They asked basic questions which were simple and easy to answer. Before your interview, research Waitrose's leadership style online. Most retail positions require a wide range of hours, including evenings, weekends, holidays, overtime, and split shifts. Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Waitrose as 81.6% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.68 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). I felt everything was relevant. We hire professional interviewers (people with multiple years of experience interviewing candidates) to help us create our interview questions and write answer examples. Yes! There is a fine balance between being accommodating and being a pushover. As a retail employee, you will come across customers who want to argue with store policy. I appreciate that you want me to start with the basics of the inside sales before moving into outside sales. Talk to the interviewer about a time when you were able to suggest a change in the workplace. Strong customer service abilities and a customer-focused approach to work; Be able to resolve customer complaints and deal with queries in line with company policy; Follow your training and operational procedures to meet the requirements of your role; Demonstrate effective team-working skills and complete tasks thoroughly and efficiently; In certain Waitrose roles, you will be required to work unsociable hours and also at weekends; Wear the Waitrose uniform with pride and act as a positive role model for the organisation; Meet the expectations of customers with a view to encouraging them to return to the store time and time again. It may not be possible for everything to work out smoothly, such as getting your shift covered or making it to work on time. ", "I have had great supervisors in my previous positions; however, if faced with a communication challenge like this, I would ask the supervisor how I could improve communication between us. I work best with organizations with a penchant for learning and promoting their employees based on performance. Rather than placing blame, I believe it's always more effective to ask for growth recommendations.". Talk to the interviewer about how you find motivation on the job. Tell the interviewer why this particular job duty excites you. Here we. Copyright 2008-2023, Glassdoor, Inc. "Glassdoor" and logo are registered trademarks of Glassdoor, Inc. One time a situation did not go the way you expected, How would you deal with a customer complaint, Asked how I would deal with workplace situations, Tell us about a time you adapted your style to suit someone else. Great response; an interviewer will appreciate your willingness to be flexible contingent on school responsibilities. Be the first to find this interview helpful. We do not have advertisements on our pages but we do try to make money through paid-memberships. I ask them if they have questions, I actively listen, and I am great at reading body language. One time a situation did not go the way you expected, How would you deal with a customer complaint, Asked how I would deal with workplace situations, Tell us about a time you adapted your style to suit someone else. Super nice interviewer and easy questions. Salary questions can be a bit tricky. If you do not have experience working in retail, be honest with the interviewer and tell them you have not worked in retail before. ", "I would describe my communication skills as above average. This is your opinion, and you can answer how you would like. The interviewer would like to hear that you want to become a leader with Waitrose so they can mentor you into a management role. It is best to ask at least a question or two, showing the interviewer your eagerness to learn all you can. Stupidly hard questions for the role - it was like I was interviewing to be CEO. I am energetic, dependable, honest, and have a strong work ethic. (You can also mention Heston, which is a premium range of Waitrose products, inspired or created by Heston Blumenthal) 2. The more you can find out about Waitrose, the better. The interviewer wants to know what you hope to gain by working for Waitrose. Waitrose's core values are mentioned on its website and mentioned here: 'As co-owners we all have a share in the business and a shared commitment to go above and beyond for each other and our customers. I have worked in retail for the past three years and love interacting with customers. One time a situation did not go the way you expected, How would you deal with a customer complaint, when in the past have I shown time management, Tell me an example of when you received a good customer service, describe your experience and how would you apply that experience to working in this company. Application form followed by basic aptitude test. At all times when dealing with a customer complaint I would remain calm, listen to their complaint, apologise if necessary and put a plan in place to resolve the issues quickly and efficiently. To be considered for the position, you want to assure the interviewer that you are flexible and willing to help the company when needed. The interviewer wants to ensure that all your questions about the company or job role are answered during the interview. This video will reveal what questions are asked most often in Waitrose interviews and will teach you how to answer them. Waitrose job descriptions generally have a salary range noted on the job announcement. "I can be productive in most work environments, so long as the mentality is positive and teamwork is encouraged. The interviewer wants to hear that your references will positively describe you. If you can read and write job offer forthcoming within 24 hours. "I am looking to lay the foundation for the rest of my career with this position. 