For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Amazon return is pretty much no questions asked. What is the difference between Cart & List? At only a quarter the size of a standard SD card, the Micro Center microSDHC Class 10 boosts storage capacity and enhances transfer speeds to a minimum of 10Mbps. I've bought several "open box" motherboards on Amazon before and they all worked fine. Bring them to any of the 25 Micro Center retail locations. Choose your store to see our full product selection with local pricing and availability. Is there a way to troubleshoot the laptop within the 14 day return window to check out everything? }, Choose your store to see our full product selection with local pricing and availability, Choose a store to see products at your local Micro Center, Intel Core i7-12700K, ASUS Z690-P Prime DDR5, CPU / Motherboard Combo, Intel Core i7-12700K, ASUS Z690-P Prime WiFi DDR5, CPU / Motherboard Combo, Intel Core i7-12700K, ASUS Z690-M-PLUS Prime DDR4, CPU / Motherboard Combo, Intel Core i7-12700K, ASUS Z690-G ROG Strix Gaming WiFi DDR5, CPU / Motherboard Combo, Apple MacBook Pro MKGP3LLA bundled with Microsoft 365 Family - 12 Month Subscription for up to 6 People, Intel Core i5-12600K, ASUS Z690-P Prime DDR4, CPU / Motherboard Combo, Dell G15 5520 bundled with Microsoft 365 Family - 12 Month Subscription for up to 6 People, Intel Core i5-12600K, ASUS Z690-A Prime DDR5, CPU / Motherboard Combo, HP Victus 16-e1163nr bundled with Microsoft 365 Family - 12 Month Subscription for up to 6 People, Acer Aspire TC-1750-UR11 bundled with Microsoft 365 Family - 12 Month Subscription for up to 6 People, Intel Core i5-12600K, ASUS Z690-P Prime DDR5, CPU / Motherboard Combo, HP Victus 15-fb0121nr bundled with Microsoft 365 Family - 12 Month Subscription for up to 6 People, PowerSpec G711 bundled with Microsoft 365 Family - 12 Month Subscription for up to 6 People, Intel Core i5-12600K, ASUS Z690-P Prime WiFi DDR5, CPU / Motherboard Combo, Acer Aspire 5 A515-57-52YQ bundled with Microsoft 365 Family - 12 Month Subscription for up to 6 People, PowerSpec G712 bundled with Microsoft 365 Family - 12 Month Subscription for up to 6 People, Intel Core i5-12600K, ASUS Z690-M-PLUS Prime DDR4, CPU / Motherboard Combo, Dell OptiPlex 3000 SFF bundled with Microsoft 365 Family - 12 Month Subscription for up to 6 People, Lenovo Ideapad 5 82SG0006US bundled with Microsoft 365 Family - 12 Month Subscription for up to 6 People, PowerSpec G513 bundled with Microsoft 365 Personal - 12 Month Subscription for 1 Person, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with Wraith Stealth Cooler, MSI X570S MAG Tomahawk Max WiFi, CPU / Motherboard Combo, MSI Katana GF66 12UD 015 Platinum Collection bundled with Microsoft 365 Personal - 12 Month Subscription for 1 Person, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, ASUS X570 ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero, CPU / Motherboard Combo, PowerSpec B749 bundled with Microsoft 365 Family - 12 Month Subscription for up to 6 People. To comply, Micro Center Online collects the required modest recycling fee for specified electronic devices if that device is: 1. All but one worked flawlessly. We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our website. Email or Mobile Phone*. [14] Micro Center is an approved seller of all Apple . Each Micro Center store features a Knowledge Bar offering free, one-on-one tech support and inspiration - no appointment needed. 'brand': '', 'price': '1,679.98', By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Thanks! Pictures - https://imgur.com/gallery/llfPf. 'list': 'Search Results', Collected fees aredeposited Manufacturer warranty still applied. In order to make these hot offers available to more customers, You can get a brand-new Sapphire Nitro RX 480 4GB card for $189.99 from Newegg. It still sure beats spending $50 on a system I don't care about. },{ I have also had good luck with Microcenter open box boards. If the price is a big enough saving, I suppose it could be worth the risk. 'list': 'Search Results', But just wanted to gauge the internet. 1 Reply 'position': 10 'position': 17 I would recommend it to anyone, really! 'price': '1,479.98', OP here, picked up an open box MSI Z690-A Pro DDR4 for $154. Having looked around a bit more, I see that, in addition to the MSI GT70 0ND-444US, there is also an open box Toshiba Qosmio X875-Q7190 for almost an identical price. Hello Reddit, I was looking at purchasing a laptop and noticed that a $2200 laptop had an open box one for $1500. MC is good about accepting back open box items that don't work. Maybe I've just been lucky, but my experience has been flawless. },{ Use your cart to checkout in-store pickup and shipped items. 'price': '297.98', Even if it was a TV or some other appliance, as per the MicroCenter open box return policy, you could get a chance for the replacement or the 100% refund. It's not worth the 30 dollars savings. },{ Purchased in California using in-store pickup, Micro Center Online will assess the appropriate charge(s) on your bill at checkout, and will display your fee(s) on your online order confirmation and order summary. It depends on the amount of risk you're willing to take. Reference: I used to be a Micro Center sales associate. MicroCenter generally will sell you the two or three year replacement plan on open box, refurbished, or even open box refurbished items if you want to save a little less but have more peace of mind. We use industry-standard 256-bit TLS encryption to provide maximum protection for your personal information. 