an excessive feeling of self-satisfaction. Now come up with strong arguments for the opposing side (like that Hulu is the best streaming service). When you push yourself to do things youre afraid of doing, it helps you expand your sense of what youre capable of. classic cars for sale in michigan under $5,000. Signup for our newsletter to get notified about our next ride. But creativity doesnt happen in a void. Take away lesson: Be willing to ask all sorts of questions, even what may seem to be dumb ones. Why are humans curious? Did any DOS compatibility layers exist for any UNIX-like systems before DOS started to become outmoded? What were the surprises? I switched my focus in the first semester. In the era of Google searches, we have no problem finding the exact answer to our question, but we may be less likely to serendipitously encounter information that is not specific to our question. It's envisioning another way. What would life be like? They do so because their age (societys conventions) dictates what behavior is appropriate. Britannicas Demystified stories give insight into some of lifes big mysteries. What is opposite of the phrase "in one sitting" in the context of a book? He is taught to mind his own business and to avoid sticking his nose in where its not wanted. Is there a word specifically for either the satisfaction of a curiosity, or the feeling that results? Example: He was curious about what is inside the box. "grokked" works to an extent. Take away lesson: Leslie writes: I dont agree with those who claim the Internet is making us stupid. Truth cannot be borrowed. @ermanen, "sated", to me, is a degree more satisfying that "satisfied". You could be observing an interaction between a parent and child at the park, or someone scrolling through a social media feed on their smartphone at Starbucks. another way to say feed my curiosity. See how your sentence looks with different synonyms. They pose questions that cant be answered definitively, because the answers often depend on a highly complex and interrelated set of factors, both known and unknown., Puzzles offer us the satisfaction of answering a question even while youre missing the point completely. Related: 22 Ways to Become a Relentless Learner. Thrill Seeking. Payment. Visit CoolHunting.com or Trendwatching.com. another way to say feed my curiosity Curiosity and the Chrysanthemum: Defuse Conflicts, Become a Masterful Negotiator, and Relish the Beauty of Change, 7 Ticking Time Bombs That Destroy Loving Relationships, An Addiction Myth That Needs to Be Revisited, 5 Spiritual Practices That Increase Well-Being. attract. The 5DCR has fewer items as we removed the worst item of each subscale. @ermanen agreed, I think that any way you cut it, you'll have to specify curiosity so that people understand. This practice will not only help you see the world with more empathy it will also help you make a better case for your own beliefs, because you understand the various arguments and counter-arguments that much better. Curiosity inspires us to solve problems and think creatively. An impending fear of panic attacks led them to avoid certain situations, people, and objects. Discover the measurement of the Corte Vecchio [courtyard of the dukes palace]. Why does it have to be this way? Nglish: Translation of curiosity for Spanish Speakers, Britannica English: Translation of curiosity for Arabic Speakers, Britannica.com: Encyclopedia article about curiosity. . To find correct answers which are already known. The Fascinated: high on all dimensions of curiosity, particularly Joyous Exploration, 2. Before, I equated asking with being stupid. I would say that my curiosity is satiated (rassasier in French). In this way, the concepts of motivation and reward are intrinsically tied to the phenomenon of curiosity. Teaching, and allowing for others to teach you, is a highly rewarding activity whose gifts will reveal themselves to you in time. Please stop using this scale. And, since "curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back", maybe "reincarnated". Why is this the case? Search to satisfy my curiosity and thousands of other words in English definition and synonym dictionary from Reverso. Or if you talked to a certain person? Or sketching a map of your favorite memory. Thanks for contributing an answer to English Language & Usage Stack Exchange! 5. ", "having one's appetite completely satisfied". To save this word, you'll need to log in. English Language & Usage . 