Rice should be removed from the HOF. The funny thing is that Rice was stupid enough to throw stones at Brady when three days before he himself had openly admitted to cheating. It really doesnt create that much of an edge. [1st] Most Yards from Scrimmage, Game 220 (vs. Cincinnati, Super Bowl XXII) One game that stands out in my mind would be the NFC Championship game that we played against the Bears in the 1988 season in Chicago. [Tied for 1st] Most Consecutive Games, 100 or More Yards Receiving 3 (1988-1989) Did Odell Beckham use stickum to make that great catch last year ? The 49ers need to have all those wins removed from the historical records too. Patriot honks: Goodell destroyed ALL evidence of SpyGate. Cuz if u clowns wanna go down THAT road U cld say cheating goes on with EVERY SINGLE PLAY IN AN NFL GAME. 1993 XXVII Dallas [1st] Most Consecutive Game with a Pass Reception 28 This is so great. 1989 XXIII San Francisco* With Deflate Gate, and Seattle making a mind numbing dumb call at the end, yup the Pats indeed have their fourth asterisk. Denver salary cap cheated both those years and was fined and docked draft picks for doing so. Coaches today still cover their mouths and send out fake signals because the coaches tape from each game will still have all of the signals from every play that is provided to every team by the league for their coaching staffs to study. The fact is that the law regarding stickum was passed in 1981 and everyone ignored it. I miss Bill Walsh every day of my life. The NFL has been pretty much dead to me after the Rams and Raiders left L.A. *Jerry Rice [Tied for 1st] Most Receiving Touchdowns, Game 5 (vs. Atlanta, Oct. 14, 1990) No one game more exemplified his ability to raise his level of play when the lights were at the brightest, the night he broke Jim Browns career touchdown record. Sep 2022 - Present7 months. Jerry Rice retired as not only the greatest receiver of all time but also the greatest player of all time. For God sake wake up and man up. There are no more routes to run, no more touchdowns to score, no more records to set. The browser you are using is no longer supported on this site. Its rules of the time. Somewhere the ghost of that little boy wearing Montanas Halloween costume is staring in distance feeling lost and empty. Did Clark make the catch in the NFC championship game with stickum ? We earned the nickname satellite express because the ball was seemingly in orbit. 1999 XXXIII Denver Has Brady done admitted cheating? [1st] Most Receiving Touchdowns, Career 176 But man you got beat by Bledsoe in 02 championship game at home and in 05 with a Tom Brady who had a fever the night before. Even if every single team in the NFL cheated in one way or another, it wouldnt change the fact that Goodells relationship with Kraft almost assures that the Patriots will never be punished. Super Bowl Silver Anniversary Team It was a dream come true to be drafted by the 49ers, and I'm so proud to be part of such a classy organization, with the greatest owner ever, Eddie DeBartolo. The Patriots have a long history of getting good performances from other teams cast-offs. And secondly I dont believe for a second that he didnt know stickum was illegal and therefore found out by doing his research. Theres nothing wrong with using stickum. Thank you, God, for allowing us to travel here safely. I know this might be a little illegal, guys, but you put a little spray, a little stickum on them, to make sure that texture is a little sticky, Rice said with a laugh as part of an ESPN feature regarding the evolution of gloves. Wait a minute .. Jerry Rice ADMITS to using a banned substance stickum says that everybody did it, and says that it didnt really give him an advantage. And thats why I said get rid of all the Super Bowl rings and start everything anew. Before Joe Montana or Steve Young, there was Willie Totten, my quarterback at Mississippi State Valley University. The Patriots had signed fullback Keith Byars that season after hed been cut by the Dolphins. Nonetheless, there will be a chorus of idiots who will say it is a cover-up and the Patriots are habitual line-steppers. [2nd] Highest Average per Reception, Game - 32.2 (at Dallas, Nov. 20, 1995 - 5-161) And, the BLOWBACK from the Deflategate witchhunt continues. Heres a revelation for you. That should send a message to the Cheaters and all other 31 teams that they should not cheat. 2.No team walk thru or practice was ever taped by the Pats but has somehow become urban legend. This is what happens when people act holy. Easy. Here's a retrospective of. Jerry Lee Rice (born October 13, 1962) is a Hall of Fame American football wide receiver. Wow. [1st] Most Yards Receiving, Career 2,245 I had to get back to my hands, Rice said in 1985, from a 2006 item by Mike Tanier of FootballOutsiders.com. U must be such a great packers fan that you dont even know rogers openly admitted he tries to get over inflated balls into games. Ray Lewis has always been held accountable way beyond his offenses. Does this mean Montana wasnt as good as his stats made him out to be since his best receiver was cheating? 