'category': 'Laptop Computer Combos|782', },{ },{ 'position': 1 . If the stated limit is exceeded, your order will be adjusted or cancelled so that all Price after $0.00 discount: $0.00 Get 5% off INSTANTLY in-store upon approval and, as a cardholder, access exclusive offers with the Micro Center Insider Credit Card. The caveat is that it's an open box item. $19.90 + $10.55 shipping. I got home and checked them both only to find that two corners of the processor are bent and covered in thermal paste and the mobo has broken pins on connections. 'position': 16 Buying open box is like gambling or playing the silicon lottery with dings and scratches. 'category': 'Motherboard/CPU Combos|774', Open box could mean they ran the shit out of it Nd then returned it. The employees there are generally helpful and chill, so just check it while you're there. MicroCenter has good return policies and actually honors them. As an email subscriber, you'll have premier access to our best offers, exclusive deals and more. Planning on building a computer but need some advice? This fee is not taxed, and will be reimbursed in full should you return your product(s).. 'price': '1,879.98', But otoh, I'm certain that a bad PSU I bought from Microcenter was a previous return they just threw back on the shelf without testing first, so be sure to use it as soon as you can after buying. },{ We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund in accordance with our return policy no receipt needed if you have a Micro Center Insider Account. I returned the bad one and they returned the money. YMMV. (regular terms apply) Apply Now We use industry-standard 256-bit TLS encryption to provide maximum protection for your personal information. 'position': 4 },{ They had the Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H for $132 open box, vs $160 new, so I was trying to consider if I should get the 2500K to get the board for $110, even though I didnt need the CPU . 'id': '5006214', Call center said yeah, we will have them call you. California's Electronic Waste Recycling Act of 2003 'name': 'MSI Katana GF66 12UD 015 Platinum Collection bundled with Microsoft 365 Personal - 12 Month Subscription for 1 Person', Working fine and they have never given me an issue on a return during the return window. I'm noticing the one you purchased was marked as incomplete and was discounted as such. What were some of your open box experiences? 'id': '5006190', I ended up owing about $55 extra with tax. 'id': '5005835', We're your trusted local service and repair professionals. Lastly if I know Im going to keep it long term often I buy the 2 year protection on the mobo so now Ive got 2 years to return it. },{ Stores are sized up to 60,000 sq ft (5,600 m 2), stocking about 36,000 products across 700 categories, including major name brands and Micro Center's own brands. From what I understand, "open box" typically means the box has been opened, the laptop has been used and the original purchasers decided not to keep it. 'name': 'AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, ASUS X570 ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero, CPU / Motherboard Combo', Work with the latest in computer and digital technology. The microcenter associate told me price reduction reflects the length of time the laptop has been reshelved. },{ 'price': '729.98', I then tried to contact LianLi but they wouldn't help by saying open box items are not covered by warranty which is quite different than what Micro Center's statement on the issue. All a-ok. Make sure you examine the board before you purchase it. Subscriptions Email Newsletters As an email subscriber, you'll have premier access to our best offers, exclusive deals and more. It's an Asus Z690 Tuf Gaming DDR4, which is priced $90 less than retail. I'd rather pay extra for it being new and with a longer warranty. Avoid parts only motherboards because people find interesting ways to screw them up (scratches with screwdrivers, knives, or whatever that destroy traces, etc.) I was rather surprised they repaired it at no cost given MSI's track record concerning customer service. 'id': '5006219', I bought a refurbished asus dual 1366 board from newegg like 10 years ago and never had any issues, it's been running 24/7 since then as my file server too so decent luck there. Viewable screen size equal to or greater than 4 inches but less than 15 inches measured diagonally, Viewable screen size equal to or greater than 15 inches but less than 35 inches measured diagonally, Viewable screen size equal to or greater than 35 inches measured diagonally. I opened a ticket with MSI and they approved an RMA. And then you can buy a replacement plan on that. 