9 answers. The interviewer wants to hear that you can work in different types of situations but that you do not need close supervision. Went for interview and we as given a written test of how you would sell to certain people then asked 3 questions which I thought were completely over the . "I am happy to comply with any reference check required. Many people like recognition in some way for their accomplishments in the workplace, while others do not require public recognition. Describe what type of environment you feel most productive and happy in. "Last year, when I was managing our weekend shift, I noticed a pretty solid opportunity for us to save on overtime hours. 2. I think I have enough experience in retail to understand what attracts customers and prompts them to purchase. No pressure at all. You want to avoid saying you have nothing to learn from Waitrose. I am prepared to express my interest through hard work and taking on leadership duties as you feel I am ready. God bless u mate and taking the time to help a lad out like mw who is in over his head. I have a letter of recommendation from my previous employer highlighting these skills and have a copy if you would like to see it. Some staff complained that they didn't have their work schedule yet. Let the interviewer know that you have the creative skills necessary for their merchandising and displays. Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult customer or client? Once I was late due to a terrible snow storm, and I notified my supervisor of the situation, so it was not an issue. The interviewer wants to know why you left your last job to see if you were fired, gave notice, or were laid off. Full Suggested Answer & Detailed Response, Question 10, Our Update History for Waitrose. It is a subsidiary of John Lewis Partnership. The interviewer asks this question to see that you have strong verbal and written communication skills, which are required for all Waitrose positions. Be sure to give a more in-depth answer than the typical 'I am looking for growth' answer many interviewers hear. Discuss with the interviewer why you want to make a change and how this particular role fits well with the changes you seek. Suggested answers verified by our panel of interview experts. Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Waitrose as 78.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.60 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). ", "Just yesterday, I had a customer make a purchase and noticed that she was struggling with her bags. Company Information. Q11. If the customer was being verbally abusive, I would tell them that I want to help them if they would please be less aggressive. ", "No, nothing negative will show up in my reference check. Q9. Prior to attending your Waitrose interview, we strongly advise you learn a little bit about the brand, their history and also why specifically you want to work for them as opposed to the many other supermarket chains within your area. This employer has claimed their Employer Profile and is engaged in the Glassdoor community. No pressure at all. I have some photos on my phone of displays I created if you want to see them. Super nice interviewer and easy questions. I do not participate in drug use, and you can be assured that I will maintain a clean record if you hire me for this role. There were scenario based questions but with lots of others stemming off them. Interviews. Why do you want this job and what can you specifically bring to the role? The group task will be a situational one with a scenario to answer, and the solo interview is with a set number of questions, went in for a group interview where we had to do a task involving discussing what order we would do certain tasks and then a quick 1-1 interview where they only asked a few questions, I applied online. All interview questions are created by MockQuestions.com and are not official interview questions for any organization listed on MockQuestions.com. "I have researched Waitrose a great deal and am very happy with the positive reviews I came across online. If you gave notice, were laid off, or fired, describe the circumstances behind your leaving. What plans do you have over the coming 5 to 10 years? "I have solid communication skills and feel this skill is one of my greatest strengths. It is best to show that you can work with various management styles. Merely share that you have the means to get to work consistently and on time. It is incredibly important to research the company's core values and mission statement before your interview. To help you prepare for a Waitrose job interview, here are 40 interview questions and answer examples. Having studied the job description for this role, I feel I have the required skills, qualities and attributes to not only perform the job to a high standard, but to also maintain the standards you expect of your employees and partners. I interviewed at Waitrose, Online assessment Group assessment looking at priority of tasks of a typical day and customer service tasks 1 to 1 interview asking uniform sizes and working availability, questions about hobbies and previous experience. Despite being competitive, we have a great work environment where we help each other when someone is struggling to meet their quota. Which all went well. Last year my earnings were ?52,000, and I would like to stay in the same range or slightly higher based on my years of experience in this industry. After identifying three qualities that make you an excellent fit for the role, explain why these qualities will benefit Waitrose if