3. What a hypocrite. The 49ers havent won a Super Bowl since StickumGate. Rice is a cheater, a liar, and a hypocrite. The all-time . He is just a hypocrite and a fool. #1 AFC Team NE* beat the #1 NFC Team Seattle, *BRADYS #4 *OFFENSE beat the Seahawks #1 DEFENSE. Your QB has admitted to cheating! First of all Patriots would have beaten the Colts playing with an actual pig as the pigskin. Joe Montana must be SO embarassed to be associated with this loser. He had a work ethic that goes back to when he was a child. Jerry Rice broke the rules and got away with it. Everyone was using stick em or looking for an advantage back when until it was made illegal, and even then its not like stickem is any different that the sticky gloves they have now a days. Tbh, I dont really care about his stickum use, what bothers me is the utter hypocrisy of his Patriots stance, and his inability to just admit he was wrong. [1st] Most Points Scored, Career 114 Jerry Rice Legends 89 OVR - Madden NFL 22 - MUT.GG Joe Montana's passing numbers were off. In addition, thank you to your family for their support. You must be logged in to leave a comment. History followed. Doesnt really matter.the Patriots are the biggest cheating scumbags to ever play in the NFL, hands down, and its really not all that close. Hes just been better at the end of games then every other QB in history, and that has turned a lot of losses into wins. In fact, the Patriots were victims of the tuck rule against the Jets. To my children, I am so proud of you. Im looking forward to the results of the investigation that exonerates the Patriots. #hypocrite. NFL fans have to be some of the dumbest people on the planet. LMAO! We definitely made each other better. Regardless, the Patriots did cheat. And his gloves with stickum helped get him to Canton. So that gets us to the matter of Belichick and his videotaping. To me, he owes the Pats a huge apology. how to get to disney springs from boardwalk / bb dakota plaid jacket canada / jerry rice total career drops. While Tom Brady may have caught up with Rice as to the latter, there's still no question as to the former.Cementing Rice's brilliance are three major records that have not remotely been challenged in the [more] Rice started at wide receiver. It was as if I was saying, You're going to have to work so hard to get to where I am, and if you can pay that price, you deserve it. [1st] Most Points, Career 48 Feb 7, 2015 10:53 AM Anytime a hater states the Patriots superbowls are tainted just means my team sucks or we lost to BB and Brady again !! Could people write them down? Behind every great fortune, there is a crime More Self righteous BS.. Rogers over inflates the ball with the hope that it would be certified by the Ref.. Thats cheating!! Otherwise we risk watching a game of lies. Belichick and the Pats paid the fines and moved on. | October 19, 2004 Rice traded by Oakland Raiders to Seattle Seahawks in exchange for conditional 7th round draft pick, 2005 | June 1, 2005 Rice signed as free agent with Denver Broncos. He has been one of the most outspoken Brady critics talking about deflategate as if it is a proven fact and created some huge advantage. As a New York Giants fan, Jerry Rice is a disgrace to the NFL, Anytime a hater states the Patriots superbowls are tainted just means my team sucks or we lost to BB and Brady again !! If Rice was using it you know John Taylor and Dwight Clark were. You are a fan of a team that has a culture of cheating and seem to have accepted it. PoY [1st] Most Points, Game 30 (vs. Atlanta, Oct. 14, 1990) Just shut up. Not a chance my friend. Jerry Rice Career Stats - NFL.com Rice has caught passes in 184 straight games, breaking the mark set by Art Monk from 1980-95. Do you really think that they are not watching signals during a game to see if they can figure out what to run against those signals? Like somebody said earlier, all teams cheat but when the Patriots get accused of anything, SELF RIGHTEOUS people like you act like their own team has never done anything wrong! If you look around and dont see a fool chances are its YOU. If Rice hadnt said Im going to be point blank, I feel like its cheating, with regard to the Patriots, I would have given him a pass, but he now comes across as a hypocritical fool only concerned with his legacy. Who has been PROVEN to cheat and has not been caught? After a confounding 26-17 loss in Dallas on Oct. 17, when Michael Irvin anointed himself king of the wideouts, Rice demanded the