'id': '5006160', The microcenter associate told me price reduction reflects the length of time the laptop has been reshelved. I'll buy used boards from ebay or forums because people post actual pictures but a bit leery of doing it from big stores, amazon has sent me used motherboards when I purchased new ones so I am also not likely to buy from them lol. Is returning open box items a nightmare? 'brand': '', they look up the receipt and give you a $100 gift card. { 'position': 9 I bought about 15-20 open box motherboards from microcenter this year and two had issues. 'list': 'Search Results', 'position': 3 'brand': '', The foam padding around the motherboard was even still tied on with the zipties from the packaging. The store mantra is to ALWAYS take care of the customer. . in an Electric Waste Recovery and Recycling Account managed by the State of California and are used to provide payments to authorized collectors and recyclers. Just check and see if its 15 or 30 days since sometimes the open box stuff is 15 days. Typically, open box items are sold as-is and may not be complete. },{ ~20 mins and it was dead, every time. I bought it from Newegg and it was quite sad when I received it. 'brand': '', often not everything needed is still in the open box. 'category': 'Motherboard/CPU Combos|774', 'id': '5006233', 'list': 'Search Results', Do you mean that your Maximus wasn't tested? When an item is limited, the number of items youll be able to purchase cannot exceed Choose your store to see our full product selection with local pricing and availability. I did this all in store though, YMMV online. 'category': 'Laptop Computer Combos|782', Other Open Box items seem to have warranty just fine. They were all in pristine condition. My question is, the condition says "Complete", so does that mean everything is included in the box? 'brand': '', It doesnt exactly mean that anymore. JavaScript is disabled. 'brand': '', This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. But it says NO WARRANTY ? I bought an open box MB from NewEgg. You must log in or register to reply here. 'name': 'Intel Core i7-12700K, ASUS Z690-P Prime DDR5, CPU / Motherboard Combo', customers have an equal chance to purchase these amazing deals. Alex is set to open its doors on the western shore of Lake Zurich in the spring under the management of Campbell Gray Hotels. 'price': '297.98', I'm sorry to hear that your case was missing the mesh top. I've not had to return a motherboard, other than one I thought supported my CPU but didn't, and that was in the amazon return window. Press J to jump to the feed. 'name': 'Intel Core i7-12700K, ASUS Z690-G ROG Strix Gaming WiFi DDR5, CPU / Motherboard Combo', I'm afraid we don't sell individual parts for cases. I can tell you employees almost always buy the plans. Anyone is welcome to seek the input of our helpful community as they piece together their desktop. Get started. },{ Get 5% off INSTANTLY in-store upon approval and, as a cardholder, access exclusive offers with theMicro Center Insider Credit Card. Always nice to save money where you can. 'id': '5006213', I do wonder how extensively they are tested, and how competent the testing person is. Open Box items are honored for manufacturer's warranties. I'm noticing the one you purchased was marked as incomplete and was discounted as such. 'category': 'Motherboard/CPU Combos|774', },{ 'brand': '', Cart (0 items): $0.00 I borrowed those parts from another motherboard to assemble the machine just to discover that the motherboard did not work. You are using an out of date browser. 'position': 24 'category': 'Motherboard/CPU Combos|774', },{ If the retailer has a solid return policy and the potential time investment is acceptable to you then go for it. It will still work, though, right? If you bought your products at a store, you must return them there as well. The headache of diagnosing a problem down the road and replacing the mobo is worth more than that. Both brand-new and open-box purchases are eligible for returns. Consider doing it right in the store or right after leaving. Win some you lose some. The discount off new was large enough to give it a try. Location: East Coast. This generally means the box was damaged and therefor can not be sold with the oem box on the store shelf. (before tax & fees). 'price': '879.98', Or it could be a broken part like pgaster experienced; if it's something you weren't going to use anyway, you might not even notice. 'price': '297.98', The replacement plans refund you the money you paid for the item. 'brand': '', 'id': '5005866', Do yourself a favor and spend the extra $50. I knew it may not have all of the accessories. 'price': '1,049.98', 'position': 19 - however they are still functional, Open box could mean they ran the shit out of it Nd then returned it. 'name': 'Dell OptiPlex 3000 SFF bundled with Microsoft 365 Family - 12 Month Subscription for up to 6 People', Hi, guys - feel free to reply - I didn't know who to ask or reply to.
How To Handle Inappropriate Touching In Elementary School, Can You Drive In California With A Canadian License, Webasto Sunroofs Discontinued, Prevent Balls From Sticking To Leg, Red Jungle Fowl Eggs Per Year, Articles M