hired. I felt everything was relevant. How would you manage food temperature in the freezers/ fridges? ", "Last year, I worked at a high-end jewelry store where sales goals were intense, and the rewards were high. Describe a stressful situation at work and how you handled it? "I am prepared and committed to working the hours listed in the position's job description. I am excited to bring these qualities to this position with Waitrose.". "I am very much an over-achiever and find that the best way for me to be recognized for a job well done is through words of kindness. Even if you're not expected to drive for the job, you will need to have some form of reliable transportation. Involved working through a simple task with 3 others, then going for a short one on one interview with a manager. If you discover a coworker stealing, the hiring manager wants to hear that you would advise your supervisor or manager and let them handle the situation. In addition to upholding the strong values and ethics of the Waitrose brand, you will also be required to demonstrate outstanding customer service and care, have a flexible approach to working, be able to work well with other employees and partners, be able to resolve customer complaints, demonstrate great attention to detail, make decisions in the best interests of the brand and also potentially work unsociable hours if and when required. They just asked you standard interview questions that you would know. Tell me about a time you worked in a team. There were scenario based questions but with lots of others stemming off them. Interviews at Waitrose Experience Positive 78% Negative 7% Neutral 15% Getting an Interview Applied online 95% In Person 2% Recruitment Agency 1% Difficulty 2.6 Average Hard Average Easy Interviews for Top Jobs at Waitrose Supermarket Assistant (381) Sales Assistant (86) Customer Assistant (80) Customer Service Assistant (61) Of course, I would not be telling the truth if I said there wasnt the appeal of you being local to where I live, but there are other supermarket stores in the local area, and I would not choose to work there. Assure the interviewer that you can commit to a wide range of hours. "My current sales position is highly commission-based, so my colleagues and I are quite competitive. I fully believe in honesty at all times.". If I were a manager and caught an employee stealing, I would terminate them immediately. I applied online. Remember having related work experience will put you ahead of the competition. If I have a question or require assistance from my manager or mentor, I will not hesitate to ask them. Display your enthusiasm for the job by assuring the interviewer you have researched the organization and the role. I have had to cover for coworkers several times in the past, and I don't mind accepting overtime hours. You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off in settings. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again. When I started working at a restaurant at sixteen, we were taught the adage 'if you're on time, you're late,' so I've worked to implement that into my life. Explain how you provide excellent customer service. After this discusses hours I was available to work and when I could start. You will be better prepared to answer the question if what they wrote is fresh in your mind. We do not claim our questions will be asked in any interview you may have. FREE 30 days access to our BESTSELLING online Interview Training Course! The group task will be a situational one with a scenario to answer, and the solo interview is with a set number of questions. "Last week, my manager had not completed the schedule for the following week. Then once got through that stage. Full Suggested Answer & Detailed Response, Question 7, TIP #4 In respect of TIP#3 above, when answering these types of behavioural interview questions, we recommend you make good use of the STAR interview technique. Let the interviewer know if you have not worked in a competitive work environment. Well structured and flexible: few questions about how to deal with difficult situations and how to deal with team work. So I recently applied for a part time job at waitrose! ), UPDATE: I got the job offer.THANKS Richard . I was invited to a teams online call to talk with a manager, and basically have a virtual interview. The interviewer does not want to hear that you left your previous job because you did not like your boss or are switching industries because you could not tolerate the schedule. ", "I am very much self-driven and self-motivated. It is also good to have copies for the interviewer if they would like a copy for their file. I found it challenging because it was a different industry than I was accustomed to. Be complimentary of yourself - now is not the time to be super humble. If you have past performance reviews or letters of recommendation from your references, review them before your interview. If you respond that you rely on your managers to keep you motivated, the hiring manager may feel you lack the drive to succeed and do a good job. The hiring process at Waitrose takes an average of 16 days when considering 7 user submitted interviews across all job titles. ", "I hope to gain stronger skills in communication and customer service. I looked at many job postings and interviewed some carefully selected places, but you are my front-runner. This is the company I see enjoying a long career with, and I am excited about this opportunity.". Proper planning will get you far, but sometimes life happens, and you'll need a plan B. The job description should have prepared you for the shifts you will be asked to work. Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at. I communicate effectively with diverse groups and know how to bring out the best in people. ", "I believe with a little training, I could very easily create some attractive displays. This employer has claimed their Employer Profile and is engaged in the Glassdoor community. Interview. ", Our Professional Interview CoachLauren McCabe Reviewed the Above Answer. I also enjoy the annual reviews because it lets me show my staff how well they are doing and how much I appreciate their work. Examples of good questions are asking the interviewer how you performed in the interview or if you need to clarify anything, asking what the interviewer likes most about working for Waitrose, or if they have any hesitancy about hiring you. My written communication skills are exceptional, as well.". We all know interviews are stressful and competition is intense. The top ones would include my strong organization skills, my ability to have a conversation with anyone comfortably, and my solid work ethic and level of honesty. "I had zero unexcused absences last year. QUESTION Waitrose has an exceptional reputation within the industry. This video. After this discusses hours I was available to work and when I could start. You can ask the interviewer to describe their management style if you wish. It is a definite plus if you have cheered on your competitors and helped them along the way. I was sick for two days, and a note from my doctor accompanied those. If you have an example from a previous job, use that in your response. I take an evening college course on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I would not be available those days after 5 PM. If you sound cocky or arrogant, the hiring manager may feel you would be challenging to work with. Assure the interviewer there is no reason why they shouldn't hire you. If you are successful you'll be asked to select interview date. I have worked in a leadership role for five years and always lead by example. How would you manage food temperature in the freezers/ fridges? Easy Interview. Your job duties will include speaking with customers, coworkers, and managers. Q2. When there is a problem in the workplace, I am the one people seek to resolve the issue. Whatever the reasonor no reason at allyou can have a full refund if this resource isnt right for you. All of our products and training resources are protected by our 30-day no questions asked money back guarantee. I'm 17 and after reading other peoples experiences on here, I thought I would post mine just to help others So I applied online and got an email asking whether I would like to go for a group . ", "I take public transit; however, I find it very reliable. Waitrose interview details in Ipswich: 11 interview questions and 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Waitrose interview candidates. TIP #5 At the end of your Waitrose interview, you may be given the opportunity to ask the panel some questions. I did not miss one work day last year or the year before. Focus on being direct and honest, and explain why you left your last place of employment. You had a group task to do, and then an individual interview with a manager. I also appreciate your contribution to the communities in the UK and abroad. Your five core values speak volumes and are what made me want to apply to your company. Positive Experience. However, be sure to back up your reason for liking or not liking performance incentives. PLUS BONUSESIn addition to the specific WAITROSE INTERVIEW Questions & Answers, you will also receive the following BONUSES: 150+ Page Interview Skills Guide packed full of interview advice, to tips from interview experts, and all of the most common interview questions with detailed answers. So there is no risk. "I would be very excited about obtaining a role in leadership within Waitrose in the future. Ask The Interviewer: Work From Home Edition, Cover Letters are Hard to Write, But This is Why They Matter. Explain to the interviewer what your ideal employer looks like so they can determine if you will be a good fit for the company culture. ", "Yes, I have extensively researched your company and closely identify with your five core values. Want to know what questions Waitrose ask at interview? If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. My dad got rear-ended one time when driving me to school. I work very hard to ensure I speak to everyone in terms they can understand. "There is no reason why you should not hire me. ", "I think uniforms are a great way to provide a feeling of unity in the workplace. For example, you might like that you will be responsible for training all new employees and providing regular performance evaluations. I have a strong work ethic and moral compass and seek opportunities to help others. Focus on asking questions specific to the role you are interviewing for or the company culture and work environment. Of course, you want to review the job announcement and research Waitrose beforehand so you are not asking questions that could be found during your research. I am also at a stage in my life where I have the stability of a good home life and partner, and as such, I am now able to dedicate more time to working flexible, and unsociable hours if and when required. I love that you act with integrity, give it your all, and give more than you take. Talk to the interviewer about your past year's attendance at your previous job. Was one on one and answered about the job I was the given scenarios on the shop and had to put jobs in priority order. Heres why you should buy with PassMyInterview.com. So far, we have seen a 56% decline in the overall loss.".
Baroness Rozelle Empain, Articles W