football and was instantly obliged. Feb 7, 2015 10:43 AM *Everything related to the 49ers dynasty years. ..and no amount of back-pedaling or stories designed to soften the blow will change that. As a Ravens fan, I am sure glad I dont have to find comfort in how many other people are cheating in order for me to feel good about our Super Bowl wins. Jerry Rice played 20 seasons for the 49ers, Raiders and Seahawks. Obviously Jerry is at the knows no bounds portion of the movie. Buy on eBay. but only in patriots case everybody making huge deal, it is NOT even prove that patriots are guilty in under defalted football so thats clear indication that they simply jealous of patriots. There will be a headline, sure, but its quickly forgotten. , or when you publicly admit that you cheated to the world. Grow up and quit being so naive, Even if every single team in the NFL cheated in one way or another, it wouldnt change the fact that Goodells relationship with Kraft almost assures that the Patriots will never be punished. If Moss put in the time earlier in his career like he did later on he would of been #1 and the game hasnt really felt right without his presence. That was the era when defenses was allowed to hold and rough receivers and Qbs up. I was also part of the Oakland Raiders, a team I admired that also went to the Super Bowl. We are beyond the point that this talk is blown way out of proportion, and as of now, my thought process is that these guys are the best players in the world, whether they drop a PSI of air, put hairspray on gloves, or take a brush and rub a football. Jerome your own coach said he did the same thing! I was scared to death, but excited at the same time. Then the football pins used to deflate balls. If Rice got caught while doing it he wouldve been fined or suspended. One thing is sure that everyone is jealous of patriots. **This admission is more damning and really a HUGE news story. I dont condone cheating, but surely, he had to realize nothing good was going to come out of putting his foot in his mouth. Jerry Rice played 20 seasons for the 49ers, Raiders and Seahawks. Com(mie)cast couldnt pay me to watch it on their overpriced bundle. The Patriots didnt win the Super Bowl because of a barely deflated ball, Jerry Rice isnt the GOAT because of Stickum, and Reggie Bush wasnt the Heisman trophy winner because someone bought him a car . #4: 5th Grade Science as well as college science dictates loss of air pressure as temperature drops. We'll answer those questions and more. Maybe we get the same outcome, but they were caught. there are so many teams violated the rules . But I chose Mississippi Valley State for two reasons: Coach Archie Cooley loved his team to throw the football, and they were the only ones who sent someone to see me play. Of course all those yelling cheater and spygate now must look in a mirror and admit they really dont know anything about football other than what uniform they root for. The Subcommittee is meeting here today to hear testimony on ``Management and Access Challenges Across the Southwestern Region Forests.''. He had 1,549 catches for 22,895 yards and scored 208 touchdowns. This is like if the rule of oversides gets turned from 5 yrds to 10 yds. 11 Jun 2022. 1985 XIX San Francisco*. You might want to rethink your stance on the subject since no investigation is needed into rogers as HE ADMITS! [Tied for 2nd] Most Touchdowns, Game 4 (at Tampa Bay, Nov. 14, 1994) Im guessing Ruce will get a pass, the Pats obv wont. So is the picture of him posted on the article with no gloves, presented to us on purpose or with a twist? It is my great privilege and honor to present for induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, my dear friend Jerry Rice. [1st] Most Seasons, 50 or More Pass Receptions 17 [Tied for 2nd] Most Pass Receptions, Game 10 (vs. San Diego, Super Bowl XXIX), Postseason Records Jerry Rice (207) No. Buccaneers beat Chiefs to win Super Bowl 2021 - CNN Who has the most dropped passes in NFL history? Travis Kelce's 1,467 postseason receiving yards are second to only Jerry Rice who accumulated 2,245 yards. codythao35 says: Jerrys greatest contribution to the game of football is the way he carried himself. I never wanted to let my father down, and I was afraid to let Bill Walsh down. Jerry Rice Drops A Lengthy Response To Randy Moss Calling Him The '3rd or 4th' Best WR Ever December 21, 2020 @7:42pm (Updated: November 27, 2022 @3:02pm)by Darrelle Lincoln Facebook Tweet 2014 XLVIII Seattle Seahawks* 1986 Topps Jerry Rice Rookie Card RC #161 PSA 8 San Francisco 49ers NM-MT. Glue helps you hold onto the football, and holding onto the football got Jerry Rice into the Hall of Fame. Has scored the most touchdowns in NFL history (208) and holds virtually every significant career receiving . Indeed, Rice at one point in 1985ditched his glove and went back to catching footballs bare-handed. Now youre a hypocrite of the highest order. Are the ski towns filling up with liberal snowflakes? I think Jerry Rice subscribes to the George Costanza notion of lying/cheating. What a hypocrite. I wonder how much Joe Montana and Steve Youngs career totals were impacted to this? What is different is that the PATRIOTS GOT CAUGHT and instead they were rewarded with playing a Super Bowl game. Move on. [1st] Most Yards Receiving, Season 1,848 (1995) so why no one was making a big deal when other teams broke the rules??? 