaped the landscape of dive watch as we know today. Thanks again Spencer and those in Axe and Awl Leatherworks and may your future endeavors be a success. Exceptional quality and design. Our radio straps are 1.5 inches wide and made with 10-12 oz. I ordered a custom strap for my father and unfortunately the lettering was not colored in. The overall measurement from end of the string to your mark would be the overall strap length. Learn how to use appropriate case back openers to take off different watch case backs here. Check them out on their Facebook & Instagram pages, you won't be disappointed! Will be ordering a radio strap & chin strap to match. My boyfriend loves his new leather gear. Far superior to any garrison belt Ive been issued or ordered prior. Spencer provided top notch customer service Highly recommended!!! I was fortunate enough to run into them out in public after they closed. Here are the specification and basic measurements of this mechanical automatic movement, It is definitely not a good sight when you discover moisture inside of your favorite watch. - $45.00. We get asked often, whats the best or proper way to wear my radio strap or belt? She holds a Masters degree in Finance and Investment from the University of Edinburgh Business School. The H6 Nylon Radio Straps are washable with PPE gear in commercial extractors or even normal washers for eliminating sweat, dirt and bacteria/viruses. Get the latest updates on new products and upcoming sales, If you are like many seasoned firefighters and dislike a buckle on your radio strap we offer our Fitted Radio Strap. 2. I received an update from black smoke when the status of my order changed every time! Download Article Use circular motions to wash the strap with the soapy cloth. If they dont have what youre looking for it would be worth reaching out and asking. Your gear will hold up but you'll bake, add a little steam from your fog nozzle and you'll be running quick, long before your radio fails. They are the best! The proper way to wear your radio strap includes hanging the radio at the proper height and location. True to size, great quality, and not heavy. MD State Flag) You may contact me to confirm prior to order if your theme exceeds the basic upgrade charge. If you are looking for Autumn Harvest, or any of our very specific leather finish options, you can find them under out Private Stock Selection, Includes up to 12 characters painted in a single color. Leather is excellent quality. The amount of craftsmanship that go into these radio straps is top notch. IAFF member, Love this job! Several members only my department have Great company to deal with, customer service is top notch and the products are the best in the business. There is absolutely no doubt that they take tremendous pride in each piece they craft.I'm excited knowing these two pieces will last a lifetime and can only hope they'll be keepsakes for my kids one day.I won't spend my money anywhere else when it comes to leather goods for the fire service. But some people find it difficult to be taken good care of. 3 ways the H6 strap excels The H6 radio strap immediately eliminated some of my initial gripes about radio straps. As a small thank you, wed like to offer you a $30 gift card (valid at GoNift.com). Our Fitted Radio Strap is made to your exact length and specifications to avoid the bulkiness of the buckle and the nuisance of the flapping tongue. Green Leather Radio Strap with Anti-Sway Strap. Order a duty belt and a radio strap as well. This veg tanned leather is infused with waxes and tallows to be the most water resistant and strongest leather. Not sure if that's kosher from a leather care perspective, but its not torn mine up yet! Its always there when needed. You see, leather is much like our skin. 100% Saddle Leather. I'm a customer for life! Quick View. When gearing up I put on my pants first, radio strap second and coat on. And decided to chose Axe and Awl to make me a customized one. I ordered a custom strap for my father and unfortunately the lettering was not colored in. Thanks Black Smoke! Very happy with our products purchased !! Fantastic products, this is my second order from them and both were way beyond my expectations. They are easy to get in contact with and are quick to reply! Were committed to providing the world with free how-to resources, and even $1 helps us in our mission. They probably dont need another 5 star review because everyone knows how great this store is, but Im giving them one anyway!Hand crafted leather works made in house by the owners. BULOVA AEROJET NYLON STRAP MEN'S WATCH 98B340 $275.00 (#295522154346) i . The story of how the Seiko 5 line started and where it is standing today. This trick will not only clean the leather strap but also remove t. Current standard production time is approximately 9-10 weeks from date of order. Best belt I have ever had. I searched around for a company that would take on the job of making station hats for our Fire Department Engine Company and once I was recommended Axe and Awl Leatherworks my search had stopped. You can tell the difference by inspecting the leather. If the band cant be removed, you can follow the rest of the steps! www.firehouse.com is using a security service for protection against online attacks. Typically, names/initials/dates will fit. They probably dont need another 5 star review because everyone knows how great this store is, but Im giving them one anyway!Hand crafted leather works made in house by the owners. It turned out absolutely amazing. Bought my first radio strap and it is the best. Thank you!! My wife feel in love with the purses they had there and so desperately wanted to buy one, but unfortunately we didnt buy it then. I ordered a helmet band and glove holder on july 17th and recieved it july 31st. My chin strap for my fire helmet was first, its awesome and a lot of the Ive ordered 3 different time from Axe and Awl end every time Im amazed at the quality of work in every piece they create. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/f\/f1\/Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-6-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-6-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/f\/f1\/Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-6-Version-2.jpg\/aid10410531-v4-728px-Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-6-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. Thank you so much for the quick response to my order. I just received my custom radio strap and I could not be more happier. The quality of leather is almost as good as the quality of service. Don't hesitate to order from Axe and Awl! Very friendly and helpful if you contact, which I did a few times! Then, lay the string straight on the floor and mark the point in which you pinched the string. Pat the leather with a damp microfiber cloth. HT1250.I hang the speaker mic our just under the collar. It's a 1 1/2" wide and made out of Hermann Oak 7-8 oz. I took my leather briefcase in to have the leather handle repaired / replaced. Best in the business! I decided to get an identical Bought a brown belt back in April 2019. Recently ordered a leather strap for my A few years ago I ordered a radio strap which has been put through a lot and still holds up very well. Always clean the leather before applying conditioner. Theyre both holding up extremely well. The leather is phenomenal and the buckle is extremely convenient, being a first responder, so I can throw my pants on over my shorts if we get a call and not have to worry about messing with a traditional belt closure. My first purchase was helmet bands for my crew for Christmas. It was around 11 weeks to have it in my hands, however it was worth the wait. (. I have no doubt that my gear will last the rest of my career. Dry brush the strap surface with a nubuck/suede brush to remove loose dirt and restore the nap of the piece. We could not be happier with it!! Items 1 to 5 of 5 total View as: Radio Strap Pen Holder. GET RID OF BUCKLES AND LEATHER FLOPPING TAILS! The first would be the use of a cloth measuring tape draped over your shoulder to mimic your radio strap positions. Rated 4.99 out of 5 $ 135.00. Follow these 4 easy steps to learn about the proper way to don your radio strap. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/4\/4f\/Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-8-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-8-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/4\/4f\/Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-8-Version-2.jpg\/aid10410531-v4-728px-Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-8-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. Went with the Hot Rod Red and turned out amazing! If you're looking for a better alternative than the toxin, biohazard and odor absorbingleather radio straps & duty belts on the market today, then you've come to right place. This is my third order with Spencer and Courtney. Shop Now Complete Customization There produce the best craftsmanship and long lasting product on the market. Being a first responder I was looking for a radio belt with good quality. Which made me order a new radio basket. So I did and I won't go back to the (radio pocket) again. Saddle soap. (Its very high) I will probably only order anything leather from these guys for the rest of my life. As mentioned, leather straps have quite a lot of environmental enemies so we need to take special care of them. {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/d\/df\/Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-2-Version-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-2-Version-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/d\/df\/Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-2-Version-3.jpg\/aid10410531-v4-728px-Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-2-Version-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. Their work and craftsmanship that is put into each and every product is second to none! God willing.- Eddie Laubengeyer. Use tab to navigate through the menu items. Will definitely order other products from Black Smoke Apparel! One item I ordered was a fitted radio strap and I screwed up on the measuring (no ones fault but my own) and Spenser was more than accommodating with helping me get the right size one reordered and out to me. But if the leather contacts with water, or any other liquids, the oil inside will run off with the liquids when it evaporates. Is what I tell the very few guys that wear them. Home Leather Radio Straps Custom Radio Straps Browse Subcategories. This process is automatic. wikiHow is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together. This measurement will determine where you would like your radio mic clip to be positioned. Thank you!! Their customer service was wonderful and kind; they were more than willing to to work with me on the custom details, and delivered such a quality item. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3xWt6jEcIU&t=139s, https://www.citizenwatch-global.com/support/pdf/h128/e.pdf, https://www.fossil.com/on/demandware.static/-/Library-Sites-FossilSharedLibrary/default/dw64e26901/PDFs/skagen/SKG2365317_HO18_WatchInstruction_Web_BKLT_7-5%202.pdf, https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91UpkZUcN1L.pdf, https://www.seikowatches.com/us-en/customerservice/faq/care-maintenance-3, https://www.esquire.com/style/mens-accessories/a55553/watch-smells-cleaning/, https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles/how-to-care-for-leather/, limpiar la correa de cuero de un reloj de pulsera. Never submerge or spray water on your leather strap. The craftsmen ship of the radio strap is second to none and the personalized components truly make the gear one of a kind. Even has a pocket inside for my cell! Excellent customer service and high quality craftsmanship. Simply push down the ball-shaped handle in the springbar, then the strap can easily be removed. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Thank you for the great work Spencer & Courtney. In this article, we will show you the methods of keeping different types of leather straps nice and clean. All of our radio straps are made from 10/12 oz thick saddle grade leather, well above industry standard, and our quality metal hardware will meet and rival any hardware that is currently used through-out the industry. Ridgeway Leatherworks did a fantastic job. While I too am 100% for under the coat, I like it better because its less prone to snagging and tangling with SCBA staps, seatbelts and the stupid SCBA collision straps. Copyright 1998-2012, Firehouse.com, A property of Southcomm Inc. All times are GMT-5. Will recommend them to everyone I can! We, for the most part have on set cost for a custom radio strap no matter what the size, text, or number of stamps. Short answer: yes, but you'll need to adjust for two changes to the measurements. Once leather is exposed to heat, water or cleaning chemicals, the leather starts to degrade while . Thank you! It turned out absolutely amazing. A good watchmaking tool is hard to find. We both like the clean, simple look of the watch . Probably every watch hobbyist owns at least one leather strap. So needless to say I ordered a chinstrap the next day, as soon as it arrived i immediately put it on my helmet and love it craftsmanship is amazing. {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/1\/1c\/Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-4-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-4-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/1\/1c\/Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-4-Version-2.jpg\/aid10410531-v4-728px-Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-4-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. The craftsmanship and attention to detail are out of this world. Leather straps are porous and act like a sponge retaining contaminants for the life of the strap. We use heavy duty hardware and copper rivets to ensure your strap will handle anything you can throw at it. . A leather watch strap looks gorgeous and classy on your arm, but how do you keep it clean so it continues to look amazing for years to come? Absolutely mind blowing. I heard about Axe and Awl through a co-worker and he had nothing but good things to say. Again like the strap great quality, customizability and colors. Aadir al carrito. This article has been viewed 46,433 times. The craftsmanship and attention to detail are out of this world. I originally had an issue with the graphic design on the radio basket I ordered. My fianc loved it so much as a gift, he wore it washing the dishes, lol!! 2nd Cord Keeper = islocated at the front bottom of your strap to keep the cord next to your radio. Looking We have bought several items, including my August bag at Axe and Awl Leatherworks, and have returned for the Tobacco and Leather candles and the best olives ever.All of their products are exceptional,and it is difficult to stay away! wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. Its still electronic and needs to beat the heat, and like said if it hits the fan and you need help, thats your only way to get it quick. I just received my radio strap and looks great. I ordered the duty belt for work and it is very high quality. I took my leather briefcase in to have the leather handle repaired / replaced. Amazing customer service, any questions I asked were responded too within the same day. Remove the strap from the watch before cleaning it. Ms informacin. Indeed, leather is a material that is very sensitive to other elements. Take a 3rd measurement from the bottom of the back of the webbing, string, rope or your old strap to your waist. $5.99. It was well worth the wait time for a custom one. In addition, Our radio straps are made with quality materials and include: Because no two people are alike, we offer the ability to get the strap exactly where you want it to be. I just recieved my radio strap and it is outstanding! Read on to find out how to replace a NH35 with a NH34 movement. protect it! Everyone asked me where did I order my radio strap from and I've been proud to tell them Axe and Awl Leatherworks LLC. Very friendly and helpful if you contact, which I did a few times! Most importantly it works very well, I've used the radio strap at multiple calls and I'm very satisfied.Thank youJames Boles. They were extremely helpful in making a few changes prior to finishing our order. Has also ben used to hold a SEARAT Tool, 90 Degree Light Holder = designed to hold lights like pelican Big Ed and Little Ed 90, Streamlight Survivor, Flash Light Holder Custom =email pictures of your flash lightinfo@blacksmokeapparel.com. Here is how we designed the premium tools in our Pro Tool Kit. I just received my radio strap and looks great. Ive been searching all over for a belt thats built to last and I found this gem. I have seen other work done on straps at the FD and mine pretty much takes the cake thanks to Axe and Amazing work! I reached out and Axe & Awl, they got back to me right away and corrected the issue. I ordered a radio strap from these guys in 2017. Make sure the radio hangs low enough to be accesible from under the edge of your turnout coat and SCBA waist strap. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Their attention to detail is amazing!! Soooo comfortable! Wearing your rig (radio strap) on your left or right side is really up to you, whichever you feel more comfortable with is all that really matters. 30 x 14 x 10 in. The craftsmanship and attention to detail is amazing. Several people have asked where I got it from. New. $149.00. (Its very high) I will probably only order anything leather from these guys for the rest of my life. Premium Leathers, Calf Lined, Stainless Steel Hardwares. I am a customer for life and will be referring them to ALL my Firefighting family.THANKS AGAIN SPENCER! Im glad I found this shop. Finally, use an industrial deodorizing agent if all else fails. I was so happy with the radio strap that a couple years later I ordered a set of their H back style suspenders. Just received it 2 days ago. I was so please that I ordered an new helmet band and was not surprised at all by the quality and the attention to detail. I purchased the Amazingly beautiful sleigh bells.They are a gift for along time friend so I am so proud to give them to her. Your Name (required) *. Pick up some of their goods today. I have seen other work done on straps at the FD and mine pretty much takes the cake thanks to Axe and Awl Leatherworks. $54.95. The quality of leather is almost as good as the quality of service. This leather fire man radio strap is a quality leather product Made Proudly in the USA. The craftsmanship is truly impressive and so beautiful!! The best quality I have ever had in any leather product ever. These straps are awesome! Personalization includes up to 12 letters or numbers painted a single color at no additional charge.

Halfway Between Nyc And Charleston, Sc, Articles H