1. . In 2004, as a graduate student, my colleagues and I created The Curiosity and Exploration Inventory. Treatment. Puzzles have definite answersOnce the missing information is found, its not a puzzle anymore. He makes a compelling case for why it is more vital than ever, as we grow older and more demands are put on our time, that we stay intellectually curious. Verb. It sucks. Montaigne wrote of how travel to different regions and countries allows us to rub and polish our brains against others, and Leonardo seems keen to polish his brain against as many others as possible., 3. Walk It Out. Successful innovators and artists amass vast stores of knowledge which they can then draw on unthinkingly. sun dried tomato bread recipe jamie oliver; laura englander levin wedding; how a guarded man tests you; red thread spaces llc east hartford, ct Make a list of the instances where it fell short. What is the point of Thrower's Bandolier? Walks are scientifically proven to help your brain feel great and to get your creative juices flowing. It is what psychologists might call a trait cluster. For instance, my research team initiated new studies on the dark side of curiosity and how close friends and strangers view curious people (here), how curiosity breeds intimacy (here), how curiosity might serve as an antidote to aggression (here), and an intriguing study of how curiosity boots well-being upon making progress toward one's goals (a paper that has been relatively ignoredhere). Alitzah and Brandon Stinson on Refueling Inspiration, Increasing Productivity and the Value of Gratitude, 6 Things to Do before Unplugging for the Weekend, When to Retire from Your First Career and How to Plan Your Next Move, Think Slow and Other Tricks for Better Problem-Solving, A 4-Question Guide to Unlock Your Creativity, Hunch: Turn Your Everyday Insights into the Next Big Thing, When Youre Dating (or Married to) a Pessimist. Behave like a new visitor or customer to this app, website or store. Theres been a lot of quarterback movement around the league and a lot of, Nevertheless, the Ising model survived as a mathematical. A Fathers Way. You can complete the list of synonyms of to satisfy my curiosity given by the English Thesaurus dictionary with other English dictionaries: Wikipedia, Lexilogos, Oxford, Cambridge, Chambers Harrap, Wordreference, Collins Lexibase dictionaries, Merriam Webster. | We suggest thinking hard about the activities that youve never done before, and trying them out. Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, and our products. Preferably all of them and especially the ones that are on the test. Perhaps you are a very curious person, but youve grown up in a society that looks down on everything unconventional and so youve hidden your curiosity or have convinced yourself that it is no longer appropriate for you to be curious anymore. Or if you tried a new exercise? These two trends exist in tension with each other. I am trying to describe my curiosity for how "things" work. Consider an experience that you have on a regular basis and get ready to break it down into its parts. Is your curiosity piqued? @blueintegral Hmm, to me "satiated" like it is more strongly with respect to food. Can Humans Detect Text by AI Chatbot GPT? Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This author does not have any more posts. de: mon imbcile de frre, ce monstre de patron, acronym of As Far As I Know, from the best of, You want to reject this entry: please give us your comments (bad translation/definition, duplicate entries), English Portuguese translation in context, Free: Learn English, French and other languages, Reverso Documents: translate your documents online, Learn English watching your favourite videos. Other than that, relief and reward is used in some technical sources. So get out there and do something you never have before youll be surprised at what youre able to accomplish! Make time to visit a successful business (either online or offline). appeal to. Although it is warm and comforting, it is a prison. I did not see anything relevant that goes better with "curiosity" than with anything else. Does Counterspell prevent from any further spells being cast on a given turn? Theres nothing better for cultivating curiosity and joyful learning than a happy, well-oiled brain! Spend 15 minutes in a place where people are waiting or queuing. What problems did you solve by making a change? Curiosity allows you to question the norm and whether it is sane or not, right for you or not, right for the world or not. It was a promise to integrate the isolated strands of research on curiosity into a single model. Get to know someone better. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. Oprah once said, you transform the world when you transform yourself. Its the same universal concept that many successful and enlightened people have realized. What is a formal word or term for forgetting what you were doing or saying while doing or saying it? What if we got rid of the keyboard? The common phrase is " satisfy one's curiosity " as you mentioned in the question. Upon collecting data from a nationally representative sample of 508 adults, and then 403 adults online, and then another nationally representative sample of 3,000 adults, we uncovered 5 dimensions of curiosity: 1. Once you start asking questionsTRULY START TO ASK QUESTIONSthen your journey has begun. This might be your local caf, station, park or an airport departure lounge. The only person or thing that can make you stupid, or incurious, is you. Dont blame the Internet for your lack of curiosity. The internet and digital technologies have reduced the friction between our desires and the gratification of them and closed the gap between our questions and answers. interest. Have you ever thought about the many interesting stories, worldviews, or skills that each of your friends and family members possesses?