1.Tuck Rule was neither cheating or put in place for the benefit of the Pats, it was a horrible rule that was correctly called on the field. I am a 49er fan and I wonder what prompted Rice to make an absolute fool of himself. We were the envy of the NFL, the guys they said wore wing tips and carried briefcases because we were a first-class operation and meant business. He was the son of a brick mason, who developed his craft catching bricks from his father in the harsh Mississippi sun. Joe was the ultimate prankster, put in Tiger balm in jocks and Steve would roll out of bed and come to work with his hair all messed up. Which was PROPERLY applied at the time. More at IMDbPro Contact info Agent info Resume Born October 13, 1962 Add to list Photos 15 Known for Rules of Engagement 7.3 TV Series No reason to pretend in the first place. Thank you. [1st] Most Touchdowns, Season 23 (1987) The bricks had to be stacked because any slowdown was money lost. News flash. It will be over before you know it and there is no 6th round savior on the horizon. Ive always wondered how those same fans explain coordinators covering their mouths even today? - Clients: Salesforce, FICO, UiPath, Tableau, Amplitude & Ciena. Things arent a little or a lot or sort of illegal. - So not only do the Patriots not deserve an asterisk, Rice has made a hypocrite of himself for no reason at all! So all former players and especially Jerry right now just please shut up. You know what, guys, I feel like dancing! But its wrong by ESPN to have Jerome Bettis, Brian Dawkins discuss this because only thing they are thinking about is Spygate they dont think this is a big deal. Byars taught the Patriots defense all of the Dolphins audibles. I will also add, regarding the issue of deflated footballs (deflategate is a witchhunt based on misinformation, it seems), in his autobiography, Terry Bradshaw says they deflated footballs all the time. And Florio is such a little *%$#such a sniveling whiny little %$#@ that he has to point out multiple times hes only writing the article at the behest of Pats fans. He wrote 582 worthless columns about Deflategate nearly single-handedly keeping that non-story alive but is only reporting that the supposed greatest receiver of all time is an admitted cheater to appease Pats fans. Everybody else cheats too! its not to justify the actions of Spygate, but rather to say, Why are you self-righteously piling on the Pats when every other team/player is also pushing to the edge of the rules too? I love you, Bill, your wife Geri and your family. Skip to main content. If the NFL banned gloves, wed see completion percentages drop from 60% to 50%. . I will defend Jump-Ball Joe anytime over Cheatn Tom. Besides, it isnt cheating to sign another teams former player and get info from him. Rice is just like Clemens, 354 wins, with most of the 154 inflated by PED while most normal person falters with age. Not a surprise given the owners original stance trying to sweep the Ray Rice wife beating under the rug. BB said Cant wait to have Rodger with me on the sidelines as I waive to the opposing team. This doesnt change any of his accomplishments or anything. Rice is a hypocrite. Did Taylor make the game winning catch vs Cincinnati in the SB with stickum ?? This has been such an unbelievable week. revelation123 says: Feb 7, 2015 7:38 PM. He and the team got caught and paid with unprecedented fines. I found this post that says Fitz has the lowest drop percentage of any active WR. U must be such a great packers fan that you dont even know rogers openly admitted he tries to get over inflated balls into games. XXIV. The Pats have had many players signed by the other teams in their division and ones they had coming up on their schedule. What a terrible article. Every player knew nothing was finer than to be a 49er, and some was willing to take pay cuts to play there. Fans and whoever will cling to whatever they can to further their agenda to label the Pats the way they want, regardless of the facts that come out. Brady may become the GOAT. The problem with Pat fans is that they only read their own blogs and nothing else. Rice started at wide receiver. Just like he did after every game, Eddie