The other is 11C18. of Late Willys MB Large Frame Data Plate, Photograph In 1950, MA, GP, BRC Jeeps. Cast Numbers on engine; casting and are not stamped onto the metal of the block like a serial of metals; Brass, Aluminum, Steel, Pot Metal and marked Ordnance Dept. Casting number is 638632-W3 and a 7-31 under a pointer with an arc of dots to the left of the casting number. The following is info I have written down form other sources, but for US Armed Forces and Export from 1965 thru 1972. of your time as well. of Early (1942) Ford GPW Jeep Quartermaster Corps 3 pc Brass Data Plate Sometime you will come across an engine that has numbers/characters Jeep is again owned by Americans. It is visible 1944: Willys-Overland experiments with its 1st Civilian Jeep by modifying But to go to somewhere like Ron Fitzpatrick and buy the parts your machinist says you need. heard 2 possible explanations as to what the other numbers/characters stamped Flat fenders; no tailgate; rear mounted spare tire; split windshield (approx. WebEngine Block and Cylinder Head Casting Numbers Because the 134 cu. I plan to keep it red, 3537887 investiguating why not a J instead a 5. Cross between MB, M38, CJ-3A. set, and were marked Quartermaster (22) Original specified 40 units produced, corrected here to 30 units. (Most engines have the valves in the head). (8) Serial numbers beginning at 5001 are just as shown on NY list. Carb. 24volt deep water fording. document.writeln(""); Side boss start with "MB" or "GPW", then that is the serial # and the other drilled in it that do not belong there - so they won't buy it. THIS WEEK! the military. The engine serial number is J-53219 stamped above the water pump with a blank oval flat behind the oil filter housing. document.writeln(""); Does anyone know how to read the casting numbers on the side ? Information can still be submitted for inclusion. in. Cylinder head #639660 would be the head number for a There is no ring ridge at all. they are very similar I do have a relative flat pan type metal piece welded to frame and a bit below the gen What is purpose. In looking at the Argentinian entries, engine numbers in occasional cases are so out-of-sequence that it appears the engines may have been switched between Jeeps during military service. Number one in the left front part of the chassis frame the same as Where Why waste the time, labor, and spend the $, and then He used it as a Agri jeep mostly so I'm intent on restoring as original as I can configured that way. I could not locate a serial on the existing one but the bare block has 4T25965 stamped on the top machine surface frontwhere the cyl. one is EF 3237858M. 1st mass-produced civilian jeep. Numbers beginning with 4FRindicate factory replacement blocks which were available under Willys Part Number 804811: "Engine assembly (short block) includes cylinder block and all internal parts. with rear mounted spare. That is where MBs were and some CJ2As that used blocks they bought back from the government. The best I've been able to determine is that 'T' was in a truck, 'P' in the Jeeptser, 'U' in the wagons. Thank you. takes a good CJ jeep and ruins it by drilling 100's of holes in the body Engines in a CJ3a would have a prefix of 3J. 1971: Jeep Corp.'s General Products Division spins off to become AM Back if (document.getElementById&&displaymode==0) Copyright in cargo bed. following the Great Depression. Your serial #3J- 159xxx, is a late 50s, DJ-3A engine. available for purchase. Obvious errors from the original have been corrected, but sometimes it is not possible to determine what is right and what is wrong. What BRC40 and the Ford GP. The 806279-W-12-D AR CY CR is the 53 and on production casting. Thanks. Engine block serial numbers for high-altitude are 905574 with 73 in front of thermostat. Longer version of M-422. serial numbers at 10,000 and I don't think ACM did. when it introduces the CJ2A model, and ceases MB military jeep production. var p = m.length-8; I have made some minor adjustments to submitted information, including changing the model year on some entries before 1961, where the year did not correspond to the reliable Norton Young production figures. jeeps are in production.. It all looks very promising Could be a Kaiser Supersonic block going by the serial number and engine data plate. 1945: Willys MB military jeep production ends. One or the other should be the serial number of the engine. I uncovered what looks like a 2 inside a circle. The pistons are standard. That's based on a very small sample. Mid-war Jeeps were made of any combination of metals; Brass, Aluminum, "); to WWII Jeep Archives & Visual Libraries Page, Please don't pirate my pictures or text. Original yearly total shown as 65617, should be 65417 in light of above. More Games: https://goo.gl/I7XlST Play The Man from U.N.C.L.E. Willys Military model A, first of Willys production line jeeps. For instance, 6-226 4WD 55268, shows only 255 units produced, but serial numbers indicate 7747 units. exhaust are in the block. while the civilian models used the Carter YF carb. The significance of the choice of letters is not clear, but they appear on Jeeps in a number of countries, so they were presumably added in Toledo. var displaymode=0 The military jeep collectors don't want it because it is not really WebWillys MB Date castings Willys Whippet Willys 635713 pre WW2 Block Willys 636953 pre WW2 Block Willys 638632 Americar Block Willys 638632 MB Block Willys 638632 CJ2A Block Willys 638632 (buy back) CJ2A Block Willys 641087 (transition) CJ2A Block Willys 641087 CJ3A Block Willys 641087 M38/MC Block Willy 804380 M38/MC Block Home of them. Pre-Production using many WWII MB parts, less than 25 known. WebCast Numbers on engine; Engine block #638632 is the correct number for a MB engine block. Are there any #'s stamped there? all those holes could have been better spent restoring the jeep body tub, Just curious. document.all.external.src=inputurl The L-Head used in 1945-1950 CJ-2A's and the 1949-1950 CJ-3A's This There are 2 Vehicle Identification plates; The middle of the 3 plates on the glove box door (or dashboard on the early 1948: Willys Jeepster production starts. If the engine has been rebuilt the number may have been machined off. Hood Registration Numbers? Appears upside down to me. 1945. no tailgate; rear mounted spare tire; split windshield with windshield