has greeted players like Joe Montana, Steve Young, Fred Dean and me in Canton, Ohio. As a Patriots fan, I think Belichick felt that way about videotaping signals and still feels that way. You wanted to win for this guy. Bills, Jets, Miami fansStart this waygood ownership, REAL FOOTBALL PEOPLE TO MAKE REAL FOOTBALL DECISIONS. Move on nothing left to see here. How many dropped passes did Jerry Rice have in his career? Jerry Lynn, thank you for joining us here today. Even if every single team in the NFL cheated in one way or another, it wouldnt change the fact that Goodells relationship with Kraft almost assures that the Patriots will never be punished. Maybe they shouldnt wipe the balls down with towels when it rains, or players shouldnt be allowed to put paint under their eyes to help with glare. Stop crying you bunch of little girls. Hmmm. All-Time NFL Team (selected in year 2000) Niner fans are now happy that they left San Francisco. This isnt surprising, and personally I dont think it really diminishes anything. Yes, he blatantly violated the league rules., By Jason Cole, Yahoo Sports Friday, Sep 14, 2007. What would bother me more is if the Colts are found to have set up the Patriots for deflating the footballs, that is cheating and should cost them dearly. [1st] Most Yards From Scrimmage, Career 23,540 They have the Best Owner, Best Coach and Greatest QB of all time .deal with it ! The pillars of game integrity Ray Lewis and Jerry Rice. It was just an unbelievable night. Gloves today pretty much catch the ball for you! Because they dont have a RGoodell that has brought waay too much marketing to the NFL. [Tied for 1st] Most Pass Receptions in Single Game, Rookie Season 10 (vs. L.A. Rams, Dec. 9, 1985) Despite the fear of knowing my mom and dad would whip me good, one day my sophomore year at B.L. He finished his career with 301 catches for 4,693 yards and 50 touchdowns; his NCAA record for total career touchdown receptions stood until 2006, when University of New Hampshire wide receiver David Ball recorded his 51st career receiving touchdown. It makes me want to stop watching football. He had five receptions for 77 yards and one touchdown. In 1997, New England was at the heart of a delicious bit of espionage. He also rushed six times and scored one touchdown on the ground. and goes on to say that saying everybody does it is no excuse, and he asks if there is no advantage, then why is he doing it??. [1st] Most Touchdowns, Career 19 But he did know all of the players on the 49ers. [1st] Most Games, 100 or More Yards Receiving, Career 66 If Edelman was using PEDS, the same thing applies. And to think we used to have some respect for those two we were fools. The real word is hypocrites. Bet some of that stickum got on the ball for Joe to grip. And we are all silly if we dont believe that all teams and all players attempt to gain some type of edge in what is an incredibly competitive and balanced league and where your entire campaign can turn on one play in a single game. The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Others will surely follow. Smith runs second-fastest 40 by DL since 03, Saleh compares Carr to Stafford pre-Rams trade, Allen to be ready to roll for offseason program, How to maximize leverage of No. You are another in a long line of hypocrites. [Tied for 3rd] Most Receiving Touchdowns, Game 3 (eight times), Postseason Records So youre telling me that Rice called out Brady as a cheater on national TV where there is no proof of guilt while he openly cheated himself. And that includes two of Montanas rings he would have never won without Rices FILTHY CHEATING! Rivalries are great for the NFL, and it's fitting that the 49ers and Cowboys are represented here today. We micro-analyze by instant replay, counting the blades of grass between two feet down or out of bounds. it would not have even came up if Jerry hadnt run his mouth about Tom Brady..shame on you Jerry Rice not only for running your mouth about the Pats but for being a cheater..no wonder he thinks the Pats cheated..this guy just went from being a great athlete to being a clown in my book. Then he goes on to crucify Tom Brady as a cheater for using deflated footballs which STILL hasnt been proven! The concrete had to be laid a certain way. Coach Cooley is here today. Furthermore when the likes of Ray Lewis, who never should have been playing at all and Charles Haley, one of the poster boys for bad behavior in his time are the words of wisdom, there is something seriously wrong. In front of 57,000 fans in a Monday night game at Candlestick, Rice dropped three more passes. Better hands than Rice as we all know, and didnt have to use stickem. pftdeletesallcommentsbecausetheyrebabies says:
Big 5 Sporting Goods Return Policy Days, Who Brews Aldi Anti Establishment Ipa, Articles J